Worst Celtic team ever blah blah blah.....

hearts_crazy

As per usual when we don't do a Cowdenbeath on the opposition Kickback is full of negative vibes.  One of the recurring themes is about this 'should be beating the worst Celtic team for years' chat. 

So by that loigic you are suggesting ours is a better team than this 'worst Celtic.....blah...blah  ****ing blah'.  OK then  Here's the starting line-ups for each team on Sunday.  Take off the maroon tinted specs and be honest about it, you are Ronnie Delila, pick the Hearts player(s) you would pick ahead of their Celtic opposite number.  Feel free to give a valid reason for your choice:

Alexander

Paterson

Augustyn

Rossi

Oshaniwa

Buaben

Djoum

Gomis

Nicholson

Reilly

Sow

Gordon

Lustig

Boyata

Simunovic

Tierney

Bitton

Johansen

McGregor

Rogic

Armstrong

Ciftci  

Or do we just have to concede that even if they are at their weakest since records began they are still man for man better than us, and hence to be unbeaten against them in the league is actually something to be proud of.

Celtic aren't as bad as the Robbie haters would have you believe.

Of course they are not at the level they used to be, but neither are we.

We are gradually getting closer to them though in head to heads. Only a Hibs fan would disagree...

Just Sow and Nicholson for me, not seen enough of Simonovic but having signed for ?3 mill I think it's safe to assume he's a better player than Rossi.

Celtic aren't as bad as the Robbie haters would have you believe.

Of course they are not at the level they used to be, but neither are we.

We are gradually getting closer to them though in head to heads. Only a Hibs fan would disagree...

Agree with this post.

I'd take Rossi and Sow right away.

Lustig has been poor this season and him and Paterson cancel each other out I think. There is a case for keeping Paterson.

I'd also take Nicholson. I think he was better than any of the celtic wide men in that game.

letsalllaughathobos

They signed simonovic for ?3mil ann budge bought hearts for 2.5,

Says it all really,

As the op says take the tinted specs off this Celtic team is decent albeit they where missing 3 players who normally stroll the game against us in brown,commons and Griffiths,

They will still win the league at a canter,

We done well to get a draw,

I'll give you Nicholson and Sow - on their games.  Sow was mostly anonymous on Sunday.  Patterson? Really? 

glastonbury jambo

Boyata is mince, ....johanson suffers from inconsistency, ..mcgreggor is on his way out as he's not good enough,...ciftci is way over rated.

letsalllaughathobos

If you where the Celtic boss,

Maybe Tierney for Nicholson, and maybe sow for ciftci,

Both big maybes

Other than that no hearts players would be anywhere near that Celtic team,

Boyata is mince, ....johanson suffers from inconsistency, ..mcgreggor is on his way out as he's not good enough,...ciftci is way over rated.

I'd take them to Hearts in a heartbeat.

florida_jambo_1874

How can a team be expected to improve when they play rubbish teams week in week out?  The same goes for us last season-playing rubbish teams every week gave us a false sense of how good we were, and, when we came up against "better" teams, were hopelessly outclassed...

Celtic are filth, however, they are a decent side.

What I will say however is that this most certainly is the worst Celtic team in several generations, but sadly they are still the best in the country.

Dont think its about who you would have in there, having seen both teams play I'm off the 'illusion' we should be beating them comfortably.

They where missing arguably there midfield engine and that bit fight in Brown. And there best finisher in the Thumb.

Any team who doesn't try counter that loss needs to have a word.

Rossi and Augustyn for their two CHs (Reilly took the piss out both of them first half). Other than that, Nicholson over McGregor and Sow over Cifci.

Mass improvement for me to say 4 players could have played in that Celtic team compared to the zilch response you would have got from me normally.

Still think they were there for the taking.

Rossi and Augustyn for their two CHs (Reilly took the piss out both of them first half). Other than that, Nicholson over McGregor and Sow over Cifci.

Mass improvement for me to say 4 players could have played in that Celtic team compared to the zilch response you would have got from me normally.

Still think they were there for the taking.

Good defender, couldn't pass wind. 

Seriously for a professional player to misplace so many passes is utterly pathetic to be honest, (not just in Sunday's game either, his passing was the main reason Aberdeen had so much possession against us too).

