Zanatta

Dayman

He looks and acts like a first team player to me. Raw but very confident and dynamic - can only improve the more game time he gets. Maybe we don't need to rush into a loan striker signing this window, although it wouldn't hurt to have more experienced cover.

He has been solid if not yet fully standing out in his appearances so far. Looks promising though he has a bright future for sure

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Certainly wasn't fazed by the occasion, looked confident on the ball.  He can only improve and hopefully we find a few more opportunities to get him game time.  Maybe give him the last half hour against the vermin when we're 4-0 up and the Roseburn is deserted.

He is a great prospect. Nice assist for him today as well.

Yep. I like the look of him. Hopefully he'll get a start soon.

Jambof3tornado

His form will come and go as with any young player. For now he is very keen to impress and where I think a loan deal may serve him well, 20 and 30 minutes spells later on in games is in my opinion best for the lad.

I like the cut of his jib!

Its a great example of Hearts doing what they said they would - give youngsters a chance

he must have everything they're looking for in terms of attitude, application as well as ability.

That pass he played yesterday from near the corner to Djoum showed great confidence and freedom. Tells me Robbie is doing a lot right as well.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think he's going to be amazing. At 18 even from the small glimpses he appears to have the touches the athleticism and maturity. Big part of the squad now. Great feet on him.

Find of the season after Djoum

Think his set up for Paterson was very telling. Didn't panic, wasn't selfish, saw Calum was in a better position so gave him the ball. A more selfish, glory-seeking player might have tried to engineer his own chance even when it wasn't on. Indicates he's cool-headed and sees the bigger picture. I think he's going to be very good.

Think his set up for Paterson was very telling. Didn't panic, wasn't selfish, saw Calum was in a better position so gave him the ball. A more selfish, glory-seeking player might have tried to engineer his own chance even when it wasn't on. Indicates he's cool-headed and sees the bigger picture. I think he's going to be very good.

This.

That kind of calm composed lay off is something you'd expect from somebody much more experienced. Good on him.

scott herbertson

Won't properly make an impact until someone stupid calls him shite.

Won't be long then.....

I asked the Q two weeks ago if RN considered him an option off the bench as opposed to just making up the numbers - a couple of people were a wee bit precious about it without reading what I actually said. He's answered that question in the last two games. Like many young players, Reilly included, it's about careful management of the player and expectation of fans, but at the same time there's not a one size fits all approach to player development (see Calum Paterson as an example) and he looks like he has a part to play over the next few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an intelligent and perceptive post.  You're destined for greater things than JKB.

A significant number on here considered that because Reilly wasn't playing like Rooney or Messi after a few games he should have been dumped.

Won't be long then.....

Scott.  With you and I being of similar vintage, will you be rather pleased if a player called Reilly knocks in a couple against Hibs next month?

Like me, I'm sure you will have great respect for his namesake but I think it would be rather tremendous.

What an intelligent and perceptive post. You're destined for greater things than JKB.

A significant number on here considered that because Reilly wasn't playing like Rooney or Messi after a few games he should have been dumped.

I'd extend that to any player who comes back from an injury and doesn't immediately hit the heights they managed beforehand, like Ozturk, Buaben and Pallardo.

And he has a cool name

Wonder if he's related to this wumman?

They both hail from Vancouver. Might be his mother or auntie? 

If so we, Ann could ask her to do the interior design work in the new main stand. lol

scott herbertson

Scott.  With you and I being of similar vintage, will you be rather pleased if a player called Reilly knocks in a couple against Hibs next month?

Like me, I'm sure you will have great respect for his namesake but I think it would be rather tremendous.

It would - we would need to invent a "Gie the ba' tae Reilly" song

Could this lad be a natural replacement for Sow?

Not the finished article obviously but he has a fair bit of skill about him and looks like he could play through the middle.

Could this lad be a natural replacement for Sow?

Not the finished article obviously but he has a fair bit of skill about him and looks like he could play through the middle.

I see him more as a replacement for Walker or Nicholson were they to move on

I see him more as a replacement for Walker or Nicholson were they to move on

Aye i get that and its the obvious choice really as its where he has been coming on and playing i just think as he gets a bit older and stonger he could play anywhere along the frontline.

Aye i get that and its the obvious choice really as its where he has been coming on and playing i just think as he gets a bit older and stonger he could play anywhere along the frontline.

Fair point, he's definitely an exciting prospect 

Looks a decent player, but booked today for diving & did the same against St Johnstone, which resulted in a second yellow earlier in he season...

Maybe needs a quiet word in his ear...?

I was impressed with him when he came on. I liked that he played with his head up and that he was comfortable on the ball. He certainly looks like He's got a great future in the game.

scott herbertson

Looks a decent player, but booked today for diving & did the same against St Johnstone, which resulted in a second yellow earlier in he season...

Maybe needs a quiet word in his ear...?

Should change his name to Angus McTavish

Archived