US Elections 2016

JamboX2

I'd like to know what Perry makes of all this?

If you go to the half way line at Tynie now you will see him. He lives there.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• niblick1874

• alwaysthereinspirit

• Maple Leaf

Space Mackerel

That's probably a prime example of why trump got elected - the establishment passing judgement in smug condescending sound bites for the benefit of the progessives. And wee nicola loves to play that game.

Oor Nicola is ripping up the UK establishment just like Mr Trump :)

Nice try though.

Placid Casual

Gutted. I take it as a compliment that you know my posts. I have never even noticed your name before.

Justin is American. So even more likely to be incredulous to your moronic posts on this subject.

Justin is American. So even more likely to be incredulous to your moronic posts on this subject.

Moronic? Hmmm not so sure there. I think I am holding my own as per usual.

Placid Casual

"Holding my own as per usual."

Aye, that sounds about right...

"Holding my own as per usual."

Aye, that sounds about right...

A moron compares Adolf Hitler to Donald Trump. A moron does not understand racism and a moron believes any old story posted on social media.

I did and do none of the above.

Space Mackerel

I hope you're not some sort of botnet sent here by the Conservative Party or their wee pals in the financial industry :lol:

I hope you're not some sort of botnet sent here by the Conservative Party or their wee pals in the financial industry :lol:

Shhhhhhhh you will blow my cover.

Space Mackerel

Shhhhhhhh you will blow my cover.

Rumours I read that Trump had 400,000 botnets out and about whilst running for President.

Propaganda you say?

Rumours I read that Trump had 400,000 botnets out and about whilst running for President.

Propaganda you say?

Wonder if it is them that call me twice a day wanting to discuss a claim on my ****ing car insurance I never actually made. Gits. Edited by i8hibsh

Space Mackerel

Wonder if it is them that call me twice a day wanting to discuss a claim on my ******* car insurance I never actually made. Gits.

Nah, it's just the right wing capitalist money orientated system that you endorse on here at work. Nowt to worry about.

Nah, it's just the right wing capitalist money orientated system that you endorse on here at work. Nowt to worry about.

Tell me SM is being right wing and a capitalist a criminal act?

Space Mackerel

Tell me SM is being right wing and a capitalist a criminal act?

Well I run my own business so lock me up then.

You're just a daft wee laddie who posts a lot of right wing shite on here. You'll grow up though I hope.

You're just a daft wee laddie who posts a lot of right wing shite on here. You'll grow up though I hope.

Sorry, I never realised this was reserved for left wing views only. Let me guess am I a racist? A bigot? And I am not a wee laddie in age or size.

Edited by i8hibsh

Space Mackerel

Sorry, I never realised this was reserved for left wing views only. Let me guess am I a racist? A bigot? And I am not a wee laddie in age or size.

I don't think you're a racist or a bigot. You just like posting for effect.

Trapper John McIntyre

What's your excuse for posting total shite on here ad nauseum?

Space Mackerel

What's your excuse for posting total shite on here ad nauseum?

An hour or so to go till the first Scotsman story goes live online, bet you cannae wait :lol:

Keep posting, I'll keep calling you out.

You never really do though. You just call me out on being right wing. Is that even meant to be an insult?

Space Mackerel

You never really do though. You just call me out on being right wing. Is that even meant to be an insult?

Plenty people have called you out before, most have you ignore I suppose now. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Francis Albert

Even with the shock of Trump's victory, you can still rely on the Scottish press to be preoccupied with our own little demagogue.

Can someone please tell oor Nicky that she's hardly a priority at the moment for The Donald.

http://www.scotsman.com/

Jeez. Nicola is "prepared to meet" the President of the United States. Despite not approving of him. Does she live in the real world? How big a favour does she think she is doing?

Jeez. Nicola is "prepared to meet" the President of the United States. Despite not approving of him. Does she live in the real world? How big a favour does she think she is doing?

You can bet that is one female (seemingly) that he will not want to shag.

Space Mackerel

His maw came from the Western Isles doncha know in the 30's. Trump "feels" Scottish last time he visited Lewis.

