Private Womble

Hearts to Build a New Stand - PAN submitted (merged & updated)

CollyWolly

It's like waiting for a new signing. A new stand that retains some of the historical elements of the original plus matches the rest of the ground, plus a plan to fill in 2 or all corners would be amazing. If it has to be sponsored that's fine but naming it after a Hearts great would be good - maybe that's where fan involvement can be brought in through a vote.

Not this filling in corners stuff again. Not possible without extensive demolition and rebuilding, extensive land purchase, completely redoing the roof supports for each stand effected. Moving a big poisonous vat of filth at our expense and knocking down a listed building. A compete non starter.

sairyinthat

Little point in guessing I am happy to wait for events unfolding preferably tomorrow.

Icon of Symmetry

I'm reading the posts by CollyWolly and taking in what he is saying.... I still think most of what he says is garbage though. I'm probably wrong but I'll wait until plans are announced before I apologise for calling him a bullshitter etc. :-D

Daveandal

Not this filling in corners stuff again. Not possible without extensive demolition and rebuilding, extensive land purchase, completely redoing the roof supports for each stand effected. Moving a big poisonous vat of filth at our expense and knocking down a listed building. A compete non starter.

I'll put you down as a maybe.

Teuchterjambo

I'm reading the posts by CollyWolly and taking in what he is saying.... I still think most of what he says is garbage though. I'm probably wrong but I'll wait until plans are announced before I apologise for calling him a bullshitter etc. :-D

Don't know if he is a bullshitter or not, as you say time will tell.

He is certainly a party pooper though ... seems to enjoy destroying peoples harmless dreams !

Clark Griswold

Greenginger is already on his typewriter tap tap tap tapitty tap

Don't forget FOI requests

Kiwidoug

This makes me a happy man.

Tell you what Ann Budge has not messed about since taking this club on. She is the ultimate example of what a chairwomen should be.

This club a sinking wreck before she stepped in and rescued us.

That's excactly what gives me confidence.  She's a doer, not a talker.  She gets things done.

I am just hugely impressed with her and very grateful.  She puts a spring in my step.

If this news is confirmed at the AGM I will be bouncing.

Cast No Shadow

The gullible fantasists hate realism.

New stand bashed up in six months time. :rofl:

Icon of Symmetry

He is certainly a party pooper though ... seems to enjoy destroying peoples harmless dreams !

Not being funny but that seems to be the whole ethos of this website. I don't get it.

Debut 4

Whatever the timescale it's just great to know it's going to happen. :)

CollyWolly

Those who wish to spend the evening believing the OP that stated a new stand would be in place by late 2016. Feel free. Those who have been paying attention to the previous history of this project know exactly where I am coming from but will no doubt welcome whatever update we get tomorrow.

manaliveits105

Sales of cheap work masks have plummeted down Edinburgh Harbour way

AlimOzturk

Will be sad to see the old stand go but we are in desperate need of a new main stand like others would be surprised if it can be built so quick but will look forward to seeing and hearing plans and then see it being built

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never understood the sentimental value towards inananimte objects such as the old stand.

It served its pourpose but has been past its sell by date for more than 20 years now.

I do get that people have memories but the same memories will be greatly enhanced in the comfort of the new stand.

Cant wait to see the eye sore go and finally see tynie in her full potential

Beats

Big day Tomorrow lads. End of 2016 is a very real possibility.

Paolo

I heard it's going to be 3D printed off site and then lifted into place.

If we done that, it would still be better than Hibs' sticklebrick stand.

Paolo

Excellent news , now we should play ONE game at the echodome but we must sell it out and show that mob how it's done ;)

We have already done that in the League Cup. It is still the only time their new stand has sold out, despite all the giveaways and free tickets Rod has dished out.

Ray has bus pass hooray

Think a few people are being premature here, but it'll be an impressive erection process undoubtedly.

I am never premature and in no doubt about an impressive erection process.

Pans Jambo

I am never premature and in no doubt about an impressive erection process.

I am sure it will come....to a HEAD soon.

Teuchterjambo

Those who wish to spend the evening believing the OP that stated a new stand would be in place by late 2016. Feel free. Those who have been paying attention to the previous history of this project know exactly where I am coming from but will no doubt welcome whatever update we get tomorrow.

I actually agree with most everything you say on this subject but prefer to remain a bit more light hearted about it  ....  people are just getting excited about it and daring to dream, I am sure that any progress announced tomorrow will be welcomed by all and nobody is going to be overly depressed if the corners are not filled in and the job not completed by the start of next season !!!

duckandcover

Devastated if I'm honest. Love the current Main Stand. What makes Tynie so special.

Teuchterjambo

Never understood the sentimental value towards inananimte objects such as the old stand.

It served its pourpose but has been past its sell by date for more than 20 years now.

I do get that people have memories but the same memories will be greatly enhanced in the comfort of the new stand.

Cant wait to see the eye sore go and finally see tynie in her full potential

Totally agree with those sentiments .... there will be wonderful memories for so many people but it is now definetely time for the old lady to go. I will always have her in my minds eye as a memory but that is what she should be ... a memory.

jamboinglasgow

I am with others, hold off the celebrations until something is announced (though every part of me so hopes it will be announced with some lovely designs.)

Private Womble

I am with others, hold off the celebrations until something is announced (though every part of me so hopes it will be announced with some lovely designs.)

