Anyone Who Can Still Think Stewart Is Great After Tonight.......

Vlad_Knows_Best

Vlad_Knows_Best

..................well you need your eyes tested and your head.

A waste of a jersey again.............and he was not ill tonight.......so no excuses.

I am glad to see that the minority that regard MS being sh*te is slowly becoming the majority. Was very glad to hear numbers of fans telling Stewart that he was sh*te. Maybe now the penny is dropping.

A waste of a jersey again.............and he was not ill tonight.......so no excuses.

I am glad to see that the minority that regard MS being sh*te is slowly becoming the majority. Was very glad to hear numbers of fans telling Stewart that he was sh*te. Maybe now the penny is dropping.

Don't agree mate.A lot worse than him out there tonight.At least he tries last 6 weeks or so he hasn't been great but i'd get rid of quite a few before him.Esp Berra now that is mince really really mince.He is a fairy Can't jump or tackle or run and christ never a captain.My opinion Neilson,Jose,Berra,Miko (lazy useless non trying waste of a jersey) all worse than Stewart.

Stewart is a very average player struggling to perform in a very poor team.

He has a problem with his temper and is not a team player.

Don't agree mate.A lot worse than him out there tonight.At least he tries last 6 weeks or so he hasn't been great but i'd get rid of quite a few before him.Esp Berra now that is mince really really mince.He is a fairy Can't jump or tackle or run and christ never a captain.My opinion Neilson,Jose,Berra,Miko (lazy useless non trying waste of a jersey) all worse than Stewart.

HE WAS AND IS AND HAS BEEN THE WORST PLAYER FOR THE LAST 3 GAMES

NEILSON ASWELL

FOLLOWED BY

MIKO

GONCALVES

NADE

GTF

Susie-Jambo-66

Agree 100% The people sitting around me where all saying how Smit he was tonight.

He has been pretty Smit the last few games. He should be on the bench and not get a start

NEILSON ASWELL

FOLLOWED BY

MIKO

GONCALVES

NADE

GTF

I agree but all im saying is there is worse than him.Berra for a start.Big fairy.

NEILSON ASWELL

FOLLOWED BY

MIKO

GONCALVES

NADE

GTF

You clearlt were not at the game tonight.

Nade was excellent and gave us a real chance of getting something.

forgot to add him to the list

it's just a disgrace to get a performance like that with all these die hard fans like myself travelling through and seein smit week in week out it's an absolute disgrace.

Yeah Michael Stewart was awful. He has a massive ego and demands to take every free kick and corner despite them all being absolute gash.

He can go back to Hibs as far as i'm concerned, a total waste of space. Thinks he's Zidane, plays like Jarko Wiss.

Not good enough, just like Miko.

trust me yes i was

i was one of the lads giving the motherwell fans stick and

i started the

your not fit to referee so shh!

Nelly Terraces

C'mon mate, 'excellent' is over doing it. I'd say he was just 'OKish'.

trust me yes i was

i was one of the lads giving the motherwell fans stick and

i started the

your not fit to referee so shh!

And you don't think Nade played well tonight???????

You must have been too busy shouting at the wee Well fans to watch the game.

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

Did he not pop up for a wee chat with the fans this time ?

Best place for him !!

C'mon mate, 'excellent' is over doing it. I'd say he was just 'OKish'.

I thought he was our best player.

We offered **** all in attack until he came on. We still kept sticking high balls up to him which he can't cope with which was daft because every time he got the ball into feet, he was holding it up well and causing them problems.

That run from the corner flag with 3 Well players on him was quality. If only Miko or Chesney had skills like that.

thats all nade done was skin they 3 players and wasted it when he put it into the arms of smith.

when there was 3 players open right at the edge of the 18 yard line

I thought he was our best player.

We offered **** all in attack until he came on. We still kept sticking high balls up to him which he can't cope with which was daft because every time he got the ball into feet, he was holding it up well and causing them problems.

That run from the corner flag with 3 Well players on him was quality. If only Miko or Chesney had skills like that.

yep it was a good run.....trouble is, he never gets his head up to make a pass.....when he made that run he should have pulled the ball back ..still he made a difference up front :)

because every time he got the ball into feet, he was holding it up well and causing them problems.

thats the only thing he can do!

Guest JamboRobbo
yep it was a good run.....trouble is, he never gets his head up to make a pass.....when he made that run he should have pulled the ball back ..still he made a difference up front :)

spot on. looked more like a player again tonight. but as you say, never gets his head up to see the passes after his dribbles....

thats all nade done was skin they 3 players and wasted it when he put it into the arms of smith.

when there was 3 players open right at the edge of the 18 yard line

There was 2 or 3 defenders blocking the cut back.

Think he just tried his luck and hit it low accross the goalie.

Their goalie did well.

because every time he got the ball into feet, he was holding it up well and causing them problems.

thats the only thing he can do!

He'll get goals if he gets service.

He'll get goals if he gets service.

he's a player who needs to play off someone.

of velicka would do kick the high balls to velicka ( flick it on nade pace boom goal???!!?!?)

