American revolution.(Gun control)

aussieh

NewYorkJambo

Here bud, anyone who thinks their right to bear arms, is more important than saving lives is a nutter and Uncle Sam has 360 million.

But that's alright, because you know and i know, who the victims of guns are.

Here we go again. Sweeping statement about all 360 million when it's already been said that 90% back stricter gun control. Have you read the other posts on the thread?

Guns are a huge issue for the US for reasons already stated on this thread. Of course there are "nutters" in th US but if you think there are 360 million of them then you need your head examined too.

And who do you think th victims of guns are, exactly?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aussieh

• Rab

• NewYorkJambo

• michael_bolton

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here we go again. Sweeping statement about all 360 million when it's already been said that 90% back stricter gun control. Have you read the other posts on the thread?

Guns are a huge issue for the US for reasons already stated on this thread. Of course there are "nutters" in th US but if you think there are 360 million of them then you need your head examined too.

And who do you think th victims of guns are, exactly?

Well its not white folk is it.

No. Rightly or wrongly you can try and draw a conclusion on the poster but not a country of 360 million

Chill, we are all generalising based on what we see/read and you are entitled to defend the USA.

But when a (seemingly) level-headed guy believes the best way to defend his family - even though there is no obvious threat? - is by carrying a gun into a packed cinema, and is prepared to get involved in a gunfight if it kicks off, then that is sobering to say the least.

NewYorkJambo

Well its not white folk is it.

It must be nice to live in a world where everything is so black and white (pun intended). Where all Americans are mad and everyone impacted by guns is black.

While it's true the majority of gun deaths are black, look at Sandy Hook, San Bernadino or the movie theater shooting. Majority of victims were white and Hispanic. People of all races are impacted.

I think you need to do some reading on the subject or watch a documentary or two. I'm not trying to be condescending but you don't seem to be particularly educated on the topic. I get that, by the way, it's a foreign country after all.

NewYorkJambo

Chill, we are all generalising based on what we see/read and you are entitled to defend the USA.

But when a (seemingly) level-headed guy believes the best way to defend his family - even though there is no obvious threat? - is by carrying a gun into a packed cinema, and is prepared to get involved in a gunfight if it kicks off, then that is sobering to say the least.

I'm actually very chill. Frustrated by the lack of gun control in the US but I understand the reasons why.

I don't agree with the poster who applied for concealed carry by the way. I'm sure he's a responsible law abiding citizen but it's not for me. But neither his nor my stances can be said to represent the entire country which some are trying to do.

It must be nice to live in a world where everything is so black and white (pun intended). Where all Americans are mad and everyone impacted by guns is black.

While it's true the majority of gun deaths are black, look at Sandy Hook, San Bernadino or the movie theater shooting. Majority of victims were white and Hispanic. People of all races are impacted.

I think you need to do some reading on the subject or watch a documentary or two. I'm not trying to be condescending but you don't seem to be particularly educated on the topic. I get that, by the way, it's a foreign country after all.

nearly 500 young black men were killed by cops alone.

NewYorkJambo

nearly 500 young black men were killed by cops alone.

Ok, that's a completely different debate. And I'm sure there is another thread on that. This is about gun control for citizens which is what Obama's executive action today will discuss.

I think you're clutching at straws now...

Ok, that's a completely different debate. And I'm sure there is another thread on that. This is about gun control for citizens which is what Obama's executive action today will discuss.

12000 shot dead and 24500 injured.

Total Madness.

michael_bolton

I've only visited the USA once on holiday and it was ages ago, so I'm no expert.

But the idea of living in a country where you can be in a shop buying a sandwich fully aware that any nutcase next to you might be legally carrying a gun just sounds utter pish.

And it's not just an irrational worry, either. People do get shot. Lots of them. Not for me.

OK, educate me, I'm all ears bud.

I agree the 2nd amendment needs amending but then there is no simple solution.

How do you get 270m-310m guns (appreciate the figure varies as its not tracked)out of the hands of your own citizens ?

If we are saying tighter gun control ? how does that look when someone here posted that he bought a gun, had a few hours training and a chat with the sheriff and now walks around the Odean waiting to be Dirty Harry and this is one of the tighter states ?

