The all new "yay" thread! (aka the anti-seethe thread)

Jimmy_McNulty

1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

Great bump Tian.

My in-laws won't be coming for Christmas due to coronavirus and the old guys ongoing health problems. We can't visit them due to coronavirus and the old guys health problems. They most likely won't be here for the Hamsters birthday in February due to coronavirus and the old guys ongoing health problems. 

So many Yays! A big huge gigantic Yay for coronavirus! :santa2:

One mans yay is another mans seethe :sob:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• Helzibob

• superjack

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We’ve got the grandkids for the weekend. The grandson (2 years old) has woke up upset. He won’t go back to sleep without granddad cuddles. 
I’m now sat with him on the couch, cuddled in and he’s dozing off.

I know it’s cheesy. But I absolutely adore these moments.

• 1 month later...
On 21/11/2020 at 05:13, iantjambo said:

We’ve got the grandkids for the weekend. The grandson (2 years old) has woke up upset. He won’t go back to sleep without granddad cuddles. 
I’m now sat with him on the couch, cuddled in and he’s dozing off.

I know it’s cheesy. But I absolutely adore these moments.

👍

I Last week I witnessed two auld cyclists (one male, one female) engage in a bit of road rage at Bruntsfield. Is this likely to become more frequent?

5 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

I Last week I witnessed two auld cyclists (one male, one female) engage in a bit of road rage at Bruntsfield. Is this likely to become more frequent?

Depends how often you go to Bruntsfield I suppose 😀

Presume you mean the cyclist road rage? Probably will as numbers of cyclists increase and provision on roads doesn't change much.

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Can see them now, goading the #### out of each other to react...i’m filming ya, I’m filming ya too🙄

On 29/12/2020 at 16:01, Stuart Lyon said:

After seething about cyclists on the Penny Farthing thread, this made my day 🤣

On 29/12/2020 at 13:18, IronJambo said:

Got pinged by the track and trace app last night. 

Week off work on full pay 😁🥳🤪

Is that the second time that's happened?  I think I can mind you seething about getting lots of phone calls from them a while back.

On 29/12/2020 at 13:18, IronJambo said:

Got pinged by the track and trace app last night. 

Week off work on full pay 😁🥳🤪

Nae Christmas visit from the in-laws. Now this.

This must be your best Xmas in years 😂😂

5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Nae Christmas visit from the in-laws. Now this.

This must be your best Xmas in years 😂😂

This is how I imagine @IronJambo has been feeling since

61802cf3bffa8ff88fb5127446e318ad.gif

image.png

Edited by milky_26

3 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Is that the second time that's happened?  I think I can mind you seething about getting lots of phone calls from them a while back.

My first ping. Pretty much my 6th isolation though.

Start of November my youngest had to get tested so we all had to isolate. It was clear. 2 days later my oldest had to isolate from school so I had to take the time off to look after him (he's only 6). He was due to go back and my youngest at 9 months had to isolate from nursery so I had to take time off for him. Next week we all got sick and it turned out that wee Frankenstein had, and gave us all covid. Then the calls started and I ended up blocking their number 😂

Frankenstein was only back at nursery for a week before he had to isolate again so I still never made it back to work. It should be noted that I haven't been paid for the time I've taken off to look after the kids.

Then my first ping! I DO get paid for this 😁

15 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

This is how I imagine @IronJambo has been feeling since

61802cf3bffa8ff88fb5127446e318ad.gif

image.png

Sadly I'm not allowed to run in the hills until Monday 😂🥳🥳

• 3 weeks later...

I've had an enormous dread hanging over me the last few years as I've slowly been losing use of my left hand and getting increasingly numb all over, especially on the left. I can't play any instruments any more, even drums, the stick comes flying out my hand as I can't feel how tightly I'm holding it. 

But I've moved around a LOT, 5 addresses in the last 4 years, and every time I start seeing a doctor about it I move, change doctor and area, and have to start all over again. 

On Saturday I got taken into hospital after going numb all down the left side of my body, arm and leg too, and I feared the worst.

Thankfully I'd finally got an MRI a few days earlier and they were able to refer to it.

I don't have some degenerative nerve disease, I'm not in danger of getting locked in or losing the ability to move, but my spinal cord is being compressed in the neck, causing nerve issues with movement and feeling. There may be more issues further down the spine (only the top got done) but my brain is good and there's finally an explanation. 

It might not seem like great news to find your spinal cord has problems that stop you from functioning properly, but it's something that can possibly be treated, it isn't a horrific disease that will leave me a vegetable and there's even a possibility that I may play instruments again and that's as massive a YAAAAY! as I can think of.

Superb!

