Kodi again

Unknown user

My IPTV provider looks like they've been shut down. What's everyone else using just now? Mainly interested in US sports, live TV options, catch up/VOD. Dont watch much live UK football outside of going to Tynecastle so EPL not a requirement 

Edited by Poseidon

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

2 hours ago, Poseidon said:

My IPTV provider looks like they've been shut down. What's everyone else using just now? Mainly interested in US sports, live TV options, catch up/VOD. Dont watch much live UK football outside of going to Tynecastle so EPL not a requirement 

Send jack D and coke a pm.

invernessjt
12 hours ago, Poseidon said:

I use Helix Hosting. Great for US sports.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
jack D and coke

Just a heads up to anybody looking for a new box I bought myself a Formuler Z8, it’s awesome tbh. I’d been using an amazon 4K firebox for a couple of years and thought I’d upgrade as the formuler had been recommended to me. Has its own software for IPTV and has EPG with a planner and recording etc, superb. 

Can record and use other apps at the same time too. Lightning fast to top it off. 

Really recommended. 

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Just a heads up to anybody looking for a new box I bought myself a Formuler Z8, it’s awesome tbh. I’d been using an amazon 4K firebox for a couple of years and thought I’d upgrade as the formuler had been recommended to me. Has its own software for IPTV and has EPG with a planner and recording etc, superb. 

Can record and use other apps at the same time too. Lightning fast to top it off. 

Really recommended. 

I'm still on the raspberry pi train :)

I have a question for anyone using VPNs by the way. 

A few weeks ago I bought a year of PureVPN, everything seemed fine. I realised though that the android app was sketchy and started double checking my IP address. I found that I wasn't hidden at all, despite the app saying I was. 

I got in touch and did a bit of troubleshooting without success, and ended up asking to cancel - if their software can tell me I'm covered when I'm not, I don't feel it's a service I can trust. 

So I'm looking for a new vpn provider, ideally something that works on kodi. Any recommendations?

(By the way, I found it that what Pure actually did was give me an extra year service as compensation, then when I asked, gave me the refund AND let me keep the two years. Pretty outstanding customer service to be fair!)

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

A few weeks ago I bought a year of PureVPN, everything seemed fine. I realised though that the android app was sketchy and started double checking my IP address. I found that I wasn't hidden at all, despite the app saying I was. 

I got in touch and did a bit of troubleshooting without success, and ended up asking to cancel - if their software can tell me I'm covered when I'm not, I don't feel it's a service I can trust. 

So I'm looking for a new vpn provider, ideally something that works on kodi. Any recommendations?

(By the way, I found it that what Pure actually did was give me an extra year service as compensation, then when I asked, gave me the refund AND let me keep the two years. Pretty outstanding customer service to be fair!)

I use Digibit. Really good imo. £2 a month from this link??

https://digibitdesign.com/whmcs/aff.php?aff=212

like all VPN’s try the servers then speed test but a rolling contract. If you don’t like then just don’t renew??

• 4 weeks later...
crunchy frog

The guy in charge of the supremacy add on has been busted by the plod. In the wake of that a good few addons have disappeared including 13 clowns, Overeasy and Yoda. Is the end near for kodi?. 

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

The guy in charge of the supremacy add on has been busted by the plod. In the wake of that a good few addons have disappeared including 13 clowns, Overeasy and Yoda. Is the end near for kodi?. 

Happened a few times in the past I’d imagine more will appear. I’ve sort of left kodi behind recently. Takes an absolute age to find streams there’s better out there with apk’s, Cyberflix, Titanium and Cinema HD. 

Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

Kodi platform will still exist as a platform.

It's use by illegal add-ons that we all have loved will cease.

As JD&C says, streaming has moved on from kodi anyway.

Unknown user
4 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

I doubt it, it's nowhere near as popular as it was but there's still plenty of demand.

The kodi addons aren't the problem anyway, they just access websites where the pirated content is hosted. As long as people keep feeding the content there'll be kids out there ready to program the next kodi addon.

AlimOzturk

Ever since the days of Napster, Kaza megaupload ect....we have been told that torrenting/streaming will come to end. 

The invention of spotify and other music streaming services make downloading music rather a pointless exercise for me. If the Movie and TV/Sporting industries did the same then it would put these illegal IPTV and streaming services out of business. 