Full interviewing and profiling whenever someone wants to buy a gun is a start, a review each 6months or 12months and suitable storage of a firearm but that is going to be hard to implement as the US isnt used to that scrutiny of its people and will take alot of man power. Again that is all very well for new gun owners but not when 1/3 of the population is armed (conservative estimate) unless you try and over time reassess those that have firearms but then what happens if they have moved etc....

Its a massive problem, incidents of mass killings are on the increase which is concerning enough but people forget as much accidental killing of family members happens each year due to poor gun control and is not as openly discussed unfortunately kids. I would imagine more kids die from this than the total of mass shooting deaths each year.

It was more than just him, he was the spokesman, a friggin lawman talking about civil war. Ffs

A lawman who's job is to uphold the law witch includes the second amendment.

They swear an oath to uphold the constitution and the second amendment is part of the constitution. Some police couldn't give a flying about the oath they take but a lot do and this one not only believes he has to uphold the law as it stands, but is also stating the obvious about the shit hitting the fan.

He is not the only one in his position to come out with warnings like this. As has been stated, a lot of Americans see this and other governments that have gone before as corrupt and that the second amendment is there to protect them from governments such as those. The whole idea of the enemy, and that is what they see them as, trying to take away there guns will result in the shit hitting the fan. Your post might have meant something if he was advocating civil war but he wasn't.  

One small mercy is you're not in America.

It's called an amendment, it can be amended.

Slavery? Etc... Amended.

And nibs its 2016 not 1787. They can vote them oot.

I point out that nothing he came out with there had anything to do with what I had said and let him know why I thought he had answered in the way he did.

Read my post again. I said, as it stands. Where did I say it could not be amended and what does that have to do with my post? What has 1787 got to do with my post? What has voting them out got to do with my post? Another shocker of a post by you that has nothing to do with the post you quoted  and everything to do with diverting from your nonsensical post that I pulled you up for. 

and his answers to my questions are

It was about news report I saw, but as usual you know best and bleat about government dark forces. You are dangerous. You're the sort Obama's trying to deal with, a militia madman, thank God you're not an American Citizen.

Here we have someone ignoring what has been said because they know it does not look good on them and does not fit in with their agenda. In an attempt to distract from this, he throws insults and innuendos back that have nothing to do with what has been said. Dangerous militia madman, dearie me.    

Craig Gordons Gloves

The advert below these posts is for a free duffell bag if you join the NRA.

i really can't be arsed with a long post about this, but until i moved to the US i probably had the same perception of Americans and America as some posters on here.  "Its a mad place, the people are all fat/gun nuts/thick" (delete as applicable).  What i've found is that it's a great place, it's home to 360m people with a huge mix of cultures.  Due to that, the proportion of people that are at different ends of the spectrum when it comes to social/political issues are probably the same as most other countries but there are more of them.  It's also the country that is reported about the most in the world (at a guess) so you hear the extreme views even more.  

Yes - i believe that the gun issue is something that needs to be 'solved'. I don't like the fact that people can buy guns without background checks, extensive training etc No, it doesn't cross my mind that the person in line next to me for a ham piece might have a gun and no, it doesn't worry me greatly.  It saddens me that my 5 and 6 year old have to  do active shooter drills at school, but in the grander scheme of things, i'm more concerned about the local school district closing down their school than i am about a shooter. 

I point out that nothing he came out with there had anything to do with what I had said and let him know why I thought he had answered in the way he did.

Here we have someone ignoring what has been said because they know it does not look good on them and does not fit in with their agenda. In an attempt to distract from this, he throws insults and innuendos back that have nothing to do with what has been said. Dangerous militia madman, dearie me.

I don't usual cross threads nibs, but seeing you did it to me recently.

I'm holding your opinions on CT thread against you, and on that your nuttier than than a fruitcake.

Here we have someone ignoring what has been said because they know it does not look good on them and does not fit in with their agenda. In an attempt to distract from this, he throws insults and innuendos back that have nothing to do with what has been said. Dangerous militia madman, dearie me.

Agenda, I don't have an agenda, I just think guns should be banned in America, simple, yes cops uphold the law, but Presidents are the commander and chief the Numero ono American, they have a right to decide.

How many future President came up with the constitution Nibs.

Why do think The Public should have guns?.

