The Shed

Graham Thomson

8 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

The shed i certainly miss the loud atmosphere, but do not miss the pee running down the terracing.??.

Or the back of your jeans :lol: 

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• TyphoonJambo

• Dirkdiggler77

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2 January 2018 at 21:57, Morgan said:

That Rangers game John?

Not ashamed to admit it was the first time that I literally ‘almost wet myself’. When the Hearts turned back on the Huns they ran like feck. Nobody in these days (barring maybe Celtic) 'DARED' TO RUN AT RANGERS.

After the 2-2 match in 1984 when Robbo scored a late equaliser, a mob of Hun ran into a squad of Hearts fans up Slateford way. Didn't turn out good for them. 

Also heard a funny story from an older Rangers fan years ago and I'm not sure if anyone can confirm?  Apparently Rangers, Hearts and Celtic supporters buses pulled into a petrol station at the same time on the way back from their travels.

As expected it kicked off. After a few minutes of scuffles and incidents,  the drivers of each bus were calling on everyone to get back on their coaches. (With probably some choice language). 

He said everyone seemed to stop immediately as if it was a final whistle and went back to their respective transport :lol: 

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 23:41, Graham Thomson said:

I was speaking to a colleague yesterday and we got talking about the old shed under the cameras in the 70s we were talking about the gang culture in Edinburgh at the time and how each gang had there space in the shed and on a few days when the football was not exactly entertaining it would kick off in the shed between Hearts fans from rival gangs!!

So who did rule the shed?

Having stood in the shed all through the 70's, this must be in an alternative universe!

21 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Yeah man honestly ?

04A98D9F-DFFF-41F2-AA34-4AC99CD4DCC3.png

Holy shit :cornette:

I leant it to my mate who moved back to the USA... I've just messaged him now after seeing this! 

50 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Having stood in the shed all through the 70's, this must be in an alternative universe!

Correct Colin.

There is no way that happened.

been here before
39 minutes ago, hearts151 said:

I leant it to my mate who moved back to the USA... I've just messaged him now after seeing this! 

Bear in mind thats what folk are charging but not what people are paying.

Things are only worth what people will pay.

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Bear in mind thats what folk are charging but not what people are paying.

Things are only worth what people will pay.

Aye I know. 

Not going to sell it tbh but now realising it is really worth getting back and I wouldn't be able to replace it otherwise! 

Used to stand here (between the 2 R’s)

R E  -???-  F R E S H M E N T S

Edited by Jambo-Fox

William H. Bonney
4 hours ago, hearts151 said:

He probably sold it to pay for his plane ticket. 

My earliest memories where of Celtic singing send your “chosen few” over here. 

They got that from graffiti near tynie that stated Saughton Chosen Few. 

17 minutes ago, swavkav said:

My earliest memories where of Celtic singing send your “chosen few” over here. 

They got that from graffiti near tynie that stated Saughton Chosen Few. 

Was about 15 and the thims in our place under the refreshment banner , this dude with a beard came in behind me, 

next , punches were thrown and the charge from them was mental, i ran, but we re-grouped outside the shed.

As a kid being subjected to that was mental, but hey ho was the 70s, 

Puts our wee singing section in to real life, time has moved on. thankfully.

Ricardo Quaresma
On 07/09/2018 at 15:03, jamtartan74 said:

Yeah man honestly ?

04A98D9F-DFFF-41F2-AA34-4AC99CD4DCC3.png

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT

Gave a loan of this to a mate years ago, he'll be getting a call; probably lost it now!

34 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT

Gave a loan of this to a mate years ago, he'll be getting a call; probably lost it now!

Cheers mate, 

3 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

He probably sold it to pay for his plane ticket. 

:sob:

Edited by hearts151

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 14/10/2018 at 00:23, Michael stewart said:

I can remember hearts fans fighting each other against Dundee Utd at hampden semi

You talking about 1986? It never happened. Hobo troll type post imo.

On 14/10/2018 at 01:23, Michael stewart said:

I can remember hearts fans fighting each other against Dundee Utd at hampden semi

What a load of shite.

55 minutes ago, Marvin said:

:spoton:

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Or 1974? Sorry, I wasn't at that one (two, in fact, there was a replay).

10 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Or 1974? Sorry, I wasn't at that one (two, in fact, there was a replay).

