Attendance

roscogt1

Looking through the results here and noticed again that Celtic haven't provided their attendance at yesterday's game against Kilmarnock. I'm wondering if there's a particular reason for this as every other game across the country has?

Looking through the results here and noticed again that Celtic haven't provided their attendance at yesterday's game against Kilmarnock. I'm wondering if there's a particular reason for this as every other game across the country has?

Probably because it was pish! I saw an article in the sun on Friday (someone else bought it) with Scott Brown talking about how it's still great playing in front of 60k crowds. Long time since he did that!

They like to kid on that there is thousands more at their games than there actually is and they can't/won't be seen releasing league crowd figures of 20 odd thousand. They are missing their "hated rivals" big time and they are possibly the only club who are feeling the financial hit of Rangers not being in the same league.

Son Of Anarchy

The commentators on radio yesterday said it looked like 40k then there was a silence so in assuming it was less than that amount.

Francis Albert

I don't really see why counting tickets sold is necessarily wrong. From a revenue perspective it is what matters. But 20,000 ST holders not bothering to turn up sounds a lot ... well it IS a lot

I think they get quite paranoid about their attendances since Rangers died. There is definitely a direct correlation between the death of Rangers and the drop in their attendances but they'll never admit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh ah grantona

I think they get quite paranoid about their attendances since Rangers died. There is definitely a direct correlation between the death of Rangers and the drop in their attendances but they'll never admit it.

It's actually not, because if you go back before 2012 and look at smaller games their attendance was a lot lower and dropping, prob more due to recession and less traveling from Ireland.

What they have now is less season tickets because

1.no Rangers means they can pick at choose games without missing out due to unable to get a ticket

2. They can't qualify for champions league another big event at Celtic park, The Europa does nothing for them

Sure when Rangers return they will see an uplift but it was falling long before 2012. Not that many media will pick up on

Footballfirst

Celtic claimed just under 39,000 standard ST sales (40,472 including half STs and hospitality) last season but their accounts claimed this season's sales as "encouraging".  I guess that means they will be around 36K/37K this season.

Their lowest reported league attendance this season was 42,507 against St Johnstone, just a few days after Malmo emptied them out of the CL qualifiers.

They like to kid on that there is thousands more at their games than there actually is and they can't/won't be seen releasing league crowd figures of 20 odd thousand. They are missing their "hated rivals" big time and they are possibly the only club who are feeling the financial hit of Rangers not being in the same league.

The last point is spot on.

Hearts figure for yesterday was 16,736 that looks to me to be tickets sold.

How would that work though? The match was a sell out so in that case they'd be saying our capacity is around 17,000 which is lower than it is.

Unless they're not counting hospitality who use a seat, which also doesn't make sense because they are clearly in attendance.

Can't see how it would be anything other than tickets scanned through turnstiles.

I think it's the number in attendance not tickets sold. It fluctuates, even when the away section sells out.

this is so true..........without The Rangers International..........celtic have lost their raison d'etre, their joie de vivre has flew out the door........

There are about 300 empty seats in the segregation areas in the Roseburn. Adding 100 odd of non-attendants around the stadium which will bring up the figure to around 17,200 which seems about right for what the total capacity is.

Hackney Hearts

Can't be, can it? All tickets were sold...

17,300 capacity minus 300 for segregation = 17,000

Why is the attendance not given as 17,000 ? (or thereabouts)

It's actually not, because if you go back before 2012 and look at smaller games their attendance was a lot lower and dropping, prob more due to recession and less traveling from Ireland.

What they have now is less season tickets because

1.no Rangers means they can pick at choose games without missing out due to unable to get a ticket

2. They can't qualify for champions league another big event at Celtic park, The Europa does nothing for them

Sure when Rangers return they will see an uplift but it was falling long before 2012. Not that many media will pick up on

I only recently learned that there are/were coachloads of fans from RoI/NI for OF games. Don't know why that surprised me but it did. Anyone know, even very roughly, what percentage of their fans at home games are from Ireland?

Cast No Shadow

Tynecastle doesn't hold 17,300. It hasn't held that for years since we got rows of seats removed and the old Lower N stripped down.

The two derby figures last year must have either been inaccurate or perhaps the club counted resold tickets.