And what chance do you think they would have, if they did revolt, Drones would finish it in an instance.

They could send one to the Niblick bar.

New phone keeps changing words when I type. Pain in the arse.

Edited by aussieh

I don't usual cross threads nibs, but seeing that you did it to me recently.

I'm holding your opinions on the CT thread against you, and on that you're nuttier than a fruitcake.

Boston Jambo

Can you legally carry a gun into a cinema, and how can anyone take a church meeting seriously when folk are sitting there with guns?

Yes, you can take a concealed gun pretty much anywhere, Post Offices and hospitals are off limits, but nobody is checking.

Handgun laws are very vague, even law enforcement officer are not  in agreement on them.

As for a church meeting, what I was referring to was the mass shooting in the church in Carolina, was the fact that the shooter

had time to stop and reload then continue shooting. A trained, law abiding citizen with a weapon could end the situation right there.

I never wanted to own a gun neither, at least not until I took a quick handgun course and found it really enjoyable.

I filled out a few forms and six weeks later I've got a Concealed Carry Permit for the State of Massachusetts.

I got a ten minute sit down with the town chief of police, who gave me a few do's and dont's that go with gun ownership.

Next day I went out and brought my first handgun home, suddenly I realized that I'd forgotten everything I'd learned in class.

So there I was, licensed and loaded without a clue.  All this in Mass, supposedly one of the states with the most restrictive hand gun laws in the nation.

Total cost including ammo was around $ 500.

Being a sensible guy I've since taken more than forty hours of training and learned the laws regarding gun ownership.

The scary thing is none of this training was required, most people don't bother.

Now I carry everywhere that I legally can.

The missus doesn't like it at all, but should any nut job start shooting up the cinema or school or church meeting ( fat chance)

that we are at I'm sure she'll change her mind.

I'm not sure of the statistics, but I think that the gun you just bought for protection is more likely to be used to settle a domestic argument, or for a family member to end his/her own life.

Agenda, I don't have an agenda, I just think guns should be banned in America, simple, yes cops uphold the law, but Presidents are the commander and chief the Numero ono American, they have a right to decide.

How many future President came up with the constitution Nibs.

Why do think The Public should have guns?.

And what chance do you think they would have, if they did revolt, Drones would finish it in an instance.

They could send one to the Niblick bar.

New phone keeps changing words when I type. Pain in the arse.

Holy smokes. Apart from everything else (which has nothing to do with anything I have said), why would you be telling me that they could send a drone to a pub that I might drink in? And you call me a dangerous madman.

Holy smokes. Apart from everything else (which has nothing to do with anything I have said), why would you be telling me that they could send a drone to a pub that I might drink in? And you call me a dangerous madman.

Do you take everything to heart.

Boston Jambo

I take it you're aware a civilian has never stopped a mass shooting with a gun of their own? You'd probably just end up killing other innocents, statistically.

That might be true, but if you read the reports from some of these mass shootings one word keeps jumping out, REALOADED!

The gunman stopped and reloaded!

That means people, if they couldn't flee had to sit there, or hide whilst shitting themselves awaiting their fate.

An armed citizen, like myself, might not be able to react fast enough to prevent any deaths but unless the shooter is highly trained it takes a good 

10 to 15 seconds for him to reload. That's when the responsible citizen could take action hopefully ending the situation.

Odds of ever finding myself in that kind of situation are pretty low, but until all the nut jobs and bad guys hand in theirs I'm keeping mine.

I believe this is possibly to do with the Jim Jeffries video doing the rounds on here (the comedian not the manager) as there has been a few quotes on this thread of his set.

I would like to say that I think the amount of gun crime in USA is awful and it seems to be just a fact of life sadly, So I Would ask those who have been on this thread defending the right to bare arms to answer two simple questions.

1) If a law stated you had to give up your right to bare arms came to fruition would you do so willingly?

2) I know around 5 gun owners from USA and they are very proud of the fact they bought AR15's, there was some proposed legislation about three years ago which erupted panic buying in the US.

So would you make these types of weapons illegal? if so what effect do you think that would have, if any?

I believe many people are incorrect in thinking an AR15 is a fully automatic assault rifle - I believe all full autos are outlawed in the US except for use with the military.

