The all new "yay" thread! (aka the anti-seethe thread)

Jimmy_McNulty

superjack
46 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

One thing I've noticed recently the chimney requires cleaning more often. The sweep says it could be the coal or the sheer amount of rain in the last few years. Going to get a rain cap fitted in the summer,see if that improves the tar/creosote build up in the chimney.😁 Cannie beat a coal fire πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅πŸ˜Ž

I do mine once every spring, doesn't take me long. As it's a multi fuel stove amd is only used in the colder months, I generally don't get a lot of soot coming off.Β 

Now and again, I put a few logs on it. The extra blast of heat stops the build up of creosote inside the flu.

Β 

35 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Ps , I've noticed a fair increase in log burners getting installed. I have the benefit of a dual fuel charnwood with a back boiler fitted so it heats radiators as well as piping hot water,no dampness in my house 😁 plus it's economical to run.

Ours is an add on, only fitted itn8 years ago, so no back boiler.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• Morgan

• Helzibob

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

henrysmithsgloves
1 minute ago, superjack said:

I do mine once every spring, doesn't take me long. As it's a multi fuel stove amd is only used in the colder months, I generally don't get a lot of soot coming off.Β 

Now and again, I put a few logs on it. The extra blast of heat stops the build up of creosote inside the flu.

Β 

Ours is an add on, only fitted itn8 years ago, so no back boiler.

Bet you will feel the difference in your house when it is on😁 My chimney can only be cleaned from the roof,and I ain't going up there, not scared of heights, I'm scared of the sudden stop on the way down πŸ€”πŸ˜‚

superjack
1 hour ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Bet you will feel the difference in your house when it is on😁 My chimney can only be cleaned from the roof,and I ain't going up there, not scared of heights, I'm scared of the sudden stop on the way down πŸ€”πŸ˜‚

Ours is on an extension on a bungalow. Roofs at a very narrow pitch so easy to walk on.Β 

But yeah, the heat is brilliant. Initially hate being to warm, but there's something about the heat from the stove. Like my cats, I love it. And helps dispose ofnised tissues quickly as well so the wife doesn't find them!

henrysmithsgloves
1 minute ago, superjack said:

Ours is on an extension on a bungalow. Roofs at a very narrow pitch so easy to walk on.Β 

But yeah, the heat is brilliant. Initially hate being to warm, but there's something about the heat from the stove. Like my cats, I love it. And helps dispose ofnised tissues quickly as well so the wife doesn't find them!

😲🀒 Handy to dispose of the Mrs when she finds outπŸ˜‚

henrysmithsgloves
14 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

She really did !Β 

IMG_7855.jpeg

Β 

th-338939356.jpg

JudyJudyJudy
31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

My employer still giving the 4 day Easter holiday is pretty cool.

Thank Jesus really.... :)

JudyJudyJudy

πŸ˜‚won 2 discounted tickets for POTY award's in April Β !!! Good times . Last year I won both tickets for the event too ! πŸ’― discount then !Β 

henrysmithsgloves
21 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

LovelyΒ 

Β 

Β 

IMG_7919.jpeg

He older than this guy😲

th-1252076016.jpg

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

He older than this guy😲

th-1252076016.jpg

AmazingΒ 

henrysmithsgloves
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

AmazingΒ 

And still can't mind a good Hibs team🀣

Dawnrazor

Ten Labrador pups born yesterday, Mother and pups all doing well☺️

I used a really lovely big, dark yellow dog as the sire, the dam is Black, I wanted a dog pup the same as the sire, every single pup is Black 🀦😭

Harry Potter

Chow mein on my forecourt with the container this morning, only 10 bins on the forecourt, ha ha

makes me laugh.

henrysmithsgloves
On 01/04/2024 at 21:11, Dawnrazor said:

I used a really lovely big, dark yellow dog as the sire, the dam is Black, I wanted a dog pup the same as the sire, every single pup is Black 🀦😭

Racist...reported🧐

Tommy Brown
On 01/04/2024 at 21:11, Dawnrazor said:

What's the going rate for a lab now,

Ours hits 12yo in June.

