Zanatta

Juanjo

Clearly is because he's had a spot on the bench recently.

Still a raw talent but he's doing all right things and will be putting plenty pressure on Reillys place in the team.

He's looking a big talent and the young lad McLean that was getting game time pre season could follow him up in the future.

Potentially 2 prolific forwards coming through the youth academy. Been many years since that has happened.

Clearly is because he's had a spot on the bench recently.

Still a raw talent but he's doing all right things and will be putting plenty pressure on Reillys place in the team.

He's looking a big talent and the young lad McLean that was getting game time pre season could follow him up in the future.

Potentially 2 prolific forwards coming through the youth academy. Been many years since that has happened.

Yeah he's had the experience of being part of the squad which is probably ahead of schedule for him, but in all likelihood Neilson would only ever have put him on if we were comfortable. But I wonder if he's soon going to be seen as an option off the bench Neilson would go to because he needs something from a player. Or even start.

We_are_the_Hearts

He has never stood out when i bave watched him but maybe settling in a new country now and finding his feet. I will be very surprisedif McLean makes it to the first team from what i have seen. For a big lad he is poor in the air, doesnt hold the ball up or work hard enough and is too easily brushed aside. Hopefully a work in progress

He has never stood out when i bave watched him but maybe settling in a new country now and finding his feet. I will be very surprisedif McLean makes it to the first team from what i have seen. For a big lad he is poor in the air, doesnt hold the ball up or work hard enough and is too easily brushed aside. Hopefully a work in progress

Spot from what I have seen as well. Time on his side but I tend to agree with you.

Potentially very good player by the sounds of things.

Interesting that Ozturk scored two and no thread on him getting a run....

I'm not a fan of Ozturk tbh and right now he should get back in to the defence.

Potentially very good player by the sounds of things.

Interesting that Ozturk scored two and no thread on him getting a run....

see thread on the game

I think there is a huge risk that we are building this young lad up to be something that he either isnt, or isnt yet. There were shouts that he should have come on a few weeks ago, as he would have been the spark we needed. I am not convinced these were based around having seen his talent, simply that he is an attacking player. We shouldnt expect too much when he does get a chance as he will just be slated when he doesnt do as well as was built up. 

glastonbury jambo

I think there is a huge risk that we are building this young lad up to be something that he either isnt, or isnt yet. There were shouts that he should have come on a few weeks ago, as he would have been the spark we needed. I am not convinced these were based around having seen his talent, simply that he is an attacking player. We shouldnt expect too much when he does get a chance as he will just be slated when he doesnt do as well as was built up. 

look he's either good enough or he is not , get him in , even if its as a sub  , let him run ...see what happens.

We_are_the_Hearts

look he's either good enough or he is not , get him in , even if its as a sub , let him run ...see what happens.

He came on against Partick and looked miles from being ready

look he's either good enough or he is not , get him in , even if its as a sub  , let him run ...see what happens.

And what if he doesn't turn out to be the instant superstar that people are suggesting, and takes time to settle? He will get absolutely slated. No risk there, then, great plan... 

glastonbury jambo

And what if he doesn't turn out to be the instant superstar that people are suggesting, and takes time to settle? He will get absolutely slated. No risk there, then, great plan... 

and what if he's a superstar and were just holding him back, retarding him ...the glass is half full...get him on.

We_are_the_Hearts

and what if he's a superstar and were just holding him back, retarding him ...the glass is half full...get him on.

He's been on!!!

Slowly slowly WatH is right in everything he has said on this thread. The lad has got plenty of time.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

An eye for goal always helps. Re McLean seem to remember reading he was signed simply with a view to bolster the 20s and is not a great hope

Definitely not my intention.

An eye for goal always helps. Re McLean seem to remember reading he was signed simply with a view to bolster the 20s and is not a great hope

Where did you read that ?

I would be surprised if the club had went public with a statement like that.

Hardly encouraging for a young player to hear.

Absolutely this^^^^^

Give the lad time.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Where did you read that ?

I would be surprised if the club had went public with a statement like that.

Hardly encouraging for a young player to hear.

It was an ITK on here. Would be a strange thing to make up but pinch of salt perhaps

Jambof3tornado

Zanatta and players like him(callumn morrison etc) need a wee 10 to 15 minutes at the end of matches we are comfortable in, rather than being thrust right in.

That said its back to the old, if you're good enough you're old enough but its pretty risky.

I've been crying out for Dario to get some game time recently with Jamie and BK both out injured (assuming he could play wide).

Have to agree here unconvinced myself

loveofthegame

We have King, Walker, Nicholson, Sow, Juanma, Reilly who are all ahead of him.

No need to rush him into the first team.

Have to agree here unconvinced myself

It'll be interesting to see how he pans out then.

Attacking players can be funny, I always think Velicka was a good example of a guy who wasn't obviously a particularly great footballer, but the boy knew how to score goals

We_are_the_Hearts

How could you tell in the couple of minutes he had?

He had over 20 minutes. I have also seen him before. IMO he is not ready yet.

Seymour M Hersh

He had over 20 minutes. I have also seen him before. IMO he is not ready yet.

Oh well, we'll see if Robbie agrees with you.

We_are_the_Hearts

Oh well, we'll see if Robbie agrees with you.

To be fair Robbie has the benefit of seeing him every day so will know better than anyone on here.

There appears no doubt the kid is a good prospect and is scoring at 20s but the gulf between that and first team

Is a significant one, let the kid mature and continue his development and see where he's st this time next year before we start pushing for him to get game time. More important to push Reilly and get his confidence back !

You had players like Elliot, weir, smith goto the ruins due to lack of game time. Although Elliot had the pleasure of more and had jankauskas..

You had players like Elliot, weir, smith goto the ruins due to lack of game time. Although Elliot had the pleasure of more and had jankauskas..

It wasn't lack of game time that made them shit, it was being shit that got them a lack of game time

I have to question that info too. I've been following the U20's and have never seen anything, anywhere to suggest McLean was signed to make up the numbers. Why would you do that anyway? From what I've seen he looks a prospect but doesn't seem to be getting the game time that Zanatta has.

Archived