American revolution.(Gun control)

aussieh

After Obama threatens to bypass congress, one Texas top cop says, if the President tries to disarm America, he'll have a revolution on his hands.

(Texas, now have an open holster policy :facepalm:).

America, is it a nuthouse?.

Edited by aussieh

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aussieh

• Rab

• NewYorkJambo

• michael_bolton

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambof3tornado

They will never learn.

Its hard to be sympathetic when school shootings occur( although kids dying is of course tragic), but if they wanted change they could force it.

Nobody needs an AR15 for personal protection!!!

After Obama threatens to bypass congress, one Texas top cop says, if the President tries to disarm America, he'll have a revolution on his hands.

Yes. That Texas top cop speaks for everyone. In fact, he's top of my Christmas card list.

Craig Gordons Gloves

It's an open carry policy, which many states already have. It's not a nuthouse though, it's currently a very polarized country, those that believe Obama is at the root of all evil and those that believe he's not. Obama could turn round and say he was giving everyone a million bucks and the right would complain about it.

jamboinglasgow

the mad thing is the vast majority of americans support gun control. But its a very vocal minority who succeed in stopping it. So a few will claim revolution but nothing really happen if they brought in simple background checks and restrict high capacity magazines. Guns will still be available.

the mad thing is the vast majority of americans support gun control. But its a very vocal minority who succeed in stopping it. So a few will claim revolution but nothing really happen if they brought in simple background checks and restrict high capacity magazines. Guns will still be available.

What's the chances of this actually happening, government v the people, sounds very scary to me.

Yes. That Texas top cop speaks for everyone. In fact, he's top of my Christmas card list.

You don't need to defend 'your' country every time this comes up you know, it's ok to admit that you might have a wee bit of a problem

Edit: quite embarrassing really

Edited by MrRobbo10

jamboinglasgow

You don't need to defend 'your' country every time this comes up you know, it's ok to admit that you might have a wee bit of a problem

not really, he is just making the point that you cant take one person in America saying one thing to mean that all Americans believe that. 

Boston Jambo

Background checks are one thing, one of the biggest problems is that once people get a gun, which in some states,New Hampshire for one, requires nothing more than showing your driver's licence, they take no further training. That means there are a huge amount out there that have no idea as to how to handle a gun safely. More importantly they have no idea about the laws, the does and don'ts of carrying a weapon.

Curious as to what this is based on? Not saying it's incorrect but if it was true that a 'vast majority' supported gun control measures then I don't think Obama would be having such a struggle getting the ball rolling.

jamboinglasgow

Curious as to what this is based on? Not saying it's incorrect but if it was true that a 'vast majority' supported gun control measures then I don't think Obama would be having such a struggle getting the ball rolling.

Remember seeing it around the last big push for gun control, saw a few news reports that said support for gun control (or at least some gun control) supported by the vast a majority and based on numerous polls of the American public. Obama's problem is that there is a large amount of lobbying that takes place and particularly from the NRA. It has always made congress very uneasy to vote for gun control. Hence why Obama is now looking to do this through presidential order.

As soon as there's a sensible conversation to contribute to, I'll contribute sensibly :thumb:

As soon as there's a sensible conversation to contribute to, I'll contribute sensibly :thumb:

It was more than just him, he was the spokesman, a friggin lawman talking about civil war. Ffs

not really, he is just making the point that you cant take one person in America saying one thing to mean that all Americans believe that.

It's every thread man. Relentless. Bizarre

Remember seeing it around the last big push for gun control, saw a few news reports that said support for gun control (or at least some gun control) supported by the vast a majority and based on numerous polls of the American public. Obama's problem is that there is a large amount of lobbying that takes place and particularly from the NRA. It has always made congress very uneasy to vote for gun control. Hence why Obama is now looking to do this through presidential order.

Was gonna ask the same as moogsy. There already is "gun control", in that there are restrictions on the sale of guns (as laughable as they seem, at least in some states).

I have never ever had the desire to own a gun.

I find the whole concept of wanting or needing to own one rather sad and depressing really.

I find the whole concept of wanting or needing to own one rather sad and depressing really.

How long have you lived in the states for?

Boston Jambo

I never wanted to own a gun neither, at least not until I took a quick handgun course and found it really enjoyable.

I filled out a few forms and six weeks later I've got a Concealed Carry Permit for the State of Massachusetts.

I got a ten minute sit down with the town chief of police, who gave me a few do's and dont's that go with gun ownership.

