Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• TyphoonJambo

• Dirkdiggler77

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

maroondevo52

I remember in the 70's we toiled to keep the main part of the shed when either Celtic or Rangers visited.

There was a couple of times when Rangers had very low crowds and we were able to take the shed back.

Remember my brother getting his face re arranged when trying to get through Celtic fans when swapping ends at half time.

1 hour ago, Dirkdiggler77 said:

1428617034-tumblr-nlkz9e4qmc1t0jzb1o1-1280.thumb.jpg.0d7f598c296ce51f080a474832ed938e.jpgOk thank you for that, so to finally put my feeble brain out of it's misery can you answer me one thing

What percentage of home supporters watch Bloomberg and how many have those Beards

Hey, Dirk?

How come you found a picture of a tube with a beard on your device?

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Hey, Dirk?

How come you found a picture of a tube with a beard on your device?

Nowt wrang wi beards Morgan, Interloper alert do you reckon?

7 hours ago, garybwick said:

Always at the corner of the shed, seemed to be where all the crazy ones were.

The real hard Hearts Fans always stood between the RRs in front of the RefReshments, yep that’s where they were!!

J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, Dirkdiggler77 said:

My Purpose coming here was  entirely innocent

But the snarky comments haven't helped

The fact you replied in the way you did told all i needed to know

Edinburgh's a lovely city and Hearts have always been its main team.

I was dragged up in one of the not so salubrious parts (by no means the worst) and Heart of Midlothian, in fitbaw terms, for what it may be worth, is a lovely fitbaw club.

We have fans from all parts of the city, affluent or otherwise. Sadly, we don't claim to qualify for that downtrodden, warrior poet tag. But then, for the most part, we haven't had reason to.

Maybe some day. :(

There are plenty rough areas in Edinburgh that are full of bams, Edinburgh just does a better job of hiding them than other cities.

Hearts also have very strong support in former mining towns in Midlothian that might be described as extremely working class.

17 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Interloper alert do you reckon?

I certainly think so, FinnBarr.

Or, a ::troll::

11 hours ago, Le Chat said:

There are plenty rough areas in Edinburgh that are full of bams, Edinburgh just does a better job of hiding them than other cities.

Hearts also have very strong support in former mining towns in Midlothian that might be described as extremely working class.

I'm from Penicuik, massively Jambo. Virtually every decent sized town in the Lothians has or used to have a Hearts bus. A lot of Fife towns have or have had. Lots of jambos in Peebles Gala Kelso too.

FERRY HEARTS

Us Ferry guys used to stand just to the right of centre below the bogs 

Lot of our team were from a mixed domain  and if team weren’t playing well battles would start due to the nature of the club party songs back in the day 😬

any excuse for a battle from the lads in they days HHGH 

Dirkdiggler77
On 21/08/2020 at 01:14, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Edinburgh's a lovely city and Hearts have always been its main team.

I was dragged up in one of the not so salubrious parts (by no means the worst) and Heart of Midlothian, in fitbaw terms, for what it may be worth, is a lovely fitbaw club.

We have fans from all parts of the city, affluent or otherwise. Sadly, we don't claim to qualify for that downtrodden, warrior poet tag. But then, for the most part, we haven't had reason to.

Maybe some day. :(

12 hours ago, TorinoJambo said:

I'm from Penicuik, massively Jambo. Virtually every decent sized town in the Lothians has or used to have a Hearts bus. A lot of Fife towns have or have had. Lots of jambos in Peebles Gala Kelso too.

Thank you- That is all i was after a straight answer to an honest question

My perception was of a a multinational wealthy City which wouldn't normally lend it's self to having a strong Footballing fanbase

I apologize for derailing your thread i will let you get back to it and slip out the back now

On 20/08/2020 at 20:22, Willie Hamilton genius said:

I do hope that Cleri figure doesn't include Drummies.

A totally separate breed! 

Very true, I used to live there :laugh:

2 hours ago, Dirkdiggler77 said:

My perception was of a a multinational wealthy City which wouldn't normally lend it's self to having a strong Footballing fanbase

I apologize for derailing your thread i will let you get back to it and slip out the back now

I for one ,my friend , don't have a problem with your query. A lot of people come to Edinburgh and take on that perception, but there are many rough parts too. I have never lived in Edinburgh (10 miles south) but a decent part of our support is from outside the city. 

4 hours ago, Dirkdiggler77 said:

Tbh I didn't think there was much wrong with your enquiry.

On 14/10/2018 at 00:23, Michael stewart said:

I can remember hearts fans fighting each other against Dundee Utd at hampden semi

Definitely happened as an older friend told me about the bother at the back of the West Terracing (Mount Florida) where he was on the receiving end of an undeserved scudding.

