The Shed

Graham Thomson

A Shoreditch Heart
46 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I remember painting hearts colours onto hard hats, just so you could stand in the shed without worrying about darts and golf balls 

ha, yeah I remember those - there were a quite a few of 'builders white hats' with the crest in the shed late '70's and early eighties 

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• TyphoonJambo

• Dirkdiggler77

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, garybwick said:

Always at the corner of the shed, seemed to be where all the crazy ones were.

Under the Refreshments stall was pretty bad too.

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Dirkdiggler77 said:

Afternoon- I am new on here so i can't create a post myself but this topic may be relevant enough to ask

About Hearts support- I read a lot that you have the best support in Scotland and i have seen the video's ect to back it up

But i wonder where does the support come from? because from what i understand and read about Edinburgh is that it is very Affluent and also the kind of city that is so multi national that you struggle to find many people who are actually Born and bred Edinbronian (is that a word)

so it's quite an anomaly it seems to have such a loyal passionate fanbase

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks

Tell me Dirk, from where do you hail? 

Dirkdiggler77
2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Tell me Dirk, from where do you hail? 

Bristol England

I'm sorry for being nosey but i am interested in fan bases

I really like weird ones that don't make sense like say Burnley where they have only 80000 people but 20 odd thousand season ticket holders

But Middle Class areas like say Fulham while they might get numbers it's not what you would call a hardcore support

TyphoonJambo
16 minutes ago, Dirkdiggler77 said:

Bristol England

I really like weird ones that don't make sense like say Burnley where they have only 80000 people but 20 odd thousand season ticket holders

But Middle Class areas like say Fulham while they might get numbers it's not what you would call a hardcore support

Well, believe me, Dirk, Edinburgh fans come from all social classes. The lads from Niddrie, Drylaw and Muirhouse would disagree with the "Affluent" classification. 

Dirkdiggler77
4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Well, believe me, Dirk, Edinburgh fans come from all social classes. The lads from Niddrie, Drylaw and Muirhouse would disagree with the "Affluent" classification. 

I am not making a judgement i am only going by what i have read

And it does make sense given that Edinburgh is one of Europe's most grand city's looks wise the elite schools and such

I don't doubt there are rough pockets but generally speaking it is usually hard up working class scoundrels who are known for having a boisterous Fan base

Dirkdiggler77
19 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Can't believe i bit😭

Do you think i am on a wind up?

Edinburgh is posh is it not? widely regarded so in fact

All i am saying is it's rather impressive that such a place produces such a support, its rare

Seaside jambo
7 minutes ago, Dirkdiggler77 said:

Do you think i am on a wind up?

Edinburgh is posh is it not? widely regarded so in fact

All i am saying is it's rather impressive that such a place produces such a support, its rare

Yes very posh here , I was just saying to my friends Findlay and Crawford on the way back to Niddrie how wonderful it is to have a well behaved and understanding support 

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, garybwick said:

What was the foul for , for first goal, nothing changes eh, was there was 12 went with my Dad and Uncle and cousin, he got punched by a couple of them , can't remember what happened, missed the coach home and had to get a taxi, we got in for nothing as they had to open the gates in the Celtic end as it was heaving with people pushing.

Ma erse hadn't even made contact with the seat before that first one went in.

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, Dirkdiggler77 said:

Afternoon- I am new on here so i can't create a post myself but this topic may be relevant enough to ask

About Hearts support- I read a lot that you have the best support in Scotland and i have seen the video's ect to back it up

But i wonder where does the support come from? because from what i understand and read about Edinburgh is that it is very Affluent and also the kind of city that is so multi national that you struggle to find many people who are actually Born and bred Edinbronian (is that a word)

so it's quite an anomaly it seems to have such a loyal passionate fanbase

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks

Hearts support comes from as you say "affluent" Edinburgh but also the mining communities of Lothian and Fife.

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Seaside jambo said:

Yes very posh here , I was just saying to my friends Findlay and Crawford on the way back to Niddrie how wonderful it is to have a well behaved and understanding support 

Yep, farguar and i were just promulgating over the very same point. Do we get smashed in the Gunner or carry on our travels into the back waters  of the area of the Norhet. Perchance there we could meet the leser backed drunken pisedoothisheedoannarcotics type local before bending a sharp right into Cramond. 

Away and write yer thesis somewhere else. We've got life to deal with. 

Seaside jambo
2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Yep, farguar and i were just promulgating over the very same point. Do we get smashed in the Gunner or carry on our travels into the back waters  of the area of the Norhet. Perchance there we could meet the leser backed drunken pisedoothisheedoannarcotics type local before bending a sharp right into Cramond. 

Away and write yer thesis somewhere else. We've got life to deal with. 

🤣

A Shoreditch Heart
7 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Ma erse hadn't even made contact with the seat before that first one went in.

yeah, was there too and have watched 'the highlights' a few times on you tube since. Just looked at the footage again on here for the first time in years and never noticed the 'foul'.  Eh what - the foul in the first 20 seconds - what an absolutely bleedin' shocking decision - aaaargh!