Nelly Terraces

Stewart is just another player, along with Miko, who I just sigh and wait to make a fraggin ******-up the second he gets the ball. They never dissapoint.

Best 'Stewart' moment tonight was the 2nd half when him and Neilson couldnt pass to each other 2 yards apart in the mid. I was actually pashing myself laughing at the utter ineptitude of the pair of them!

Stewart is just another player, along with Miko, who I just sigh and wait to make a fraggin ******-up the second he gets the ball. They never dissapoint.

Best 'Stewart' moment tonight was the 2nd half when him and Neilson couldnt pass to each other 2 yards apart in the mid. I was actually pashing myself laughing at the utter ineptitude of the pair of them!

Same here.

Stewart is utter pish. A bottom 6 player and no better. Same as Neilson. If these guys were Lithuanian, they would be getting booed off the park.

Sad to say, we need an entire new team.

Nelly Terraces
Same here.

Stewart is utter pish. A bottom 6 player and no better. Same as Neilson. If these guys were Lithuanian, they would be getting booed off the park.

Sad to say, we need an entire new team.

Talking of whom. Miko running out of play with the ball with nobody around him, that had me in stitches, honestly, just a complete joke, you had to laugh at how bad this boy is at football.

Keeping 'on thread' though, Stewarts 'fresh air' shot on Saturday was his most embarrassing moment this season, but tonight, overall, he was a comedian. Division 1 player at best.

Get rid. Now.

Stewart was a total disgrace last night, couldn't get a corner by the first man and basically gave every free kick back to their keeper.

As for Robbie, at least he didn't fall asleep every time they punted the ball forward like Jose.

We_are_the_Hearts

Stewarts delivery was appalling.

Nade won countless headers in the 2nd half and had the Well defence keeking themself and on the back foot. The guy has been a nightmare recently but surely credit where its due?

Drylaw Hearts

Stewart was awful last night.

He can't pass, he can't tackle, he can't shoot and he can't cross.

He blames his teammates for his mistakes.

He is a passenger.

Get rid.

Guest GhostHunter

Stewart fits in well with the team as it currently stands.

Full of promise, but in reality, complete and utter sheeit.

Stewart was awful last night.

He can't pass, he can't tackle, he can't shoot and he can't cross.

He blames his teammates for his mistakes.

He is a passenger.

Get rid.

The scream of abuse at Miko when Stewart ran the ball out on our left as he had no idea of how to use his left foot was ridiculous.

I don't think that Stewart helps himself much, but he was hung out to dry by Frail/Romanov in the last 2 games by them playing him as the front midfielder - he clearly can't play with his back to goal.

Why does Stewart take the free kicks and corners?

Most games he fails to pick out any of his own men.

Last night he had 3 corners in the first half and didn't beat the first man once. In the second half he had three free kicks and every one of them went straight to the keeper!

Some people will probably say that he's the best we've got at it but if this is the case then we should just punt the ball out for a throw or a goal kick everytime we win a set-piece, probably more chance of getting the ball back that way.

Everyone goes nuts whenever we get a corner or a free kick close to the box, whats the point when every time it ends up in the keepers arms?

I know we scored from a corner against Hibs but that was Driver and the only reason we scored is because Ma-calamity is pish!

Not read the comments in this thread but Stewarts committment in the first half of the season was great, it all started up at Dundee United and I think ever since then Hearts fans have got on the back of him. In truth, his performances of late have been poor, very poor in fact.

Serge McMurto

Last night he had 3 corners in the first half and didn't beat the first man once. In the second half he had three free kicks and every one of them went straight to the keeper!

Some people will probably say that he's the best we've got at it but if this is the case then we should just punt the ball out for a throw or a goal kick everytime we win a set-piece, probably more chance of getting the ball back that way.

Everyone goes nuts whenever we get a corner or a free kick close to the box, whats the point when every time it ends up in the keepers arms?

I know we scored from a corner against Hibs but that was Driver and the only reason we scored is because Ma-calamity is pish!

Have said it before and will say it again if it is good enough for the worlds best exponents of dead balls (Beckam, Ronaldo etc) to stay behind and practice after training then the diddies at our club should be on the training ground till nightfall until they improve!!!

I have never bought into the idea that Stewart was much of a player. OK, he had one or two half-decent games earlier in the season but for most of his two spells at Tynecastle he has been gash.

His self belief, more accurately self delusion, that he is something special no doubt comes from the fact that he was once on MU's books. A classic example of a promising youngster with a great future behind him!

His insistence on taking all the set pieces, and usually making a .... of it and his berating of team-mates really annoys me. Punt him now!

Harry Kinnear

Don't think forward mid field is his forte, distribution poor and geeting poorer, finally as a professional sporsman does he practice free kicks and corners?

I have never bought into the idea that Stewart was much of a player. OK, he had one or two half-decent games earlier in the season but for most of his two spells at Tynecastle he has been gash.

His self belief, more accurately self delusion, that he is something special no doubt comes from the fact that he was once on MU's books. A classic example of a promising youngster with a great future behind him!

