• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Riddley Walker

• cosanostra

• Rick James

• Lovecraft

Riddley Walker

'I told y'all suckers, I told y'all suckers. I told y'all on RTJ1, then I told ya again on RTJ2, and you still ain't believe me. So here we go, RTJ3'

:sweeet:

RTJ3 will legit make the end of my year. I love that cover art too, need to get me a tee or something with that on it if ever available.

Same here man. Did you see them in Glasgow after RTJ2 was released? One of the best gigs I've been to in a long time.

Same here man. Did you see them in Glasgow after RTJ2 was released? One of the best gigs I've been to in a long time.

The Garage? That was a mental night. Doubt they'd be in such a small venue next visit.

They asked on Twitter and I was at a loose end, so...

That's awesome. Hope your car had good suspension :lol:

Riddley Walker

The Garage? That was a mental night. Doubt they'd be in such a small venue next visit.

That's the one. I'd never even heard of it before that gig. Place was absolutely bouncing.

Edited by Riddley Walker

Riddley Walker

Danny Brown's new album is quality. Maybe not as good (and a bit more chilled out)  as "Old" but still more than decent. The range of production on his last two albums is incredible.

Edited by Riddley Walker

I decided to go and see them in London as it was a Friday night and me and my mate fancied a weekend there. Was near the front and it got pretty rowdy. I slipped on the wet floor and when I was pulled back up my cap and glasses were gone. At the end of the gig I managed to find the cap at the front, all mangled. No idea where my glasses went though.

New Czarface LP, new Danny Brown LP and new Machinedrum LP currently being played lots by me.

I'm also totally obsessed with the Fabric live mix CDs.

LTJ Bukem, Goldie, Noisia, Calyx & Teebee, Andy C, Logan Sama and Ed Rush & Optical currently getting lots of car time.

And the first Tool LP.

Riddley Walker

Very pleasantly surprised with Eminem's new tune. Different than anything he's done before. Only this and Rap God have been decent in the last 13 years.

Edit: On a second listen the wordplay in this tune is absolutely outstanding. The way he links syllables, continues rhyme for line upon line and uses pause would have poets drooling. I'm glad he can remind everyone how ****ing outstanding he is now again.

Edited by Riddley Walker

New Czarface LP, new Danny Brown LP and new Machinedrum LP currently being played lots by me.

I'm also totally obsessed with the Fabric live mix CDs.

LTJ Bukem, Goldie, Noisia, Calyx & Teebee, Andy C, Logan Sama and Ed Rush & Optical currently getting lots of car time.

And the first Tool LP.

Thought czarface wasn't out until the 4th?

Thought czarface wasn't out until the 4th?

Sorry - just saw this. It's not released. There was an advance listening on their label website. My mate recorded it in Ableton and trimmed it up. Just looking at the track list and it's clearly missing a few. My LP copy still not here yet.

New tribe called quest album dropping soon too.

Yup. Friday its out. All recorded before Phife passed.

Hopefully they keep it similar to the first 3 albums but with Elton John and Jack White doing cameos, I dunno what to expect.

Yup. Friday its out. All recorded before Phife passed.

Hopefully they keep it similar to the first 3 albums but with Elton John and Jack White doing cameos, I dunno what to expect.

Plus kendrick Lamar, busta rhymes and (for me) most excitingly - talib kweli

New Tribe album getting mostly positive reviews. Although many critics admit it won't be remembered as highly as their previous albums.

Kinda expected that. It's more a final send off, and the collaborators just prove how influential they were to hip hop.

Unfortunately, we'll never see another group like them or De La.

Generic Username

Lots of Czarface recently. Very, very good.

Picked up an original pressing of Only Built 4 Cuban Linx the other week. Oh my. One of the jewels in my collection.

• 3 weeks later...

Hip-Hop Evolution has just started on Netflix. A documentary series about the history of hip-hop. I watched the first two episodes last night. Pretty good stuff so far.

Generic Username

Hip-Hop Evolution has just started on Netflix. A documentary series about the history of hip-hop. I watched the first two episodes last night. Pretty good stuff so far.

Got it on my list of things to watch once I've finished with Luke Cage. There was a series on VH1 a few years back about the history of metal which was incredibly detailed. Hoping this is similar.

Was surprised to see Afrika Bambaataa on it, given the recent allegations of child molestation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Riddley Walker

Vince Staples' new album is ****ing excellent.