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Im that posh Ive been known to remove the dishes from the sink before having a pish.

Thats just showing off!

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Im that posh Ive been known to remove the dishes from the sink before having a pish.

Class, i dreamt of meeting a burd that classy. You fron Celermiston? 

9 minutes ago, been here before said:

Known as night heads in the Navy. Nice one 😂

1 hour ago, Dirkdiggler77 said:

Bristol England

:gok:

Dirkdiggler77

Edinburgh.jpe.66d0980787ee7154212173cd1f9a3da7.jpe

Edinburgh 

glasgow.png.d9455890381e19a33c2e5225292c5db3.pngGateside-Prison.jpg.9c3fe1a15736eba1f2e66db6fab915b8.jpg

Glasgow

Why are you trying to pretend that you are just an average town?

Are you embarrassed that you have it better than everybody else and playing it down

Edited by Dirkdiggler77

1 minute ago, Dirkdiggler77 said:

Edinburgh 

glasgow.png.d9455890381e19a33c2e5225292c5db3.pngGateside-Prison.jpg.9c3fe1a15736eba1f2e66db6fab915b8.jpg

Glasgow

Are you embarrassed that you have it better than everybody else and it's not as cool or what

Edinburgh is nicer than Glasgow. I don’t think that point ever needs to be made but I’ve no idea what you’re banging on about. You’re genuinely surprised that people support hearts because Edinburgh’s a nice place?

been here before
34 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Class, i dreamt of meeting a burd that classy. You fron Celermiston? 

My butler is from Clermiston.

Im from Bristol.

Dirkdiggler77
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Edinburgh is nicer than Glasgow. I don’t think that point ever needs to be made but I’ve no idea what you’re banging on about. You’re genuinely surprised that people support hearts because Edinburgh’s a nice place?

Yeah kind of

Usually the big loud fanatical support bases of the world are poor working class cities

Naples, Buenos Aries, Newcastle, Liverpool, Seville, Marseille

I am not saying Hearts are in their league but it did strike me as a bit unusual that's all

Like i said i'm just curious i am not trying to wind people up i know people get touchy over their Cities but it's just and honest question from an observation 

Seaside jambo

Don’t think we are trying to pretend anything. Like many cities we have affluent areas and not so affluent ones . What we do have that no one else has , is Heart of Midlothian football club , a club with a history like no other, the best supporters in the land . please don’t take offence by my reply 

ALWAYS HEARTS ONLY HEARTS 

1 minute ago, Dirkdiggler77 said:

Yeah kind of

Usually the big loud fanatical support bases of the world are poor working class cities

Naples, Buenos Aries, Newcastle, Liverpool, Seville, Marseille

I am not saying Hearts are in their league but it did strike me as a bit unusual that's all

Like i said i'm just curious i am not trying to wind people up i know people get touchy over their Cities but it's just and honest question from an observation 

Edinburgh is like a lot of other cities. With a population of 500,000 plus lots of outlying regions before you reach another city, the fan base of hearts is from a vast and very diverse group of people. London is a very rich city but it doesn’t mean Chelsea struggle for fans. 

Dirkdiggler77

See this is why i ask these random things, they are good

Next time i am out and about and someone say's to me 'Ah Edinburgh,Full of pretentious rich *****' 

I can say no they aren't actually 

And it's purely because of the Football that singled them out for me to want to even ask the question

Edited by Dirkdiggler77

Dirkdiggler77
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Edinburgh is like a lot of other cities. With a population of 500,000 plus lots of outlying regions before you reach another city, the fan base of hearts is from a vast and very diverse group of people. London is a very rich city but it doesn’t mean Chelsea struggle for fans. 

Yes but how many are from the Heart of Hearts and how many from the fringes

Fringes don't count

I’ve mentioned this before but it still riles me to this day, therefore you are getting this reminder of the scum , imagine the scene ,thin blue line between us and the shist then known as rangers   As a 15 year old , wearing my scarf covered with every badge in our history that was possible to have ,the SHED,was our haven, standing ,chanting and very very proud ,one of these little beauties thought it was time to see what between the nice young policemen’s feet, the copper nearest actually saw this and nodded for me to go pick it up , not such a good idea in hindsight, the boots came flying through the coppers legs , blood everywhere, the first tooth I lost in anger👍👍👍👍👍     🤮

never lost the love for the SHED ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️.    ❤️

9 minutes ago, Dirkdiggler77 said:

Yes but how many are from the Heart of Hearts and how many from the fringes

Fringes don't count

At the average game there are about 4000 from Edinburgh city centre, 1000 from Clermiston, 1000 from wester hailes, 1000 from Niddrie, 1000 from south queensferry, 1000 from balerno/Currie, 1000 from West Lothian, 1000 from East Lothian, 1000 from Fife, 1000 from Midlothian, 1000 from oxgangs, 1000 from longstone, 1000 from leith and the rest are made up of Chinese tourists and rangers fans out to cause trouble and bring hearts a bad name. 

