Player Ratings

The Merse

Banks - 5 - Nothing to do all night but his distribution was abysmal. Long punts to Velicka who even if he won the ball he had nobody near him to flick it onto. The only reason I can think for this is that he doesn't trust the full backs to do the punting for him.

Neilson - 6 - Not great but nowhere near as bad as Jose.

Goncalves - 3 - disgrace, cannot play football, he is brainless.

Berra - 5 - again, distribution minging, wasn't troubled often though.

Karipidis 4 - didn't think he was great tonight.

Miko - 5 - pretty gash, refuses to go down the byline and get crosses in, gives the ball away too often

Jonsson - 5 - very poor, gave the ball away constantly in the first half, slightly better in second.

Ruben - 5 - poorest game in ages from him, again was guilty of giving the ball away too often

Stewart - 3 - Get the hell away from set pieces, you are woeful at them. Either didn't beat the first man or hit it straight into the goalies hands. I'm sorry but he is simply not good enough.

Ces - 3 - didn't get involved at all

Velicka - 4 - worked away but missed a complete sitter

Subs

Nade - came on and looked better than previous games but still woefully unfit and was a greedy ***** after working a great chance, he had to cut that ball back.

All in all, terrible performance, improved second half but still really, really poor.

Banks - 5 - Nothing to do all night but poor kicking.

Neilson - 7 - played well.Great clearance 2nd half and at least tried to use the wing 1st.

Goncalves - 4 - Poor

Berra - 7 - Played well.Took some late tackles.

Karipidis 7 - Played well.

Miko - 2 - ITS A JOKE THAT HE PLAYED THE FULL GAME.

Jonsson - 3 - Shocker bar 1st 10 mins 2nd half

Ruben - 5 - Crap 1st half better 2nd worse game yet.

Stewart - 3 - Tried but passing was shocking as was his set pieces.

Chesny - 2 - i would be surprised if he touched the ball.

Velicka - 4 - tried but missed a sitter.

Subs

Nade - 6 More like it.

Frail 0 clueless.

Banks - 5 1/2 - Nothing to do and the 1/2 is for the Bruce Grobbelar impersonation.

Neilson - 6 - standard

Goncalves - 5 - not as bad as some thought

Berra - 6 - tried hard

Karipidis 6 - does try to bring the ball out

Miko - 2 - sorry miko this wasn't your game, and how you stayed on the park I may never know.

Jonsson - 5 - tried hard

Ruben - 5 - been better

Stewart - 4 - maybe not 100%

Ces - 5- quiet

Velicka - 5- always looks like he may do something

Subs

Nade - 5- changed it a wee bit.

Ref Dougal 10 - in the GFA's eyes that is

Ref Richmond 10 - saw the game out as briefed

J.T.F.Robertson

Miko - 2 - ITS A JOKE THAT HE PLAYED THE FULL GAME.

If Frail genuinely has full control, can someone explain to me why this guy is still getting anywhere near the team? (rhetorical)

If Frail genuinely has full control, can someone explain to me why this guy is still getting anywhere near the team? (rhetorical)

Because Frail has a terrible eye for a player, he actually rates Elliott and Miko.

loveofthegame

Banks- 4/5- Literally not one save all game that i can remember. Kicking poor though.

Neilson-6 1/2-Pass marks, harshly pulled up by ref a bit too often. Tried to get forward with a wee bit of success. Best set piece of night near end-sums up MS's delivery

Jose-4-Used his athleticism to recover on a few occasions but never a footballer. Oh and why let him take throw ins when 99.9% of them end up on an opponents head-i dont care how far you can throw it

Karipidis-6- Not good, not bad. Very little to do

Berra-6-same as Karipidis. Lucky Porter was hurt early though as was being given a torrid time early on

Miko-1-just **** off. Offers nothing. Like playing with 10 men

Chesney-4-V little but should have been left on, with Miko or Stewart taken off. With more space second half and more of the ball like Miko had hes the 1 player we've got when no Larry who could have hurt them

Eggert-6 1/2- Worked hard, great tackler. Not got the pace to play Right mid but did ok considering being asked to play out of position

Ruben-7-Prob best player. Got a wee touch of class. Wish we'd give him th ball more. But could he of done better with rebound from Velickas shot?!

Stewart-1- Pish poor. Offered nothing positive, and must be the worst set piece taker ever.

