Private Womble

Hearts to Build a New Stand - PAN submitted (merged & updated)

Private Womble

Typing tongue in cheek isn't that easy. Telling some fukwit to shove his smart arse remark up his farter is remarkably easy.

Calm down friend.

Superunknown

If you want to get a job done properly and on time - leave it to Hearts men. :)

Well said M8

Valentinho

Will this finally be the Tesco we've always been told about?

Will this finally be the Tesco we've always been told about?

I am getting to the point where I dread seeing your name atop a post.

You are either a Hobo or a complete plank. Please take your cheap, irritating and usually Ill conceived comments to the kindergarten you clearly frequent.

CollyWolly

Calm down friend.

I am perfectly calm. Your totally made up and unrealistic OP hasn't increased my heart rate like it has others. Good job though. Attention sought and delivered on your part.

Mikey1874

I assume part of the planning of this includes rigorous strip searching of all site labour to prevent the 'planting' of a rival clubs jersey under the new stand ? Could happen. You never know. Could cast a bad spell if it did.

Yes, but...

A counter spell has already been set which equals (even more) pain and misery on the club whose strip is buried there

"we own them" does it justice

Private Womble

I am perfectly calm. Your totally made up and unrealistic OP hasn't increased my heart rate like it has others. Good job though. Attention sought and delivered on your part.

Mate, settle down. I'm just passing on what I heard. HUGE day tomorrow for the club. You seem unhappy that Hearts will deliver a new stand for her supporters?

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

I wonder if Hibs will ever get to play a Derby in our new look stadium?

Bound to be drawn together in the cup at some point ...

:shitwine:

Huge day for the club - really excited about tomorrow :thumbsup:

CollyWolly

Mate, settle down. I'm just passing on what I heard. HUGE day tomorrow for the club. You seem unhappy that Hearts will deliver a new stand for her supporters?

I will be as delighted as anyone. It won't be next summer as you specifically stated though.

Private Womble

I will be as delighted as anyone. It won't be next summer as you specifically stated though.

It's what I heard and it's a forum to pass on information you come by. I try and play fair, so please don't call people attention seekers. You should work on how you interact with other members of this fine board.

luckydug

Typing tongue in cheek isn't that easy. Telling some fukwit to shove his smart arse remark up his farter is remarkably easy.

If I was the kind of person you describe I would report you for that remark.

However I am not and I won't.

Lighten up stop picking fights with every poster that posts something you disagree with. We are all on the same side after all.

Private Womble

Lighten up stop picking fights with every poster that posts something you disagree with. We are all on the same side after all.

Well said my friend. Mutual respect is key to any good Hearts man and you have it in spades.

CollyWolly

Questioning a totally daft OP ( we will have a superb new stand by summer) and giving my considered opinion and it's likelihood to happen is picking a fight ?

Some people didn't like having their hopes built up and shot down just as quickly. Not really my problem that the insults started to fly. You were one of the first to fire an insult by the way.

Kinkster

Those who wish to spend the evening believing the OP that stated a new stand would be in place by late 2016. Feel free. Those who have been paying attention to the previous history of this project know exactly where I am coming from but will no doubt welcome whatever update we get tomorrow.

Been paying attention to the previous history of this project, mmm rings some bells. Now when is that shipping forecast on ?

CollyWolly

Been paying attention to the previous history of this project, mmm rings some bells. Now when is that shipping forecast on ?

What on earth are you on about ?

depressed_jambo

Guys, not wanting to spoil the party but as far as I'm aware there's no planning application lodged / a Proposal of Application Notice lodged either. For us to announce the approval of an application that doesn't exist (pre supposing the Council were to grant permission) is complete fantasy land at this stage. For one, do you not think the papers will have been all over an application (not the one from 5 years ago that the Council have asked to be withdrawn) had one been lodged?

Happy to be proven wrong but I'd imagine the very best the announcement will be is that we are planning a new stand.

