The all new "yay" thread! (aka the anti-seethe thread)

Jimmy_McNulty

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• Helzibob

• superjack

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 16/10/2019 at 17:42, Bridge of Djoum said:

Just passed my test this morning, 1st time of asking. (46 years old) 

I guess it’s easier over here, automatic cars,  mostly straight roads. Also If you’re over 18 in Rhode Island your permit, (provisional) allows you to drive alone with no supervision, which I found odd. Nevertheless I’m delighted and just a bit proud today. 

Well done to you! 

Bit late but we’ll done BoD👍🏻

Been driving for 10 months now and honestly don’t know how I managed before.

2 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Just booked a winter sun holiday for January. I’m going to be counting down for 12 weeks. 

I got home from work on wednesday and was told next years holiday is booked, a week in new York. Like you, counting down already, as well as getting peoples nerves by constantly whistling Frank Sinatra's New York new York. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Bit late but we’ll done BoD👍🏻

Been driving for 10 months now and honestly don’t know how I managed before.

I’m the opposite. I just don’t see the thrill in it. In 9 days I’ve driven once, to get groceries. 

3 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Just booked a winter sun holiday for January. I’m going to be counting down for 12 weeks. 

I had been counting down the days for 3 months till we were due to fly to Turkey on Monday, had to cancel it on Sunday as the mother in law took unwell, still she died yesterday so it wasn't cancelled in vain.

She had a wicked sense of humour so she will forgive me mine, she will be sadly missed, :( 

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, graygo said:

I had been counting down the days for 3 months till we were due to fly to Turkey on Monday, had to cancel it on Sunday as the mother in law took unwell, still she died yesterday so it wasn't cancelled in vain.

She had a wicked sense of humour so she will forgive me mine, she will be sadly missed, :( 

Sorry to hear that, mate. 

6 hours ago, graygo said:

I’m sorry to hear that bud.

4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Sorry to hear that, mate. 

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I’m sorry to hear that bud.

It's fine, I'm sure the insurance will cover it.

(Again I jest, thanks for the condolences)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just about to go and sink a beautiful big pint after being hungover at work all day.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssss

Салатные палочки
46 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Just about to go and sink a beautiful big pint after being hungover at work all day.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssss

:pleasing:

Friday hangovers are manageable due to early finishes.  It's Monday's that are the killer. 

1 hour ago, superjack said:

Wife and daughter out tonight, house to myself. Large kebab, peace + quiet and maybe even a wee chug.

W*nk*r :thumbsup:

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

Jim Spence has just blocked me on Twitter as I politely pointed out that his moothie playing isn’t very good. This was despite me several times in the past pointing out that as a Dundee Utd supporter most of his tweets were about Celtic. This didn’t seem to bother him but criticising his musical ability seem problematic. 

luckyBatistuta

Just had the best meal of our holiday, with all four of us stuffed. Got the bill...and the cheapest of the holiday 

:robboyas:

Just snuck into bed after a couple of bottles of wine, misses asked the time, ach it’s just the back of 1 darling (5:30am) and got away with it, result. 

:fonzie:

:rudiyas:

:sweeet:

goodnight chaps. 

7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just had the best meal of our holiday, with all four of us stuffed. Got the bill...and the cheapest of the holiday 

:robboyas:

Think of all that money you wasted on sub-standard meals.

Woke up after a heavy night on the the drink at my mates house with no hangover, result.

To top it off, I made a large pan of mince and another of bolognese.

• 4 weeks later...

Daughter got an unconditional offer for uni yesterday at Heriot watt. Couldn't believe how much it caused me to cry, for good and bad things.

Good, it's the course she wanted to do. If you asked the wife or me when daughter was 10, we would have said this is what she wanted to do.

Bad, my baby will be big away.