Edited by GinRummy

Seaside jambo
Just now, GinRummy said:

At the average game there are about 4000 from Edinburgh city centre, 1000 from Clermiston, 1000 from wester hailes, 1000 from Niddrie, 1000 from south queensferry, 1000 from balerno/Currie, 1000 from West Lothian, 1000 from East Lothian, 1000 from West Lothian, 1000 from Midlothian, 1000 from oxgangs, 1000 from longstone, 1000 from leith and the rest are made up of Chinese tourists and rangers fans out to cause trouble and bring hearts a bad name. 

A few fi portobello 

TyphoonJambo
29 minutes ago, been here before said:

My butler is from Clermiston.

Im from Bristol.

😂😂

Weakened Offender

I remember Hearts fans scrapping with each other, mainly Livi v Saville Travel v The Shed. The support was very territorial in the first division days and wee flare ups were common. 

maroonsgotop
41 minutes ago, Dirkdiggler77 said:

Edinburgh 

Glasgow

Are you embarrassed that you have it better than everybody else and playing it down

we're from the capital.....................................

Willie Hamilton genius
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

At the average game there are about 4000 from Edinburgh city centre, 1000 from Clermiston, 1000 from wester hailes, 1000 from Niddrie, 1000 from south queensferry, 1000 from balerno/Currie, 1000 from West Lothian, 1000 from East Lothian, 1000 from Fife, 1000 from Midlothian, 1000 from oxgangs, 1000 from longstone, 1000 from leith and the rest are made up of Chinese tourists and rangers fans out to cause trouble and bring hearts a bad name. 

I do hope that Cleri figure doesn't include Drummies.

A totally separate breed! 

1 minute ago, Willie Hamilton genius said:

I do hope that Cleri figure doesn't include Drummies.

A totally separate breed! 

For statistical purposes I’ve had to lump them in with the fifers. Not an exact science this.  

Willie Hamilton genius
Just now, GinRummy said:

For statistical purposes I’ve had to lump them in with the fifers. Not an exact science this.  

How dare you!

🙃

Seaside jambo
40 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Sorry mate, didn’t mean to miss you guys out. 

A know mate no problem after all we’re from one of the affluent areas 😂

I totally agree with your post 

Dirkdiggler77

1428617034-tumblr-nlkz9e4qmc1t0jzb1o1-1280.thumb.jpg.0d7f598c296ce51f080a474832ed938e.jpgOk thank you for that, so to finally put my feeble brain out of it's misery can you answer me one thing

What percentage of home supporters watch Bloomberg and how many have those Beards

Edited by Dirkdiggler77

6 minutes ago, Dirkdiggler77 said:

1428617034-tumblr-nlkz9e4qmc1t0jzb1o1-1280.thumb.jpg.0d7f598c296ce51f080a474832ed938e.jpgOk thank you for that, so to finally put my feeble brain out of it's misery can you answer me one thing

What percentage of home supporters watch Bloomberg and how many have those Beards

You’re welcome dirk. Nobody watches Bloomberg anymore, information and insights into the financial markets, investing and macro-economics as well as detailed company information are freely available online 24/7. I suspect you have that beard and it’s a struggle for you each day whether to reach for the beard cream or the jumbo pack of paracetamol when you open your bathroom cabinet. 

Dirkdiggler77
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You’re welcome dirk. Nobody watches Bloomberg anymore, information and insights into the financial markets, investing and macro-economics as well as detailed company information are freely available online 24/7. I suspect you have that beard and it’s a struggle for you each day whether to reach for the beard cream or the jumbo pack of paracetamol when you open your bathroom cabinet. 

I'll take that as a yes

8 minutes ago, Dirkdiggler77 said:

I'll take that as a yes

You’ll take it as a yes to a question that asked for a number as an answer? Are you on the internet because everyone in real life finds you awful company or is it because you mistakenly think you’re smart enough to troll? Hint - don’t answer yes Because it’s not a yes/no question. 

Edited by GinRummy

5 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

I remember painting hearts colours onto hard hats, just so you could stand in the shed without worrying about darts and golf balls 

That was a fashion among my mates, around 1969. There was a huge Wimpey site in Penicuik and we went foraging for hard hats when it was closed. My mate Dave's dad was ace at painting them. All the younger guys on our bus had them.

Dirkdiggler77
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You’ll take it as a yes to a question that asked for a number as an answer? Are you on the internet because everyone in real life finds you awful company or is it because you mistakenly think you’re smart enough to troll? Hint - don’t answer yes Because it’s not a yes/no question. 

My Purpose coming here was  entirely innocent

But the snarky comments haven't helped

The fact you replied in the way you did told all i needed to know

4 minutes ago, Dirkdiggler77 said:

My Purpose coming here was  entirely innocent

But the snarky comments haven't helped

The fact you replied in the way you did told all i needed to know

It’s too late to pull it back now. Try this and come back in a few  years  

image.jpeg