Velicka-6- Was actually impressed with him, ive slagged him for being a finisher and not a player but looked good with the ball at feet tonight. However loses some marks for criminal miss

Subs:

Nade-6- Made a massive difference. However, blowing out his arse by 80th min after coming on at h/t

Frail-2- Poor tactics from start/wrong man off at half time. 2 decisions, both wrong

Banks. 5 Quiet game

Robbie. 6 Though robbie done well

Jose. 2 As useful as a fart in a spacesuit.

Kara . 5 Steady enough

Berra. 3 Hopeless and blames everyone else for his shortcomings.

Ches. 4 Pretty poor but played out position

Mikey Stewart. 1 Ad rather have Rod Stewart GTF

Ruben. 7 MOM in my opinion

Miko. 3 ****** OFF

Vel. 4 Tried hard throught no support

Eggert. 3 Cant see what the fuss is abut. Barely even an average player.

Nade. 6 Done well!!!

Did you see the time when Miko ran the ball out of play. Now he was crap up until that but after that incident Miko should have been subbed straight away and sent back to Kuanas.How many chances is he going to get.:mad:

Guest JamboRobbo
Banks- 4/5- Literally not one save all game that i can remember. Kicking poor though.

Neilson-6 1/2-Pass marks, harshly pulled up by ref a bit too often. Tried to get forward with a wee bit of success. Best set piece of night near end-sums up MS's delivery

Jose-4-Used his athleticism to recover on a few occasions but never a footballer. Oh and why let him take throw ins when 99.9% of them end up on an opponents head-i dont care how far you can throw it

Karipidis-6- Not good, not bad. Very little to do

Berra-6-same as Karipidis. Lucky Porter was hurt early though as was being given a torrid time early on

Miko-1-just **** off. Offers nothing. Like playing with 10 men

Chesney-4-V little but should have been left on, with Miko or Stewart taken off. With more space second half and more of the ball like Miko had hes the 1 player we've got when no Larry who could have hurt them

Eggert-6 1/2- Worked hard, great tackler. Not got the pace to play Right mid but did ok considering being asked to play out of position

Ruben-7-Prob best player. Got a wee touch of class. Wish we'd give him th ball more. But could he of done better with rebound from Velickas shot?!

Stewart-1- Pish poor. Offered nothing positive, and must be the worst set piece taker ever.

Velicka-6- Was actually impressed with him, ive slagged him for being a finisher and not a player but looked good with the ball at feet tonight. However loses some marks for criminal miss

Subs:

Nade-6- Made a massive difference. However, blowing out his arse by 80th min after coming on at h/t

Frail-2- Poor tactics from start/wrong man off at half time. 2 decisions, both wrong

i'd agree with that assesment.

J.T.F.Robertson
Did you see the time when Miko ran the ball out of play. Now he was crap up until that but after that incident Miko should have been subbed straight away and sent back to Kuanas.How many chances is he going to get.:mad:

I'm a bit too far away for that, however, I've seen similar from him on numerous occasions over the last couple of years, so yes, I can picture it.

My inference is, so long as this mug is anywhere near the first team, Vlad is still making the decisions.

portobellojambo1

Banks - 5 - Had nowt to do, poor distribution though.

Neilson - 5 - Some good, some bad

Berra - 5 - Not as influential as Saturday

Karipidis 7 - Played well, some bad distribution early on.

Goncalves - 4 - Sorry, not a left back.

Mikoliunas - 2 - I'll give him that for having the audacity to turn up, garbage.

Jonsson - 3 - Struggled for long periods

Palazuelos - 5 - Poor opening 45 minutes, better 2nd half when playing 4-4-2.

Stewart - 2 - Poor performance.

Cesnauskis - 2 - Never in game, should not have been on the left side, should have retained the wide right position.

Velicka - 3 - That miss will live in my mind for a long time.

Subs

Nade - 6 - Offered something up front, but still lacking match sharpness

I said on the way to the game that I was disappointed on hearing we were lining up 4-5-1. We looked better second half when 4-4-2, but the middle 4 should have been Cesnauskis, Stewart, Jonsson and Palazuelos. Stephen Frail may or may not be a good coach, but he is not the answer to our managerial problems.

I said on the way to the game that I was disappointed on hearing we were lining up 4-5-1. We looked better second half when 4-4-2, but the middle 4 should have been Cesnauskis, Stewart, Jonsson and Palazuelos. Stephen Frail may or may not be a good coach, but he is not the answer to our managerial problems.

