The all new "yay" thread! (aka the anti-seethe thread)

Jimmy_McNulty

Салатные палочки
6 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Only one day in and I’m wondering how I managed without it.

Doing my lessons just now and I cannot wait for the day I am driving my own car on the roads.  The commute to work is really getting on my nerves these days.  A 2hr journey could be done in 25mins when/if I pass.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• Helzibob

• superjack

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, superjack said:

Got my ticket for the cup final today, I'm struggling to find a bigger "yay".

just wait until final whistle on 25th may

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

just wait until final whistle on 25th may

Good point. What I meant is I can't think of a bigger CURRENT yay.

• 3 weeks later...

These things:

58423726_269893650450304_515888532539691

Absolutely amazing.  It's basically a sausage base, covered like a pizza.

Healthy?  No.

Tasty?  :yas: 

Despite recent grunts from the mother-in-law it seems it's a step too far just now for her to roll down here with the dippy one. Yay!

That sadly means I'm being dragged to theirs for a few days...now where's the seethe thread went?

Edited by IronJambo

19 hours ago, tian447 said:

These things:

Healthy?  No.

My mate that works in their head office was telling me about this yesterday. Said it was an offering with those in mind that can't do bread. I need a shot of one!

51 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Despite recent grunts from the mother-in-law it seems it's a step too far just now for her to roll down here with the dippy one. Yay!

That sadly means I'm being dragged to theirs for a few days...now where's the seethe thread went?

And that folks, is how you send a message board into the depths of despair to the height of ecstasy, in one simple post.

:D

20 hours ago, tian447 said:

These things:

Healthy?  No.

Excuse me, but why the **** has this heavenly creation not been given a thread of its own?

3 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Excuse me, but why the **** has this heavenly creation not been given a thread of its own?

Agreed. Its absolutely majestic :wub:

Do you want to do the honours? You have my full support! :lol:

• 1 month later...

I went clay pigeon shooting today with a group of friends. Thought I’d be lucky to hit one and managed to get about half. Yay! 

On 19/05/2019 at 20:30, tian447 said:

These things:

Healthy?  No.

That's just crying out to be served on a flatbread.

:greggy:

18 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

That's just crying out to be served on a flatbread.

:greggy:

I think m&s have missed their intended market with this one. This is supposed to be an offering for the gluten free mob without having to use a crappy gluten free dough for the base.

Harry Potter
3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Finally fly out to Italy for my wedding in 3 hours. 2 years after booking it. Ciao.

Enjoy.

4 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Finally fly out to Italy for my wedding in 3 hours. 2 years after booking it. Ciao.

Enjoy and congratulations to you and the new Mrs Sooperstar ?

8 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Good luck Geezer!

Image result for italian job lorna charlie

Rick James
9 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

All the best Sooperstar. I fly out to Greece next Tuesday for a wedding.

Thankfully, I'm just observing, and I found out at the weekend it's a free bar too. :yas: 

Sooperstar
4 hours ago, Boris said:

Good luck Geezer!

Image result for italian job lorna charlie

Grazie.

3 hours ago, Locky said:

All the best Sooperstar. I fly out to Greece next Tuesday for a wedding.

Thankfully, I'm just observing, and I found out at the weekend it's a free bar too. :yas: 

Sounds good. No such luxuries for my guests unfortunately. They're far too thirsty for that!

Rick James
2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Grazie.

Sounds good. No such luxuries for my guests unfortunately. They're far too thirsty for that!

I don't think these Greeks are gonna know whats hit them when a first Scot turns up. :D 

• 5 weeks later...

I got up at 11 today and the in-laws were gone. Got home from an easy day at work and they're still gone, apparently safely home in the shittest part of Cumbria. The only trace of them being dirty dishes that the rhino made a bad job of cleaning and THE big jug hiding in a drawer in the spare room. 

I'm watching TV that wasn't filmed pre 1965 because I can. I'm having a glass or 6 of wine and I might even have a wank on the sofa just because I can. 

What a fantastic day. And even if I can't erase images of the Rhino looking like wee (or fat?) Willy winky in her nightdress I still have the comedy of the father in-law trying to eat bare spaghetti before I'd even put the bolognese on his plate. That, along with him trying to eat a pizza slice will never leave me 🤣

Edited by IronJambo

Governor Tarkin
39 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

I had to search 6 pages for this thread. Ffs kickback, can we no be a bit happier?

I know. Shower of miserable *******s.

I must admit, your in-law themed tales of woe lend me brief respite from the tribulations of the daily grind.

I get off the boat two weeks tomorrow though. Yay!

Edited by Governor Tarkin

42 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I know. Shower of miserable *******s.

I must admit, your in-law themed tales of woe lend me brief respite from the tribulations of the daily grind.

I get off the boat two weeks tomorrow though. Yay!

The boat? Sounds horrible! Salty water, wind.....I bet you're counting the days!

Governor Tarkin
19 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

The boat? Sounds horrible! Salty water, wind.....I bet you're counting the days!

It's actually pretty awesome to be fair.

I've been on some rusty tubs, but this one is some piece of engineering.

Can't wait to get home to my wee boy though. He's cut four teeth since I've been away and can now drag himself up to his feet.

Thank **** for satellite internet, wifi, and whatsapp. Yay!

After being let go from my job, which caused quite a deep bout of depression, added to by multiple knockbacks and having to go on universal credit, I'm finally working again after just over a month or so

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

After being let go from my job, which caused quite a deep bout of depression, added to by multiple knockbacks and having to go on universal credit, I'm finally working again after just over a month or so

A month or so isn't a bad turnaround, mate.

Well done. 👍

Keep your chin up.

On 07/04/2019 at 11:48, Helzibob said:

Someone commented that the elephants didn’t trample on him. They tenderised him for the lions.  