Fighting at both games with United and Hearts fans.

On 14/10/2018 at 00:23, Michael stewart said:

I can remember hearts fans fighting each other against Dundee Utd at hampden semi

On 25/03/2019 at 11:16, Marvin said:

You talking about 1986? It never happened. Hobo troll type post imo.

On 26/03/2019 at 07:31, Le Chat said:

I don't recall any scrapping at the 1986 semi.

There was however a scrap just down from me in the semi the following year against St Mirren.

Semi Final 86, fighting before and after the game, im sure celtic were away to St.Midden that day, the pub we stopped off at was full of them, i was too young to be involved or contemplate being involved, full on scrap in the pub car park. 

And again after the game the bus stopped off for a celebratory drink, first final in 10 years and they ended up scrapping with celtic fans again.

But Hearts fans fighting with each other ? if so it had to be isolated but my guess would be back in 1974.

On 20/08/2020 at 15:33, TypoonJambo said:

I remember stood in the shed, towards the front, and a line of kids walked along the bottom 2 steps. Pringles and staypress. The entire shed ripped the shit out of them. 

Wouldnt say they were kids as they were a few years older than me and a few of them were from the area i grew up.

I remember they congregated at the pylon, The Shed didn't take too kindly of the dressers standing there, a stand off between the two sets ( to be honest a dozen or so trendies against The Shed wasn't even numbers ) and they reluctantly left.

The Main Stand Enclosure and the Wheatfield Entrance/Exit side of the benches was their next gathering place.

'Casuals Casuals Get Tae ****,  Casuals Get Tae ****' was the song sung. 

Edited by dannymack

On 20/08/2020 at 23:51, Jambo-Fox said:

The real hard Hearts Fans always stood between the RRs in front of the RefReshments, yep that’s where they were!!

Yes, indeed and I was constantly told not by my dad not to go there (and I've seen others on here over the years say the same thing).  Obviously I just ignored him. 

Heart of Darkness
45 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Wouldnt say they were kids as they were a few years older than me and a few of them were from the area i grew up.

I remember they congregated at the pylon, The Shed didn't take too kindly of the dressers standing there, a stand off between the two sets ( to be honest a dozen or so trendies against The Shed wasn't even numbers ) and they reluctantly left.

The Main Stand Enclosure and the Wheatfield Entrance/Exit side of the benches was their next gathering place.

That's the way I remember it happening in 84/85 season (not sure if 83/84)

There was definitely lots of younger lads (14/20) left the Shed to join the casuals in the 85/86 season.

I reckon because the Shed was such a  big  thing that enjoyed the Shed/Casual rivalry was the reason the Hearts Casuals never got the big numbers that Hibs did who's scarvers praised and encouraged their behavior. 

The 74 semi final against Dundee Utd was chaos after the game considering it was such a small crowd half bricks flying everywhere putting both sets of fans next to one another wasn't the brightest idea in the world good fun though

Weakened Offender
4 hours ago, dannymack said:

The Shed didn't take too kindly of the dressers standing there, a stand off between the two sets ( to be honest a dozen or so trendies against The Shed wasn't even numbers ) and they reluctantly left.

The dressers were known to give it back, often away from the ground when in larger numbers. Know quite a few supporters who got a hard time from the Hearts casuals back in the day. 

8 hours ago, Heart of Darkness said:

That's the way I remember it happening in 84/85 season (not sure if 83/84)

There was definitely lots of younger lads (14/20) left the Shed to join the casuals in the 85/86 season.

I reckon because the Shed was such a  big  thing that enjoyed the Shed/Casual rivalry was the reason the Hearts Casuals never got the big numbers that Hibs did who's scarvers praised and encouraged their behavior. 

Around half a dozen lads turned casual early 1984 but didn't get the numbers until August 84.  

As we all know at that time the ' Gorgie Aggro ' were still there or thereabouts but it wasn't until after Hibs in April 85 at Tynecastle that the violence on the terraces and on the streets took a back seat from then on in leaving the casuals to try an emulate the Aberdeen and Motherwell lads. Hibs are just a mob who built up their notoriety on numbers, bullies and liberty takers who still claim to this day they are untouchable. Any Hearts fan who switched allegiance to that lot are unquestionably low life and we all know the names.

5 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

The dressers were known to give it back, often away from the ground when in larger numbers. Know quite a few supporters who got a hard time from the Hearts casuals back in the day. 

Always deemed as cowards by some but were soon stuck for words and tails tucked between the legs if words were exchanged. 

Hearts fans were quick to encourage and help out especially on the waste grounds in and around Parkhead.

24 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Around half a dozen lads turned casual early 1984 but didn't get the numbers until August 84.  