Hackney Hearts

Tynecastle doesn't hold 17,300. It hasn't held that for years since we got rows of seats removed and the old Lower N stripped down.

Is that not what brought it down to 17,300?

Neilson's Shank

I only recently learned that there are/were coachloads of fans from RoI/NI for OF games. Don't know why that surprised me but it did. Anyone know, even very roughly, what percentage of their fans at home games are from Ireland?

I had to do a weeks work to do in NI about 5 years ago and decided to take the ferry for the experience since the company was paying. I was booked on the 16.00 on the Friday, got down to the terminal abou t 15.15 found my seat and sat down to read. About 10 minutes before departure 6 busloads of the hooped demons came on board., they all had to seated for sailing. 10 minutes in the bar opened and 20 minutes later the quaint folk songs started getting belted out this went on until 15 minutes out from Ardrossan when the bar closed and they were herded back to their seats. They looked on me as just another suit putting his papers back in his bag until my wife phoned me and the Hearts song started belting out. Got real funny looks and barbed comments as we departed the boat, scum.

fabienleclerq

I'm sure I read Rangers had 7k season ticket holders in NI. Not sure how accurate that is.

Hackney Hearts

The two derby figures last year must have either been inaccurate or perhaps the club counted resold tickets.

They can't all be inaccurate...

The Rangers 2-0 game had 17,004 including segregation of 300.

Did the club not re install a lot of the seats that had been removed ?

I seem to remember at one point the seats where the YT sit had been removed /sealed off. Same with the seats in the far lower corner of Section M. That would explain the full Stadium capacity being back up at 17300.

queensferryjambo

On the radio after the game yesterday one of the pundits said that the upper tier at Parkhead was shut and had been shut for league games this season.

Is that true?

I find it hard to believe that but since I never made this season away Celtic match I don't know. 

Sportscene just showed the attendance at Parkhead as 42,770. Ha bloody ha. The true figure must have been barely half of that.

The Treasurer

Not really interested in sellik's crowds (or lack of). I'm more concerned that when we announced yet another home sell out there was still quite a few empty seats, mostly lower Gorgie (again) and Lower Roseburn where the "singing section" (remember them) used to be.

Not really interested in sellik's crowds (or lack of). I'm more concerned that when we announced yet another home sell out there was still quite a few empty seats, mostly lower Gorgie (again) and Lower Roseburn where the "singing section" (remember them) used to be.

A number of folk who bought tickets might not be able to make the game for various reasons. Unless they release their seats, the club can't give them to anyone else. It happens at any club, it's not unique to us so it's not something to be concerned by.

I am curious what'll happen to the banned bunch from the singing section seats that aren't being released for general sale.

It's not difficult to understand or concerning.

Capacity 17,280 less 300 for segregation = 16,980. No tickets left for sale and attendance given as 16,736 meaning 244 punters that had tickets (probably season tickets) didn't attend.

I was there and that looked about right to me.

Francis Albert

As posted on another thread if Hearts gave a proportion of the proceeds from resold seats to the ST holder who released the seat then there would be fewer empty seats. Arsenal and apparently Rangers do this in the form of a discount to the following season's ST. The club shouldn't have to rely on the charity or philanthropy of ST holders.

But there will always be a percentage of ST holders who don't know until the last minute whether or not they can attend.

The gaps in some of the cheaper areas may be due to infrequent attendees who buy an ST to support the club financially and to guarantee a seat and access to cup finals and other all ticket games.

Nah that will be people at the game. Was full except for the odd seat here and there where season tickets clearly haven't turned up.

Also an inexplicable wee patch of empty seats in section H.

laughing-choom.gif

The Treasurer

A number of folk who bought tickets might not be able to make the game for various reasons. Unless they release their seats, the club can't give them to anyone else. It happens at any club, it's not unique to us so it's not something to be concerned by.

I am curious what'll happen to the banned bunch from the singing section seats that aren't being released for general sale.

Of course I understand that there will always be a few ST holders who can't make the match (and don't release their seat for resale) but, in the case of the Gorgie stand it always seems to be the same seats that are empty.

Of course I understand that there will always be a few ST holders who can't make the match (and don't release their seat for resale) but, in the case of the Gorgie stand it always seems to be the same seats that are empty.

I think there's a batch kept aside for corporate. I've seen them empty for the first half before and then in the second half a bunch of people in suits had filled them up.