Win win.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Mind that time that O'Neill claimed Webster elbowed himself in the face? Same reaction to some of the posts about the increase in racist incidents.

Trey Gowdy for AG. Brilliant appointment!

Talk about cat amongst the pigeons. You are spot on, brilliant appointment. The worm has turned and the boot is on the other foot. He will take great pleasure in going after them after what they did and he knows who they are, what they have done and how they were able to get away with it, not to mention their enablers. It may well be that Trump is for real. This is the move I have been waiting for and it is the right one as apposed to more of the same. Best news I have had threw out this whole thing. Absolutely delighted.

Maybe people should go look at the implications of this. This is a game changer and is a blow to those that thought they could quietly slip away. Cut them off the pass.

I was tempted to not reply to your post to see if anyone realized what this means but **** them, I could not resist.

Unbe*******lievable    :yas:

Edited by niblick1874

jack D and coke

A girl in my workplace equated Trump's victory with the rise of Hitler. Picking on minorities, promising work, autobahn's, etc. All based on her watching the 'Rise of Hitler' on the History channel...

After the initial, shock, as I certainly didn't want him to win and I suppose like most people saw Hilary as the lesser of two evils, I'm willing now to give him a chance for quite frankly, what else can anyone do but that?

The handringing has to end. The 'I hate Trump more than you coz I want to look good and Liberal' along with rioting in the streets, while understandable, solves nothing.

If the Left want to do something about Trump and Brexit in Britain, it has to sort itself out and not look to equally extremist nutters like Sanders and Corbyn for answers. We all, whether we like it or not, will have to ride out the current wave blowing though the Western world and hope to come up with some alternative middle ground acceptable to all once it passes over (and it will pass over).

Don't blame Trump and Farage. They've just reeped the whirlwind of discontent and anger amongst millions of citizens the Left for all its pretensions of looking after the little people, have ignored.

What a good post mate. Couldn't agree more.

Francis Albert

His maw came from the Western Isles doncha know in the 30's. Trump "feels" Scottish last time he visited Lewis.

Win win.

Yes I know. The Isle of Lewis to be precise.

But I have no idea what your "win win" means.

jack D and coke

I imagine more people voted for Clinton because she was a woman than didn't. Trump won as he fits the feeling of the world right now. Clinton was much of a muchness. I don't think people are really grasping how pissed off people are right now about Islamisation, political correctness, social justice warriors and the entire progressive left. It is so in your face as they are literally bulldozing their way into all our lives.

:spoton:

Yep, and it should be noted that it took just one WikiLeaks Email to put it all into perspective for her. She figured it out using common sense and looking at all that is out there. Meanwhile, on here, the earth is still flat. Go look people, it's not pretty but it is the truth. It's time to be brave and admit you did not know and fell for it, The truth is liberating and will set you free.

Edited by niblick1874

But I trust the United States and don?t buy the political hyperbole ? agenda-driven identity politics of its own ? that demonized Trump and his supporters.

Now fair play if she can see the bigger picture and doesn't trust Clinton but that is just nonsense. He did that by himself.

Now fair play if she can see the bigger picture and doesn't trust Clinton but that is just nonsense. He did that by himself.

Yes he did, but that does not detract from the big picture, which is what is going on

Edited by niblick1874

He is not a politician. People should think about what that means to those they are talking to about this. Only someone that was not under there thumb would count to them. This is a ridiculous for them but here we are. For me, **** knows, but fingers crossed because that's all there is. He is saying that he want's to drain the swamp, I will be watching and the first sing of him looking like he is at it I will be all over it. Watch me.

ToadKiller Dog

Clinton won the popular vote plus only around 50% of voters tend to vote .

It's more a case of democrat arrogance that lost the election .

I wouldn't be shocked to see attempts to impeach Trump already being worked on ,plus his other serious charges ,he might not make the white house .

Putting the mad religious nut job Pence into office .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

Y'all need to settle down and accept the reality of a Trump presidency,

Hillary is now completely spent as a political force, let's move on from that, she's no longer relevant.

We have at least 4 years of Trump. He might do something stupid enough to get impeached in that time, but he probably won't. The Supreme Court is tied and needs a tie breaker, Obama might get that done but probably won't, so Trump will do that.

