Youth Cup Draw - ICT at home

Footballfirst

Not sure if the next round draw has been made yet... 5th round isn't scheduled to be played until 24 Jan 2016... My son's team, St Johnstone, still have to play Celtic in the 4th round & they don't have a date for the tie yet, because of Celtic's participation in the Premier League International Cup...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was impressed especially with Daniel Baur today. Composed. Brought the ball forward well.

If the first team can play with as much composure we'll be fine.

I was impressed especially with Daniel Baur today. Composed. Brought the ball forward well.

Good player and a decent prospect, will learn with every game he plays, only 16 so plenty time and will only get better. In the side over JHM and for me a better player than Leon Jones,

We_are_the_Hearts

The times I have watched him he has looked more Gareth Barry type than Igor Rossi. I can see his future in midfield, maybe just because of his height he has always been Centre Half, Scottish mentality of stick the big guy there. I may be proved wrong.

I think Connor Easton is an emergency loan signing or a trialist to cover for Kelby Mason's injury. He is/was with Bonnyrigg.

He is, he was drafted in last week. His dad is the driver at our work.

He has been on loan to an east senior side as he wasn't getting game time at Bonnyrigg. He was with us previously along with Blair Carswell.

loveofthegame

A grainy picture from yesterday of the mysterious Bulgarian who is training with the U20s.

imABMpS.jpg

Kostadinov?

Baur is a decent footballer but is pretty poor in the air for someone 6ft5 or whatever he is!

Footballfirst

Baur is a decent footballer but is pretty poor in the air for someone 6ft5 or whatever he is!

Daniel at age 12 ....... see if you can pick him out of this Hearts U13 side :whistling:

U13-team-photo-2011-12-1024x709.jpg

Winston Ingram

There may be a bit more talent in the U20 team than have been given credit for. Moore looks a good if unorthodox player, Zanatta definitely has potential, Smith looks like he will readily replace Paterson at some point, Beith has something about him (apart from wanting too much time on the ball now and again) and if Baur matures properly then he has all the attributes to be a fine centre back. He already looks well ahead of Jones. McKirdy looks to have gone backwards a wee bit, maybe needs a loan spell. 

The main negative, again, is the total absence of a centre forward. The Inverness No9 yesterday looked a great wee player, almost scored a cracker early on and did eventually claim their first goal. It's remarkable that the Hearts academy continually cannot find, replace or keep centre forwards. Ian Smith played there yesterday and while he did ok, he is wasted there (I'd previously seen him play wide or in centre mid, where he is far more comfortable). 

Believe the Bulgarian has been on radar for a while and is regarded as a good prospect but there is all manner of red tape around him coming in, which I don't really understand. Would EU rules be different for a kid? Does it depend on his family being in the country or not? 

jamboinglasgow

There may be a bit more talent in the U20 team than have been given credit for. Moore looks a good if unorthodox player, Zanatta definitely has potential, Smith looks like he will readily replace Paterson at some point, Beith has something about him (apart from wanting too much time on the ball now and again) and if Baur matures properly then he has all the attributes to be a fine centre back. He already looks well ahead of Jones. McKirdy looks to have gone backwards a wee bit, maybe needs a loan spell. 

The main negative, again, is the total absence of a centre forward. The Inverness No9 yesterday looked a great wee player, almost scored a cracker early on and did eventually claim their first goal. It's remarkable that the Hearts academy continually cannot find, replace or keep centre forwards. Ian Smith played there yesterday and while he did ok, he is wasted there (I'd previously seen him play wide or in centre mid, where he is far more comfortable). 

Believe the Bulgarian has been on radar for a while and is regarded as a good prospect but there is all manner of red tape around him coming in, which I don't really understand. Would EU rules be different for a kid? Does it depend on his family being in the country or not? 

It may be to do with FIFA rules. If it is the player who was rumoured by a poster to have had a trial at the age of 15 and turned 16 back in August, then there are strict rules on the movement of under 18s from one country to another. It was the reason Barcelona got a transfer ban (and Real Madrid are under investigation.)

Basically players cant move from one country to the next before the age of 18 unless on certain circumstances. If they are within the EU (which point its under 16 transfers which are banned) or if the parents of the player move to the new country for non-football reasons.

Winston Ingram

It may be to do with FIFA rules. If it is the player who was rumoured by a poster to have had a trial at the age of 15 and turned 16 back in August, then there are strict rules on the movement of under 18s from one country to another. It was the reason Barcelona got a transfer ban (and Real Madrid are under investigation.)

Basically players cant move from one country to the next before the age of 18 unless on certain circumstances. If they are within the EU (which point its under 16 transfers which are banned) or if the parents of the player move to the new country for non-football reasons.

Thanks, that makes sense. The impression I had at the time was that he had moved here with family as unconnected to football but that might be wrong and perhaps even proving/confirming that means all manner of red tape.

Hopefully if he is cutting about games in club training gear then this is resolved or close to being so. 

jamboinglasgow

Thanks, that makes sense. The impression I had at the time was that he had moved here with family as unconnected to football but that might be wrong and perhaps even proving/confirming that means all manner of red tape.

Hopefully if he is cutting about games in club training gear then this is resolved or close to being so. 

If his family has already moved here then it should be easier, unless there is issues getting his paperwork from the Bulgarian FA, but the fact they still have him here and with the Under 20s hopefully means Hearts feel they can get him in. Also hope he is a good prospect, do we know anything else about him?

Other ties

Dundee United or Dundee v Ayr or Airdrie

St Mirren or Rangers v Ross County

St Johnstone or Celtic v Motherwell

Our tie to be played before Sun 24 January

Archived