• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

I have just bought a fire stick, wouldn't have a clue how to install kodi, friend of a friend is going to install it for ?25, is that the going rate for something like that?

Also what can I expect from kodi, do I get live football streams etc?

No, not at all!

Could talk you through it for nothing! Should take minutes

I have just bought a fire stick, wouldn't have a clue how to install kodi, friend of a friend is going to install it for ?25, is that the going rate for something like that?

I dint charge friends but it is a fair bit of work to set up well, so it seems reasonable enough.

It's hard to know what he's going to do, there are all sorts of possibilities depending on how savvy he is, but yes id expect you to be able to get the main football games at least

Rudolf's Mate

Bud it used to take a bit of work however now you're lucky if it takes 2/3 mins.

The video bellow shows you how to do it without the need for any other devices at all. The guy directs you to another external site in order to get version 14.2 however there's no need. Follow the clip up to exactly 2 mins 53 secs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRL4g4x-s8I

Once you've got to 2:53 using your controller scroll to the right onto the Kodi web page and down following this:

https://youtu.be/4WC_Obxc_MU

I've done the above pretty quickly and will keep it up for a limited time.

Bud it used to take a bit of work however now you're lucky if it takes 2/3 mins.

The video bellow shows you how to do it without the need for any other devices at all. The guy directs you to another external site in order to get version 14.2 however there's no need. Follow the clip up to exactly 2 mins 53 secs

Once you've got to 2:53 using your controller scroll to the right onto the Kodi web page and down following this:

https://youtu.be/4WC_Obxc_MU

I've done the above pretty quickly and will keep it up for a limited time.

Thanks for this mate, I've managed to install the kodi app, but how do I get access to to programmes, movies, sports etc?

Rudolf's Mate

Thanks for this mate, I've managed to install the kodi app, but how do I get access to to programmes, movies, sports etc?

2 mins mate. I'll do a really quick clip on installing a 1 does all.

2 mins mate. I'll do a really quick clip on installing a 1 does all.

Nice one buddy, much appreciated

Rudolf's Mate

Nice one buddy, much appreciated

I was going to record a quick tutorial on my iPad but the recent update has rendered my iRecord function useless!

Follow these instructions mate however when entering the URL type in http://fusion.tvaddons.ag rather than what he states in the clip. Follow everything else and select the relevant operating system to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

It's dead easy mate, save yourself the money and do it yourself

Edit: should really read to end of thread first, glad you are getting help, was going to do the same and send you some links. Fusion is indeed the way to go.

Edited by Hasselhoff

Wait....if I buy an Amazon Fire stick....follow previous instructions.....I'll get everything?

Movies, Sports etc etc.

Is it really that straightforward or am I just stupid....

Rudolf's Mate

Wait....if I buy an Amazon Fire stick....follow previous instructions.....I'll get everything?

Movies, Sports etc etc.

Essentially yes. Absolutely top notch for TV & films however sports can either be fantastic or hit n miss. Because of that I'd highly recommend paying ?26 for 6 mo the of Sports Mania which covers pretty much everything. You can use Mania via its website plus it has its own dedicated addon within Kodi. Lately it's been something e,we within Kodi via PLP (premier league pass).

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

chester copperpot

Easily the best thing I have invested in getting a droidbox.

Watched so much cool shit over the past few months.

Can be a bit hit or miss with the footie however I mainly use mobdro which has been much better than kodi for the sports.

I was going to record a quick tutorial on my iPad but the recent update has rendered my iRecord function useless!

Follow these instructions mate however when entering the URL type in http://fusion.tvaddons.ag rather than what he states in the clip. Follow everything else and select the relevant operating system to you.

Thank you once again mate, sorry for the delay in replying, I've been playing with my new toy!! One point, the http address you gave me didn't work, so I tried the one in the video and that worked, I now have access to everything.

Cheers

Rudolf's Mate

Thank you once again mate, sorry for the delay in replying, I've been playing with my new toy!! One point, the http address you gave me didn't work, so I tried the one in the video and that worked, I now have access to everything.

Cheers

Strange re the URL as the one I supplied was meant to be the newer one. That said it was off the top of my head so I might have got it wrong.

Glad you're up and running though.