Hackney Hearts

It's not difficult to understand or concerning.

Capacity 17,280 less 300 for segregation = 16,980. No tickets left for sale and attendance given as 16,736 meaning 244 punters that had tickets (probably season tickets) didn't attend.

I was there and that looked about right to me.

Yes.

Very small point, but I'm assuming that 17,280 figure comes from the Hibs game(s) last season. It's worth mentioning that the Rangers 2-0 game had a crowd of 17,004 - with segregation of 300 - which would make the max capacity (no segregation) 17,304.

I'm not sure everyone knows that they can put their seat up for re-sale. I sit up the back row of C, and the seat next to me (my GF old seat) had been free every game, yet it was shown to have been sold on E-Ticketing. I wondered if Hearts had just taken it off because nobody would want to buy a single seat. However it turns out someone's seat. I was shocked when this dude turned up and said it was his ST seat, but he works most weekends so is never there - he has been to 1 game all season. I imagine the empty seats we see around the stadium are seats folk bought when we went into administration. Maybe these ST holders don't even live in the country? Offering some sort of incentive would maybe encourage them to give up their seat on match days.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yes.

Very small point, but I'm assuming that 17,280 figure comes from the Hibs game(s) last season. It's worth mentioning that the Rangers 2-0 game had a crowd of 17,004 - with segregation of 300 - which would make the max capacity (no segregation) 17,304.

Both games against Hibs last year were 17280 in one and a few less in the other so reasonable to assume 17300 I think.

Loads of empty seats on Saturday in A and the edge of B and also scattered around other areas from what u saw. Definitely more than 300 IMO so I'm in agreement with 12august

Hackney Hearts

I'm in agreement with 12august

It can't be as simple as "tickets sold" - if that were the method, the attendance would be 17,000.

joondalupjambo

I'm not sure everyone knows that they can put their seat up for re-sale. I sit up the back row of C, and the seat next to me (my GF old seat) had been free every game, yet it was shown to have been sold on E-Ticketing. I wondered if Hearts had just taken it off because nobody would want to buy a single seat. However it turns out someone's seat. I was shocked when this dude turned up and said it was his ST seat, but he works most weekends so is never there - he has been to 1 game all season. I imagine the empty seats we see around the stadium are seats folk bought when we went into administration. Maybe these ST holders don't even live in the country? Offering some sort of incentive would maybe encourage them to give up their seat on match days.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I life in Australia for part of the year and am a season ticket holder.  When I am not in Scotland my mate uses the ticket.  Perhaps the guy next to you is a Johnny no mates and has not got anyone to give his ticket to :tiny:   I started getting the season ticket, after years of not having one, when we went into admin and it was one of ways of being involved in getting some cash into the club.

Doctor FinnBarr

I had to do a weeks work to do in NI about 5 years ago and decided to take the ferry for the experience since the company was paying. I was booked on the 16.00 on the Friday, got down to the terminal abou t 15.15 found my seat and sat down to read. About 10 minutes before departure 6 busloads of the hooped demons came on board., they all had to seated for sailing. 10 minutes in the bar opened and 20 minutes later the quaint folk songs started getting belted out this went on until 15 minutes out from Ardrossan when the bar closed and they were herded back to their seats. They looked on me as just another suit putting his papers back in his bag until my wife phoned me and the Hearts song started belting out. Got real funny looks and barbed comments as we departed the boat, scum.

Now I could be wrong here but I think the only ferry to sail into Ardrossan is the one from Arran.

Certainly any time I've sailed from NI the Larne ferry goes to Cairnryan and the Belfast one heads to Stranraer

scott herbertson

I'm at Tynecastle tomorrow. I'll check what figures are being published.

Be good to get a definitive answer on this one from the club Davy. Re above 17,304 figure (from Rangers game) in fact if it's people through the gates we can assume their were at least a few sick or otherwise absent people in which case capacity would be somewhere around 17,320.

I'm up for the ICT game so that is one definite, but when I don't attend a friend always uses the seat.

Cast No Shadow

I'm at Tynecastle tomorrow. I'll check what figures are being published.

Find out what the actual capacity is nowadays, and if it's still said to be 17,420/17,529 as given by several sources online, find out how on earth they are arriving at that figure and why we never reach it for games that are sold out even with no segregation.

Archived