His insistence on taking all the set pieces, and usually making a .... of it and his berating of team-mates really annoys me. Punt him now!

I've been saying this for months, squad player at best, I put him in the Calum Elliot mould but with attitude,,,,,nae pace, cannae heid the ball, canne tackle, cannae pass and unfortunately it's everyone elses fault but his when HIS passes go astray.....won't be a miss :(

Guest JamboRobbo

Absolutely spot on. Michael Stewart has been messing up free kicks and corners all season long. He should be nowhere near them.

Have said it before and will say it again if it is good enough for the worlds best exponents of dead balls (Beckam' date=' Ronaldo etc) to stay behind and practice after training then the diddies at our club should be on the training ground till nightfall until they improve!!!

[/quote']

Agreed. Anyone who saw Jose's attempt at crossing a ball last night would also wonder how he can possibly feel it's acceptable for a professional football player to go home after training every day without staying back to practise a basic skill such as crossing which it is clear he does not have the ability to do.

It's not difficult Jose. Practise it. And that goes for the rest of the first team too. There are plenty deficiencies in there. Get working on improving them.

I for the life of me cannot work out why Chesney hasn't been given more of the set pieces to take, the corners he whipped in second half against kille were as good as I've seen this season! As for MS what really annoys me is that he will run 30-40 yards after a lost cause or to take a set piece yet when an opponent gets a yard past him he stops dead. Also noticed his habit of jogging away from where the ball is about to go! Hopefully once frail gets the second striker he's after we can see HMFC play 442 and MS will be 4th choice CM behind Ruben, Eggert & Larry !

Guest JamboRobbo
I for the life of me cannot work out why Chesney hasn't been given more of the set pieces to take, the corners he whipped in second half against kille were as good as I've seen this season!

Exactly. It was clear that Chesney is 10 times the set piece take Stewart will ever be. Yet Frail had Stewart on free kicks and corners last night.

Utter incompetence.

Yes I agree, he was rank rotten last .........but he surely hasn't become Tom Kite in just two months

What Stewart probably needs is just to be taken aside by a proper manager ..........one who has dropped bigger and better players in the past and then to be left out the side for a good few weeks to regain his 'taste' for it.

Problem is we have nobody else resembling a MF player currently fit ( or even on the books at this time perhaps ) so he's just getting more and more frustrated. He probably did feel like he was 'the' man prior to Ruben and Eggy showing up in the midfield but that is surely where good man management comes to the fore ?

However I'm disappointed to read people saying he was "no better the 1st time" when he was clearly plagued by a groin injury ( and that's a b**** to get rid of as all you ex. players will know :rolleyes: ) and while playing in a Hearts team playing 'goalie - goalie' with the ba' too.

He went on to have a good season with the Hobos once he was injury free ( playing passing football ) and I hope he will regain that drive once we get some proven ability and stability amongst the Managerial and coaching ranks !!

Yes I agree, he was rank rotten last .........but he surely hasn't become Tom Kite in just two months

What Stewart probably needs is just to be taken aside by a proper manager ..........one who has dropped bigger and better players in the past and then to be left out the side for a good few weeks to regain his 'taste' for it.

Problem is we have nobody else resembling a MF player currently fit ( or even on the books at this time perhaps ) so he's just getting more and more frustrated. He probably did feel like he was 'the' man prior to Ruben and Eggy showing up in the midfield but that is surely where good man management comes to the fore ?

However I'm disappointed to read people saying he was "no better the 1st time" when he was clearly plagued by a groin injury ( and that's a b**** to get rid of as all you ex. players will know :rolleyes: ) and while playing in a Hearts team playing 'goalie - goalie' with the ba' too.

He went on to have a good season with the Hobos once he was injury free ( playing passing football ) and I hope he will regain that drive once we get some proven ability and stability amongst the Managerial and coaching ranks !!

I think that might have been more about Brown and Thomson than Stewart to be honest.

Have said it before and will say it again if it is good enough for the worlds best exponents of dead balls (Beckam, Ronaldo etc) to stay behind and practice after training then the diddies at our club should be on the training ground till nightfall until they improve!!!

Correct, I assumed that our dead ball takers would put in extra practice anyway.

You think though that after doing it (hitting the first man or finding the goalkeeper) once then the player would learn to put in a different sort of ball next time. How difficult can it be to keep the ball away from the goalkeeper?

Stewart was just woefull last night, all he does is run around like a headless chicken trying to close down players but on the attack he offers nothing, doesnt run with the ball, loses possesion with stupid flicks or trys the world cup pass which inevitably fails. With Eggert and Ruben more holding players the onus falls on Stewart to be the creator but time and time again he fails. As for taking ALL free kicks and corners, well its just not on! Thank God when the African Cups over and we get a genuine box to box creative midfield player back. I'dd drop Stewart, Miko(why was he left on and Chesney subbed), Jose and Robbie and bring in Wallace and blood some U19's, they cant be any worse than the rubbish I witnessed last night.

Archived