Ray has bus pass hooray

Guys, not wanting to spoil the party but as far as I'm aware there's no planning application lodged / a Proposal of Application Notice lodged either. For us to announce the approval of an application that doesn't exist (pre supposing the Council were to grant permission) is complete fantasy land at this stage. For one, do you not think the papers will have been all over an application (not the one from 5 years ago that the Council have asked to be withdrawn) had one been lodged?

Happy to be proven wrong but I'd imagine the very best the announcement will be is that we are planning a new stand.

I think most are hopeful that any announcement will give details timescales etc and obviously proposals for funding and new capacity.

upgotheheads

Definately happening. I was told 2 years time though.

Budge oot!

depressed_jambo

I think most are hopeful that any announcement will give details timescales etc and obviously proposals for funding and new capacity.

Regardless, there's absolutely no chance that construction will begin in the Summer- the planning process will take circa 6 months- that's pre-supposing the submission of an application is imminent (it isn't).

Jambof3tornado

All I'm hoping for is forward steps in redevelopment of tynecastle. I dont need 'set in stone' dates etc....I'm just glad we're staying at home.

RosscoC

Regardless, there's absolutely no chance that construction will begin in the Summer- the planning process will take circa 6 months- that's pre-supposing the submission of an application is imminent (it isn't).

Do you know for sure it isn't imminent?

fabienleclerq

Im thinking a confirmation of where we are staying and at best maybe a wee drawing of the new stand.

Robbie Neilson

Bash Street Kids on a roll here

kila

They could start demolishing in the summer - sounds like the roof repair costs for the main stand are quite high and it's needing to come down soon anyway. 

luckydug

All I'm hoping for is forward steps in redevelopment of tynecastle. I dont need 'set in stone' dates etc....I'm just glad we're staying at home.

Same here.

The best things in life are worth waiting for.

depressed_jambo

Do you know for sure it isn't imminent?

If it is a major planning application (good chance it would be) then there's a 3 month period (post the submission of a Proposal of Application Notice) before an application can be submitted. 

portobellojambo1

Think you are near enough spot on with this. I had also heard elements of what the OP says but as with many things passed from individual to individual they have a habit of wandering off line as such. I don't think too many people will be at all surprised we are staying at Tynecastle, what with the negotiations for the grassy area behind the Wheatfield and subsequent work to be carried out, the building taking place in terms of the Memorial Garden and the negotiations for the land behind the main stand, it was a guaranteed cert. we weren't moving. I believe it is hoped to put the process for a new stand into action from around this Summer, or a Summer, and it may well involve us moving away from Tynecastle for a period, and I suspect it is not going to be to  Murrayfield.

Edited by portobellojambo1

OmiyaHearts

I really can't see a new stand being built for the start of next season. Will be happy with some sort of confirmation or design of a new stand.

Sir Gio

Don't think it would be much of a stand if it went up so quickly. Dom Littlewood would probably be interested

Ray has bus pass hooray

Think you are near enough spot on with this. I had also heard elements of what the OP says but as with many things passed from individual to individual they have a habit of wandering off line as such. I don't think too many people will be at all surprised we are staying at Tynecastle, what with the negotiations for the grassy area behind the Wheatfield and subsequent work to be carried out, the building taking place in terms of the Memorial Garden and the negotiations for the land behind the main stand, it was a guaranteed cert. we weren't moving. I believe it is hoped to put the process for a new stand into action from around this Summer, or a Summer, and it may well involve us moving away from Tynecastle for a period, and I suspect it is not going to be to  Murrayfield.

if not Murray field that surely only leaves fester road.

Ugly American

Not remotely ITK and my expectation is that we'll be in Murrayfield or Easter Rd. for the 2016/17 season and possibly beyond during construction (kind of gutted about that actually because I hope to be in Scotland for at least a bit next season), but purely for the sake of argument, I could see the following scenario:

- Announcement with preliminary drawings Dec 2015

- Planning approval and financing in place by March or April 2016

- Area behind old main stand closed for construction in April. Earthmoving and foundation work start before season ends. Entrance to Main stand moved to Roseburn access.

- Demolition of old stand starting as soon as the season is done.

- Construction of seating tier and shell for the rest over the summer. Changing rooms in temporary manufactured units set behind Wheatfield and corner entrance used as tunnel.  Club offices moved offsite for the year.  Roseburn knocked down.