For what it's worth I am fully behind the JJ comedy sketch as he raises some fantastic points.

fabienleclerq

Colleague at work is American and mentioned in South Dakota they are arming teachers to prevent shootings.

The White Cockade

That might be true, but if you read the reports from some of these mass shootings one word keeps jumping out, REALOADED!

The gunman stopped and reloaded!

That means people, if they couldn't flee had to sit there, or hide whilst shitting themselves awaiting their fate.

An armed citizen, like myself, might not be able to react fast enough to prevent any deaths but unless the shooter is highly trained it takes a good 

10 to 15 seconds for him to reload. That's when the responsible citizen could take action hopefully ending the situation.

Odds of ever finding myself in that kind of situation are pretty low, but until all the nut jobs and bad guys hand in theirs I'm keeping mine.

most of these mass shootings are carried out by nutters with legal guns

if they didn't have the guns in the first place....

Part of the frustration I think US-based JKBers feel with these threads is that I think almost all of us agree with the majority JKB opinion that guns are bad and the US has a problem that it has completely failed to find a solution for.

But posts like "is America a nuthouse?", "does the guy next to me at Subway have a gun?", "if the bad guys didn't have guns, the good guys wouldn't need them" etc are not contributing to the debate at all.

Like NYJ said above, I'm interested to see what the President does with his Executive power. Working through Congress has clearly failed. The vast majority of Americans want tighter gun controls, so far the government has failed to provide them. Right now it's likely to tarnish Obama's legacy, which I'm sure is part of his motivation.

michael_bolton

But posts like "is America a nuthouse?", "does the guy next to me at Subway have a gun?", "if the bad guys didn't have guns, the good guys wouldn't need them" etc are not contributing to the debate at all.

You have to understand that for those of us who have never lived in America these are perfectly valid and normal ways to think.

To outsiders, the way they treat guns in America is absolutely insane and does make the country seem like a nuthouse. We don't live there. We just keep seeing stories on tv about loads of people getting shot while politicians fall over themselves to make sure nothing is done about it. That's mental.

The prospect of being in Subway next to a guy with a gun is unsettling in the extreme. Or the post office. Or a street. One of my mates used to live in Buffalo and said what scared him at the pub was the knowledge that every car in the car park had a gun in it and if something kicked off it would be easy for it to escalate as everyone knew where they could get a gun. Maybe if you live there you get used to these concepts, but for those of us who don't, it is absolutely bananas.

While you seem frustrated at our simplistic outsiders' view on the situation, you don't seem to grasp just how messed up the situation looks to an outsider.

michael_bolton

Views on stricter gun control in America. Doesn't seem like overwhelming support for stricter control to me. Supporting 'gun control' is not the same as supporting 'stricter gun control'.

http://www.pollingreport.com/guns.htm

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1645/guns.aspx

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/21/politics/gun-control-poll-americans/

In a country with the gun death problem the USA has, this is quite remarkable. Many of them seem cool with it.

You have to understand that for those of us who have never lived in America these are perfectly valid and normal ways to think.

To outsiders, the way they treat guns in America is absolutely insane and does make the country seem like a nuthouse. We don't live there. We just keep seeing stories on tv about loads of people getting shot while politicians fall over themselves to make sure nothing is done about it. That's mental.

The prospect of being in Subway next to a guy with a gun is unsettling in the extreme. Or the post office. Or a street. One of my mates used to live in Buffalo and said what scared him at the pub was the knowledge that every car in the car park had a gun in it and if something kicked off it would be easy for it to escalate as everyone knew where they could get a gun. Maybe if you live there you get used to these concepts, but for those of us who don't, it is absolutely bananas.

While you seem frustrated at our simplistic outsiders' view on the situation, you don't seem to grasp just how messed up the situation looks to an outsider.

That's kinda like saying it's ok for outsiders to think of Scotland as a nation where everyone is eating deep fried pizzas every night because of the obesity and heart disease issues. Or that we're all religious extremists because a bunch of pricks march around the west with flutes every summer.

And I bet there's many a Subway in Scotland where you'd be standing next to someone with a knife in their pocket.

There's no excuse for being ignorant. If you're going to pass comment on a situation, you should spend some time researching beyond the sensationalist headlines before you do so.