Wouldn’t know if there was fighting amongst Hearts fans in these two games either. Just recall them being 1-1, then 4-2 for United in the replay :sad: 

Wouldn’t surprise me if there had been a wee bit bother back then though. :) 

18 hours ago, Morgan said:

Wouldn’t know if there was fighting amongst Hearts fans in these two games either. Just recall them being 1-1, then 4-2 for United in the replay :sad: 

Wouldn’t surprise me if there had been a wee bit bother back then though. :) 

I'll ask my auld man he would have gone in 1974.

I don't recall any scrapping at the 1986 semi.

There was however a scrap just down from me in the semi the following year against St Mirren.

On 03/01/2018 at 12:27, trago13 said:

As far as I’m aware, it wasn’t gang v gang but Hearts v the police. I’m sure that’s the day the copper took a real bad one and ended up in hospital with quite serious injuries. Motherwell took a bit of a dull one after the game as well. 

As far as the casual scene goes, Hearts never got involved early in the scene and there was the odd scuffle as they did try to stand in the corner. Always got told to bolt and settled next to the segregation fence. Their numbers did grow over the years but I don’t think they ever got to more than a few hundred. Could be wrong though. 

Could be the same copper who waded In to the shed and was roundly set upon. He lost his hat and it ended up being used as a frisbee. Every time it was thrown there was a roar from the shed. I remember that day as the coopers hat hit me in the chest and I too threw it around to big cheers from the shed. I remember the iron bar which I’m sure was a bit of the rusty fence behind the school end that someone snapped off and lobbed it towards WM. I remember he walked up to the shed with hands out trying to calm the support down. He certainly kept his distance from then on in 

52 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

I don't recall any scrapping at the 1986 semi.

There was however a scrap just down from me in the semi the following year against St Mirren.

Also a bit of aggro at the first semi final v. Airdrie in 1992. A lot of tension that day and the atmosphere wasn't entirely pleasant. Night and day compared to say, the 2006 game v. Hibs.

There wasn't enough of us for tension and aggro at the replay. Pitifully low attendance, Iirc.

• 1 year later...
On 05/12/2015 at 23:21, niblick1874 said:

When you say gangs do you mean YNT bar-ox TCR Gorgie Jungle and the likes? If so, I was there all the way threw the 70's and didn't come across any of that, and I knew many Hearts supporters from different gangs.

I also lived through that - YMD had the best name (Young Mental Drylaw) ;)

On 05/09/2018 at 15:30, Clerry Jambo said:

Agree Pans, there would be the odd "square go" now and again but nothing to write home about. Considering the crushing and swaying at times, think it was quite well behaved

The infighting I remember was always about some git having a piss and taking the wrong route and splashing the wrong way, still disgusted btw or some infiltration getting caught out when cheers went wrong 

1 hour ago, mac said:

I also lived through that - YMD had the best name (Young Mental Drylaw) ;)

And YLT the worst!!

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

And YLT the worst!!

YBT young Broomie Terror or YCAB young Currie & Balerno

On 06/12/2015 at 10:12, Der Kaiser said:

If I recall the main gangs were

The Jambo Rambos

The Deliverers of Pain

The Sweetheart Stout Corps

And

Gorgie Defamation Alliance

Sounds like a Spotify playlist, except the last one - wtf?

2 minutes ago, Deodato said:

Sounds like a Spotify playlist, except the last one - wtf?

TCR and Bar-ox were the ones to be feared, IIRC.

maroondevo52

Ryan Stevenson used to give the Gorgie Jungle 'salute' after he scored 🤘

I remember my brother getting his TCR tattoo grafted off after moving to South Africa.

On 07/09/2018 at 14:10, farin said:

Some good ones in there Morgan. ??

I’d recommend these if you get the chance m8.

68F73872-5917-497F-9E11-5EE5915412D1.thumb.jpeg.f11f8c574d6f5ac90fbdddc3e88a16ad.jpeg

A56BD6C6-36E8-428D-80C7-3017D3C76D46.thumb.jpeg.bf7f9bc383af7178837fae3314fe0206.jpeg

A Tale of Two Cities is worth it just for the photo of Slim and Robo sporting Smiths Menswear's finest slacks ans slip-ons in Rose Street precinct. 

millerjames398
2 hours ago, Mister T said:

A Tale of Two Cities is worth it just for the photo of Slim and Robo sporting Smiths Menswear's finest slacks ans slip-ons in Rose Street precinct. 