Quick question re Sports Mania. At the moment, I have Wookie and find myself clambering around Wookie on a Sunday night to find a decent stream of NFL Redzone, or the Packers game if it's on at a reasonable time. Does Sports Mania have good streams of Redzone and Nfl games not on Sky?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Movies, Sports etc etc.

I don't pay any subs, all my sport is free and a lot in hd. I just use a mix of Dexter,sports devil, phoenix, njm soccer and another similar to Dexter. Never had any issues and there's (almost) always a good free stream.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Quick question re Sports Mania. At the moment, I have Wookie and find myself clambering around Wookie on a Sunday night to find a decent stream of NFL Redzone, or the Packers game if it's on at a reasonable time. Does Sports Mania have good streams of Redzone and Nfl games not on Sky?

Rojadirect on sports devil always has good streams of all nfl. Free, too.

Rojadirect on sports devil always has good streams of all nfl. Free, too.

I've been using Sportsdevil for it just now, and while I can find streams of both Redzone and the Packers games, they are usually fairly low quality and tend to buffer quite a bit. Was thinking of paying for a subscription service like Sports Mania, but need to know that they cover both Redzone and individual games that aren't on Sky. Also would be good to know what the quality and buffering is like. Using a T8 with Wookie Pro. Used to get Sports Donkey free through that until Wookie stopped supporting it.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

I've been using Sportsdevil for it just now, and while I can find streams of both Redzone and the Packers games, they are usually fairly low quality and tend to buffer quite a bit. Was thinking of paying for a subscription service like Sports Mania, but need to know that they cover both Redzone and individual games that aren't on Sky. Also would be good to know what the quality and buffering is like. Using a T8 with Wookie Pro. Used to get Sports Donkey free through that until Wookie stopped supporting it.

I've never used sports Mania, never had any problems with quality or buffering (very few anyway) when using the free ones.

I just use a firestick, but have bt infinity

Sportsmania has redzone plus streams of every NFL game.

Sportsmania has redzone plus streams of every NFL game.

Cheers. Whats the quality like? Is it easy to put onto Wookie?

Quality is absolutely fine. I used it to watch the Dolphins game at the weekend and a bit of Red Zone too.

As for putting it on, I'm sure it's probably straightforward but I am a ****** with these things so got someone to do it for me.

The quality is excellent. Sorry, don't know anything about Wookie.

The quality is excellent. Sorry, don't know anything about Wookie.

No problem, will look when I get in tonight. Cheers for your advice.

Quality is absolutely fine. I used it to watch the Dolphins game at the weekend and a bit of Red Zone too.

As for putting it on, I'm sure it's probably straightforward but I am a fool with these things so got someone to do it for me.

Cheers, will look into it tonight

The whole Kodi thing rewards you for your techyness.

If you're not that techminded, Sports mania is a simple option, a great idea from what I've heard.

There are free options but I've just spent HOURS tweaking to get something working, and if you don't have the time or mind for seeking out answers, I believe SM is the one to go for.

The guy that runs it takes the quality of streams seriously, I read an interview with him and that's his focus. He knows if the streams are good he'll make his money, and I've never heard anyone complain about the service.

I found this, it's by far the best guide I've seen for new people setting up kodi for the first time.

Lots of pictures, clear explanations etc

The only things I'd say is I don't see the point of Playon, there are better options. Also, in the PVR section 4 letters are missing -IPTV!

Don't worry if you don't know what I'm getting at, when you get to that bit it'll be clearer and Google is your friend for, oh I dunno, free IPTV links

http://mymediaexperience.com/xbmc-guide/

Edited by Smithee

Rudolf's Mate

Until about a year ago sports really were hard going and the quality was also a bit sketchy. The improvements across the board (free & paid) has been incredible. Been using the service for over 4 years and I never ever entertained paying for a service. I finally took the plunge trying a few out earlier this year and I currently subscribe to Sports Mania.

The issue I've got with the freebies is that although you'd find a decent stream you can end up trying various ones before getting one that's stable. People won't mind this but I tend to come on 1 minute prior to KO and searching and missing some of the game was a pain in the erse.

XBMC/Kodi has changed greatly over the years and the addons themselves much more reliable. as smithee has said, if you put some time into it you'll get a lot back and all free. I simply got fed up of things breaking and having to find substitutes or workarounds as it all took up time. iPTV is immense however I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to re-configure it.