Next day I went out and brought my first handgun home, suddenly I realized that I'd forgotten everything I'd learned in class.

So there I was, licensed and loaded without a clue.  All this in Mass, supposedly one of the states with the most restrictive hand gun laws in the nation.

Total cost including ammo was around $ 500.

Being a sensible guy I've since taken more than forty hours of training and learned the laws regarding gun ownership.

The scary thing is none of this training was required, most people don't bother.

Now I carry everywhere that I legally can.

The missus doesn't like it at all, but should any nut job start shooting up the cinema or school or church meeting ( fat chance)

that we are at I'm sure she'll change her mind.

NewYorkJambo

The US undoubtedly has an issue with guns. By what is embarrassing - in spite of your snide sarcastic comments - is people generalizing that a country is a "nuthouse" due to the comments of a minority. Unfortunately many of the people that post on Kickback about guns are completely ignorant of the facts. But then, I suppose that's Kickback on many issues and not just guns, to be fair.

Stephen Muddie

I think any body who doesn't think they need a gun in the United State must trust their government a little too much.

NewYorkJambo

A CNN documentary with Morgan Spurlock (google it) cited statistics that 90% of Americans support gun control. The problem lies with Republicans in Congress as the NRA has them in their pockets and they vote with the hugely influential NRA

Edited by NewYorkJambo

NewYorkJambo

I think any body who doesn't think they need a gun in the United State must trust their government a little too much.

I don't think I need a gun in the US. I've no idea what point you're trying to make, to be honest

Stephen Muddie

I don't think I need a gun in the US. I've no idea what point you're trying to make, to be honest

The original idea of the right to bear arms was to protect the citizen from militant governance. A large percentage of non-corporate america is very concerned by massive lies that have been exposed recently which have affected foreign policy and that of homeland security.

Stephen Muddie

cW2p8TV.gif

I don't understand what point you are attempting to make. Who is that girl she is quite bonny

A CNN documentary with Morgan Spurlock (google it) cited statistics that 90% of Americans support gun control. The problem lies with Republicans in Congress as the NRA has them in their pockets and they vote with the hugely influential NRA

But surely that means the problem is with corrupt politicians and big business promoting their own interests?

That doesn't fit at all with all America being a nuthouse.

Great country but they need to come to terms with the problem they have with guns. There doesn't seem to be much will to do that among much of those in power so it's hard to see that happening any time soon.

NewYorkJambo

But surely that means the problem is with corrupt politicians and big business promoting their own interests?

That doesn't fit at all with all America being a nuthouse.

There are so many anti-American threads on Kickback it's getting boring. Posters usually haven't lived here and have very little idea of what they are talking about. They seize on headlines, snippets of articles and crazy people's comments. Of course I'm not for a second suggesting there aren't problems, particularly with guns, but Kickbackers love to paint everything with the same brush!

NewYorkJambo

Great country but they need to come to terms with the problem they have with guns. There doesn't seem to be much will to do that among much of those in power so it's hard to see that happening any time soon.

I believe there is a will among the people. But corruption takes a long time to weed out. Just look at FIFA!

I'm very interested to see what executive action Obama announces tomorrow

Edited by NewYorkJambo

It was more than just him, he was the spokesman, a friggin lawman talking about civil war. Ffs

A lawman who's job is to uphold the law witch includes the second amendment.

They swear an oath to uphold the constitution and the second amendment is part of the constitution. Some police couldn't give a flying about the oath they take but a lot do and this one not only believes he has to uphold the law as it stands, but is also stating the obvious about the shit hitting the fan.

He is not the only one in his position to come out with warnings like this. As has been stated, a lot of Americans see this and other governments that have gone before as corrupt and that the second amendment is there to protect them from governments such as those. The whole idea of the enemy, and that is what they see them as, trying to take away there guns will result in the shit hitting the fan. Your post might have meant something if he was advocating civil war but he wasn't.  

A lawman who's job is to uphold the law witch includes the second amendment.

They swear an oath to uphold the constitution and the second amendment is part of the constitution. Some police couldn't give a flying about the oath they take but a lot do and this one not only believes he has to uphold the law as it stands, but is also stating the obvious about the shit hitting the fan.

He is not the only one in his position to come out with warnings like this. As has been stated, a lot of Americans see this and other governments that have gone before as corrupt and that the second amendment is there to protect them from governments such as those. The whole idea of the enemy, and that is what they see them as, trying to take away there guns will result in the shit hitting the fan. Your post might have meant something if he was advocating civil war but he wasn't.