Huge day tomorrow for the club.

We deserve this.

Private Womble

The gullible fantasists hate realism.

New stand bashed up in six months time. :rofl:

How long did Hibs East stand take to construct, out of interest?

kingantti1874

Great news, will be interesting to see how we intend to fund it.. But it's hugely important for the club, removing the biggest limiting factor we have.

jamboinglasgow

Huge day tomorrow for the club.

We deserve this.

I so very much hope so.

kingdannyb

Easter Road = same ticket prices but a full stadium every game and sticking it right up Hibs.

Murrayfield at ?10 a ticket could mean 40,000 (?) crowds plus as many away fans as they want, ie 10,000 Celtic.

Either plan makes sense.

ChunkyCharlie

Like majority of threads on JKB regarding "sources" or "rumours" I highly suspect this will be bollocks as usual.

Hope I'm wrong as we really need to consider development of the ground if possible or moving away from Tynecastle.

Sir Gio

Going to be against grain, I think these new stands are bland and Tynie will lose some of its charisma. But the club needs a cash cow and that is what it will be. The price will be interesting

gnasher75

As a season ticket holder in the Main Stand I can't wait. Looking forward to being able to see the pitch without pillars in the way... and better catering facilities etc. Presumably the ticket pricing will match the Wheatfield which will be a bit of a shock to the system as we get a really good deal at present.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

davemclaren

As a season ticket holder in the Main Stand I can't wait. Looking forward to being able to see the pitch without pillars in the way... and better catering facilities etc. Presumably the ticket pricing will match the Wheatfield which will be a bit of a shock to the system as we get a really good deal at present.

Probably more expensive than Wheatfield. Anyway, can't see us starting building anything fir a few years yet.

Mikey1874

Big day Tomorrow lads. End of 2016 is a very real possibility.

Good stuff

CollyWolly

How long did Hibs East stand take to construct, out of interest?

Demolition started late February 2010. Stand was open for the first home league match August 2010.

Private Womble

Demolition started late February 2010. Stand was open for the first home league match August 2010.

Around five and half months then. :thumbsup:

CollyWolly

For demolition of what was essentially a mound of concrete and construction of a pretty basic structure with no innards such as offices, bars, dressing rooms etc etc.

luckydug

All I'm hoping to hear tomorrow is that definite plans are in place and a timescale agreed.

I am not too fussed about throwing up a cheap option in double quick time. This stand will be the hub of the clubs operations and should be built to the highest standards. If we cant manage that then we should wait until we can.

I can understand younger fans not having much affection for the old main stand but to us older supporters it represents the Tynecastle Park that we grew up with. That stand has seen us win Championships and suffer relegations and all points in between.

I will be sad to see it go tears will be shed and I only wish we had the money to redevelop and keep some of the character of the old lady.  

Private Womble

For demolition of what was essentially a mound of concrete and construction of a pretty basic structure with no innards such as offices, bars, dressing rooms etc etc.

If you want to get a job done properly and on time - leave it to Hearts men. :)

The Gasman

Quite a bit more than that if you include the full planning process, consultation, objections, advertising in the European Journal, selecting and appointing contractors - all of which is done in the public eye, so can't have been done yet, or we would know.

I don't doubt it might be happening, but to be honest, I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell it'll be ready for the beginning of next season, and I'd be very surprised and impressed if it's even complete by the end of next year.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I would like to see the "posh" seats in the Wheatfield move to the new stand and the cheaper prices move to the centre of the Wheatfield. That would improve the atmosphere overnight imo.

Ray has bus pass hooray

I know part of the process is objections but apart from the height difference who would object apart from Greenginger or Sergay.

Cast No Shadow

Easter Road = same ticket prices but a full stadium every game and sticking it right up Hibs.

Murrayfield at ?10 a ticket could mean 40,000 (?) crowds plus as many away fans as they want, ie 10,000 Celtic.

Either plan makes sense.

Like majority of threads on JKB regarding "sources" or "rumours" I highly suspect this will be bollocks as usual.

Hope I'm wrong as we really need to consider development of the ground if possible or moving away from Tynecastle.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The type of people we're dealing with...

willie wallace

Me too.I want to be personally involved in blowing up the pillars

CollyWolly

I know part of the process is objections but apart from the height difference who would object apart from Greenginger or Sergay.

Neither of those have grounds for objection unless they live adjacent to Tynecastle or are employed by a local business with a competent interest.

Edited by CollyWolly

The Frenchman Returns

Me too.I want to be personally involved in blowing up the pillars

I'll miss the pillars! what am I going to stand and lean against for 2 hours now?

Mr Sifter

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The type of people we're dealing with...

"We're". Who's this "we" you speak of?

luckydug

Neither of those have grounds for objection unless they live adjacent to Tynecastle or are employed by a local business with a competent interest.

I know its an unlikely indulgence for you but I think he was joking.

FWJ

We have already done that in the League Cup. It is still the only time their new stand has sold out, despite all the giveaways and free tickets Rod has dished out.

Yup, and had The Hearts Song belting out over the tannoy.

Bit of a seethe on NeedSoap.net over that.

Ted (Theodore) Logan

Can't wait

CollyWolly

I assume part of the planning of this includes rigorous strip searching of all site labour to prevent the 'planting' of a rival clubs jersey under the new stand ? Could happen. You never know. Could cast a bad spell if it did.