The all new "yay" thread! (aka the anti-seethe thread)

Jimmy_McNulty

Unknown user

I've had hand problems and had to give up drums last year. Yesterday I got a parcel through the door - my mate had ordered me these things that go on drum sticks that give you something to hold so I can play again.

New-Drum-Stick-Grip-Device-Accessory-Dru

I spent a very sweet and sweaty couple of hours in the practice room yesterday, superb!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• Helzibob

• Dawnrazor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Thanks!

As a kid I used to quite enjoy scraping off the wallpaper. As an adult someone else can do it.

It wasn’t too bad but I’m knackered now. 6 hours straight work. I’ll be sore tomorrow. 

Салатные палочки
12 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Love my new phone case.

P1010001 (1).JPG

Where from? I could do with a new cover and fancy a Hearts one. 

Unknown user
12 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Love my new phone case.

P1010001 (1).JPG

Sure I had a picture of Paul Ritchie in that strip on my wall, might have been from a program

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Where from? I could do with a new cover and fancy a Hearts one. 

Go on-line Hearts shop, have all the strips through the years, 4 days from order to delivery.

Also all makes of phones.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Sure I had a picture of Paul Ritchie in that strip on my wall, might have been from a program

The away strip 96/97.

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Go on-line Hearts shop, have all the strips through the years, 4 days from order to delivery.

Also all makes of phones.

The away strip 96/97.

Superb 👍

Sooperstar
2 hours ago, Helzibob said:

It wasn’t too bad but I’m knackered now. 6 hours straight work. I’ll be sore tomorrow. 

6 hours straight will do that to anyone.

Governor Tarkin

Looking forward to a Saturday out in the Pentland hills in the sun, with a few pints at the Allan Ramsay as a reward for my efforts. Yay. 

Gave blood this morning, for the first time in over a year.  Was pleasantly surprised to see how many people were also doing the same, was 5 people when I was in, and 4 more in the seating area waiting.

I actually got a text to say they were looking for A+ donors because the stocks were low.  You can check them out here, might be that they need what you've got : https://www.scotblood.co.uk/about-blood/current-blood-stock-levels/

Got up, had breakfast, drank a shit load of water and went to the gym, then popped in to let them steal some blood.   I was in and out in 20 minutes, didn't feel faint and that's me for another couple of months :)

Anyone who is squeamish about doing it, the needle doesn't hurt, and they'll sit and talk to you to keep you distracted.  As long as you're well hydrated, you should feel fine afterward!

Finished work and now on 2 weeks annual leave. On Sunday I go on holiday. Not my usual holiday in the sun. 5 nights in a cottage in East Lothian. I’ll take it though. 

8 hours ago, tian447 said:

Gave blood this morning, for the first time in over a year.  Was pleasantly surprised to see how many people were also doing the same, was 5 people when I was in, and 4 more in the seating area waiting.

I actually got a text to say they were looking for A+ donors because the stocks were low.  You can check them out here, might be that they need what you've got : https://www.scotblood.co.uk/about-blood/current-blood-stock-levels/

Got up, had breakfast, drank a shit load of water and went to the gym, then popped in to let them steal some blood.   I was in and out in 20 minutes, didn't feel faint and that's me for another couple of months :)

Anyone who is squeamish about doing it, the needle doesn't hurt, and they'll sit and talk to you to keep you distracted.  As long as you're well hydrated, you should feel fine afterward!

I gave blood a few times. Never fainted but looked pale enough to have them putting my legs in the air on several occasions. Eventually they banned me.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

I gave blood a few times. Never fainted but looked pale enough to have them putting my legs in the air on several occasions. Eventually they banned me.

My folks took me and my brother with them when we were wee. I ended up on a bed as I nearly passed out.

Tried to give blood 3 times myself and they sent me away because I was a state before I even got near a needle.

They were right in fairness as I struggle to stay conscious when I ever need to give a blood test.

10 hours ago, tian447 said:

Well done. I used to donate regularly, but they haven't been able to take it for years because of medication I take. Do they still give you badges when you've made certain numbers of donations? 

Stuart Lyon

I worked with a guy who's surname was Stone and would you believe he had the most difficult time giving his blood donation! Didn't put him off though!

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Best "Yay" for a long time...Digby is one cool dug...even signed the pic with a paw print...

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, OBE said:

Best "Yay" for a long time...Digby is one cool dug...even signed the pic with a paw print...

That's a nice looking beast

18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's a nice looking beast

Yes, and Digby is a perfect name, shame his official cross-breed title will be cringe...if he is in fact a cross...anyone?

10 minutes ago, OBE said:

Yes, and Digby is a perfect name, shame his official cross-breed title will be cringe...if he is in fact a cross...anyone?

cockapoo

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, OBE said:

I have a Bulgamong coming in a few weeks, she's a cross between Bulgarian and a mongrel 

• 2 weeks later...
Салатные палочки

Spent the last half an hour watching bats flying past the window. Surprised at how close they were getting to the window. Must be roosting in the roof. Rather them than the pigeons last year. Not sure what kind they are, going to read up on them but probably about 5-6" wingspan. 

Edit. Looks like they are Soprano Pipistrelles.

Edited by Salad Fingers

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

superb weather, got the cooling fan on, need more of this.

Spent my lunch hour in the garden and that’s where I’ll head when I finish. It’s glorious. 

• 2 weeks later...

There's been a noticeable couple of absences in the Terrace the past few days. 

There is still a shite load of negative, repetitive nonsense, but it's not been nearly as bad as it could have been. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Tonight I end my *tolerance break. I return to my own bed and see my dug. 

It’s the little things that are often important. 

*? 

Hope everything is ok, bud. 👍

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Im all good bud 👍

Hows you not see you posting for a while. You been JKB pokey?

Anyway hope your good👍

Good to hear. 👍

Yes, I was papped. Some folk are a bit ... But hey, football is back, covid on the retreat.

Come on Hearts.

Harry Potter
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Good to hear. 👍

Yes, I was papped. Some folk are a bit ... But hey, football is back, covid on the retreat.

Come on Hearts.

Take care ri, anyway roadworks away on the drumbrae south, big yay from me.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Take care ri, anyway roadworks away on the drumbrae south, big yay from me.

👍

Just Got oor first gig since lockdoon....10th September Baker Street Stirling....woohoo, canny wait....🤘🤘

Edited by micole

Unknown user
On 10/07/2021 at 18:51, Harry Potter said:

Just had a jumbo haggis supper from the corbie, lovely/beautifull.

Great food after a great Hearts win.

No get the broon fish?

I was in the kitchen this morning and their was an egg on the boil. The mother-in-law walked in with her marshmallow face and sausage fingers and I told her "I think you've burnt your egg". 

A look of horror appeared on her face and she moved quicker than I've ever seen her move. The egg was off the boil and she's looking at it.....

I was lost for words 🤣🤣🤣

Konrad von Carstein

Beautiful pair of wellies arrived this morning, perfect for the early morning dug walks across the dew sodden golf course... :)

I was once, if not cool, an OK guy...now I'm chirping about wellies :(

Just now, Cade said:

Home-made curry with home-made garlic naan breads.

:rudiyas:

Plenty left for tomorrow too :greggy:

at least it will be easy for you to social distance

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...