Forth Road Bridge

FWJ

What's going on? One carriageway still closed, looks like we'll need the new one ASAP. Will the old one still be fit for use? It was said the drying of the cables was working, but what else is up with it?

All roads lead to Gorgie

They are saying it is some of the steel supports under the carriageway, more than one so it looks ominous for its future. We should have gone for a tunnel to replace it, that has always been my view as weather would not be a problem as it often is now .

Had to go and see a couple of customers yesterday in Aberdeenshire. Left the house at 7am. Over an hour to get to the M8 round the city feckin bypass & then about 90 mins sitting in traffic before I got to the bridge. Over two & a half hours to go 35 miles!

I then decided to just turn round & go home as I heard this may go on for some time. I wasnt sitting in that crap again on the way south!

Queensferry Road was noticeably quiet this morning. Think a lot of folk got the train instead. Hope it stays restricted a bit longer.

Queensferry Road was noticeably quiet this morning. Think a lot of folk got the train instead. Hope it stays restricted a bit longer.

Looked like most of them took the Clackmannan/Kincardine bridges instead.

They are saying it is some of the steel supports under the carriageway, more than one so it looks ominous for its future. We should have gone for a tunnel to replace it, that has always been my view as weather would not be a problem as it often is now .

4 lane bridge going over direction and 4 lane tunnel for the other direction. Close the bridge and have 2 lanes each direction in adverse weather. It works over the Thames.

I don't buy the nonsense of the rock being hard and expensive to dig through, it's a one off cost. Decent foresight would've kept the previous tolls on a while longer to fund it.

Short sighted as usual!

Meant to be going over to Fife about half 6 tonight but won't bother if it's still brutal... Anyone been over in the last hour or two/have any updates?!

Radio saying its carnage. So glad I moved to south Gyle (2mins from where I work)

Finished work at 5pm. Got the feet up with a beer already, enjoy the commute folks :lol:

Meant to be going over to Fife about half 6 tonight but won't bother if it's still brutal... Anyone been over in the last hour or two/have any updates?!

2 mile queue apparently. In the other direction it just took my bird 2 hours from Dunfermline. Will be worse heading Fife way and at this time.

Took my flat mate 3 hours to get from Silverknowes to Dunfermline today! I have to be in dunfermline tomorrow. Not looking forward to it!

Excellent, been working in Newcastle the past 3 weeks and was hoping to get back to Inverness in a normal timescale tomorrow(6 hours)! Sounding like I'm going to have to add an extra couple of hours to the journey! Might buy a book for the traffic congestion to ease my mind!

Excellent, been working in Newcastle the past 3 weeks and was hoping to get back to Inverness in a normal timescale tomorrow(6 hours)! Sounding like I'm going to have to add an extra couple of hours to the journey! Might buy a book for the traffic congestion to ease my mind!

Are you driving if so can you not just go up the m9 past Stirling, will add 30 mins tops to your journey

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Are you driving if so can you not just go up the m9 past Stirling, will add 30 mins tops to your journey

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Cheers mate, will take that route

Got a feeling that HGVs will be banned from using the bridge when it reopens. They will have to use the Kincardine Bridge.

I P Knightley

Time to admit Fife is a lost cause and close the bridges forever.

I'm not sure what the concern is about being delayed by an hour to get to a place that's 25 years behind the times.

I heard all the nightmare stories about the trains, but I got on one at Rosyth at 8.19 this morning, got a seat no problem. It was pretty quiet.

Getting home might be a different story though, especially now there's supposed to be a storm around commute time :(

I'm pretty sure that wee spur off the M90 going to Dunfermline was the start of a longer motorway to connect to the Kincardine Bridge (ie mirroring the M9 but north of the Forth). This was to provide an alternative route for traffic from Glasgow and the south to Fife.

Pretty handy now if it had been built!

ouch, this is going to cause havoc. Travelling down for the game tomorrow so will be leaving extra early and also costs of extra fuel! 

LOL

Like I told all my pals Years ago

Ye shoulda moved to East Lothian

Bring it

Hilarious. I'll be they aren't laughing about their 4 bed detached villas in Dunfy & the Vay now that initially cost 150K. Unlucky

Jambof3tornado

Nothing currently going eastbound on Kincardine bridge either. Traffic also down to 1 lane on 2 lane southbound stretch of clackmannan bridge too.

On the plus side lots of roads guys in hi viz shite standing around scratching heads. Cheeky 1 way system being set up methinks!!

Jambof3tornado

LOL

Like I told all my pals Years ago

Ye shoulda moved to East Lothian

Bring it

Hilarious. I'll be they aren't laughing about their 4 bed detached villas in Dunfy & the Vay now that initially cost 150K. Unlucky

East lothian where A1 is shut?? Lol

Nightmare day.

Wow, unprecedented. 

Scotrail will be rubbing their hands with glee.

Probably not - judging by the amount of folk crammed on at half 6 this morning they won't be able to operate a conductor on any services.

That's what you get for living in the dump that is Fife.

Cesspit for cheapskates.

What an outrageous thing to say, on so many levels 

All roads lead to Gorgie

What an outrageous thing to say, on so many levels

Yes fog in the Forth Fife cut off type of post that was !!!

Jambof3tornado

That's what you get for living in the dump that is Fife.

Cesspit for cheapskates.

Aye coz Edinburgh is full of delightful places.

No I dont live in fife.

Just as well they're building a new bridge or as lord foulkes called it an snp vanity project. On a selfish note i will avoid the m9 tomorrow and head to Tynecastle via south queensferry.

Sent from my ZTE Blade Q Mini using Tapatalk

Jambof3tornado

Just as well they're building a new bridge or as lord foulkes called it an snp vanity project. On a selfish note i will avoid the m9 tomorrow and head to Tynecastle via south queensferry.

Sent from my ZTE Blade Q Mini using Tapatalk

Where are you travelling in from?

Serves all those cheap ***** who want the benefits of being close to the big smoke, without paying their dues for the privilege right.

Folk saying trains aren't stopping at some stations in Fife? Like that's a bad thing. I wouldn't let them stop in Fife at all :jjyay:

Traffic back to my village from Kincardine, about 7 miles away on a back road. Never saw the likes before.

Shambles.

Archived