As we all know at that time the ' Gorgie Aggro ' were still there or thereabouts but it wasn't until after Hibs in April 85 at Tynecastle that the violence on the terraces and on the streets took a back seat from then on in leaving the casuals to try an emulate the Aberdeen and Motherwell lads. Hibs are just a mob who built up their notoriety on numbers, bullies and liberty takers who still claim to this day they are untouchable. Any Hearts fan who switched allegiance to that lot are unquestionably low life and we all know the names.

Always deemed as cowards by some but were soon stuck for words and tails tucked between the legs if words were exchanged. 

Hearts fans were quick to encourage and help out especially on the waste grounds in and around Parkhead.

The waste grounds in and around Parkhead? Can you narrow it down a bit, that's the best part of a city 😂 

Heart of Darkness
1 hour ago, dannymack said:

Hell yeah!! Parkhead was an all hands on deck type of battle. 💣💥

1 hour ago, Mister T said:

The waste grounds in and around Parkhead? Can you narrow it down a bit, that's the best part of a city 😂 

True, very true.... 🤣

Those waste grounds where the buses used to park to be precise.😉

26 minutes ago, Heart of Darkness said:

They've hated us ever since the Hearts stood up to their numbers at the cup game back in 1983. 

Doctor FinnBarr
14 minutes ago, dannymack said:

True, very true.... 🤣

Those waste grounds where the buses used to park to be precise.😉

Out the East Terracing, across London road and along a street then you had the "bus park" where all the ammo from demolished slums lay.

On 23/08/2020 at 13:08, dannymack said:

"It's magic, you know, Jam Tarts and casuals don't go" is another I recall. 

Oneneilberry
23 hours ago, dannymack said:

Hearts casuals took a lot of stick ..they were actually game as **** ,didn’t carry the inflated numbers that Hibs had as you said

plenty good lads in amongst them 

Doctor FinnBarr

The original casual movement in Scotland as we all know started in Aberdeen. I can remember sitting in my local after a home game and the local Rangers bus coming back from Pittodrie and they were all giving us flyers that were getting handed out before the game. Pretty much said "Hearts think their hard, lets give them a pasting next week" and it was signed by Aberdeen Soccer Casuals. We were sitting scratching our heads as to what a soccer casual actually was when someone told us it was fans who didn't wear scarfs and kinda dressed trendy. I take it most folks either seen or heard of these flyers because there was a bit of carnage in the streets of Aberdeen the following week as anyone trendy looking without a scarf got banjoed. Most weren't even going to the game at a guess.

On 24/08/2020 at 23:08, FinnBarr Saunders said:

The original casual movement in Scotland as we all know started in Aberdeen. I can remember sitting in my local after a home game and the local Rangers bus coming back from Pittodrie and they were all giving us flyers that were getting handed out before the game. Pretty much said "Hearts think their hard, lets give them a pasting next week" and it was signed by Aberdeen Soccer Casuals. We were sitting scratching our heads as to what a soccer casual actually was when someone told us it was fans who didn't wear scarfs and kinda dressed trendy. I take it most folks either seen or heard of these flyers because there was a bit of carnage in the streets of Aberdeen the following week as anyone trendy looking without a scarf got banjoed. Most weren't even going to the game at a guess.

I read the Aberdeen casual book written by Jay Allan. Didn't particularly want to but the Sheepie who gave me it said I'd be interested in the parts about Hearts. Funniest bit was at the end. He listed all the teams in Scotland and "assessed" their casuals. For us he said "don't really have a lot of casuals - but they don't need to because their ordinary fans, of all ages, are crazy.

15 minutes ago, TorinoJambo said:

I read the Aberdeen casual book written by Jay Allan. Didn't particularly want to but the Sheepie who gave me it said I'd be interested in the parts about Hearts. Funniest bit was at the end. He listed all the teams in Scotland and "assessed" their casuals. For us he said "don't really have a lot of casuals - but they don't need to because their ordinary fans, of all ages, are crazy.

Good analysis. 😄

maroonsgotop
On 24/08/2020 at 23:08, FinnBarr Saunders said:

thought it started in Motherwell and the big casual 'dust up' was between them and Aberdeen. Hibs got involved later I recall and those 3 were the main casual teams in Scotland. I was always a scarfer😁

Went with the casuals pretty much from day one. Said it before on here, loved every minute of it. Loads of cowards did jump ship in the 80s to that mob down the road. Kind of defeated the purpose imo, better off in a tighter mob where your guaranteed a scrap as opposed to "the best mob" where most teams were on their toes. 

We all have varied opinions of the casual scene but without doubt most were/are some of hearts most loyal fans. Fact. 