He'll have Congress in name, but they'll demand more of him that he will of them. Here's where it gets weird. Trump will probably be far more liberal than your typical Republican politician. The silver lining to electing a orange maniac is that he'll probably temper the "Tea Party" nutters in favour of some of his crazier, unrealistic stances on immigration, ISIS, trade etc.

So the net result could be that Trump prevents the Republican Party leadership's control of the legislative and judicial branches from allowing them to enact their more extreme social policies and positions on healthcare, entitlement reform, gay rights, womens reproductive rights, affirmative action etc in favour of building a wall and extreme vetting of immigrants. And maybe pussy grabbing, who knows.

Note: I'm not advocating this effect as a positive, I'm just suggesting it as a possibility.

There's something very Ministry of Love about these goons screaming 'love trumps hate' whilst they burn effigies, block highways and now riot. Self entitled shower-elergic tossers who are convinced they are righteous victims by their campus indoctrination camps.

Mind that time that O'Neill claimed Webster elbowed himself in the face? Same reaction to some of the posts about the increase in racist incidents.

That's a good analogy.  That said, we need to mindful that some of these accounts are going to be bullshit--that's true for both sides.  For credibility's sake, revisiting and reposting those that do turn out to be false is worth it for credibility's sake.

Louisiana student 'fabricated' story of hijab attack, police say

I see "Not my President" is this week's slogan for the world's malcontents. Give it a week and they will have found some other injustice to nuisance up. Most probably seperate toilets for transgenders or something.

I imagine more people voted for Clinton because she was a woman than didn't.  Trump won as he fits the feeling of the world right now.  Clinton was much of a muchness.  I don't think people are really grasping how pissed off people are right now about Islamisation, political correctness, social justice warriors and the entire progressive left.  It is so in your face as they are literally bulldozing their way into all our lives.

Trump won because he appears to offer change.  Not neccessarily that his policies are in step with the zeitgeist, but just that they offer change.

Yes, people are pissed off, but had Bernie Sanders won the Democratic ticket, he may well have won.  Obviously we will never know, but had he, that kind of negates your last two sentences.

And to show Clinton as some how progressive or PC.  Ha!  

So, as I said earlier, will be interesting to see how much The Donald actually delivers of his vague promises.  He isn't going to redistribute wealth or change the economic system, far from it.  He's as much of an apologist for the type of capitalism that we have now as Clinton.

A girl in my workplace equated Trump's victory with the rise of Hitler. Picking on minorities, promising work, autobahn's, etc. All based on her watching the 'Rise of Hitler' on the History channel...

After the initial, shock, as I certainly didn't want him to win and I suppose like most people saw Hilary as the lesser of two evils, I'm willing now to give him a chance for quite frankly, what else can anyone do but that?

The handringing has to end. The 'I hate Trump more than you coz I want to look good and Liberal' along with rioting in the streets, while understandable, solves nothing.

If the Left want to do something about Trump and Brexit in Britain, it has to sort itself out and not look to equally extremist nutters like Sanders and Corbyn for answers. We all, whether we like it or not, will have to ride out the current wave blowing though the Western world and hope to come up with some alternative middle ground acceptable to all once it passes over (and it will pass over).

Don't blame Trump and Farage. They've just reeped the whirlwind of discontent and anger amongst millions of citizens the Left for all its pretensions of looking after the little people, have ignored.

Totally agree with the first half of your post.

Not so sure about your second.  Your use of "the Left" seems rather loose.  You really think the Democrats are Left?  You really think that the economic and social polices over the last 40 years are the work of "the Left"?

The fact you refer to Sanders and Corbyn as "extremist nutters" shows how little the "middle ground" knows.  This is exactly why Clinton got beat!  The "middle" has shifted to the right, hence the perpetuation of the neoliberal globalist agenda.  That is the thing that has to change and centrists are not going to do that.  This is what allows demagogues to enthuse an alienated electorate.

"the Left" isn't to blame as the Left hasn't been in power and hasn't had the opportunity to help these millions of citizens and "little people".