Private Womble

Hearts to Build a New Stand - PAN submitted (merged & updated)

fabienleclerq

Mind when the hibs fans came to Tynie with a Tesco banner.......Vermin Rides!

I feel a tesco extra style banner coming up when the new stand opens!

sam

Definately happening. I was told 2 years time though.

I think this is a far more likely scenario. I can't imagine a new stand bein in place for next season.

The Natural Order

I think a lot of Hearts fans are jumping the gun here.  The notion that as of tomorrows AGM we will be announcing the demolition of the Main Stand and confirmation that a new stand will be built and ready for use part way into the beginning of next season seems to me to be quite frankly a lot of absolute nonsense.  I would be very happy to be proven wrong but I don't think I will be.  Much more likely is the announcement of some quite detailed plans and the associated costs, alongside some carefully thought out funding mechanisms to be debated within the FoH/wider support.  Which by the way would be a MAJOR announcement in itself, just not quite the seismic one a few are hoping for.

Very much this. Folk think you can apply for planning consent and go through the whole tender process in four or five months, then carry out demolition and construction in another four or five months. I've got some magic beans if anyone wants to buy them.

Armageddon

Also, no trophy room being included and the DoF and Managers office (with the nameplate being 'Nheilson') will just be one room ...

Edited by Armageddon

manaliveits105

Only way there would be premier football at fester road next year but hopefully murrayfield

3fingersreid

Excellent news , now we should play ONE game at the echodome but we must sell it out and show that mob how it's done ;)

Jambof3tornado

Only way there would be premier football at fester road next year but hopefully murrayfield

Still cannot fathom why people would chose to watch football at murrayfield over fester road!!

TheMaganator

It is safe to say we are getting a new stand, rather than move sites. The announcement of the memorial garden pretty much guaranteed that. 

The question is just how long it will take and when it will start. 

jonnothejambo

"Flats, flats, glorious flats"

:verysmug:

Up ye's.

Nice one.

The shitehawks won't be happy.

Roond them !

Will miss my place in N2 and the sound guys there but you can't knock progress.

We_are_the_Hearts

Still cannot fathom why people would chose to watch football at murrayfield over fester road!!

1) Because that is our rivals ground

2) It's in a shit part of the city

3) People can have the same pre-match routine at Murrayfield

Clerry Jambo

:spoton:

Gorgie_Rules

Add to that the potential for bigger crowds on big games (potentially Europe). Hearts play a role in the finances of local business on match days, they won't suffer as much

scott herbertson

Queen Anne is switching on my daughter's school Christmas tree lights tonight ...I'll try and confirm then!!  :thumbsup:

Is there no end to this woman's talents?

I've put a new stand top of my Christmas list in case she is also Santa

Prince Buaben

Imagine they came up.. If we were there for 2 rounds of fixtures. Hibs fans in the away end in there own ground.. Home end full of Maroon and White and the Hearts song blaring out. :ninja:

kila

Imagine they came up.. If we were there for 2 rounds of fixtures. Hibs fans in the away end in there own ground.. Home end full of Maroon and White and the Hearts song blaring out. :ninja:

That would be rather amusing actually!

Turkishcap

How much positive news can a fan take? 

poultry

Fantastic news.

XB52

Keep the money in the Gorgie area, I mean spending in the local pubs, same match-day experience as much as possible. No money to the hibs for groundsharing

Dannie Boy

I'll be at the AGM (both) tomorrow so I'll post any updates and revelations as they are announced.

kila

I'll be at the AGM (both) tomorrow so I'll post any updates and revelations as they are announced.

What time does it start?

Tasavallan

You don't?

I'd prefer Saughton Enclosure to ER.

CollyWolly

Not a chance of this happening next summer. We haven't even submitted a planning application and it certainly isn't in the consultation and objection phase even if we have done it covertly.

Summer 2017 at the very earliest, and even that's a stretch given the apparent and well documented obstacles.

Turkishcap

Keep the money in the Gorgie area, I mean spending in the local pubs, same match-day experience as much as possible. No money to the hibs for groundsharing

I agree there, rather see money go to rugby than our dear friends.

Icon of Symmetry

Not a chance of this happening next summer. We haven't even submitted a planning application and it certainly isn't in the consultation and objection phase even if we have done it covertly.

Summer 2017 at the very earliest, and even that's a stretch given the apparent and well documented obstacles.

How do you know mate?

Dannie Boy

What time does it start?

Thursday 3 December at 11am.

The FOH AGM starts at 2pm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

adambraejambo

And we would of course give them only half the away end ! the scenes lol

CollyWolly

How do you know mate?

Because these things are a matter of public record and we'd certainly know if we were in the consultation and objection stage because, by its very nature, it can't be done in secret.

Icon of Symmetry

Because these things are a matter of public record and we'd certainly know if we were in the consultation and objection stage because, by its very nature, it can't be done in secret.

Thanks. Not my area. So is it not possible that this is going to be finished next season?

BigC

I will be surprised and amazed if it happens this summer.

It's not impossible, but as people say, to do it in that short a time scale would be miraculous.