If we play 4-5-1 again on Saturday with Miko starting Frail should get hung,drawn and quartered.:)

Banks - 5 - Had nowt to do, poor distribution though.

Neilson - 5 - Some good, some bad

Berra - 5 - Not as influential as Saturday

Karipidis 7 - Played well, some bad distribution early on.

Goncalves - 4 - Sorry, not a left back.

Mikoliunas - 2 - I'll give him that for having the audacity to turn up, garbage.

Jonsson - 3 - Struggled for long periods

Palazuelos - 5 - Poor opening 45 minutes, better 2nd half when playing 4-4-2.

Stewart - 2 - Poor performance.

Cesnauskis - 2 - Never in game, should not have been on the left side, should have retained the wide right position.

Velicka - 3 - That miss will live in my mind for a long time.

Subs

Nade - 6 - Offered something up front, but still lacking match sharpness

I agree with the markings but I can understand SFs thinking about the formation in the first half. Unfortunately it was a disaster....the only positive was that we were only 1 nowt down at half time and without Banksie having to make a save.....it was as poor a display as I can remember .....I'm not sure what a new manager will do with that squad...we need about 5 or 6 new players :mad:

Banks - 5 - nothing much to do, poor kicking

Neilson - 7 - solid game, back on form

Karipidis - 5 - nothing much wrong but sorely needs to do some weights

Berra - 5 - okay

Goncalves - 4 - sucked in yet again prior to the penalty

Miko - 2 - contributed nothing

Jonsson - 7 - massive contribution, tackles, our best passer on the night

Stewart - 2 - decent last 10 minutes, we have seen earlier this season and on Saturday that he cannot play in the hole with his back to goal, woeful set pieces

Palazuelos - 3 - game totally passed him by, one or two decent touches

Cesnauskis - 2 - game passed him by too

Velicka - 2 - flaws in his game obvious, took 25 minutes into the game before he didn't lose the ball when he got it though, can't hold it up

Nade - 3 - flickered for 10 minutes and then got tired

Frail - 0 - Frail out. If he is picking the team and subs he must go. Failed to bring on Jonsson for number 29 to protect the lead in the first game. And failed to do anything last night. Why were Beniusis and Ivaskevicius on the bench?

Dougal - 2 - shocking game from Scotland's best referee - I thought the player was far too close to give a penalty

Banks - 5 - nothing much to do, poor kicking

Neilson - 7 - solid game, back on form

Karipidis - 5 - nothing much wrong but sorely needs to do some weights

Berra - 5 - okay

Goncalves - 4 - sucked in yet again prior to the penalty

Miko - 2 - contributed nothing

Jonsson - 7 - massive contribution, tackles, our best passer on the night

Stewart - 2 - decent last 10 minutes, we have seen earlier this season and on Saturday that he cannot play in the hole with his back to goal, woeful set pieces

Palazuelos - 3 - game totally passed him by, one or two decent touches

Cesnauskis - 2 - game passed him by too

Velicka - 2 - flaws in his game obvious, took 25 minutes into the game before he didn't lose the ball when he got it though, can't hold it up

Nade - 3 - flickered for 10 minutes and then got tired

Frail - 0 - Frail out. If he is picking the team and subs he must go. Failed to bring on Jonsson for number 29 to protect the lead in the first game. And failed to do anything last night. Why were Beniusis and Ivaskevicius on the bench?

Dougal - 2 - shocking game from Scotland's best referee - I thought the player was far too close to give a penalty

Having just seen Sky Sports, I think he was right to give the penalty. Jonsson was a bit unlucky but his hand was too high. But otherwise Dougal was very poor - with a number of Motherwell players who should have been booked getting away with it. Thomson was slightly better.

Great ball in from Jonsson though for Velicka's miss. Why didn't Nade go down when fouled close to the bye line in the box?

I really hope frail doesn`t get the managers job his subs are gash ,his tactics are woeful, And who are hearts trying to kid playing a 4-5-1 can anyone at hearts not see that this is not working FFS.

The hibs win was great but it only papers over the very big cracks at tynecastle,And are we going to sign someone? Alan maybury big woopydoo that will really get us out of this mess.

How long does it take to get a manager? A= As soon as frail gets his euro liscense for coaching I fear.

Every other team can get a manager in fairly quickley but us.

