Kodi again

Unknown user

chester copperpot

I signed up for Amarok G yesterday and watched last night's game flawlessly.

Still a but early but for 8.50 a month, I made my money already by binge watching Cobra Kai into the wee small hours this morning.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

On 07/09/2018 at 16:37, chester copperpot said:

I signed up for Amarok G yesterday and watched last night's game flawlessly.

Still a but early but for 8.50 a month, I made my money already by binge watching Cobra Kai into the wee small hours this morning.

Would you mind Pm 'ing me a link

thanks

jack D and coke
35 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

The developer for Placenta is packing it in. Another one bites the dust.

Neptune Rising and Placenta. Two of the best kodi addons imo. 

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Neptune Rising and Placenta. Two of the best kodi addons imo. 

Literally just ordered a Fire Stick (not just for the streaming sites) to find out the news about Terrarium. Poor timing! Will need to install some of the alternatives.

What's the best Fire Stick sports app? Mobdro?

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, Ali-1874 said:

Literally just ordered a Fire Stick (not just for the streaming sites) to find out the news about Terrarium. Poor timing! Will need to install some of the alternatives.

What's the best Fire Stick sports app? Mobdro?

Paid ones are best but it’s a total minefield these days I really wouldn’t like to recommend anything now. They could find themselves blocked at any time. 

Terrarium was the dugs bollocks. Sad to see it go! 

Wouldn't be surprised to see another of similar quality pop up soon though. Someone has recommended TeaTV so will give that a bash tonight. 

8 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

What is Real Debrid?

When you sign up, you can link it to kodi addons. Its essentially a premium stream service. So while everyone is clicking on the free links (and likely to get buffering/broken links now and again) for your favourite shows, you will be presented with premium streams and higher bandwidth. Costs about £10 for 6 months.

You can also use it to download files for offline viewing.

Edited by Disco Dave

jack D and coke

Said once or twice on here that I think the plex or emby accounts are the way to go or an iptv with plenty VOD. I was paying £30 a year for Real Debrid and the same for a VPN and although it worked well in the main it’s definitely been getting a little bit worse of late. I’ve got a plex now for £25 a year and loads of content on there. Gets updated quite a bit as well. Only thing I couldn’t find was El Chapo but everything else I’ve searched for it’s been there and in HD. I can access it from my phone/tablet/pc/Android box etc as long as I have decent internet connection too. 

Things have come a long way since I started this thread, to the extent I don't even have kodi installed on anything any more. My main raspberry pi is en route to becoming a Google Assistant (if I can bloody get it working) and anything I want to watch can be cast to from the wife's chromebook via redbox for live TV or showbox for on demand free of charge. 

I love kodi but looks like it's had it's day. 

(If anyone does have a working example of alexa or Google home on a pi, let me know by the way)

15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Said once or twice on here that I think the plex or emby accounts are the way to go or an iptv with plenty VOD. I was paying £30 a year for Real Debrid and the same for a VPN and although it worked well in the main it’s definitely been getting a little bit worse of late. I’ve got a plex now for £25 a year and loads of content on there. Gets updated quite a bit as well. Only thing I couldn’t find was El Chapo but everything else I’ve searched for it’s been there and in HD. I can access it from my phone/tablet/pc/Android box etc as long as I have decent internet connection too. 

Real Debrid works perfectly for me but I’m keen to see what Plex is about based on your positive review. Got any links to services you recommend? How does it work (through an android box presumably?).

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

Real Debrid works perfectly for me but I’m keen to see what Plex is about based on your positive review. Got any links to services you recommend? How does it work (through an android box presumably?).

There’s loads out there ranging in price. I’ve seen them as low as £15 a year but with only one log in depending on how they administer the service.  I’ve got this one for £25 for 12 months and my daughter uses it as well so can’t complain. 

Any device that can install plex can access the service so yeah an android box is mainly how I watch but I can also watch via iPad etc. Even PS4’s and XB1. As long as my internet connection is decent it’s all good. 

You cant get a trial anywhere that I’ve found yet. I can give you the link if you’re on Twitter?

Edited by jack D and coke

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, ULSTER HEARTS said:

Does it work the same way as Kodi i.e you use addons or is everything there for you as if it's a build?

No, no addons in plex it’s a stand-alone piece of software/media player. You stream directly from a private server not through scraper sites via addons like Placenta or Neptune Rising/ Genesis/ exodus whatever. He gives you a log in to a private server and you stream from there. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

No, no addons in plex it’s a stand-alone piece of software/media player. You stream directly from a private server not through scraper sites via addons like Placenta or Neptune Rising/ Genesis/ exodus whatever. He gives you a log in to a private server and you stream from there. 