Sow over Ciftci but Ciftci isn't their first choice striker. Griffiths would stroll into our team. I'd probably have Rossi in there though. Nicholson is a possibility but McGregor has been good when I've seen him this season. 

The rest, meh. I think Blazej would be an Ambrose-style joke on here if he played for Celtic tbh. I like him and he's mostly solid but prone to quite horrific mistakes and his passing is brutal, plus he keeps trying to play as a right winger. Simunovic thinks he's better than he is but he'd definitely be a starter for us. Out of those two teams in the OP:

Gordon

Lustig

Simunovic

Rossi

Tierney

Bitton

Johansen

Armstrong

Rogic

Nicholson (maybe)

Sow

Celtic are in transition

people expect instant success but it takes time

similarities with Hearts

Deila isn't perhaps getting his ideas across fully and they lack leaders but still a good team on their day

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Paterson, both centre backs, Djoum, Nicholson and Sow. I seen nothing of their defence that convinced me they were any better than ours. Our defence stood up very well at Pittodrie, as good a barometer as any, Celtic didn't. Sow is better than Ciftci, without doubt and I wasn't that impressed with either Forrest or McGregor.

Bitton and Johansen are very good players as are Rogic and Armstrong. A big clue there why Celtic have an advantage over us. Take into account Commons Brown were missing they have strength in numbers in the middle of the pitch. Not to decry our midfield, but they are a level below these . Djoum though has the scope to be as effective

Paterson, both centre backs, Djoum, Nicholson and Sow. I seen nothing of their defence that convinced me they were any better than ours. Our defence stood up very well at Pittodrie, as good a barometer as any, Celtic didn't. Sow is better than Ciftci, without doubt and I wasn't that impressed with either Forrest or McGregor.

Bitton and Johansen are very good players as are Rogic and Armstrong. A big clue there why Celtic have an advantage over us. Take into account Commons Brown were missing they have strength in numbers in the middle of the pitch. Not to decry our midfield, but they are a level below these . Djoum though has the scope to be as effective

:rofl: ......Ah!.... you're serious :uhoh2:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

One of my Crayon munching acquaintances who sadly supports Hearts lost his Shit big style because "we only drew with the Celtic reserves"!!

Sadly there are a fair few of these types on here these days.

People scared of this Celtic team. Lol

Well Hamilton and Motherwell were not scared of them. Is anyone suggesting we are not at least the equal to them?

Dr Ian Malcolm

Ah, the old "XXXX beat them, therefore so should we" argument. It quite clearly doesn't work like that. Celtic, as well as being a better team, make sure they turn up at Tynecastle. They know what kind of atmosphere there's going to be and their big players seem to enjoy playing there. This has resulted in several pumpings. There's absolutely no way they're similarly fired up for Motherwell at home or a trip to Hamilton.

Griffiths, Brown and Commons being out certainly makes things easier, but it doesn't automatically make Hearts a better team. Using that as a stick to beat us with for not winning is daft.

As for the op's question, I'd agree that Sow and Rossi would be the only two who may get in the Celtic team. Their squad isn't as bad a made out, and ours isn't as good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As per usual when we don't do a Cowdenbeath on the opposition Kickback is full of negative vibes. One of the recurring themes is about this 'should be beating the worst Celtic team for years' chat.

So by that loigic you are suggesting ours is a better team than this 'worst Celtic.....blah...blah ******* blah'. OK then Here's the starting line-ups for each team on Sunday. Take off the maroon tinted specs and be honest about it, you are Ronnie Delila, pick the Hearts player(s) you would pick ahead of their Celtic opposite number. Feel free to give a valid reason for your choice:

Alexander

Paterson

Augustyn

Rossi

Oshaniwa

Buaben

Djoum

Gomis

Nicholson

Reilly

Sow

Gordon

Lustig

Boyata

Simunovic

Tierney

Bitton

Johansen

McGregor

Rogic

Armstrong

Ciftci

Or do we just have to concede that even if they are at their weakest since records began they are still man for man better than us, and hence to be unbeaten against them in the league is actually something to be proud of.

Except that logic's bollocks - if you want to go by that logic, there's no point in playing any games, just award the three points to the team that spent the most.