One small mercy is you're not in America.

It's called an amendment, it can be amended.

Slavery? Etc... Amended.

And nibs its 2016 not 1787. They can vote them oot.

Edited by aussieh

One small mercy is you're not in America.

It's called an amendment, it can be amended.

Slavery? Etc... Amended.

And nibs its 2016 not 1787. They can vote them oot.

Read my post again. I said, as it stands. Where did I say it could not be amended and what does that have to do with my post? What has 1787 got to do with my post? What has voting them out got to do with my post? Another shocker of a post by you that has nothing to do with the post you quoted  and everything to do with diverting from your nonsensical post that I pulled you up for. 

:rofl:

So you are going to take down the government with your gun? Good luck with that.

There are so many anti-American threads on Kickback it's getting boring. Posters usually haven't lived here and have very little idea of what they are talking about. They seize on headlines, snippets of articles and crazy people's comments. Of course I'm not for a second suggesting there aren't problems, particularly with guns, but Kickbackers love to paint everything with the same brush!

Kind of like you just did there when you assumed all kickbackers do that?

I actually agree with the rest of your point by the way. 

The Real Maroonblood

I never wanted to own a gun neither, at least not until I took a quick handgun course and found it really enjoyable.

I filled out a few forms and six weeks later I've got a Concealed Carry Permit for the State of Massachusetts.

I got a ten minute sit down with the town chief of police, who gave me a few do's and dont's that go with gun ownership.

Next day I went out and brought my first handgun home, suddenly I realized that I'd forgotten everything I'd learned in class.

So there I was, licensed and loaded without a clue.  All this in Mass, supposedly one of the states with the most restrictive hand gun laws in the nation.

Being a sensible guy I've since taken more than forty hours of training and learned the laws regarding gun ownership.

The scary thing is none of this training was required, most people don't bother.

The missus doesn't like it at all, but should any nut job start shooting up the cinema or school or church meeting ( fat chance)

Sounds fun.

Read my post again. I said, as it stands. Where did I say it could not be amended and what does that have to do with my post? What has 1787 got to do with my post? What has voting them out got to do with my post? Another shocker of a post by you that has nothing to do with the post you quoted and everything to do with diverting from your nonsensical post that I pulled you up for.

It was about news report I saw, but as usual you know best and bleat about government dark forces. You are dangerous. You're the sort Obama's trying to deal with, a militia madman, thank God you're not an American Citizen.

Riddley Walker

So there I was, licensed and loaded without a clue. All this in Mass, supposedly one of the states with the most restrictive hand gun laws in the nation.

I take it you're aware a civilian has never stopped a mass shooting with a gun of their own? You'd probably just end up killing other innocents, statistically.

Can you legally carry a gun into a cinema, and how can anyone take a church meeting seriously when folk are sitting there with guns?

We can only go by what we see or hear and, when someone is on here telling us he is tooled up in case it kicks off in a church meeting, then the evidence points to Nutsville.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Spent a bit of time yesterday reading about the situation in Oregon with Ammon Bundy and his ilk. These are the guys that are never going to let gun control pass. Racist rednecks with semi automatics who have no regard for the law!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/oregon-occupation-who-are-the-bundys-the-infamous-family-behind-the-militia-standoff-a6794626.html

Add in this lot https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_Keepers and its all fun and games!!

I take it you're aware a civilian has never stopped a mass shooting with a gun of their own? You'd probably just end up killing other innocents, statistically.

John McClane did. He was a copper tbf, but he was off duty at the time.

NewYorkJambo

Most depressing thread ever, I'm so glad we don't share a continent

With all the problems in Europe just now, me too!

NewYorkJambo

We can only go by what we see or hear and, when someone is on here telling us he is tooled up in case it kicks off in a church meeting, then the evidence points to Nutsville.

No. Rightly or wrongly you can try and draw a conclusion on the poster but not a country of 360 million

No. Rightly or wrongly you can try and draw a conclusion on the poster but not a country of 360 million

Here bud, anyone who thinks their right to bear arms, is more important than saving lives is a nutter and Uncle Sam has 360 million.

But that's alright, because you know and i know, who the victims of guns are.

Edited by aussieh

Generic Username

America/the gun problem in a nut shell.

Canny even go and buy a foot-long from Subway without thinking you'd better protect yourself from ham hating jihadists.