- Seating opens July 2016, entrance from Roseburn end.  Pie stand and temporary restrooms set up there with temporary walkways to seating.

- Office, hospitality, team facilities, and new Roseburn built out during season.

And one more time, whatever other problems there may be with the corners, the roof supports are simply not a major obstacle to any kinds of plans. People are treating them like the rocks at Stonehenge, forever immobile.  Designing a structure to hold up a tin roof is just not that hard.

The Jambo Janny

Totally agree with those sentiments .... there will be wonderful memories for so many people but it is now definetely time for the old lady to go. I will always have her in my minds eye as a memory but that is what she should be ... a memory.

That's no way to speak about your nearest and dearest - I'll tell her next time I see her

luckydug

Think you are near enough spot on with this. I had also heard elements of what the OP says but as with many things passed from individual to individual they have a habit of wandering off line as such. I don't think too many people will be at all surprised we are staying at Tynecastle, what with the negotiations for the grassy area behind the Wheatfield and subsequent work to be carried out, the building taking place in terms of the Memorial Garden and the negotiations for the land behind the main stand, it was a guaranteed cert. we weren't moving. I believe it is hoped to put the process for a new stand into action from around this Summer, or a Summer, and it may well involve us moving away from Tynecastle for a period, and I suspect it is not going to be to Murrayfield.

All that seems perfectly reasonable but what makes you think we wouldn't use Murrayfield ?

A lot of Hearts fans just won't go near ER.

Added to the grief the Hibs fans would give their board for renting to us then Murrayfield fits the bill as far as I'm concerned.

Robbie Neilson

Not remotely ITK and my expectation is that we'll be in Murrayfield or Easter Rd. for the 2016/17 season and possibly beyond during construction (kind of gutted about that actually because I hope to be in Scotland for at least a bit next season), but purely for the sake of argument, I could see the following scenario:

- Announcement with preliminary drawings Dec 2015

- Planning approval and financing in place by March or April 2016

- Area behind old main stand closed for construction in April. Earthmoving and foundation work start before season ends. Entrance to Main stand moved to Roseburn access.

- Demolition of old stand starting as soon as the season is done.

- Construction of seating tier and shell for the rest over the summer. Changing rooms in temporary manufactured units set behind Wheatfield and corner entrance used as tunnel.  Club offices moved offsite for the year.  Roseburn knocked down.

- Seating opens July 2016, entrance from Roseburn end.  Pie stand and temporary restrooms set up there with temporary walkways to seating.

- Office, hospitality, team facilities, and new Roseburn built out during season.

And one more time, whatever other problems there may be with the corners, the roof supports are simply not a major obstacle to any kinds of plans. People are treating them like the rocks at Stonehenge, forever immobile.  Designing a structure to hold up a tin roof is just not that hard.

:cornette:

:rofl:

BigC

Judging by comments on this thread about timescales, let's say that the announcement was that planning permission went in today for a new stand...

Presuming Hearts have done a lot of pre-submitting conversations with the council, the consultation process could be over by March and planning permission granted by the end of April....a request for a finish of away games post split could mean demolition starting in early May, or let's say the end of May to be on the cautious side.

An agreement for Hearts to play at ER or Murrayfield could also be announced tomorrow, with a new stand built in 6-7 months.

So best case scenario... We could have a stand by the end of 2016 but it would be Nov-Dec at the very earliest and it would rely on a very quick turnaround by the Council Planning Dept as well as demolition and construction being well coordinated.

Is this feasible or are there further delays I haven't factored in?

Ugly American

:cornette:

GIF argument.  Sound.

Again, not my expectation, but opening the seating during construction is hardly unheard of.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/06/video-new-time-lapse-of-anfield-redevelopment-main-stand-takes-shape/

EDIT -- Oops, that's the wrong video.

Edited by Ugly American

Bowmans_Boot

Being honest, I would hope not.  Unless there is a huge crowd then the atmosphere is awful and lets face it, we wont get huge crowds for many games at all.  Someone else posted 40,000 if we made ticket prices ?10 - there is not a chance in hell we would get that.  We are selling out just now because the feel good factor is still there, I suspect we will face a bit of a dry spell at some point. 

