Sky Friends & Family

Do The Dance

Does anyone here work for Sky? Sure there was someone who mentioned these deals before.

I currently have sky, had the friends and family discount, but my contract has now ended (meaning a massive price hike). If I were to leave and take a new account out in my girlfriends name with her account details, would it qualify as a new customer, and therefore able to use a friends and family discount again (if I can get a code)?

Dean Winchester

Probably but I'm not 100%. There's nothing in the terms to state that it's per address, just per customer.

Give me a message with name and email and I can fire you a code if you want to chance your luck. ?25/month for the full TV package is on offer until December.

Probably but I'm not 100%. There's nothing in the terms to state that it's per address, just per customer.

Give me a message with name and email and I can fire you a code if you want to chance your luck. ?25/month for the full TV package is on offer until December.

Cheers mate. Will phone up to cancel and get back to you before December.

Im in the same boat would love to know if this is the case as my F and F ran out last month amd would swap it into my wifes name.

Hi Dean, finally got mine installed yesterday, just in time to watch the BBC ALBA highlights on demand!

Thanks again for the code.

When mines run out I cancelled my subscription giving 30 days notice. Week later they called offering 30% off for the year, I turned it down. Few days before it was due to be turned off they called and offered 50% for 12 months with no tie in which I accepted. It's worth trying this if you are going to cancel anyway. Just say it's too expensive when they ask why.

SKY is pish IMO. The broadband is slower than a week in jail and as soon as there's the slightest bit of crap weather the TV signal scrambles. As soon as my contract runs out, I'll be going back to Virgin media.

SKY is pish IMO. The broadband is slower than a week in jail and as soon as there's the slightest bit of crap weather the TV signal scrambles. As soon as my contract runs out, I'll be going back to Virgin media.

It's a funny old world. I just paid virgin a few quid short of 2 ton to end my contract because of how shite I think they are.

jack D and coke

Anyone know of any decent deals for existing Sky customers?

Existing customers are best to call and politely say your leaving. Give them their due they normally try give you quite a bit off. I've had a couple of conversations this week as my deal runs out in about 3 weeks. It was supposed to rise to ?64 but already they've offered me the same deal for just over ?28. I'm going to hold off a bit longer just to see if they offer anything else and obviously to look around at other suppliers.

Failing that you can cancel, wait a couple of weeks and change the name and bank account of the sky account holder and your good to take one of Dean's ?25 offers.

jack D and coke

It's a funny old world. I just paid virgin a few quid short of 2 ton to end my contract because of how shite I think they are.

Everybody always has different experiences with different suppliers. Most people are telling me to go with BT but I know a couple of people who've had a nightmare with them.

Personally my sky broadband has been flawless too.

Is there ever any offers for existing customers to get a new box? Looked st the web site and it was pricey. My box is the old one without wifi but could do with the newer wifi one.

Dean how does the code work,do you enter it online or phone up? Is there an offer to include broadband, or do you just factor that extra price in?

Dean Winchester

Dean how does the code work,do you enter it online or phone up? Is there an offer to include broadband, or do you just factor that extra price in?

You get a code and a link. There is an offer to include Fibre at half price for 6 months as well plus line rental.

• 3 weeks later...

Dean you still got a code?

Was going to try this tonight, and see what happens.

We are looking to get BT sports added to our sky in the house, but an extra 25 quid a month is steep. Anyone know any underhand tricks to get it at a reduced price?

Feels like we've been with sky for ages and never been rewarded, but all the new customers get some good deals.

Tommiwastheboss

We are looking to get BT sports added to our sky in the house, but an extra 25 quid a month is steep. Anyone know any underhand tricks to get it at a reduced price?

Feels like we've been with sky for ages and never been rewarded, but all the new customers get some good deals.

Free with BT Broadband, don't think sky can do deals on channels they don't own

when moving into my new house i got a great deal.off dean for sky tv. i then went to get bt broadband and it was an extra 5 pounds a month on my broadband price. anyway, they wanted 160 quid upfront deposit that i would get back in 6 months. this was after activating my tv channel and taking my 35 quid broadband activation fee. i told them to bolt and cancel everything and refund me. so the duly did. however they forgot to cancel my bt sport... so free bt sport for me on my sky tv!

Dean Winchester

when moving into my new house i got a great deal.off dean for sky tv. i then went to get bt broadband and it was an extra 5 pounds a month on my broadband price. anyway, they wanted 160 quid upfront deposit that i would get back in 6 months. this was after activating my tv channel and taking my 35 quid broadband activation fee. i told them to bolt and cancel everything and refund me. so the duly did. however they forgot to cancel my bt sport... so free bt sport for me on my sky tv!

Thought I had gotten away with something similar but they cut the channel off for me after a month.

Thought I had gotten away with something similar but they cut the channel off for me after a month.

thats been since august when i moved in. if it gets cut off now im still pleased i got 5/6 months free bt sport haha!

Archived