Is it not possible to spend more efficiently, to find better bargains, to train smarter, to have better tactics, even better luck?

All across the world teams outside the top 2 go through purple patches and put together teams that win titles - we need to shake off this mentality of humbly knowing our place in Scotland. **** that!

On a day when celtic were without the players that hurt us most, when they got key injuries at crucial times and had to rely on a wonder save to earn a point, there's nothing wrong with thinking "we should have taken that chance to beat then"

To answer your question, the 3 from hearts that would benefit celtic most at the moment are Budge, Levein and Neilson imo

We're having that league title in the next few years!

I want Hearts, both players and fans, to believe we can win every home game.

Yes, Celtic are better and have a massive budget compared to us, but if we spend wisely, play well, and get the tactics right, there is no reason why we can't beat them.

To accept that you can't win as a foregone conclusion make you a loser, in my eyes.

Leicester City certainly don't have that attitude. Nor did Norwich or Stoke when they played Man Utd recently.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

:rofl: ......Ah!.... you're serious :uhoh2:

Deadly. I remember well when Rangers bought Hendry for 4 million and Celtic Moravcik for 300k. Celtic were mocked but those :rofl: soon looked pretty silly. You want to take a closer inspection of the facts particularly with regard to Celtic's defence.

Scott Allan Leigh Griffiths Gary Mackay Stevens all players probably deemed not good enough to play for Celtic by many but they have

way out west jambo

This is who I'd take from the Celtic Team.

Rogic - central attacking type player who can create and score goals. We need this in my opinion.

Cifti - big physical striker defenders don't like playing against. Similar player to Juanma but Cifti seems like he wants it more. Make more runs, chase more lost causes etc.

Gordon - he's simply better than Alexander.

Tierney - don't want to start a seperate debate but I'd take almost any other SPL clubs LB over Juwon.

MacDonald Jardine

Except that logic's bollocks - if you want to go by that logic, there's no point in playing any games, just award the three points to the team that spent the most.

Is it not possible to spend more efficiently, to find better bargains, to train smarter, to have better tactics, even better luck?

All across the world teams outside the top 2 go through purple patches and put together teams that win titles - we need to shake off this mentality of humbly knowing our place in Scotland. **** that!

On a day when celtic were without the players that hurt us most, when they got key injuries at crucial times and had to rely on a wonder save to earn a point, there's nothing wrong with thinking "we should have taken that chance to beat then"

To answer your question, the 3 from hearts that would benefit celtic most at the moment are Budge, Levein and Neilson imo

We're having that league title in the next few years!

I would say if anything all across the world league titles are increasingly won by a small group of elite clubs.

If another club starts to assemble a decent team they are picked apart by the elite who now don't have to pay adequate compensation.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

oh ah grantona

They are poorer than ever and i have never seen a celtic side press us like they did in the first 30 mins (clearly worried about us and trying to silence crowd) We grew into game but again felt like we stood off too much and gifted them an easier game and point. 

A decent performance from us but could have done better and got the 3 points.

Good that players and management come out and said unhappy about a point but we still need to up our workrate.

Reily played well but we can still see he has a lot of development left in him( mainly his 1 on 1 great to get into position but shot was poor) a good few games under his belt can keep Juanma out side.

Midfield is our issue without 2 wingers or 2 wide players, I have long shouted against Bauben but he has come onto a game, we have to drop Gomis for Wednesday and stick in King or Swanson 

Amoruso_lets_it_run

Rogic - central attacking type player who can create and score goals. We need this in my opinion.

Cifti - big physical striker defenders don't like playing against. Similar player to Juanma but Cifti seems like he wants it more. Make more runs, chase more lost causes etc.

Tierney - don't want to start a seperate debate but I'd take almost any other SPL clubs LB over Juwon.

I thought Cifti was dreadful on Sunday. Was the first time I'd seen him play live and had always been under the impression he was decent but was really shocked at how bad he was against us.