Sergio Garcia

Banks - 5 - Nothing to do all night but his distribution was awful to say the very least, big punt ups and can only be due to a lack of faith in his defenders to distribute.

Neilson - 5 - Not a bad game but not that good either,showed his usual commitment.

Goncalves - 2 - If he had been in position just before the penalty the Mwell player wouldnt have been able to make the pass, always wants to hold Berras hand throughout the match really needs to be shown where exactly to stand, and how the ****** can he be muscled off the ball by wee Darren Smith beggars belief.

Berra - 5 - Nothing to do but needs to get a grip on Jose and tell him to ****** off to left back position.

Karipidis 5 - Didnt do much wrong, not much right either.

Miko - 4 - Had a few oppurtunities to cross but then tried to beat man again and gave it away,can do better.

Jonsson - 6 - Our best player IMO although thats not saying much, good cross for Velicka and had a few nice moves but another who can do better.

Ruben - 5 - Gave the ball away far too much and wasnt up to standards of last few weeks.Should have kept his shot down from Velicka rebound

Stewart - 3 - Attitude stinks and i was one of his biggest fans at start of season, yeah we know you played for Man Utd Mikey but you didnt make it so get the chip off your shoulder and screw the nut and your set pieces would have got me dropped from my primaryteam. Your not Zidane now get over it! Sums it up that my dad didnt realised you were on in the first half.

Ces - 3 - Wasnt in game at all, poorest game since comeback

Velicka - 5 - Worked away and looked all the world a goal, matter of inches as shown by the angle the ball came out at but you have got to take your chances and this time he didnt.

Subs

Nade - 4 - Came on and looked better than previous games for his first 10 mins, then he dissapeared, got very ball greedy and then should have just hit the shot in 6 yard box, flaaters to decieve in my opinion. Really needs to buck up ideas

Having just seen Sky Sports, I think he was right to give the penalty. Jonsson was a bit unlucky but his hand was too high. But otherwise Dougal was very poor - with a number of Motherwell players who should have been booked getting away with it. Thomson was slightly better.

Great ball in from Jonsson though for Velicka's miss. Why didn't Nade go down when fouled close to the bye line in the box?

I thought it was nothing special.Well player made a mess off a clearance.Nothing to do with the quality of the ball.No way Hearts would have got a penalty last night.

Horatio Caine

Great ball in from Jonsson though for Velicka's miss. Why didn't Nade go down when fouled close to the bye line in the box?[/QUOTE]

What's the point, because he would have been booked for diving. I expect they all know this by now so don't expect a penalty any time soon.

chester copperpot

Banks. 5 Quiet game

Robbie. 5 Thought robbie ok

Jose. 3 Dear oh dear

Kara . 5 Steady enough

Berra. 3 Starting to rethink my apology to him now

Ches. 4 Terrible.

Mikey Stewart. 3 Poor show again

Ruben. 6

Miko. 1 Wore his lead boots again last night

Vel. 5 No support till Nade came on

Eggert. 5 Ok, but dont think he's suited to hearts style of play, or lack of.

Nade. 6 Did well when he came on.

Banks 6 Nothing to do.

Neilson 6 OK game

Berra 7 Good game (pity he couldn't clear the ball in the 1st game like he did last night), hardlines with the pen award.

Karipidis 7 Did what was asked

Jose 5 Bombscare, but always seems to get back.

Stewart 5 Huffed and puffed. (must stop knocking freekicks straight to the goalie)

Jonsson 6 Done ok

Ruben 6 Done ok

Miko 2 Not good enough

Chesney 1 Non existant

Velicka 6 Huffed and puffed and should have done better with chance.

Nade 7 MOTM for me, done more in his 45mins than he has done all season.

Frail 0 Will he learn this weekend v. Dons that we cannot afford to go away from home and play 2wingers, 2 defensive midfielders and only 1 up front.

Too many players only giving us 1 good game in 10 just now. We need players who have the odd bad game in 10.

Miko performed at least as well as Ruben so how come there is such a big difference in points with everyone. Very Strange.

chester copperpot
Miko performed at least as well as Ruben so how come there is such a big difference in points with everyone. Very Strange.

Dear oh dear, if you cant work that one out for yourself, you're passed saving I'm afraid.

And for the record, Ruben was a mile better than Miko last night.

Dear oh dear, if you cant work that one out for yourself, you're passed saving I'm afraid.