48 minutes ago, Bringitbak said:

Went with the casuals pretty much from day one. Said it before on here, loved every minute of it. Loads of cowards did jump ship in the 80s to that mob down the road. Kind of defeated the purpose imo, better off in a tighter mob where your guaranteed a scrap as opposed to "the best mob" where most teams were on their toes. 

We all have varied opinions of the casual scene but without doubt most were/are some of hearts most loyal fans. Fact. 

:berra:

18 hours ago, Bringitbak said:

We all have varied opinions of the casual scene but without doubt most were/are some of hearts most loyal fans. Fact

Definitely agree with that. 

I've met a number of the original lads on Pre season tours, European tours etc, the game is over for them and has been for years but they still follow the club, could never understand why their loyalty was always questioned.

On 28/08/2020 at 13:35, TorinoJambo said:

there`s a book called top boys which has an interview with an aberdeen casual called mr. m. one question was who was the most violent, crazy set of supporters you ever came across? 

his answer was "hearts scarfers from the early 80`s. they never really took to the scene as their support was made up of punks and skins. before the casual scene, the gorgie aggro were one of the most violent set of fans in scotland. they were always a difficult test for the asc, even when we had good numbers. one game when aberdeen won the league in 1984 on a wednesday night, the gorgie lads waited for the asc to come out of the ground and attacked from all angles, forcing us back into our end. eventually we managed to get back out and there was fighting all the way back to the train station miles away."

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, tedarmy said:

there`s a book called top boys which has an interview with an aberdeen casual called mr. m. one question was who was the most violent, crazy set of supporters you ever came across? 

his answer was "hearts scarfers from the early 80`s. they never really took to the scene as their support was made up of punks and skins. before the casual scene, the gorgie aggro were one of the most violent set of fans in scotland. they were always a difficult test for the asc, even when we had good numbers. one game when aberdeen won the league in 1984 on a wednesday night, the gorgie lads waited for the asc to come out of the ground and attacked from all angles, forcing us back into our end. eventually we managed to get back out and there was fighting all the way back to the train station miles away."

Stopped being part of the aggro when i joined up in 81 but before that it was proper mental. Many a scrape with the Drylaw and District. Some proper scary blokes around then. 

• 2 weeks later...
pettigrewsstylist
On 24/08/2020 at 00:15, Heart of Darkness said:

Was mental on a dark midweek post match. Not many would come back to football these days after having fought their way home like we used to have to. Got my nose broken as a 14 yr old by a mid 30s gorilla on that bus park.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Heart of Darkness
8 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Was mental on a dark midweek post match. Not many would come back to football these days after having fought their way home like we used to have to. Got my nose broken as a 14 yr old by a mid 30s gorilla on that bus park.

Yeah I remember one particular dark Wednesday night where there were battles all over & around the car park. 

Can't remember Hearts ever coming out 2nd best against their sneaky bottle throwing mob!! 

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 06/12/2015 at 14:20, Graham Thomson said:

Rangers scored there first goal before the official kick of time of 3pm

Johnstone on the deck with nobody near him. Free kick Rangers. 

I was in the stand for the Rangers replay in 1986 which we won with a late donald ford goal.  Place was packed to the door. Rangers and Hearts supporters were separated in the shed by lines of police.

It all set off long before the goal.  A massive brawl.  Dozens of arrests and they were paraded round the track and right in front of us.  Many were bleeding.  Selective and impressive police work as all were dressed in blue.

On 29/08/2020 at 13:14, Bringitbak said:

I bet youre middle aged now and STILL think its good to start fights in the street with fellow knuckle draggers. Bet you even sing the billy boys as well.

It's OK to let it go you know.

Edited by Pans Jambo

A_A wehatethehibs
20 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I bet youre middle aged now and STILL think its good to start fights in the street with fellow knuckle draggers. Bet you even sing the billy boys as well.

A bit rich coming from a Panner… 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

A bit rich coming from a Panner… 

The "Pans" isn't a team mate. There druggies, neds, knuckle draggers and even worse, hibbies down here. Bet there's far more in Edinburgh though!

15 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Whatever I think or do , it's none of your business mate. Just expressing my opinion. Pretty sure you do/have done some stuff in your life I don't particularly agree with but unlike a lot of guffys on here I don't judge. 

But you carry on calling people names from safety of your wee room . 

Superb!

Doctor FinnBarr
51 minutes ago, Bringitbak said:

Whatever I think or do , it's none of your business mate. Just expressing my opinion. Pretty sure you do/have done some stuff in your life I don't particularly agree with but unlike a lot of guffys on here I don't judge. 

But you carry on calling people names from safety of your wee room . 

Superb!

If it wasn't anyone else's business why would you bother posting it up? LOOK AT ME< LOOK AT ME

On 30/08/2020 at 14:03, tedarmy said:

Wonder if this brings back memories.