Still waiting to hear from Edinburgh uni as studying and staying in Edinburgh is her first choice. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Had the grandkids round for a couple of hours today. Feels like a lifetime since we saw them :)

Must've been great for you all👍

My daughter got a certificate from school today. She has now finished 6th year and the certificate was for the school prize giving. She got the top prize for her art in her advance higher. Going away to uni in september, already accepted to Heriot watt. My baby is growing up and preparing to move away. On top of that, she is moving to Gala and will be in halls next to fairydeans ground. I used to spend a lot of time there when I couldn't get to hearts games, life for us is going full circle.

Had the grandkids round for a couple of hours today. Feels like a lifetime since we saw them :)

In a classic case of picturing a Kickback user in your head I had you down as being much younger. Probably because of your avatar.

42 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Must've been great for you all👍

It was outstanding mate. Our granddaughter was born shortly before lockdown and so we haven't seen much of her. She saw enough of grandad today to ensure me im her favourite grandparent. Smiling her head off at me :)

Or she could've been just laughing at the dickhead who was singing Meatloaf songs to her 😂😂

15 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

In a classic case of picturing a Kickback user in your head I had you down as being much younger. Probably because of your avatar.

44 this year bud. 

Is that young for a two time grandad?

PS. Ralph Wiggum is a legend :D

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

It was outstanding mate. Our granddaughter was born shortly before lockdown and so we haven't seen much of her. She saw enough of grandad today to ensure me im her favourite grandparent. Smiling her head off at me :)

Or she could've been just laughing at the dickhead who was singing Meatloaf songs to her 😂😂

44 this year bud. 

Is that young for a two time grandad?

PS. Ralph Wiggum is a legend :D

Depends where you live I suppose! West Lothian or Fife?

I was born and raised in Danderhall. Now living in West Edinburgh.

Yes, that is young then!

• 1 month later...

Very impressed with the effort and detail in this cake...cheesing I was  :biggrin2:...all edible and the Maroon colour was perfect.301995847_Bdaycake60.jpg.6962544e9a01bcd33e82bff77e38542d.jpg

6 minutes ago, OBE said:

Very impressed with the effort and detail in this cake...cheesing I was  :biggrin2:...all edible and the Maroon colour was perfect.301995847_Bdaycake60.jpg.6962544e9a01bcd33e82bff77e38542d.jpg

Class.

1 hour ago, OBE said:

That’s brilliant. Love the wee bus pass. 

23 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

That’s brilliant. Love the wee bus pass. 

Cheers bud, some of the stuff I received was expensive and appreciated, but this cake with the time, effort & detail just blew me away...:scenes:

2 hours ago, OBE said:

Wow , that’s impressive 👏

10 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Wow , that’s impressive 👏

Behind the golf bag there's a wee pot bunker with riveted face with brown sugar for sand...

Edited by OBE

• 1 month later...

**** me, this has fallen down the pecking order.  Bunch of miserable bas..... :lol:

Reviving the thread with:  Work have just delivered to me, 2 brand new 23 inch monitors to me since I'll be working from home for the forseeable future.  Nice, crisp HD displays to replace the 10 year old 21 inch TV I was using as a second monitor.

I now have more space to fit all the windows I need to flick between for work, and can sit with 2 different Virtual Machines up on different screens, and still use my actual laptop screen.

Of course, it also means I can also have The Terrace on one, The Shed on the other, and work on the laptop screen on the middle one :lol: 

Great bump Tian.

My in-laws won't be coming for Christmas due to coronavirus and the old guys ongoing health problems. We can't visit them due to coronavirus and the old guys health problems. They most likely won't be here for the Hamsters birthday in February due to coronavirus and the old guys ongoing health problems. 

So many Yays! A big huge gigantic Yay for coronavirus! :santa2:

Samuel Camazzola
On 10/08/2020 at 21:08, OBE said:

Behind the golf bag there's a wee pot bunker with riveted face with brown sugar for sand...

Does the golf bag come with a little mat for winter play? 😉