:lol: 

5 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

A month or so isn't a bad turnaround, mate.

Well done. 👍

Keep your chin up.

Cheers mate! 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Cade said:

When someone on Grand Designs loses everything they have chasing a vanity project

:yas: :verysmug:

Sounds like an episode worth watching.

Started off where everybody else wants to end up:

Nice £2.4million family home in a remote area with a private stretch of coastline to enjoy with the wife and two kids.

Plenty of cash in the bank to boot.

Then he plans to demolish that nice house to build a Grand Designs vanity project on the site.

Can't get a loan from a bank as this was back in 2010-11.

Ends up taking out a £250k loan from a Hedge Fund.

Uses this to partition his plot of land and starts building a smaller posh house.

As soon as this is weatherproof, he uses it as collateral on a £2.5million loan from a Private Equity firm, at 8%.

Yes, EIGHT PERCENT.

Immediately moves the family into smaller rented accommodation and knocks down the original house.

Begins groundworks, which are extreme as the house will be built on a crumbling sandstone cliff which will quickly erode so they drive 25-metre piles all the down to bedrock to anchor it.

This takes 6 months longer than planned.

The exposed location and high winds add years to the project.

Eventually he blows through almost all the cash from the loans.

Takes out more loans.

Has to try to finish the smaller posh house in order to sell it to recoup his losses and pay back something.

Can't sell it for anything like the price he wants due to the massive building site next door.

Decides to hang on to it until the big house is done so he'll get a good price.

A few more years pass.

Kevin returns to find him alone in a deserted building site.

Wife's left him due to him now being £4million in debt, with no house to live in and the big vanity house not even half finished.

The kids have grown up and flown the nest, so the big family home won't be of any use anyways.

He can't sell the smaller posh house at all because health&safety laws concerning the dangerous building site next door means nobody can live there permanently.

Even if he does somehow get another loan to finish the big house, he'll have to sell both properties immediately and even then probably still not clear his debts.

So he's now facing bankruptcy, divorced, childless and having to sell all his land and property.

13 minutes ago, Cade said:

Nice £2.4million family home in a remote area with a private stretch of coastline to enjoy with the wife and two kids.

Then he plans to demolish that nice house to build a Grand Designs vanity project on the site.

Uses this to partition his plot of land and starts building a smaller posh house.

As soon as this is weatherproof, he uses it as collateral on a £2.5million loan from a Private Equity firm, at 8%.

Yes, EIGHT PERCENT.

Immediately moves the family into smaller rented accommodation and knocks down the original house.

Begins groundworks, which are extreme as the house will be built on a crumbling sandstone cliff which will quickly erode so they drive 25-metre piles all the down to bedrock to anchor it.

Takes out more loans.

Has to try to finish the smaller posh house in order to sell it to recoup his losses and pay back something.

Can't sell it for anything like the price he wants due to the massive building site next door.

A few more years pass.

Wife's left him due to him now being £4million in debt, with no house to live in and the big vanity house not even half finished.

The kids have grown up and flown the nest, so the big family home won't be of any use anyways.

He can't sell the smaller posh house at all because health&safety laws concerning the dangerous building site next door means nobody can live there permanently.

Even if he does somehow get another loan to finish the big house, he'll have to sell both properties immediately and even then probably still not clear his debts.

So he's now facing bankruptcy, divorced, childless and having to sell all his land and property.

he will just release another euphoria album to try and cover his losses

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Yes, EIGHT PERCENT.

Takes out more loans.

A few more years pass.

What a bloody choob.

Салатные палочки

After 20 years of being legally allowed to drive, I finally passed my driving test today. 

Edit. I haven't been trying for 20 years BTW. First time. 

:jjyay:

Edited by Salad Fingers

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

After 20 years of being legally allowed to drive, I finally passed my driving test today. 

Yay!

8 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Well done mate. It’s the greatest feeling when the examiner says “you’ve passed”.

Bridge of Djoum
On 14/10/2019 at 05:34, Salad Fingers said:

Just passed my test this morning, 1st time of asking. (46 years old) 

I guess it’s easier over here, automatic cars,  mostly straight roads. Also If you’re over 18 in Rhode Island your permit, (provisional) allows you to drive alone with no supervision, which I found odd. Nevertheless I’m delighted and just a bit proud today. 

Well done to you! 

On 14/10/2019 at 19:21, iantjambo said:

Well done mate. It’s the greatest feeling when the examiner says “you’ve passed”.

I’ve had that feeling twice 😂. Second time was the advanced test ! 

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Just passed my test this morning, 1st time of asking. (46 years old) 

I guess it’s easier over here, automatic cars,  mostly straight roads. Also If you’re over 18 in Rhode Island your permit, (provisional) allows you to drive alone with no supervision, which I found odd. Nevertheless I’m delighted and just a bit proud today. 

Well done to you! 

Nice one. Im 37 so a latecomer to the party also but what a feeling. Makes me wish I had done it yeara ago but I honestly didn't really need to drive up until about a year ago. 

Well done man :jjyay:

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Nice one. Im 37 so a latecomer to the party also but what a feeling. Makes me wish I had done it yeara ago but I honestly didn't really need to drive up until about a year ago. 

Well done man :jjyay:

Yeah I’ve always lived in big cities, 

London, Edinburgh, New York. Never really had to drive. The main reason I eventually did it was so if the kids, (4&5) get restless I can just chuck them in the car and go somewhere a bit more fun, or drop them off at their grandparents in Cape Cod which isn’t far from us. 

The best east part is I’m gonna go buy my own motor. The wife has a Kia truck, I want something a bit more “me”. Been looking up the old style Land Rover Defenders today. Found a couple well priced.