They are pissing in the wind trying to shut it down as they are always two steps behind. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

crunchy frog

I think the fact the polis were involved this time has made a few of them think twice,  but all the above points are valid.

• 1 month later...

Hi...I've read through the last few years of this thread and can't find my answer! I have an amazon fire stick that's jail broken and wanting to get hearts TV on it in whatever capacity. Before anyone says sign up to hearts TV international I have for 2 years but this is for my father, who getting VPNs etc set up for him is a little bit more tricky at his age and want an easier solution in time for the game on Sunday. Any help is appreciated. Cheers.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, cruzabic said:

Hi...I've read through the last few years of this thread and can't find my answer! I have an amazon fire stick that's jail broken and wanting to get hearts TV on it in whatever capacity. Before anyone says sign up to hearts TV international I have for 2 years but this is for my father, who getting VPNs etc set up for him is a little bit more tricky at his age and want an easier solution in time for the game on Sunday. Any help is appreciated. Cheers.

Tried to PM you bud you can’t receive any. 

13 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Tried to PM you bud you can’t receive any. 

Oh I didnt know that. I'll look to see if theres a setting I have to change.

jack D and coke
22 minutes ago, cruzabic said:

Oh I didnt know that. I'll look to see if theres a setting I have to change.

Pm me bud👍🏼

David McCaig
21 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Pm me bud👍🏼

Is there an IPTV service that will be showing this afternoons match?

mrmarkus1981
32 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Is there an IPTV service that will be showing this afternoons match?

In my experience most IPTV subs have Aberdeen TV so it's likely 👍

Edited by mrmarkus1981

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, mrmarkus1981 said:

In my experience most IPTV subs have Aberdeen TV so it's likely 👍

Cheers, which IPTV service is best?

Game is on channel 546 (Hearts TV Live)  off the UK sports section game comes live at 3pm 

Edited by kimosavi

On 02/06/2019 at 15:56, Smithee said:

Just buy yourself a firestick and get a subscription Smithee. I had a rasperry pi before my firestick and the firestick is light years ahead in speed, quality and general use as well as covering all the movie and sports channels 

David McCaig
10 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Game is on channel 546 (Hearts TV Live)  off the UK sports section game comes live at 3pm 

Which service is this?

Unknown user
29 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Just buy yourself a firestick and get a subscription Smithee. I had a rasperry pi before my firestick and the firestick is light years ahead in speed, quality and general use as well as covering all the movie and sports channels 

I'm running a Pi3 just now with a Pi4 to come, they're pretty speedy now,  If I felt the need to change it would be to an android box, but that wouldn't sort the VPN problem. Cheers though!

I took advice from jack d and got a digibit vpn sub, very good although it took a while to get it working with kodi via openvpn.

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm running a Pi3 just now with a Pi4 to come, they're pretty speedy now,  If I felt the need to change it would be to an android box, but that wouldn't sort the VPN problem. Cheers though!

I took advice from jack d and got a digibit vpn sub, very good although it took a while to get it working with kodi via openvpn.

No worries. If it's not broken don't fix it 😁

• 3 months later...
jack D and coke

Haven’t used Kodi much for a while but installed 18.5 and installed a couple of add ons, working well again. 
One thing I can’t seem to find is how you boost volume. Used to press select when a stream was playing and the options were there but I’m fecked if I can find it in this one. 
Anybody?

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Haven’t used Kodi much for a while but installed 18.5 and installed a couple of add ons, working well again. 
One thing I can’t seem to find is how you boost volume. Used to press select when a stream was playing and the options were there but I’m fecked if I can find it in this one. 
Anybody?

Depends what skin you're using, that's how mine works.

You could always install Yatse on your phone and do it that way.

jack D and coke
Just now, Smithee said:

Depends what skin you're using, that's how mine works.

You could always install Yatse on your phone and do it that way.

Woah there lol!

Skin? It’s just the normal kodi Leia 18.5 I’ve not changed anything. 
I have iOS devices no kodi on them...😬

luckyBatistuta
36 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Anybody?

Can’t believe your fartin around with Kodi again, was glad to see the back of it.

jack D and coke
Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

Can’t believe your fartin around with Kodi again, was glad to see the back of it.