For those still keen on kodi for whatever reason, there is a plex addon. RasPlex is also available as an OS for raspberry pi.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

There’s loads out there ranging in price. I’ve seen them as low as £15 a year but with only one log in depending on how they administer the service.  I’ve got this one for £25 for 12 months and my daughter uses it as well so can’t complain. 

Any device that can install plex can access the service so yeah an android box is mainly how I watch but I can also watch via iPad etc. Even PS4’s and XB1. As long as my internet connection is decent it’s all good. 

You cant get a trial anywhere that I’ve found yet. I can give you the link if you’re on Twitter?

So it just sounds like FabIPTV, Bigcat, helix etc?

On 14/11/2017 at 07:02, crunchy frog said:

I got a bit of that but can't figure out how to use it. Won't let me pick a European server. Any ideas?

Here is a fix for Terrarium TV which I’ve tried and it does work. 

On 11/09/2018 at 00:38, jack D and coke said:

Yeah it’s gone. 

I haven’t used it but a mate has mentioned Gaia. Mibbe give that a bash.

https://gaiakodi.com/

I installed that but whenever I click on a show/film it searches for streams but never actually comes up with a list of links (it does find loads of streams though according to the pop up box whilst searching.

Any ideas?

jack D and coke
27 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I installed that but whenever I click on a show/film it searches for streams but never actually comes up with a list of links (it does find loads of streams though according to the pop up box whilst searching.

Any ideas?

Haven’t tried it myself mate. Joey JJ Jr Shabadoo reckons it works well with Debrid and the mate who recommended it to me also uses it with that. Debrid sort of guarantees decent streams. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
54 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Any ideas?

I've noticed I get more streams if my vpn is on. Haven't actually tried gaia yet, as there's nothing I want to watch (until blackkklansman is available). I only really watch sport and listen to music. 

7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Would take a link to this guy if you could PM JD

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Any ideas?

Had the same problem.

I'll renew my RD account just now andnsee if it makes a difference 

24 minutes ago, babywhalo said:

Had the same problem.

I'll renew my RD account just now andnsee if it makes a difference 

That's made the difference hughsie 

19 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Any chance of a PM for myself cheers? 

I’ve been using Poached on Kodi with Real Debrid for a while now with no issues. Great for all you tv and movies, runs just like Covenant. 

On 30/08/2018 at 18:37, hughesie27 said:

Set my FireTV box up today with a free trial of BigCats TV and the Terrarium App. Both work brilliantly. 

Cheers for the suggestions here.

On 06/09/2018 at 19:54, Disco Dave said:

I’ve got FabIPTV but they have closed to new subscribers. I took a free trial of this the other day and it was decent - http://bigcatstv.co.uk/store.html

I will probably switch over when my fab subscription ends.

How are you lads getting on with Big Cats TV? Thinking of giving it a try.

14 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

I've not watched much TV at all over the last couple of weeks but going by their Facebook group they've had loads of issues. Always onnit updating members though and it's usually back up fairly quickly.

19 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I've not watched much TV at all over the last couple of weeks but going by their Facebook group they've had loads of issues. Always onnit updating members though and it's usually back up fairly quickly.

Thanks. I have just requested the free trial, will see how it goes.

What back to real debrid with insurgence since terrarium went tits up.. Basically the same as Genesis/exodus and is working like a charm.. 

3 hours ago, Placid Casual said:

I only used it for the free trial (which was flawless). Got a couple of months left with FabIPTV but good to know there’s plenty other options out there for when I need to switch

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Disco Dave said:

I only used it for the free trial (which was flawless). Got a couple of months left with FabIPTV but good to know there’s plenty other options out there for when I need to switch

There’s absolutely loads of providers out there. It’s finding ones that will be around in a years time I suppose that’s becoming the issue. Most seem fairly decent tbf but encounter the usual problems of blocks etc after a while. 

Nature of it I guess. 

12 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

There’s absolutely loads of providers out there. It’s finding ones that will be around in a years time I suppose that’s becoming the issue. Most seem fairly decent tbf but encounter the usual problems of blocks etc after a while. 

Nature of it I guess. 

I’ve been lucky. Only had to switch once from sportsmania and FabIPTV over the past 3 or 4 years.