Connor McGregor

RussAsia

I notice Connor McGregor's latest Facebook post has got quite a few people up in arms..

The Irish are no longer supporting him and the English are complaining also..

Basically he wore a poppy.. He believed he had come from a Scottish heritage and had the blood of many nations on his hands..

Is it our right to get high and mighty on social media.. The Irish think he shouldn't have worn the poppy.. The English are against what he said about the Queen..

In my opinion he may have just gained the respect of almost every football fan in Scotland who are sick of the two sides arguing against each other..

Maybe he is Partick through and through.

Those that get worked up over the poppy really are a strange bunch.

Who cares if someone does or does not wear one? There are much, much more important things to worry about.

Салатные палочки

Who cares if someone does or does not wear one? There are much, much more important things to worry about.

Yip, whats that all about. Saw a video of Barbara Windsor telling those who don't wear a poppy to "sod off". No bother Babs, stick to what your good at, which is..........well whatever.

Very strange indeed.

Prince Buaben

There will be a James McLean thread soon as he will make a fuss about not wearing one next weekend.

AlphonseCapone

Folk were getting angry but half of them didn't understand what he was saying.

Fair play to him, I think he's great. Some folk find him arrogant, but I think he comes as across as a sound guy living the dream. He's backed up absolutely everything he has claimed so far as well.

Bit of an odd statement imo. If I read it correctly,he's saying he won't wear one, but it's for good reason, please don't lump me in with the green brigade?

Rudolf's Mate

I fail to comprehend the logic of these people. The poppy commemorates all of our fallen and if Sergio Aguero can respect and understand the importance of wearing one then why not anyone and everyone else?

Ashamed of nothing offended by everything comes to mind!

Ahhh take me back to the days of oh, four or five years ago, when this shit wasn't a big deal.

Re McGregor, has the Aldo fight actually been rescheduled? By far the biggest test so far. Surely if he beats Aldo, there's no one else in the division to go for? (although TBF McGregor has always said he's lookin to move up the divisions)

Ahhh take me back to the days of oh, four or five years ago, when this shit wasn't a big deal.

Re McGregor, has the Aldo fight actually been rescheduled? By far the biggest test so far. Surely if he beats Aldo, there's no one else in the division to go for? (although TBF McGregor has always said he's lookin to move up the divisions)

He is too big for the division imo although i still think he will lose to Aldo.His problem is though if he moves up division he aint good enough or strong enough as that is a seriously stacked division.He is kind of caught between two divisions imo and thats why he has to severely cut weight for one other than be too small and light for the other.

No way Connor beats Dos Santos,Cowboy,Petis etc and the higher weight.

Edited by vegas-voss

Bit of an odd statement imo. If I read it correctly,he's saying he won't wear one, but it's for good reason, please don't lump me in with the green brigade?

He wore the poppy.. That's what has the Irish up in arms..

Hope he beats Aldo..

Say What Again

There will be a James McLean thread soon as he will make a fuss about not wearing one next weekend.

He's already decided. Tony Pulis was asked about it yesterday.

Tbf I don't think McLean made a fuss, he just said no, as every year. Pulis wasn't making a fuss, he said its his choice. I choose to wear one, he chooses not to.

Any fuss will be caused by media / social media.

Edited by Say What Again

Absolutely love Conor McGregor.

Hope he KO's Aldo, who's never fought anyone with Conor's striking power.

Also believe 155 is his natural weight class and that there's harder fights at 145 than there is 155.

the scottish championship aka the stuck in the mud division the movement is slow and rigid they vermin havent realized the opposition is just an illusion and for them we are the worst nightmare if this was 1000 years ago id be on the battlefield with my ancestors fighting for scotland

LMAO

Absolutely love Conor McGregor.

Hope he KO's Aldo, who's never fought anyone with Conor's striking power.

Also believe 155 is his natural weight class and that there's harder fights at 145 than there is 155.

Nick Diaz might be back at lightweight.

Cerrone, Barboza, Dos Anjos and Pettis would all be good opponents for Conor.

He looks like he's bound to step up soon enough.

Nick Diaz might be back at lightweight.

Cerrone, Barboza, Dos Anjos and Pettis would all be good opponents for Conor.

He looks like he's bound to step up soon enough.

Really looking forward to him stepping up. There's a lot of exciting years ahead for the UFC.

What about the UFC 194 card? Absolute scenes.

Other than Pettis and Dos Anjos I don't think he'll have may problems at 155.

cowboy isn't that good, felt he lost against Ben Henderson. When he beats Aldo I think he'll step up

• 3 years later...
  • Moderators

We know there are rumours on social media but please be careful how you phrase your posts. We will remove anything which might be considered potentially defamatory.

5 hours ago, jamboy1982 said:

Not asking what the rumour is but where might one find more about it?

The Irish Mirror.

Whoever it is , has previous allegations that the police are re-examining now. Allegedly.