We'll all be devastated when she passes.

Fantastic breed.

Dawnrazor
17 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

What's the going rate for a lab now,

Ours hits 12yo in June.

We'll all be devastated when she passes.

Fantastic breed.

About a grand a pup, you can pay more.

Let me know if you do plan getting another Lab pup, I can put you in touch with some good breeders of health tested pups πŸ‘

Sooperstar
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Local chippy delivery arrived 6 minutes after order placed

Β 

:yas:

Impressed by your lazyness.

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

About a grand a pup, you can pay more.

Let me know if you do plan getting another Lab pup, I can put you in touch with some good breeders of health tested pups πŸ‘

πŸ‘

She says no more, but I know what she really means.:lol:

Dawnrazor
3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

πŸ‘

She says no more, but I know what she really means.:lol:

Offers there TommyπŸ‘

superjack

Sitting having my lunch at work, the wife asks if I'm free. I said I am, she asked if I could facetime her as she got something in the post she isn't sure about. I facetimed her, and my daughter answered! Nobody told me buggerlugs was coming home for a week. I don't think I could have got a better surprised. Superjack couldn't possibly be any happier just now!

Dawnrazor
2 hours ago, superjack said:

Sitting having my lunch at work, the wife asks if I'm free. I said I am, she asked if I could facetime her as she got something in the post she isn't sure about. I facetimed her, and my daughter answered! Nobody told me buggerlugs was coming home for a week. I don't think I could have got a better surprised. Superjack couldn't possibly be any happier just now!

πŸ‘

Oda be a JT

A tiny wee bit sunshine, despite a chill in the air equals burds out with paps oot but the chill ensure stiff nips - cheered me up on my lunchtime break up toon today!!

Cairneyhill Jambo
1 hour ago, Oda be a JT said:

A tiny wee bit sunshine, despite a chill in the air equals burds out with paps oot but the chill ensure stiff nips - cheered me up on my lunchtime break up toon today!!

Too early for TM?

Got myself a new bike so I can have more fun annoying drivers. Also means I can hand my old one into bike station so they can recycle (pun intended) to sell it on to someone that can’t afford a new bike.Β 

Dawnrazor

See if you can spot wee Dawnrazor😎❀️

IMG-20240409-WA0017.jpg

Jim_Duncan
18 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

IMG-20240409-WA0017.jpg

Didn’t realise your family are black. Shame he didn’t get the rest of his body into the photo, but there’s a lot to be proud of there.Β 

Dawnrazor
5 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Didn’t realise your family are black. Shame he didn’t get the rest of his body into the photo, but there’s a lot to be proud of there.Β 

🀣🀣🀣 He's been out in Portugal all last week in the World Rugby Youth Tournament, he's been playing up with the U19 team so he's two or two and a half years younger the the rest of the lads, but he's been cutting about all week in Lisbon in that top and the pink away one😎

Β 

Edited by Dawnrazor

On 29/03/2024 at 03:51, JudyJudyJudy said:

She really did !Β 

IMG_7855.jpeg

Not quite.

Β 

Hedy LamarrΒ didn’t invent Wi-Fi but she did work on a concept that ultimately led to Wi-Fi.Β  Along with George Anthiel, she invented a system which allowed radio waves to jump onto different frequencies. The idea was originally to stop the US Navy’s radio signals from being jammed by their enemy in World War 2.

Β 

So, not quite inventing WiFi (that was an Aussie scientist in the 1990s), but she was involved in a brilliant invention in itself.

Β 

Edited by Sydney

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Sydney said:

Not quite.