I just thought I’d have a look cos cyberflix and cinema aren’t pulling up links for a couple of things I was looking for. Kodi has incidentally or the addons have rather. 
Just can’t find this volume boost option anymore. They must’ve removed it but would wonder why. It was handy for sound being our of sync too...😕

I still use it every day. The library sync function is great, when i sit down to watch all the latest episodes are there for me to watch on the front page

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, mrmarkus1981 said:

I still use it every day. The library sync function is great, when i sit down to watch all the latest episodes are there for me to watch on the front page

It’s much slower to navigate than the likes of cyberfkix but has always pulled up better links for me and the one thing I liked was the ability to be able to boost the sound. Sometimes on the other apks I’ve got to have my tv sound way up. 
What version are you using? 

Not used Kodi in ages however might go back to using it again because as Jack D Coke said Cyberflix/cinema sometimes dont pull good links. 

What are the best addons these days  

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Not used Kodi in ages however might go back to using it again because as Jack D Coke said Cyberflix/cinema sometimes dont pull good links. 

Exodus by Kodi Bae, ignore the other versions.

I still love Kodi, use it every day.

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Venom is one, it’s an exodus fork, Seren and Gaia are another two are all pulling in 4K links for me atm. Seren is a bit temperamental but other two are brilliant. 
Only thing annoying me is the volume thing on latest version. It must be there surely?! 

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Venom is one, it’s an exodus fork, Seren and Gaia are another two are all pulling in 4K links for me atm. Seren is a bit temperamental but other two are brilliant. 
Only thing annoying me is the volume thing on latest version. It must be there surely?! 

Could you maybe try installing an earlier version of Kodi? 

Edited by AlimOzturk

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Could you maybe try installing an earlier version of Kodi? 

It’s mibbe what ill do aye. 
Can get older versions from filelinked so if I can’t this fecking option in the latest one I’ll go back to 17.6 probably. 

Streamango and openload (two of the biggest content providers within an add on)  both got the 6am knock the other week. Still plenty others to chose from when using Exodus redux however, if you have real debrid. 

3 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

Streamango and openload (two of the biggest content providers within an add on)  both got the 6am knock the other week. Still plenty others to chose from when using Exodus redux however, if you have real debrid. 

Is that what happened to streamango? One day they were reliable as hell, next day nothing.

I gave up with Kodi a while ago, just got so fed up with the links etc. I had been using since day dot with a laptop on dial up connected to the plasma, Xbox, etc. If still worth doing whats the best version? Had Real Debrid in the past so what would be the best Add on now? Last used Exodus Redux. 

2 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

I gave up with Kodi a while ago, just got so fed up with the links etc. I had been using since day dot with a laptop on dial up connected to the plasma, Xbox, etc. If still worth doing whats the best version? Had Real Debrid in the past so what would be the best Add on now? Last used Exodus Redux. 

I'm using Exodus from Kodi Bae, working pretty well, decent sources

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Beave1874 said:

I just recently installed again. 
Venom which is an exodus fork, seren and Gaia are the ones I’ve installed. All working pretty well, probably say venom the best one. 
Obviously use RD too. 

jack D and coke
23 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

Stumbled across a nice build today bud if you’re interested. Called Red Bolt and has a few addons in there, venom, Seren, joker etc. All works with your trakt and RD too and looks and works pretty sweet I have to say. 
You have to install xenon first which is a bit annoying as I couldn’t find it the way described in this video but the rest explains the set up. 
Install xenon then red bolt is on the main page underneath the icons. Click on it and do fresh install. 
There’s surely a better way but that’s how I managed to get it in anyway. Absolutely stacks of stuff on it. 

34 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Stumbled across a nice build today bud if you’re interested. Called Red Bolt and has a few addons in there, venom, Seren, joker etc. All works with your trakt and RD too and looks and works pretty sweet I have to say. 
You have to install xenon first which is a bit annoying as I couldn’t find it the way described in this video but the rest explains the set up. 
Install xenon then red bolt is on the main page underneath the icons. Click on it and do fresh install. 
There’s surely a better way but that’s how I managed to get it in anyway. Absolutely stacks of stuff on it. 

Cheers man. Will give that a go at the weekend.