Rogic on the other hand was very impressive

Celtic Fans really seem to think that tierney is the best thing to come out of Celtic in years to be honest he looked very average against us just punted the pall to Paterson all game

For the Scotland team in years to come I'd much rather have Andrew Robertson starting ahead of him

I was talking to a Celtic supporter yesterday who is a really good bloke.  He said a couple of interesting things.  Firstly, he was hoping for a draw at best prior to the Hearts game.  He must be around 40 years old and he said he has never had so much doubt about the ability of a Celtic side.  He also said that the gossip via his family in Scotland is that the senior players have little respect for Ronnie and it's not a very happy atmosphere on the training ground.

His other comment of note was that rumours persist that Celtic are keen to replace Ronnie with Moyes.

This guy isn't the headline grabbing type.  He is thoughtful and quietly spoken.  I only see him around twice a year and I know he was delighted with Hearts last season and deeply moved by the video of the Dave Mackay funeral.

Interesting to see what will happen.  I personally think that only the league/cup double or preferably the treble will save Ronnie.

Surely the question is how many players in the current Celtic team would get in Celtic teams in years gone by?

There was nothing to fear in Celtic's starting XI the other night, especially without Brown, Griffiths and Commons.

Neilson recognised that, played two up front and in the end, got us pressing their defence and in the end was disappointed with just a draw.

The biggest problem is history - Scottish players (or clubs as a whole) simply see the Green & White hoops and soil themselves because history tells them they will get beaten.

If they were able to take a step back they would see just how ordinary this Celtic team side are compared to previous Celtic teams. Their results in Europe in recent times should be enough to show that.

I'm convinced that Celtic could play their U17s and still win the league because teams would still show then far too much respect - because of history.

I would say if anything all across the world league titles are increasingly won by a small group of elite clubs.

If another club starts to assemble a decent team they are picked apart by the elite who now don't have to pay adequate compensation.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I look around and see teams like AZ Alkmaar and Twente Eschende picking up league titles in Holland.

In Spain the last 20 years has seen Atletico Madrid, Valencia and Deportivo la Coruna break the big two's dominamce, even Italy has seen 5 different champions in the last 20 years.

We're the third biggest club in what everyone says is a piss poor league- it's not that weird to target genuine success every now and again

People scared of this Celtic team. Lol

Exactly. ****ing Motherwell beat them at parkhead. Would not be surprised if Dundee beat them tomorrow.

They are the poorest Celtic team I can remember. What's the problem with people stating that?

Doesn't mean we should beat them but means it's more likely surely.

i wish jj was my dad

This is definitely the poorest Celtic side since Lou Macari was signing Wayne Biggins and the likes and we are still very much a work in progress I don't think we are that far away.

TBH this weakest Celtic team in years chat sounds awfully like something that the churnilists or tv pundits come out with any time Celtic drop points or lose a game.  Rather than give credit to a team that gets the better of them or holds them to a draw the pundits and media immediate fall back position is that it was because the Celtic team isn't the best in a while.

Celtic have ten times the budget of anyone else in this country, so they're going to be miles ahead of everyone in Scotland.

But lets not kid ourselves, this Celtic team is shite. Please tell me if Malmo or Molde think much of them.

Celtic Fans really seem to think that tierney is the best thing to come out of Celtic in years to be honest he looked very average against us just punted the pall to Paterson all game

For the Scotland team in years to come I'd much rather have Andrew Robertson starting ahead of him

Tierney will be the captain of Scotland in 5 or 6 years time,trust me.

Celtic have ten times the budget of anyone else in this country, so they're going to be miles ahead of everyone in Scotland.

But lets not kid ourselves, this Celtic team is shite. Please tell me if Malmo or Molde think much of them.

Molde were way better than Celtic in every department yet Celtic scored a perfectly good goal in Malm? which was ruled out and Malmo should have had a player sent off when he handled on the goal line,it would have made it near impossible for Malm?.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34047527

Tierney will be the captain of Scotland in 5 or 6 years time,trust me.

I think Paterson is a better player, I also think there are better Scottish players out there and will be in 5-6years.

Tierney will find a way to play for Ireland

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Most respected we have been by Celtic in years. Following Deila Bitton now stating how well they played on Sunday.

As a wee post script how good it was to see the spirit between all at the end. No Brown or Griffiths surely helps

Although Bitton recently signed a big new contract I think he will be the next away from them a standout in that team on Sunday

Archived