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I've had an enormous dread hanging over me the last few years as I've slowly been losing use of my left hand and getting increasingly numb all over, especially on the left. I can't play any instruments any more, even drums, the stick comes flying out my hand as I can't feel how tightly I'm holding it. 

But I've moved around a LOT, 5 addresses in the last 4 years, and every time I start seeing a doctor about it I move, change doctor and area, and have to start all over again. 

On Saturday I got taken into hospital after going numb all down the left side of my body, arm and leg too, and I feared the worst.

Thankfully I'd finally got an MRI a few days earlier and they were able to refer to it.

I don't have some degenerative nerve disease, I'm not in danger of getting locked in or losing the ability to move, but my spinal cord is being compressed in the neck, causing nerve issues with movement and feeling. There may be more issues further down the spine (only the top got done) but my brain is good and there's finally an explanation. 

It might not seem like great news to find your spinal cord has problems that stop you from functioning properly, but it's something that can possibly be treated, it isn't a horrific disease that will leave me a vegetable and there's even a possibility that I may play instruments again and that's as massive a YAAAAY! as I can think of.

Superb!

Great Stuff Smithy all the best

We really do need to be grateful for 

our lives and good health. Ive had more operations than I can remember on my joints Including joint replacements  due to Rheumatoid Disease but I never need to look far to see someone worse off. Ive great family support and get lots of enjoyment from being a Jambo including all the great Kickback posts especially the Edinburgh History and all the brilliant jokes so don't really have much to complain about

Isn't it a blessing as well not to suffer from a mental illness I feel dreadful for poor folk who have to go through that horrible anguish I watched what it did to my Mother and now my brother and wouldnt wish it on anyone

Superb!

Oh and I know there's already a thread on MND but what brilliant news today on possible help to combat that dreadful disease

Superb!

I had the same thing. Was originally treated as a frozen shoulder, but when there was no response to physio or a cortisone injection, I was sent for an MRI scan. 

Discs were crushing the nerves coming out between them. 8 months later, had surgery to prize the discs apart. Since then, perfect.

Prior to the op, I had no sensation on the outside of my right hand, and sometimes all the way up to my elbow.

Luckily, my GP realised quickly to send me for an MRI, so I only suffered the worst of it for 10 months.

9 hours ago, otterjohn said:

Great Stuff Smithy all the best

We really do need to be grateful for 

our lives and good health. Ive had more operations than I can remember on my joints Including joint replacements  due to Rheumatoid Disease but I never need to look far to see someone worse off. Ive great family support and get lots of enjoyment from being a Jambo including all the great Kickback posts especially the Edinburgh History and all the brilliant jokes so don't really have much to complain about

Isn't it a blessing as well not to suffer from a mental illness I feel dreadful for poor folk who have to go through that horrible anguish I watched what it did to my Mother and now my brother and wouldnt wish it on anyone

Cheers, appreciated!

9 hours ago, otterjohn said:

Oh and I know there's already a thread on MND but what brilliant news today on possible help to combat that dreadful disease

Yeah, brilliant, fingers crossed

9 hours ago, superjack said:

I had the same thing. Was originally treated as a frozen shoulder, but when there was no response to physio or a cortisone injection, I was sent for an MRI scan. 

Discs were crushing the nerves coming out between them. 8 months later, had surgery to prize the discs apart. Since then, perfect.

Prior to the op, I had no sensation on the outside of my right hand, and sometimes all the way up to my elbow.

Luckily, my GP realised quickly to send me for an MRI, so I only suffered the worst of it for 10 months.

Good to hear

• 5 weeks later...

Cockney geezer pal in London sent me these this morning, made my day that someone would take the time to do this, had my name on the other side's an ' a

IMG-20210218-WA0012.jpg

UK Supreme Court rules that Uber drivers are employees and have full protection and rights thereof.

The bullshit "Gig economy" just took a massive hit.

With me & Mrs JH housebound with C19 we got an unexpected knock on the door Tuesday. Opened it to find a delivery from Greggs organised by our daughter in Canada.

Sausage rolls, steak bakes, chicken pasty and Belgian Buns

Not ashamed to admit we both cried.

1 hour ago, LMc said:

Final payment of my student loan comes off my wage tommorow 😀 Been a long time coming.

I don’t know if they changed it since I paid mine back but they continued to take it for the rest of the year.

I had to apply to get 2k back when they had finished

3 minutes ago, mutley said:

I don’t know if they changed it since I paid mine back but they continued to take it for the rest of the year.

I had to apply to get 2k back when they had finished

i think that has stopped as it did not happen to me and i finished paying it in the middle of the tax year

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

i think that has stopped as it did not happen to me and i finished paying it in the middle of the tax year

👍 it made no sense. That’s good that they’ve stop it, although picking up the 2k was nice

Just now, mutley said:

👍 it made no sense. That’s good that they’ve stop it, although picking up the 2k was nice

it was strange as it was automatically taken from your wages but they somehow could not have it set that oh you dont owe anymore so we wont take anymore

21 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

With me & Mrs JH housebound with C19 we got an unexpected knock on the door Tuesday. Opened it to find a delivery from Greggs organised by our daughter in Canada.

