Billy King on loan to Rangers (merged)

Darren

Robbies way of making sure the vermin stay in playoffs, joking aside dont get it.....what if we have injuries to Jamie or Sam?

Winston Ingram

Writing been on the wall for King for a while, you could tell with team selections. Very similar to Holt, didn't seem to be consistently trusted.

With Walker and Nicholson on way back, I actually think this is a decent move for the lad

I get this but feel we're feeding the monster

Hackney Hearts

With Walker and Nicholson on way back, I actually think this is a decent move for the lad

Neither of them are back yet!

Who plays right now? And who plays when one (or both) of them inevitably gets crocked again? I actually think BK is often a better option than Sam even when both available.

This is mad.

Big mistake, IMO. Massive fan of the lad and for me he offers more output than Nicholson. Not sure why we'd loan him out either, doesn't make much sense to me.

I'm fine with it.Nicholson and walker are back. Think we could be in for a surprise signing. Maybe waiting till Saturdays games over.

I just got a call about this about 30 mins ago and I've been sworn to secrecy. It'll all become clear come Monday when the window shuts. Rangers taking over Billy Kings salary for the rest of the season is freeing up another wage for us.

Winston Ingram

I just got a call about this about 30 mins ago and I've been sworn to secrecy. It'll all become clear come Monday when the window shuts. Rangers taking over Billy Kings salary for the rest of the season is freeing up another wage for us.

We clearly have some pretty decent plans of our own. I expect minimum 2 players in.

Marooned in Sec Z

Someone else coming in then?

Hackney Hearts

Neither of them are back yet!

Who plays right now? And who plays when one (or both) of them inevitably gets crocked again? I actually think BK is often a better option than Sam even when both available.

This is mad.

Is his future still at Hearts or is this with a view to him signing for the Huns?

Malcolm Tucker

I think Zanatta may start on Saturday now then, Nicholson and Walker time off the bench. Shows how highly Neilson rates Dario but King is ridiculously effective for us and will be a miss IMO. Contract up at the end of the season, can't see him playing for us again.

If what jayjay says is true we must be looking at getting a serious baller in.

I reckon that JohnKing and Jayjay have called it. It is, IMO, madness to send him out on loan unless we have a player coming in. Either a striker (with Zanatta being considered an adequate replacement for King) or a direct replacement.

Ann budge will release a statement the now saying it's all the fans fault. We had to free up his wage to pay for the police.

Is he out of contract in the summer?

Sure he only got a 1 year extension. I hope we are going to offer him a deal, at least. Let's trigger that development fee.

If it's freeing up a wage it must mean we have someone pretty decent lined up on loan for the rest of the season? 

I think Zanatta may start on Saturday now then, Nicholson and Walker time off the bench. Shows how highly Neilson rates Dario but King is ridiculously effective for us and will be a miss IMO. Contract up at the end of the season, can't see him playing for us again.

If what jayjay says is true we must be looking at getting a serious baller in.

Did King not sign a two year deal last May?

Winston Ingram

King does the odd good thing but isn't nearly effective enough. And never plays well away from home. No need for the meltdown about this. 

While obviously I don't know you from Adam, you've been a reliable contributor on this board when it comes to this sort of news.  If you know anything about the Monday news, are we likely to be huffed or chuffed? 

Unless we sign a few cracking players this is a terrible decision and we would need more than Souttar to make up for letting King go.

Malcolm Tucker

King does the odd good thing but isn't nearly effective enough. And never plays well away from home. No need for the meltdown about this.

King was involved in something like 25 goals last season, goals and assists. Got 2 goals and a couple assists this season too. To say he isn't effective enough just isn't true. He's not as technically gifted as Walker or Nicholson, I'll grant you.

Archived