Β 

Hedy LamarrΒ didn’t invent Wi-Fi but she did work on a concept that ultimately led to Wi-Fi.Β  Along with George Anthiel, she invented a system which allowed radio waves to jump onto different frequencies. The idea was originally to stop the US Navy’s radio signals from being jammed by their enemy in World War 2.

Β 

So, not quite inventing WiFi (that was an Aussie scientist in the 1990s), but she was involved in a brilliant invention in itself.

Β 

Yes I am aware of that . Her and his invention was frequency jamming /hopping which in turn is directly related to GPS systems .Β 

Harry Potter
4 hours ago, cheetah said:

Really enjoying @Harry Potter posting seethes on the anti-seethe thread :lol:Β 

Heres another, walked in to Tescos this morning, lovely big pork sausages at the 1st display,

had todays date on them,Β :facepalm:, should be half price.

On 10/04/2024 at 06:42, Dawnrazor said:

IMG-20240409-WA0017.jpg

The boy in the Hearts top is a champion.Β  The boy in the Queensland top can GTF.

milky_26
4 hours ago, Sydney said:

The boy in the Hearts top is a champion.Β  The boy in the Queensland top can GTF.

The boy in the hearts top looks like he has seen a bird he wants to get fired into

JudyJudyJudy

God bless her . Amazing

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

IMG_8092.jpeg

Got my Visa approved for New Zealand, Can't wait to get away. I've always wanted to live abroad but lack of a decent education and a trade it seemed impossible so it doesnt feel real I'm on my way.

25 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Got my Visa approved for New Zealand, Can't wait to get away. I've always wanted to live abroad but lack of a decent education and a trade it seemed impossible so it doesnt feel real I'm on my way.

Good luck and Bon voyageΒ 

37 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Congratulations.

Β 

What criteria did you use to apply? Is it permanent?

Β 

Β 

il Duce McTarkin
3 hours ago, Herbert. said:

Β 

Fantastic.

Β 

I loved my brief time in NZ. An incredibly warm and welcoming country.

Kicking 50 now so probably too old emigrate.Β 

Best of luck and keep us posted. πŸ‘

6 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Congratulations.

Β 

What criteria did you use to apply? Is it permanent?

Β 

Β 

Β 

I'm on a 5year accredited employer work visa as a truck driver, We can apply for residence after 2 years so if New Zealand is even slightly better for us than here we're not coming back.Β 

30 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Β 

I'm on a 5year accredited employer work visa as a truck driver, We can apply for residence after 2 years so if New Zealand is even slightly better for us than here we're not coming back.Β 

Nice one. All the best.

9 hours ago, Herbert. said:

Β 

Nice one. Best of luck. :toasting:

Over the past few years I was getting more and more pissed off with my job. Had a manager who was just like a paisley version of del boy, but at least del boy was likeable. He left just over a year ago so I thought I would just stick my job out. The new boss is sound, I worked closely with him before he got the senior managers job. I recently seen a job advert online and I was curious, it looked OK when I first read about it, so I applied. There was 1 stumbling block at the interview, the wage they were offering was quite a bit lower than what I'm on. I was up front with them from the start. Turns out my honesty was a good thing, I went in to see the general manager on Saturday and not only was I offered the job, they are willing to match the wage I'm on. I'm quite excited about this, so's the wife, and all my mates wives as they'll be after freebies! Finish current job on 24th May, the day before wr win the cup final, and start the new job in June. I always assumed that when I left my current job, it would be me leaving because I was getting pissed off again and just accepting any job. Never once thought that at 50 I would still be applying for jobs at this level (senior management), let alone getting 1!

8 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Nice one. All the best.

Β 

Β 

7 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Β 

Nice one. Best of luck. :toasting:

Β 

Thank you both, I'll need luck. I'm going over myself for 3months so I may end up living in a wheelie bin until the wife comes and sorts everything out.

Harry Potter

Maybe warmer weather next month, yipeee, must stay positive, ice on my windscreen yesterday

morning, just a wee bit tbh, but still there.