Stephen Muddie

The right to bear arms was not to bear them against fellow citizens who are out their nut on meth, but to protect themselves and their families from tyrannical rule. That remains the motivation behind the movement for the upholding of that right. Like it or lump it.

Go cry somewhere else if you're heavily invested in this bullshit.

Views on stricter gun control in America. Doesn't seem like overwhelming support for stricter control to me. Supporting 'gun control' is not the same as supporting 'stricter gun control'.

http://www.pollingreport.com/guns.htm

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1645/guns.aspx

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/21/politics/gun-control-poll-americans/

In a country with the gun death problem the USA has, this is quite remarkable. Many of them seem cool with it.

Polls are terrible things, especially when it comes to gun control. What do you think a poll on stricter gun controls looks like the day after Sandy Hook versus the day before it? When the poll is taken in New England vs the whole country? etc etc

But they're all we have to gauge public opinion by, so here's some that show greater support for stricter gun control:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/186236/americans-desire-stricter-gun-laws-sharply.aspx

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-says-hell-offer-plans-to-stem-gun-violence-this-week/2013/01/14/b7ad8ea8-5e6c-11e2-90a0-73c8343c6d61_story.html

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/10/most-americans-now-support-stricter-gun-control-laws

The right to bear arms was not to bear them against fellow citizens who are out their nut on meth

Because that's what we're talking about.

michael_bolton

That's kinda like saying it's ok for outsiders to think of Scotland as a nation where everyone is eating deep fried pizzas every night because of the obesity and heart disease issues. Or that we're all religious extremists because a bunch of pricks march around the west with flutes every summer.

And I bet there's many a Subway in Scotland where you'd be standing next to someone with a knife in their pocket.

There's no excuse for being ignorant. If you're going to pass comment on a situation, you should spend some time researching beyond the sensationalist headlines before you do so.

No. Those things are not comparable at all. No Scottish politicians or citizen movements campaign vigorously against healthy eating. I'd imagine more than 50% of our population would like people to eat more healthily.

As for knives, there have been various drives over the years to cut knife possession. Amnesties etc. Completely different to America's refusal to do anything to protect its people from guns. Again, a poor comparison.

The one area you're right about  is that if people comment on Scots as a people with a poor health record, then we can't really complain. It's true. The difference is that while people in Scotland actively try to do something about it, America has no such drive to deal with its own threat to public health. And as much as its fair to say we have a problem with fried food, America has a problem with killing each other. We don't have widespread opposition to fixing our problem.

Stephen Muddie

Oh here we go. I was being a parody of the average Brit mentality that the USA is a nuthouse of crack and meth addicts. Maybe corporate america is like that, sure.

No. Those things are not comparable at all. No Scottish politicians or citizen movements campaign vigorously against healthy eating. I'd imagine more than 50% of our population would like people to eat more healthily.

As for knives, there have been various drives over the years to cut knife possession. Amnesties etc. Completely different to America's refusal to do anything to protect its people from guns. Again, a poor comparison.

The one area you're right about  is that if people comment on Scots as a people with a poor health record, then we can't really complain. It's true. The difference is that while people in Scotland actively try to do something about it, America has no such drive to deal with its own threat to public health. And as much as its fair to say we have a problem with fried food, America has a problem with killing each other. We don't have widespread opposition to fixing our problem.

I think this is where our perspectives differ. I see widespread opposition to the gun problem every day. Facebook is full of it. Everytime a shooting happens everyone at work talks about how to address it. A while ago this area had to deal with 2 nutters sneaking about with a sniper rifle, ask anyone here if you should be allowed a scoped weapon.

And I see the President and a large part of the political establishment consistently calling for tighter gun laws. So far, they haven't been successful, but it's a stark contrast to what looks to you to be a 'refusal to do anything to protect its people from guns'.

In fact, Obama just announced a more or less unilateral decision to increase background checks. Not going to solve the problem by itself, but more evidence that most Americans want a solution.

Edited by Rab

Stephen Muddie

Wait, if you were talking about Scotland that was off-topic. Was america - namely Second Amendment - not what I was meant to be talking about mate? Sorry if I have misread the thread content and title mate. :confused:

Edited by Stephen Muddie

NewYorkJambo

The one area you're right about is that if people comment on Scots as a people with a poor health record, then we can't really complain. It's true. The difference is that while people in Scotland actively try to do something about it, America has no such drive to deal with its own threat to public health. And as much as its fair to say we have a problem with fried food, America has a problem with killing each other. We don't have widespread opposition to fixing our problem.