Farrah slacks and gabbicci slip ons🤣🤣🤣

Anyone remember the Clockwork Orange lads in the full droogs gear? 

Only clear memory I have of them is a derby in October 1984. Perhaps it was a short lived response to the new, at the time, Hibs casual thingy. 

I was beaten up by a few of they Hibs b@5t@rd5 in the city centre the week before after arriving back from a game at Morton. Really enjoyed the tanking some of them got on Gorgie Road after the derby. 

I was only 16 so revenge was the order of the day. I threw a few punches myself but they were all mostly hopeless and hurt no one. 😉😅

Doctor FinnBarr
5 hours ago, Morgan said:

TCR and Bar-ox were the ones to be feared, IIRC.

Naa, they never traveled to West Lothian to face the Blackburn Derry or the SFG (Stoneyburn Fighting Gang)

Good memory of the shed - running down to pick up coins which had missed their corner taking target and fell short of the fence.

Bad memory of the shed - getting skelped on the back of the head with a coin because there was another corner after I ran down.

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Good memory of the shed - running down to pick up coins which had missed their corner taking target and fell short of the fence.

Bad memory of the shed - getting skelped on the back of the head with a coin because there was another corner after I ran down.

:rofl:

5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I bet the young you, (I'm assuming you were young :D ), didn't go down in a Lennonesque fashion.

I'd rather have been hit by a coin than the pie that hit me one time, when Davie Cooper went to take a corner.

4 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

I bet the young you, (I'm assuming you were young :D ), didn't go down in a Lennonesque fashion.

I'd rather have been hit by a coin than the pie that hit me one time, when Davie Cooper went to take a corner.

Aye quite young, mid 40’s or so. Only kidding I was about 12 I’d think. I don’t think I went down like Lennon but then again it hit me square on the head. A glancing skiff on your jacket like Lennon got must’ve smarted a bit. 

😀 never been hit by a pie (yet).

On 06/12/2015 at 07:38, 1953 said:

Don't remember any of that except when Rangers and Celtic came through they took over the centre line area and we were pushed into the corner. I also remember going to Stirling Albion in the 70's and we did the same to them, albeit on a smaller scale.

I remember in the 60's when both Glasgow teams came through there was always bother at the half way line when we changed ends, but never saw much stuff inside the ground .  Outside was different however 

Edited by Disco Ball

A Shoreditch Heart

I remember getting showered with broken green glass when a bottle of pomagne was thrown from somewhere just in front of the refreshments and smashed against a pillar right above my head at the game against Dundee in the First Division 77/78 season. Lost a shoe a couple of years later in about the same location when Frank Liddell scored in the last minute to win the league - good times 🙂

TyphoonJambo

I remember stood in the shed, towards the front, and a line of kids walked along the bottom 2 steps. Pringles and staypress. The entire shed ripped the shit out of them. 

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, A Shoreditch Heart said:

I remember getting showered with broken green glass when a bottle of pomagne was thrown from somewhere just in front of the refreshments and smashed against a pillar right above my head at the game against Dundee in the First Division 77/78 season. Lost a shoe a couple of years later in about the same location when Frank Liddell scored in the last minute to win the league - good times 🙂

I remember painting hearts colours onto hard hats, just so you could stand in the shed without worrying about darts and golf balls 

Dirkdiggler77

Afternoon- I am new on here so i can't create a post myself but this topic may be relevant enough to ask

About Hearts support- I read a lot that you have the best support in Scotland and i have seen the video's ect to back it up

But i wonder where does the support come from? because from what i understand and read about Edinburgh is that it is very Affluent and also the kind of city that is so multi national that you struggle to find many people who are actually Born and bred Edinbronian (is that a word)

so it's quite an anomaly it seems to have such a loyal passionate fanbase

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks

On 06/12/2015 at 13:56, Deodato said:

Putting the video up here. 

What was the foul for , for first goal, nothing changes eh, was there was 12 went with my Dad and Uncle and cousin, he got punched by a couple of them , can't remember what happened, missed the coach home and had to get a taxi, we got in for nothing as they had to open the gates in the Celtic end as it was heaving with people pushing.