The all new "yay" thread! (aka the anti-seethe thread)

Jimmy_McNulty

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• Helzibob

• Dawnrazor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, mrcrisps said:

Interviewed on Wed and found out later same day I was successful - new job. Yay!

Well done.

I need to get my arse in gear and get something else. I’ll try and get myself sorted in the new year. 

My mate ,44, got the all clear today from the doctor today, he's been getting treatment for cancer of the lymphatic system, I'm delighted for him.

9 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

My mate ,44, got the all clear today from the doctor today, he's been getting treatment for cancer of the lymphatic system, I'm delighted for him.

Fantastic news.

Cancer is a shocking disease and seems to be affecting so many people I know just now. Good to hear some positive news for a change. 

Hearts 4 - Celtic 0, if that wasn't good enough, checked the post box this afternoon and got a letter saying it had a pay rise, ya dancer!!

4 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Hearts 4 - Celtic 0, if that wasn't good enough, checked the post box this afternoon and got a letter saying it had a pay rise, ya dancer!!

Strangely enough I got a pay rise today as well :lol: .

Hearts win by lots. 

Hibs lose by lots. 

Rangers lose at home. 

Celtic get absolutely shagged rotten.

:glorious:

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Hearts win by lots. 

Hibs lose by lots. 

Rangers lose at home. 

Carlsberg don't do weekends, but if they did.

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Hearts win by lots. 

Hibs lose by lots. 

Rangers lose at home. 

Besiktas also won 5-1.

:pleasing::yas:

Atmosphere at work today was class, also won a Christmas quiz for a tub of heroes, got away early, 10 days off and finished for 2017, wrapped 90% of my Christmas presents tonight and am currently pre gaming before a night out on the lash in Newcastle. Driving home for Christmas tomorrow before Jumanji and another night out. Life is good!

On 18/12/2017 at 11:40, superjack said:

Carlsberg don't do weekends, but if they did.

Bit low key but saw Stevie the Bookie from Still Game at the St Andrews Square ice rink yesterday. Had a blather with him while in the queue. Really nice guy.

Made my day when he said to my laddie to “feel the burn” :D

EDIT: Didn’t mean to quote Sooperstar’s post.

Edited by iantjambo

1 hour ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

The Mrs thought after MC Hammer lost all his money that he did exercise routines on morning TV! Nope that was Mr Motivator :gok:

:rofl:

3 hours ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

The Mrs thought after MC Hammer lost all his money that he did exercise routines on morning TV! Nope that was Mr Motivator :gok:

u cant tough this, now feel the BURN

3 hours ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

FFS!

:rofl:

Decided to freshen the house up with a lick of paint in each room. All done and the house looks a lot brighter.

Can have a few beers now knowing that I’ve earned it :)

We're off to Anfield tomorrow for a stadium tour, I don't know know who's more excited, me or my son! 

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

We're off to Anfield tomorrow for a stadium tour, I don't know know who's more excited, me or my son! 

You.

Ya silly old barsteward.

Enjoy :thumb:

Just done the Anfield Stadium Tour and now we're having dinner in the Boot Rome Cafe, what a fantastic tour, I've never been on a stadium tour before but what a fantastic experience. 

...a bit disco

Just received my first ever bid-for item win off ebay.

$_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

Couldn't afford one at the time so was well chuffed when I 'won' this.

giphy.gif

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

First grandchild born at 12.50 this morning. A healthy baby boy.

:yas:

Dad is a Hibby so some brainwashing may be required.

Congratulations Ian.

6 hours ago, iantjambo said:

First grandchild born at 12.50 this morning. A healthy baby boy.

:yas:

Dad is a Hibby so some brainwashing may be required.

Brainwashing is now redundant...Natural Order has been restored, along with natural selection, have faith Grandad.

44 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Brainwashing is now redundant...Natural Order has been restored, along with natural selection, have faith Grandad.

:groundhog:

On 09/01/2018 at 14:47, ...a bit disco said:

Just received my first ever bid-for item win off ebay.