You argue articulately but your points are flawed. Scotland most definitely does have an aversion to being healthy and you say they are trying to do something about it. Where? Also, where is "Americas lack of drive?". Dear oh dear

michael_bolton

You argue articulately but your points are flawed. Scotland most definitely does have an aversion to being healthy and you say they are trying to do something about it. Where? Also, where is "Americas lack of drive?". Dear oh dear

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/04/17/despite-lower-crime-rates-support-for-gun-rights-increases/

"For the first time, more Americans say that protecting gun rights is more important than controlling gun ownership, 52% to 46%."

I'm not dealing in conversations with friends or Facebook. But facts and figures. My arguments are not flawed. The figures back me up. Americans don't want change.

Edited by michael_bolton

:rofl:

Health lectures from the fattest country on Earth.

Good one.

Scotland's health and religious attitudes are a serious problem (probably THE most serious problems we have?) and form a large part of our image abroad I would expect (along with the more positive aspects of our people).

It's not fair for outsiders to think that, but nobody can blame them. And there are many people here who campaign vigorously against it but appear to stop short of a proper solution for fear of offending certain people.

You probably don;t see - or have forgotten - how mad the carrying of weapons is to us. When someone says they take a gun into a cinema in case someone else brings a gun and they can take him down then it is as alien a concept to us as gathering in the local town square to chant in our thousands and burn American flags.

Good one.

"Who you calling fat, Scotch?"*

fat-man-little-gun-500x375.jpeg

*Just a joke, resident Americans!

You probably don;t see - or have forgotten - how mad the carrying of weapons is to us. When someone says they take a gun into a cinema in case someone else brings a gun and they can take him down then it is as alien a concept to us as gathering in the local town square to chant in our thousands and burn American flags.

That wasn't my point. My point is that if you're coming from that perspective you should educate yourself a little on the debate going on internally in America rather than rush to simple stereotypes about all Americans being nutters.

Sawdust Caesar

"Who you calling fat, Scotch?"*

fat-man-little-gun-500x375.jpeg

*Just a joke, resident Americans!

I don't think he's going to fit in that fitting room.

That wasn't my point. My point is that if you're coming from that perspective you should educate yourself a little on the debate going on internally in America rather than rush to simple stereotypes about all Americans being nutters.

I'll admit I was generalising, although that was based more on the fact a seemingly normal guy in a place like Boston was talking about carrying a gun. If he had been posting from some backwater then I wouldn;t have noticed.

And you are all nutters, just in different and sometimes hilarious ways :2thumbsup:  

Craig Gordons Gloves

Good one.

I think you'll find that the fattest countries on earth are actually in the South Pacific, but you bash on with your stereotypes. :)

Rab makes a fair point as does Michael Bolton - as i said previously, before moving to the US i held the same stereotypes as most of us on this thread - Americans are fat/thick/gun toting mental cases who don't know anything about the world around them.  What's actually the case is that it's a vast complex culture, bearing in mind it's the size of Europe so you have varying opinions across the spectrum.  Most Americans don't like the idea of being killed, some of them want gun control, some of them want to 'protect' themselves with more guns.  I've had countless arguments about gun control and one thing that is clear is that the pro-gun/less control 'lobby' are far more organized and smart in their approach than the anti-gun/gun control.

I think you'll find that the fattest countries on earth are actually in the South Pacific, but you bash on with your stereotypes. :)

Rab makes a fair point as does Michael Bolton - as i said previously, before moving to the US i held the same stereotypes as most of us on this thread - Americans are fat/thick/gun toting mental cases who don't know anything about the world around them. What's actually the case is that it's a vast complex culture, bearing in mind it's the size of Europe so you have varying opinions across the spectrum. Most Americans don't like the idea of being killed, some of them want gun control, some of them want to 'protect' themselves with more guns. I've had countless arguments about gun control and one thing that is clear is that the pro-gun/less control 'lobby' are far more organized and smart in their approach than the anti-gun/gun control.

Russia,

Are they not in Europe?.