Despite my comments the last time I really played with it was 1 year ago so perhaps things are even more stable. Genesis pretty much fulfils my film and TV needs however I have Phoenix as a backup. Last night was the first time I've used it in months and that was only because I felt the picture quality for No Escape was a tad blurry in Genesis.

There's new stuff popping up all the time. I'm a member on a forum and when one of the admin on their posts something new you tend to take notice. Last 48 hours they've recommended 2-3 new addons. Really need to have a look at what they are.

Rudolf's Mate

Being lazy now. iVue was also brilliant however the sources often let it down as they were unreliable. I haven't looked at it for a long time however is there any decent terrestrial sources? The issue I had was that the likes of BBC 1 etc weren't perfect so why would anyone bother using them when they can just use their TV. No doubt you'll question why bother when you have it on the TV! I aim to use the Fire Stick with the Xbox One and also setup iVue so that it can be controlled using voice commands.  

Until about a year ago sports really were hard going and the quality was also a bit sketchy. The improvements across the board (free & paid) has been incredible. Been using the service for over 4 years and I never ever entertained paying for a service. I finally took the plunge trying a few out earlier this year and I currently subscribe to Sports Mania.

The issue I've got with the freebies is that although you'd find a decent stream you can end up trying various ones before getting one that's stable. People won't mind this but I tend to come on 1 minute prior to KO and searching and missing some of the game was a pain in the erse.

XBMC/Kodi has changed greatly over the years and the addons themselves much more reliable. as smithee has said, if you put some time into it you'll get a lot back and all free. I simply got fed up of things breaking and having to find substitutes or workarounds as it all took up time. iPTV is immense however I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to re-configure it.

Despite my comments the last time I really played with it was 1 year ago so perhaps things are even more stable. Genesis pretty much fulfils my film and TV needs however I have Phoenix as a backup. Last night was the first time I've used it in months and that was only because I felt the picture quality for No Escape was a tad blurry in Genesis.

There's new stuff popping up all the time. I'm a member on a forum and when one of the admin on their posts something new you tend to take notice. Last 48 hours they've recommended 2-3 new addons. Really need to have a look at what they are.

I have to say that the release of Isengard stable on Pi has changed things hugely for me, even things like screen mirroring from my android phone work perfectly now. It makes a difference Im using a Pi2 now of course but the whole shebang is getting really well refined

Being lazy now. iVue was also brilliant however the sources often let it down as they were unreliable. I haven't looked at it for a long time however is there any decent terrestrial sources? The issue I had was that the likes of BBC 1 etc weren't perfect so why would anyone bother using them when they can just use their TV. No doubt you'll question why bother when you have it on the TV! I aim to use the Fire Stick with the Xbox One and also setup iVue so that it can be controlled using voice commands.

That's a great idea to use the Fire TV Stick with Xbox One, can you power it from the USB of the Xbox One itself? The Xbox One has HDMI in, meant for TV signal but I take it you can watch stuff while playing games split screen? Might need to buy another one!

So Firestick is the way to go ? USB for ?40 or Fire TV 4K Ultra HD box ?79 ?

Thinking about getting Kodi this way and then sacking Sky

Edited by Jamboelite

Rudolf's Mate

That's a great idea to use the Fire TV Stick with Xbox One, can you power it from the USB of the Xbox One itself? The Xbox One has HDMI in, meant for TV signal but I take it you can watch stuff while playing games split screen? Might need to buy another one!

Yes I believe it does power it. I've seen a clip of someone changing channels in Kodi using voice command.

This is the one I saw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU7ukIn1cWE

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

If you have even the most basic Sky package you can get RedZone via Sky Sports Extra on the Sky Sports website. You just need an active account.

Is there any way to make a default view for each add on? For example I prefer to see everything in list view and if I change 1 page in Genesis from thumbnail view to list view then go to the next page it is showing as thumbnail view again.

Rudolf's Mate

Is there any way to make a default view for each add on? For example I prefer to see everything in list view and if I change 1 page in Genesis from thumbnail view to list view then go to the next page it is showing as thumbnail view again.

Are you using a particular setup or skin? I found that was an issue in certain setups or skins.