$_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

Couldn't afford one at the time so was well chuffed when I 'won' this.

giphy.gif

Sorry to hear you couldn't afford it at the time, glad you won my auction, I've lost a bit of weight and now fit in a smaller one, enjoy big boy. :peace:

1 hour ago, Helzibob said:

Just home from walking the dog and saw 8 deer on the walk. I love seeing deer, beautiful animals, it makes my day if I spot them. 

I'm the same, usually see a few most days driving to work this time of year. Stunning beasts.

14 minutes ago, superjack said:

I'm the same, usually see a few most days driving to work this time of year. Stunning beasts.

They really are. I’ve only ever seen 5 at once so I really happy this morning to see 8. 

On another yay, I’m off on my holidays tomorrow. 

• 2 weeks later...

A suspected big cat poacher has been eaten by lions near the Kruger National Park in South Africa, police say.

The animals left little behind, but some body parts were found over the weekend at a game park near Hoedspruit.

"It seems the victim was poaching in the game park when he was attacked and killed by lions," Limpopo police spokesman Moatshe Ngoepe told AFP.

"They ate his body, nearly all of it, and just left his head and some remains."

from the bbc news page 

karmas a bitch ?????

10 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

A suspected big cat poacher has been eaten by lions near the Kruger National Park in South Africa, police say.

The animals left little behind, but some body parts were found over the weekend at a game park near Hoedspruit.

"It seems the victim was poaching in the game park when he was attacked and killed by lions," Limpopo police spokesman Moatshe Ngoepe told AFP.

from the bbc news page 

karmas a bitch ?????

maybe they could bring that in as the punishment for poachers they catch. it could be a reality show. you put the poacher in an area near some lions and there is a safe place that they need to get to, all you have to do is outrun the lions

19 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

maybe they could bring that in as the punishment for poachers they catch. it could be a reality show. you put the poacher in an area near some lions and there is a safe place that they need to get to, all you have to do is outrun the lions

I’d watch it ??

The Future's Maroon
14 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

from the bbc news page 

karmas a bitch ?????

That has brightened up my day, go on the lions.

5 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Would only work if the lions were hungry. Make a condition that they get no food for a week prior to introducing the "contestant".

Just getting ready to leave the house for work this morning then a mate messages me to say the road is closed due to high tides. Straight back to bed. Even knowing I have to make the time up at the end of the daydoesnt take away the joy of going back to bed.

Over the last few months, me and my 15 year old daughter have been sending each other playlists on Spotify. She sent me 1 today, and it was full of quality music, well music I like anyway.

For so long she only liked the so called popular music. Now her taste is broadening.

She came through to the kitchen when I was cooking and listening to her playlist and was shocked that I knew the words to most of the songs.

After a few.years of only hearing Katy Perry and one direction, my hard work has played off. She sent me a playlist including oasis, Metallica, nirvana.

So proud.

On 12/02/2018 at 23:42, 3fingersreid said:

from the bbc news page 

karmas a bitch ?????

A dish best served cold.

Revenge that is, not cat poacher.

On 12/02/2018 at 22:42, 3fingersreid said:

from the bbc news page 

karmas a bitch ?????

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5395413/Burglar-hits-partner-head-brick-China.html

:rofl::rofl:

Followed the clart home with the bag of dog shit he stuffed in my privet hedge...I thought I'd shut his letter box with a big enough clank to warrant a confrontation, nae luck.

Minger!

On 13/02/2018 at 14:37, superjack said:

Would only work if the lions were hungry. Make a condition that they get no food for a week prior to introducing the "contestant".

That used to be true, or what we thought, until they discovered a pride of lions actually wait for people who jump the border at some African country. Can't remember where.

9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

That used to be true, or what we thought, until they discovered a pride of lions actually wait for people who jump the border at some African country. Can't remember where.

Christ, I hope Trump or his staff don't read this, they'll be buying Lions instead of building the wall. 

On 25/02/2018 at 20:59, Old Blue Eyes said:

Followed the clart home with the bag of dog shit he stuffed in my privet hedge...I thought I'd shut his letter box with a big enough clank to warrant a confrontation, nae luck.

Minger!

:wow::yas: 

Britain First party leader sentenced to 4.5 months in jail, deputy sentenced to 9 months in jail for harassment.

350?cb=20121205194057

Edited by peter_hmfc