I will be delighted if there are plans in place for 2017 and I have no doubt that Ann & Co will have been working hard on this.

kila

Probably, but I'm sure there was noise at the shareholder's dinner that the council were in informal agreement with plans, which might allow things to be fast tracked. We'll find out tomorrow!

Salad Fingers

When the Wheatfield was built, did we play games away from home during the start of the season as work was being finished?

No, the majority of the shed was pulled down with a few games of the season left and the rest of the terracing was ripped up during the summer. 

Great news by the way.  Fingers crossed its the same height as the rest of the stands, making Scotland's best stadium for atmosphere even better.  

Edited by Salad Fingers

ford donald

Wonder if Ann has been in a huddle with her pal Leeann to line up ER for the transition?

Hope so. I live very close :)

They meet regularly,seemingly.

Bert Le Clos

The Tesco Cala Homes Stand plz Anne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CollyWolly

Probably, but I'm sure there was noise at the shareholder's dinner that the council were in informal agreement with plans, which might allow things to be fast tracked. We'll find out tomorrow!

You can't fast track the public consultation process. It's an essential legal element of permission being granted. I am pretty sure it's a 90 days period for something that big and significant to the area. There will be many interested parties, some of whom will doubtless object.

If we have a new stand completed at Tynecastle before the end of 2016, I will wear a Hibs top with the name Riordan on the back to the first six games.

Icon of Symmetry

You can't fast track the public consultation process. It's an essential legal element of permission being granted. I am pretty sure it's a 90 days period for something that big and significant to the area. There will be many interested parties, some of whom will doubtless object.

If we have a new stand completed at Tynecastle before the end of 2016, I will wear a Hibs top with the name Riordan on the back to the first six games.

Are you Sergey? :-D

OmiyaHearts

The Tesco Cala Homes Stand plz Anne.

How about the Brian Jackson Ukio Frozen Shares Stand?

Dannie Boy

Do we not already have planning permission which would date back to Vlads days.

CollyWolly

Do we not already have planning permission which would date back to Vlads days.

No. And if we did it would be expired.

letsalldothebeattie

Will be sad to see the old stand go but we are in desperate need of a new main stand like others would be surprised if it can be built so quick but will look forward to seeing and hearing plans and then see it being built

GBJambo

Just wait for all the losers to send in their objections to the Council.

Joe Hearts

All this good news and its not even Christmas yet.

buzzbomb1958

Just wait for all the losers to send in their objections to the Council.

Greenginger is already on his typewriter tap tap tap tapitty tap

socrates82

Interesting article http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13213144.Budge_has_a_change_of_heart_over_new_stadium/

There may have been more work done on this than we realise. 5-6 months after Ann mooted staying and there's an announcement tomorrow.

Exactly. If this is a genuine big announcement it's likely to be more than "We are exploring options, tell us what you think..." and more like "We have started the process, here are the detailed plans of what we're building, what it costs and how it's being funded, and here's the timescale. Feedback welcome....."

Gene Parmesan

Exactly. If this is a genuine big announcement it's likely to be more than "We are exploring options, tell us what you think..." and more like "We have started the process, here are the detailed plans of what we're building, what it costs and how it's being funded, and here's the timescale. Feedback welcome....."

I can live with it not being built overnight. It's the funding I am really interested in. And I guess the design as well actually...

CollyWolly

Interesting article http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13213144.Budge_has_a_change_of_heart_over_new_stadium/

There may have been more work done on this than we realise. 5-6 months after Ann mooted staying and there's an announcement tomorrow.

There may well be an announcement tomorrow on intentions, in fact I think it's well known that there will be some kind of update. Like I said, this can't be done in secret, it can't be rushed through and it can't be done on a nod and a wink. Someone is bound to object when the consultation period goes live. It certainly hasn't done so yet. Someone objecting takes the process to 4 months of consultation and we might lose or have to amend the plans.

There might well be news on the way. There is no chance whatever of a new stand being erected by the end of 2016 if we haven't even embarked on the consultation process yet. Demolition itself will take at least 3 months.

Edited by CollyWolly

Hackney Hearts

This is all true. Although perhaps there's a Plan A and Plan B (which might explain why different people have heard different whispers). If planning has been agreed in principle behind the scenes, then the 3 month consultation process could begin in the New Year - if it's all plain sailing (unlikely) they might have a shot at starting in summer 2016, but if they run into issues (much more likely) then they could start in summer 2017. 

Fourcandles

She's been turning me on for nearly 2 years.

Think a few people are being premature here, but it'll be an impressive erection process undoubtedly.

CollyWolly

This is all true. Although perhaps there's a Plan A and Plan B (which might explain why different people have heard different whispers). If planning has been agreed in principle behind the scenes, then the 3 month consultation process could begin in the New Year - if it's all plain sailing (unlikely) they might have a shot at starting in summer 2016, but if they run into issues (much more likely) then they could start in summer 2017.

2017 is perfectly possible. 2016 isn't.

socrates82

I can live with it not being built overnight. It's the funding I am really interested in. And I guess the design as well actually...

It's like waiting for a new signing. A new stand that retains some of the historical elements of the original plus matches the rest of the ground, plus a plan to fill in 2 or all corners would be amazing. If it has to be sponsored that's fine but naming it after a Hearts great would be good - maybe that's where fan involvement can be brought in through a vote.