Rudolf's Mate

The two addons I mentioned that were being recommended are called Movie Hut & ViewMovies which are both in MetleKettle's repo. Had a quick peak and not overly impressed with Hut but ViewMovies looks decent and is well set out. Only thing is I'm getting a few script errors on some but not all films. Definitely worth a look though as it gives you info on the films as well.

Signed up for SportsMania tonight. Working like a dream so far, watching the darts in a picture I couldn't find anywhere else in Wookie. Acid test for me will be the Packers game on Sunday night followed by Redzone.

Signed up for SportsMania tonight. Working like a dream so far, watching the darts in a picture I couldn't find anywhere else in Wookie. Acid test for me will be the Packers game on Sunday night followed by Redzone.

I love it for the NFL coverage. Enjoy.

Let me know how you get on with the NFL :thumbsup:

Let me know how you get on with the NFL [emoji106]

Will do, though if the Packers play like they did the last two weeks, it'll be getting switched off early.

jack D and coke

So Firestick is the way to go ? USB for ?40 or Fire TV 4K Ultra HD box ?79 ?

Thinking about getting Kodi this way and then sacking Sky

The Amazon Fire Tv box is top notch and miles better than the stick. I have a T8, an AFTV box and a AFTV stick and the box is the best, especially if you install a wizard such as wookie. The 4K one is supposed to be even better too.

Are you using a particular setup or skin? I found that was an issue in certain setups or skins.

Im running 15.1 and skin is the default confluence. Installed on Windows but wouldn't of thought that would make any difference.

Im running 15.1 and skin is the default confluence. Installed on Windows but wouldn't of thought that would make any difference.

IIRC you can set up a default view in advancedsettings.xml but I don't remember exactly how to do it, and I'm fairly sure that whatever the addon writers set as their default view will over rule it

Rudolf's Mate

Smithee is right. The reason I asked about builds/skins was because I had the exact same issue with Genesis within certain builds. Should add that I prefer the thumbnail setting in Genesis however the build I was using at the time defaulted to list. Pretty sure you'll find a walk-through if you Google it.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

luckyBatistuta

Anybody know if you can record programmes on an Amazon Fire Tv box? I've heard something about a Nas server, whatever that is? I have a T8s box at the moment and I'm going to be getting an Amazon box on jack D's advice, but the only thing that's stopping me cancelling my Sky Tv (costing me a fortune) is the recording aspect.

Rudolf's Mate

Anybody know if you can record programmes on an Amazon Fire Tv box? I've heard something about a Nas server, whatever that is? I have a T8s box at the moment and I'm going to be getting an Amazon box on jack D's advice, but the only thing that's stopping me cancelling my Sky Tv (costing me a fortune) is the recording aspect.

I'm 99.9% sure you can setup some form PVR within Kodi. Only issue I foresee is the AFTV has small internal storage therefore you'd have to configure an external HD to put the content on. 

What would you be looking to record mate? I actually looked into setting it up when I had it on my PC however when I thought about what I'd be watching it was all content available via the likes of Genesis etc. As a result I seen no need to do it.

luckyBatistuta

I'm 99.9% sure you can setup some form PVR within Kodi. Only issue I foresee is the AFTV has small internal storage therefore you'd have to configure an external HD to put the content on.

What would you be looking to record mate? I actually looked into setting it up when I had it on my PC however when I thought about what I'd be watching it was all content available via the likes of Genesis etc. As a result I seen no need to do it.

I watch all the NFL games live on a Sunday, so I would want to record them sometimes if I had to miss them. Just the odd sporting stuff really. I do have an external hard drive, it's just I didn't know/if you could records on a T8s and an AFTV.

Rudolf's Mate

I watch all the NFL games live on a Sunday, so I would want to record them sometimes if I had to miss them. Just the odd sporting stuff really. I do have an external hard drive, it's just I didn't know/if you could records on a T8s and an AFTV.

Yep you can do it but you need to jump through a few hoops. From memory you setup something like IPTV simple client with it being done through that. It can be fiddly and if you're using free sources the it can be prone to going down.

Edit: When I looked into it it was before I got my AFTV and was on my Windows PC. Just had a quick look and it's saying that the function isn't available on Android, which I'm a bit shocked by tbh.

http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR_recording_software

Edited by Rudolf's Mate