Sausage rolls, steak bakes, chicken pasty and Belgian Buns

Not ashamed to admit we both cried.

Aw naw...what did she forget? :P. You've got a thoughtful lass in Canada...GWS to you both.

Edited by OBE

1 hour ago, OBE said:

Aw naw...what did she forget? :P. You've got a thoughtful lass in Canada...GWS to you both.

She’s a wee star and, apart from getting sick not seeing her for 2 years has been the hardest thing about this. It’s normally 12 months at a push

Edited by Jamhammer

Governor Tarkin
On 19/01/2021 at 21:31, Smithee said:

Superb!

Missed this post earlier.

Great news, Smithee.

Hopefully the quacks can put you back together. 👍

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Missed this post earlier.

Great news, Smithee.

Hopefully the quacks can put you back together. 👍

Cheers guv, I'm hopefully away to get a job with great health coverage too so fingers crossed. One of these days anyway.

Edited by Smithee

• 2 months later...
iantjambo
10 hours ago, weehammy said:

Wow - a woke two year old!

:vrface:
They’re starting younger these days!

Give me a break. It was early :lol:

Салатные палочки

We are in the process of implementing a new system in work. We needed a lot of information to go onto it but there was guidance to say that a lot of specific information was NOT to be added right now and a decision would be made in July. I was asked if I had put the specific information on the system, to which I replied no you weren't to until the decision was made in July, I even forwarded the guidance to them. This was overruled by management and I then had to put it all on, which took at least a week. 

I was in a meeting yesterday and someone mentioned that a decision had not yet been made with regards to that specific information. I relayed this back to the management who are now chasing their tails wondering who they can blame. It won't be me as I managed to retrieve the email conversation where I challenged it and was overruled, which I have put on the back-burner for any subsequent meetings.  

All very :pleasing:I must say. 

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

We are in the process of implementing a new system in work. We needed a lot of information to go onto it but there was guidance to say that a lot of specific information was NOT to be added right now and a decision would be made in July. I was asked if I had put the specific information on the system, to which I replied no you weren't to until the decision was made in July, I even forwarded the guidance to them. This was overruled by management and I then had to put it all on, which took at least a week. 

I was in a meeting yesterday and someone mentioned that a decision had not yet been made with regards to that specific information. I relayed this back to the management who are now chasing their tails wondering who they can blame. It won't be me as I managed to retrieve the email conversation where I challenged it and was overruled, which I have put on the back-burner for any subsequent meetings.  

All very :pleasing:I must say. 

They'll find a way to shaft you. Delete any iffy emails cause they'll be hunting :)

nothing better than making your bosses look like tits though!

Салатные палочки
17 minutes ago, Jeff said:

They'll find a way to shaft you. Delete any iffy emails cause they'll be hunting :)

nothing better than making your bosses look like tits though!

Oh I have no doubt they will. I spoke to one of them on the phone this morning and she was all nicey-nice. At the same time I could hear the cogs turning as she thought of a way how they can pin this one on me :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Down visiting family. Walking along dalry and gorgie and having a couple of pints in some classy establishments. Then popping into he hearts store to buy the third top. Walking along here always makes me feel like I'm back where I belong.

5 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Lovely weather at last, 🙂:jambobanana:

Let’s hope it lasts. I have 2 weeks off work in June. 🤞🏻

Harry Potter
37 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

Let’s hope it lasts. I have 2 weeks off work in June. 🤞🏻

1st week in june is lovely.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

1st week in june is lovely.

I’m off from the 11th. Hope it stays dry, that’s all I need.

Sooperstar

After a bit of a wait (not that long in the grand scheme of things but it felt like ages) and a last minute delay knocking things back by a week, finally moved house today. So that was nice. Well, the process wasn't, but the ending is.

8 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

After a bit of a wait (not that long in the grand scheme of things but it felt like ages) and a last minute delay knocking things back by a week, finally moved house today. So that was nice. Well, the process wasn't, but the ending is.

Great stuff, all the best in your new home.

My best mate got the keys to her new place yesterday too. I’m being summonsed today to help remove wallpaper or whatever other job she has for me.

Sooperstar
2 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Great stuff, all the best in your new home.

My best mate got the keys to her new place yesterday too. I’m being summonsed today to help remove wallpaper or whatever other job she has for me.

Thanks!

As a kid I used to quite enjoy scraping off the wallpaper. As an adult someone else can do it.