And for the record, Ruben was a mile better than Miko last night.

Maybe you can work it out and explain it to me then. I aprreciate I'm not very well educted and not the brightest of Hearts supporters so your help might just be of great value.

what is "the record"?

Guest Dipped Flake

Banks 6 Not one save to make all day but at least gave us a reason to have a giggle before the penalty

Neilson 5 Better than some

Berra 6 One of the better players, not saying much

Karipidis 6 Same as Berra

Jose 3 People say Robbie can't play football but Jose is ten times worse.

Stewart 1 Absolute nightmare, why did he keep insisting on taking these free kicks (or passbacks to the goalie as I call them)

Jonsson 5 Done ok

Ruben 5 Done ok

Miko 3 Crap game but still kept trying

Chesney 2 Can't remember him touching the ball

Velicka 5 Missed a sitter but to be fair to him the ball was bobbling all over the place

Nade 6 Most effective I've seen him, wish he had gone down when fouled in the box

Frail 3 At least he changed things at half-time, rather than 10 minutes to go.

Dougal 0 Was even worse than Kenny Clark. How his wee book wasn't full with the names of motherwell players I will never know

Its the marks for Jonnson that amaze me.I thought he had a shocker but most here seem to think he was good.Can this laddie pass a ball.Okay he gives 100% but really does he get extra points because of his age.:rolleyes:

Its the marks for Jonnson that amaze me.I thought he had a shocker but most here seem to think he was good.Can this laddie pass a ball.Okay he gives 100% but really does he get extra points because of his age.:rolleyes:

Agree with a lot of your opinions on here benny, but disagree with you on Jonsson.

I think he's a good passer of the ball. A player like Bednar would thrive on his passing - our forwards aren't good enough to be on his wavelength.

chester copperpot
Maybe you can work it out and explain it to me then. I aprreciate I'm not very well educted and not the brightest of Hearts supporters so your help might just be of great value.

what is "the record"?

So over the last 6 or so games, Ruben has been our best player? Do you agree with that statment?

He didn't play superb yesterday, but he still played better than Miko, alot better than Miko IMO.

Miko has been terrible for us since the Andy Davis incident, only briefly showing glimpses of his talent.

So to have the right to criticise Miko, when not criticising Ruben is fair cop, dont you agree?

Is that spelt out enough for you, or shall I go on?

Ruben was poor last night but Miko, well words fail me for that loser.

maltese jambo
Banks. 5 Quiet game

Robbie. 6 Though robbie done well

Jose. 2 As useful as a fart in a spacesuit.

Kara . 5 Steady enough

Berra. 3 Hopeless and blames everyone else for his shortcomings.

Ches. 4 Pretty poor but played out position

Mikey Stewart. 1 Ad rather have Rod Stewart GTF

Ruben. 7 MOM in my opinion

Miko. 3 ****** OFF

Vel. 4 Tried hard throught no support

Eggert. 3 Cant see what the fuss is abut. Barely even an average player.

Nade. 6 Done well!!!

Agree with that apart from...

Cesnauskis: thought he played pretty well till he was subbed

Agree 100% about Eggert.

So over the last 6 or so games, Ruben has been our best player? Do you agree with that statment?

He didn't play superb yesterday, but he still played better than Miko, alot better than Miko IMO.

Miko has been terrible for us since the Andy Davis incident, only briefly showing glimpses of his talent.

So to have the right to criticise Miko, when not criticising Ruben is fair cop, dont you agree?

Is that spelt out enough for you, or shall I go on?

You need to explain your logic - you haven't addressed the issue.

I agree, excluding last night that Ruben has probably been our best player over the last few weeks, amybe six games.

I agree he probably is a better central midfield player than Miko, not sure how he would fair playing the role that Miko plays.

Miko has suffered a confidence dip since the Davies incident, but you obviously realise up to that point what a good player he was - would it not be better to encourage him back to that level rather than get on his back?

So to have the right to criticize Miko, when not criticizing Ruben is fair cop, dont you agree? not sure what you mean here , the original thing was that for last nights match you had a considerable difference in the points score between Miko and Ruben, the point is that LAST NIGHT, on that performance, your point scoring seems unfair to me, and based on prejudgment rather than performance for the game you marked.

Or do you realiy think that in last night game Ruben's performance was so much better than Miko's.

(I appreciate your patience, pleople often tell me things are over my head)

Archived