Production is sooooo good. Sounds like Fourtet produced a couple of the tracks, some very British-influenced beats, as well as house and techno style stuff running through it. Some absolute filth through the bass as well.

• 3 months later...
Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd just bump this one.

Never seen it mentioned but just listened to this and thought it was fantastic.

Superb.

• 3 months later...

Anyone got any new hiphop worth talking about?

Recent record purchases have been numerous and I've got some recommendations if anyone is interested.

Porter Ray - Watercolour

Kool Keith - Feature Magnetic

Wiki - No Mountains in Manhattan

DJ Krush - Kiseki

Ruckazoid - Hood Reishi

Future - DS2

Vince Staples - Big Fish Theory

Logic - Incredible True Story

Machine Gun Kelly - General Admission

2 Chainz & Lil Wayne - Collegrove

I also got Stoney by Post Malone. Kind of cheesy but it's got a few absolute killers on it.

Been buying a broad range of hiphop recently. 

Been really blown away by Kamasi Washington over the last few months. It's not really hiphop but it's jazz with some hiphop influence if that makes sense. If you're into Kendrick or Thundercat you'll already know his sound as it's kind of distinctive and he's worked loads with those guys.

Anyway, his LP and Harmony of Difference EP are both incredible listens if you can get into jazz.

His tune called "Truth" is a great starting point if you've not heard him.

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

Pharcyde coming to Glasgow in March as part of their Bizarre Ride 25th anniversary tour. :arry:

Oh Shit!! (Sorry, couldn't resist....)

They're still great live. Saw them last a few years ago and they were excellent mate.

You making the trip?

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Oh Shit!! (Sorry, couldn't resist....)

They're still great live. Saw them last a few years ago and they were excellent mate.

You making the trip?

Me and a mate looking to get tickets at the end of the month. Only £20 a go!

Have to go mate. To witness a piece of hip hop history!

• 2 weeks later...
Riddley Walker
On 14/01/2018 at 10:05, cosanostra said:

Anyone got any new hiphop worth talking about?

Recent record purchases have been numerous and I've got some recommendations if anyone is interested.

Porter Ray - Watercolour

Kool Keith - Feature Magnetic

Wiki - No Mountains in Manhattan

DJ Krush - Kiseki

Ruckazoid - Hood Reishi

Future - DS2

Vince Staples - Big Fish Theory

Logic - Incredible True Story

Machine Gun Kelly - General Admission

2 Chainz & Lil Wayne - Collegrove

I also got Stoney by Post Malone. Kind of cheesy but it's got a few absolute killers on it.

Been buying a broad range of hiphop recently. 

Cheers for posting these, I'm in need of some fresh stuff, will check out these over the next wee while.

Still been bumping Big Fish Theory and Czarface regularly.

Big Fish Theory was the album of last year for me.

On 1/14/2018 at 10:34, cosanostra said:

Been really blown away by Kamasi Washington over the last few months. It's not really hiphop but it's jazz with some hiphop influence if that makes sense. If you're into Kendrick or Thundercat you'll already know his sound as it's kind of distinctive and he's worked loads with those guys.

Anyway, his LP and Harmony of Difference EP are both incredible listens if you can get into jazz.

His tune called "Truth" is a great starting point if you've not heard him.

Kendrick Lamar "Damn" is a fine album with a jazzy feel.
Visioneers  "Come and play in the milky night". good jazzy stuff with an undercurent of reggae tones
SZA  "CTRL" is a good album using a progressive and innovative presentational style. She works with people like Kendrick Lamar & Travis Scott

34 minutes ago, Number28 said:

Kendrick Lamar "Damn" is a fine album with a jazzy feel.
Visioneers  "Come and play in the milky night". good jazzy stuff with an undercurent of reggae tones
SZA  "CTRL" is a good album using a progressive and innovative presentational style. She works with people like Kendrick Lamar & Travis Scott

Got pretty much all of Kendrick's records and I've got loads of stuff with SZA on it.

Never even heard of Visioneers but I'll take a look. Thanks!!

• 8 months later...
Riddley Walker

This guy is ****ing unreal.

Production is some of the most innovative shit I've ever heard. Get into his last two albums. Obssessed with him at the moment. Going to see him in Manchester 2nd November :sweeet:

P.S If you don't have good headphones or speakers get a grip and sort yourself out. Produces all his own stuff as well.

Edited by Riddley Walker