CollyWolly

Judging by comments on this thread about timescales, let's say that the announcement was that planning permission went in today for a new stand...

Presuming Hearts have done a lot of pre-submitting conversations with the council, the consultation process could be over by March and planning permission granted by the end of April....a request for a finish of away games post split could mean demolition starting in early May, or let's say the end of May to be on the cautious side.

An agreement for Hearts to play at ER or Murrayfield could also be announced tomorrow, with a new stand built in 6-7 months.

So best case scenario... We could have a stand by the end of 2016 but it would be Nov-Dec at the very earliest and it would rely on a very quick turnaround by the Council Planning Dept as well as demolition and construction being well coordinated.

Is this feasible or are there further delays I haven't factored in?

Funding ?

3fingersreid

We have already done that in the League Cup. It is still the only time their new stand has sold out, despite all the giveaways and free tickets Rod has dished out.

I'm talking about selling out all three stands if we were the "home" team against any opposition not just their big white elephant stand ;)

MrRobbo10

Aye lets just rebuild the whole stadium while we're at it

portobellojambo1

All that seems perfectly reasonable but what makes you think we wouldn't use Murrayfield ?

A lot of Hearts fans just won't go near ER.

Added to the grief the Hibs fans would give their board for renting to us then Murrayfield fits the bill as far as I'm concerned.

Nothing has been announced officially on where we will go if we move luckydug, it just came up in conversation (not with anyone in office at Tynecastle). I cannot remember who was all in the conversation (that is old age which is catching up with me rapidly, not by choice) and I think they had some knowledge of the costs of renting Murrayfield, from memory. If I can to Easter Road when Hibs are on the park (playing us) I can sure as hell go when Hearts are the home team playing someone else.

Robbie Neilson

If, if, we have to play some games away from Tynecastle, it will be at Easter Road. Like it or lump it. It will be at Easter Road

Budge already has an agreement with Dempster

Obviously we're trying to work it so we dont have to

3fingersreid

Sorry if it's been discussed already ,not read through the whole thread , but has there been anything mentioned regarding the listed part of the stand ? I'm guessing we'd need to incorporate the bricks in the new build ?

CollyWolly

Nothing has been announced officially on where we will go if we move luckydug, it just came up in conversation (not with anyone in office at Tynecastle). I cannot remember who was all in the conversation (that is old age which is catching up with me rapidly, not by choice) and I think they had some knowledge of the costs of renting Murrayfield, from memory. If I can to Easter Road when Hibs are on the park (playing us) I can sure as hell go when Hearts are the home team playing someone else.

I'd rather give Dunfermline or Livingston the money to be honest. It's as easy for me to get to either stadium as it it is to get to ER.

Cast No Shadow

"We're". Who's this "we" you speak of?

People who think we could rake in crowds of 40,000 if we played at Murrayfield for a season, and people who are open to moving from Tynecastle.

Embarrassing.

CollyWolly

If, if, we have to play some games away from Tynecastle, it will be at Easter Road. Like it or lump it. It will be at Easter Road

Jesus H.

Robbie Neilson

Jesus H.

Just reporting the facts

luckydug

Thanks for your answer.

FWIW I would also still buy my ST even at ER if we have to go there.

There are a lot who think otherwise though.

Staying on the east means ER is better for me personally but I would prefer Murrayfield.

Looks like we might find out soon though.

Cast No Shadow

We have already done that in the League Cup. It is still the only time their new stand has sold out, despite all the giveaways and free tickets Rod has dished out.

Well, that's just not true. We never sold out either League Cup semi-final at Easter Road and our crowd for the second one was frankly embarrassing.

Hibs sold out the New Year Derby in 2014 and have filled their new stand on more than just that occasion.

Mr Sifter

If, if, we have to play some games away from Tynecastle, it will be at Easter Road. Like it or lump it. It will be at Easter Road

At best, someone's fed you a bum line. At worse, you're trolling.

Either way, this is BS mate. Utter BS.