Youth Cup Draw - ICT at home

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Little Big Shot Youth Cup Fourth Round Draw Wednesday, 04 November 2015

The draw for the fourth round of the Little Big Shot Youth Cup was made this morning at Hampden Park by Scottish FA President Alan McRae. The draw is as follows:

1. St. Johnstone v Hamilton Academical or Celtic*

2. Queen of the South v Cumbernauld Colts

3. Motherwell v Kilmarnock

4. Greenock Morton v Ross County

5. Dundee United v Dundee

6. St. Mirren v Rangers

7. Selkirk or Ayr United** v Airdrieonians

8. Heart of Midlothian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

* Tie scheduled for Sunday 08 November 2015

** Tie scheduled for Sunday 15 November 2015

These fixtures are scheduled to be played on or before Sunday 6th December 2015.

loveofthegame

Dundee I think 4-1.

Cheers. Would normally expect them to get further than the last 32 at this age level, hence why I asked.

letsalldothebeattie

A good draw not seen or heard much about the ICT 20s team so I might be wrong in assuming this but a tie we should win or are ICT decent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jambof3tornado

A good draw not seen or heard much about the ICT 20s team so I might be wrong in assuming this but a tie we should win or are ICT decent?

17 pts from 11 games and 7th in the league. A bit better than us but its a cup tie.

Inverness beat Montrose 2-1 at home in their first tie then beat Dunfermline 2-1 away after extra time in the last round.

Of course the cup differs from the league as there are no over age players allowed and that always makes a difference to the teams and results in the competition.

• 1 month later...
Footballfirst

I think Connor Easton is an emergency loan signing or a trialist to cover for Kelby Mason's injury. He is/was with Bonnyrigg.

Footballfirst

any one at the game for updates

You'll get some from Hearts twitter.

1-0 Hearts either Zanatta or an og by their no 8

Footballfirst

HT 3-1 playing some good stuff. Pity about conceding one just before the break. Ref is card happy. I Smith McKirdy and Easton booked for Hearts. Also Brown for ICT.

Footballfirst

Who coaches the youth team at present ?

Liam Fox took the team today with Stevie Crawford in attendance.

Jon Daly was meant to be attending the game with Robbie. FF can you confirm if the big guy was there?

I didn't see Robbie or Jon there, but they may still have been sitting somewhere I couldn't see.  Craig Levein was in the Directors box.

I didn't see Robbie or Jon there, but they may still have been sitting somewhere I couldn't see.  Craig Levein was in the Directors box.

Thanks mate.

Footballfirst

Overall a decent performance. After the first 10-15 minutes of each half they dominated possession, with Goose running the show.  I also thought Lewis Moore had a good first half and a word of praise for Liam Henderson (who doesn't usually get many plaudits) who had a good game at left back.

I was a little worried when Greg Luganis won a penalty for ICT in the first minute of the second half, but Hearts settled back into a good rhythm and the ref evened things up by giving Hearts a penalty for a foul at least a yard outside the box, which Robbie Buchanan drilled low into the right hand corner of the net.

The best goal was Zanatta's header in the first half, after a good Hearts move and a great cross by Lewis Moore.

Let's hope we get a good draw in the quarters.

Ross County, Queens Park and Motherwell are already through.

Other ties are Ayr/Airdrie, Dundee/Dundee Utd, St Mirren/Rangers, Celtic/St Johnstone

Cheers FF great reporting as usual :)

I do need to ask tho I've read about this " Goose" a few times but who is he ?

Footballfirst

zanatta seems do be banging in the goals. FF- do you think he'll be at the level of Nicholson and king anytime soon? Cheers

I think he is still a bit away. He seemed pretty tentative today, probably unsure of his footing on a slippery pitch after the overnight frost, so much so that he didn't contribute much to the general play, other than his 1 or 2 goals that is  :2thumbsup: 

Angus beith

Cheers ,any enlightenment on how that nickname comes about as the last one called that was a certain big Canadian

Footballfirst

Cheers ,any enlightenment on how that nickname comes about as the last one called that was a certain big Canadian

The Canadian was "Moose".  I think the Goose comes from the "Gus" (Guus) part of Angus.

Malinga the Swinga

Angus Beith =''Angoose' Beith'. Pretty simple cause it sounds the same.

Footballfirst

heard Zanatta did not train all week bad ankle only had a run on Saturday, 

That may well explain how he played today.

mainstandjambo

Robbie may have been watching St Johnstone today ahead of our game against them next weekend

The Canadian was "Moose". I think the Goose comes from the "Gus" (Guus) part of Angus.

Ffs so he was lol still getting over last nights jamboree party night :)

Robbie may have been watching St Johnstone today ahead of our game against them next weekend

He was - my son was sitting next to him at McDiarmid Park today...

Was entertained by good football today on a difficult surface, thought the young team dominated possession and kept the ball well, could have scored a few more on the first half. Lost two avoidable goals either side of half time and for a period stopped doing what they'd done well in the first half and kept the ball moving. Got stronger again mid way through the half and result didn't look on doubt. Some of the strangest refereeing I've seen for a while. Several good performances but Beith and Liam Smith the pick of the bunch.

Was entertained by good football today on a difficult surface, thought the young team dominated possession and kept the ball well, could have scored a few more on the first half. Lost two avoidable goals either side of half time and for a period stopped doing what they'd done well in the first half and kept the ball moving. Got stronger again mid way through the half and result didn't look on doubt. Some of the strangest refereeing I've seen for a while. Several good performances but Beith and Liam Smith the pick of the bunch.

Agreed about the strange refereeing - the Hearts 'penalty' was about 2 yards outside the box...!

Archived