Hearts to Build a New Stand - PAN submitted (merged & updated)

Private Womble

Private Womble

Hearing we are going to be kitted out with a superb new stand this summer. Details at the AGM tomorrow. 

:jjyay:

This is excellent news. I had heard similar but that we would have to play away from Tynecastle, probably Easter Road for the first few months. Possibly until the second round of fixtures are complete.

This is excellent news. I had heard similar but that we would have to play away from Tynecastle, probably Easter Road for the first few months. Possibly until the second round of fixtures are complete.

I'd heard this too, last few games of this season and the first couple of next away from Tynie while work goes on over the summer.  Wasn't sure how accurate it was, but obviously I'm not the only one to have heard something similar.  I'd heard Murrayfield was more likely than Easter Road though.

I'd heard this too, last few games of this season and the first couple of next away from Tynie while work goes on over the summer.  Wasn't sure how accurate it was, but obviously I'm not the only one to have heard something similar.  I'd heard Murrayfield was more likely than Easter Road though.

What ?!!! 

This season ?

Next Season ??

:pleasing: :pleasing:

:wow:

Source?

Ann Budge stated this at the shareholders meeting last month. Already been discussed on here in detail and I thought everyone already knew about it.

I've always thought this was the likely senario. In the absense of official sources though I will hold my horses.

What ?!!! 

This season ?

Next Season ??

Yeah, though I hasten to add this could well have been Chinese whispers.  Guess we'll find out if there are any plans soon enough.

Fxxx the SPFL

I was in the offices at Tynecastle this morning donating a couple of items for the museum, I was taken into a room full of volunteers helping to catalogue/view all potential items. When I mentioned about hopefully remaining at Tynecastle with all that's going on Museum, Memorial Garden, Statue etc I was met with a stony silence and a few wry smiles. Davy Allan aka London Hearts was present so hopefully an official announcement tomorrow re the new QATAR AIRLINES STAND sorry stand.

By no means an expert on these things but is 5 months a realistic timescale to get full planning application approved? The council took 3 months to approve a building warrant for my garage conversion.

Might be that the club has been consulting with the council pre submission of the application which may speed up the process but there will still be neighbour consultation/objections to deal with which makes me thing that a summer commencement of the works is tight and leaves to club very little wriggle room.

Not trying to pour water on the OP and I would be delighted if it is true just genuinely asking the question.

Private Womble

What ?!!! 

This season ?

Next Season ??

This season mate.

Private Womble

Ann Budge stated this at the shareholders meeting last month. Already been discussed on here in detail and I thought everyone already knew about it.

Sorry. Didn't realise it was already discussed on here. Seems a few have missed out the detailed discussions of the stand confirmed to go up this summer. 

This season mate.

If true that's amazing. If anything is announced at the agm, lets hope drawings come with it, would be amazing to see what has been planned

Malcolm Tucker

Play a few games at Murrayfield at the end of this season, start next season with away fixtures.... job's a good'un.

:jjyay:

jamboinglasgow

If true that's amazing. If anything is announced at the agm, lets hope drawings come with it, would be amazing to see what has been planned

I echo that. Also if the rumour is true it suggests that either they have the funding in place or confident they can secure it quickly.

Gene Parmesan

I was in the offices at Tynecastle this morning donating a couple of items for the museum, I was taken into a room full of volunteers helping to catalogue/view all potential items. When I mentioned about hopefully remaining at Tynecastle with all that's going on Museum, Memorial Garden, Statue etc I was met with a stony silence and a few wry smiles. Davy Allan aka London Hearts was present so hopefully an official announcement tomorrow re the new QATAR AIRLINES STAND sorry stand.

Subtle :lol:

Wonder if Edinburgh Airport CEO and big Hearts man Gordon Dewar has been putting a word in....

The vermin will be raging. Lovely.

"Death trap, stinks, asbestos, no safety certificate, should be pulled down, blah, blah............what's that?..........they're building a new stand...........shocking, shouldn't be allowed, listed building, blah, blah".

Son Of Anarchy

Mind the days when nothing but bad news and ridiculous statements were all waited on? We ******* deserve this. Oh yes we do ;)

Mind the days when nothing but bad news and ridiculous statements were all waited on? We ******* deserve this. Oh yes we do ;)

This!! 

Hearts Heritage

Hearts played 1 home league game at Easter Road in 1914 v Raith Rovers when the 'Old Stand' was being built.

It's certainly been discussed in great detail but at no point has anybody confirmed it is happening. Budge etc have confirmed they were looking at possible options but thats it

Queen Anne is switching on my daughter's school Christmas tree lights tonight ...I'll try and confirm then!!  :thumbsup:

This makes me a happy man.

Tell you what Ann Budge has not ****ed about since taking this club on. She is the ultimate example of what a chairwomen should be.

This club a sinking wreck before she stepped in and rescued us.

Fort Vallance

To paraphrase Kevin Keegan, I would absolutely love it. However I'll wait until the official announcement if you don't mind.

Tell you what Ann Budge has not messed about since taking this club on. She is the ultimate example of what a chairperson should be.

PC and all that.

Diadora Van Basten

This makes me a happy man.

Tell you what Ann Budge has not messed about since taking this club on. She is the ultimate example of what a chairwomen should be.

This club a sinking wreck before she stepped in and rescued us.

If you were a woman using the toilets in the main stand...it's bound to focus the mind!

Great news if true.

Queen Anne is switching on my daughter's school Christmas tree lights tonight ...I'll try and confirm then!! :thumbsup:

She's been turning me on for nearly 2 years.

I think a lot of Hearts fans are jumping the gun here.  The notion that as of tomorrows AGM we will be announcing the demolition of the Main Stand and confirmation that a new stand will be built and ready for use part way into the beginning of next season seems to me to be quite frankly a lot of absolute nonsense.  I would be very happy to be proven wrong but I don't think I will be.  Much more likely is the announcement of some quite detailed plans and the associated costs, alongside some carefully thought out funding mechanisms to be debated within the FoH/wider support.  Which by the way would be a MAJOR announcement in itself, just not quite the seismic one a few are hoping for.

Archived