Zeefuik Hat-trick yesterday

queensferryjambo

queensferryjambo

For anyone interested I just noticed Zeefuik scored a nice wee hat-trick yesterday.

Might be a Mickey Mouse league and all that but nice to see an ex player getting in a right foot goal, a left foot goal and a header in.

Good runs and nice natural finishing. Nice to see him doing well as he done the Hearts a good turn last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbVT9uenOVU

queensferryjambo

Keeper is honking

He is that - tragic on a couple of them.

A good keeper would have done well to have saved any of Zeefuiks though.

That stadium's about the same capacity as tynecastle, so how can they afford Zeefuik on that size of crowd when we couldn't?

Is there an unusually high tax burden in the UK or something?

kingantti1874

That stadium's about the same capacity as tynecastle, so how can they afford Zeefuik on that size of crowd when we couldn't?

He went on a free, we could've signed him- we signed Juanma instead

He went on a free, we could've signed him- we signed Juanma instead

I thought I read that his wages were considered to be too high but could be wrong tbf.

Phil D. Corners

Blah blah TV deal.

For most UK clubs, that is the case.

alicante jambo

I liked zeefuik.He came in overweight and unfit.A striker needs to be clever and he is.Id take him back no problem.A fit zeefuik would cause defences here nightmares.

I liked zeefuik.He came in overweight and unfit.A striker needs to be clever and he is.Id take him back no problem.A fit zeefuik would cause defences here nightmares.

Sadly I don't think he's the type of player that would ever look or get to the fitness levels required for this league.

Sadly I don't think he's the type of player that would ever look or get to the fitness levels required for this league.

He got 12 goals in 15 games with us. I'd be willing to give him a shot

He got 12 goals in 15 games with us. I'd be willing to give him a shot

Too right especially if Juanma's dicipline doesn't improve.

I'd take Juanma over Zeefuik but only because I think Juanma has more to give yet.

Juanma needs 2 things.

A kick up the arse.

A partner up front.

I don't think we are seeing the best of him right now but if we put someone with him I think it could make all the difference. If we brought him in to use solely as a lone front man then we scouted him badly.

I'd take him back in a hot second.  (Don't think he went on a free -- think whoever got him paid a fee to his Dutch club.)

Play Juanma for 60 minutes, sub him for Zee for the last 30.  He'd still average a goal every other game.

Riddley Walker

I reckon the folk who want him back didn't see him in the flesh much last season. He was static and a passenger 90 percent of the time. He had a good finish but was playing against part-time teams.

His lack of fitness/desire to work would be found out im the heady heights of the SPL.

I reckon the folk who want him back didn't see him in the flesh much last season. He was static and a passenger 90 percent of the time. He had a good finish but was playing against part-time teams.

His lack of fitness/desire to work would be found out im the heady heights of the SPL.

If he did nothing but come in for the last half hour of games and bang in goals the way he did last season I would be fine with him sitting on the bench eating a pie when we were on defence.  His equalizer against Rangers required physical positioning that of our current squad only Juanma could equal and featured touch and a finish that only Sow could equal.  In that position, Juanma would get the position but miss the target, and Sow would get pushed over before he got it.

Riddley Walker

If he did nothing but come in for the last half hour of games and bang in goals the way he did last season I would be fine with him sitting on the bench eating a pie when we were on defence. His equalizer against Rangers required physical positioning that of our current squad only Juanma could equal and featured touch and a finish that only Sow could equal. In that position, Juanma would get the position but miss the target, and Sow would get pushed over before he got it.

That was a good goal. But he was so frustrating to watch and there were entire games when he would offer absolutely nothing in terms of positioning, making runs, closing down, linking up. Don't think he'll play at a much higher level than where he is now.

Archived