Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

5 minutes ago, invernessjt said:

I use Helix Hosting. £9 a month and it has Hearts, Rangers, Celtic, Hibs tv plus thousands of other tv channels. I'm sure you can get a 48 hour trial for about £2. It's an Android app as well as a website.

Cheers for that I would rather pay for someone else's service.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's me registered for  zombies TV haven't bought the game yet will leave it till later feel like I've just cheated ?

Rangers TV footage apparently starts from 2

hopefully Laurie’s commentary is in sync with their video

not listening to their muppet commentators 

3 hours ago, BM1874 said:

Rangers TV footage apparently starts from 2

hopefully Laurie’s commentary is in sync with their video

not listening to their muppet commentators 

BEWARE - Pay your money and your VPN won't work!!!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Anyone know if Dundee away is being covered?

I would guess yes as they are one of the clubs using the same company to broadcast as us. However, I am confused as to why it isn’t on the site yet.

Anyone know if this game will be shown on hearts tv with the new away game broadcasting? Doesn't seem to be listed, thought it might be because Dundee have their own but they don't seem to be listing it either.

The Dundee game will be shown on Hearts TV, it was only confirmed today hence why the website wasn't updated yet. It should be on there shortly though. 

pettigrewsstylist
36 minutes ago, Laurie said:

The game will be shown, only just confirmed today though so website hasn't been updated yet. Should be on there shortly. 

Cheers as always Laurie!!

1 hour ago, Laurie said:

The game will be shown, only just confirmed today though so website hasn't been updated yet. Should be on there shortly. 

Cheers for that! Sorry didn't see the official thread! *Facepalm*

Laurie,

This is where we need your input.

Any news re the commentary from Dundee next week?  Are we getting a full video Hearts TV stream with your audio commentary or will we be stuck with the local audio as we were at Motherwell a few weeks ago?

8 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Laurie,

This is where we need your input.

Any news re the commentary from Dundee next week?  Are we getting a full video Hearts TV stream with your audio commentary or will we be stuck with the local audio as we were at Motherwell a few weeks ago?

Might well be a Laurie double

dundee Tv still don’t have the game listed.

ive been keeping a careful eye on it just Incase and they have today’s trip to Livingston and then the 31st of October v celtic listed

and thats it

Again terrible for me, due to connection in China - one thing of interest I did notice after trying FF, Chrome and edge, is that edge has no option to change the resolution.

Windows 10 including Edge originally was released without a dedicated video player but this has changed with subsequent releases.

This link may help.  https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/95506-change-video-playback-settings-windows-10-a.html

Full game was excellent on Chrome 720 resolution here in Arizona including wi-fi streaming, via Chromecast, to my TV.

14 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Windows 10 including Edge originally was released without a dedicated video player but this has changed with subsequent releases.

This link may help.  https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/95506-change-video-playback-settings-windows-10-a.html

Full game was excellent on Chrome 720 resolution here in Arizona including wi-fi streaming, via Chromecast, to my TV.

Cheers DD, ill take a look.

Frustrating thing is the computer I am running is top of the line.

i7 8700

Gtx 1080

64gb ram

500gb ssd

2tb hdd

Watercooled

Along with my Republic of gamers E5300 router

Edited by Neon

29 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Cheers DD, ill take a look.

Frustrating thing is the computer I am running is top of the line.

i7 8700

Gtx 1080

64gb ram

500gb ssd

2tb hdd

Watercooled

Along with my Republic of gamers E5300 router

it might be more to do with china's broadband speed. i read an article that it was ranked 141st out of 200 countries 

do a speed test 

EDIT:im not in china but  i average around 25mbps and its good for me. 

Edited by Dinger

It certainly isn't your computer! :rolleyes4:  Seems like a service problem with your ISP.  Did you run a speed test?  http://www.speedtest.net/   

It won't answer all questions re streaming video but will give you some idea as to your signal quality from whatever local servers are available.

Your spot on Dinger, I have a 150 mb line but rarely get that - latest test was 

image.thumb.png.4ea68fd9ba2af8fa508a02c885983aa1.png

I doubt port forwarding would help, this is just a general weekend speed in China - 3 hubs in the whole of China so little I can do, fingers crossed in around 18 months I will be out of here.

You've identified the source of your problem right there.  Unfortunately, there's not a lot you can do about it.

However, was that speedtest done over a wi-fi connection or a CAT6 cable?

Just ran the video clip of today's goals in Edge and was able to adjust the video resolution from 200 to 1500. 

4 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Just ran the video clip of today's goals in Edge and was able to adjust the video resolution from 200 to 1500. 

Same here DD with the res change on Edge for the goals, there is no HD button once the match was live, I will check it again against Dundee.

Tonight I was using the wifi connection from the office - I just don't want to run a cat 6 from the lounge to the office upstairs, and pc is too heavy to cart up and down.

I do have an extender which I could relocate so will give that a try.

Extender made no difference and the Cat cable I had was 5E so went out and bought a 50m cable, ran it from the downstairs balcony to the office upstairs. Now getting similar results to when the PC is downstairs.

image.thumb.png.b81a0f2fe86ba6dcde12f3fe7c5017e0.png

Whether this shall help only time will tell, thanks for the help DD, I might just get out of bed to watch the Dundee game after all!

Run some more speed tests but this looks more like a wi-fi problem between your router and computer.  Is there anything such as large mirrors or internal wall wire mesh reinforcement that might be interfering with your signal?

I have a similar problem.  My maximum download speed on DSL was 40MB/s but a few months ago Century Link started to offer dual bonded DSL lines which doubled the download speed to 80MB/s and upload to 10MB/s.  I can't run a CAT6 cable from the DSL entry point where the router is located to my office because of the ceramic tile floors so I have a wi-fi network bridge at the office end.  Upload is the full 10MB/s but I've never been able to get a download speed above 55MB/s.  If I connect a 25m length CAT6 cable I immediately get the full 80MB/s.

After numerous calls to Century Link I finally got a really good technician in Ohio who confirmed that he had the same problem on his home system and it definitely was wi-fi side of the ActionTek dual DSL bonded router that Century Link now supplies pre-configured to decode the bonded lines that they use.  So, I really only have two choices.  Go to CAT6 cable.......which isn't practical....or get a really good wi-fi router and daisy chain it to the ActionTek device which can have its' wi-fi side disabled.  I haven't tried it yet as I was able to get my download up to 60MB/s by moving the wi-fi channels around on the ActionTek one. I used this app on an Amazon tablet to find the best channel.  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer

The guy in Ohio recommended this router which he personally uses at home https://www.netgear.com/landings/ad7200/  I haven't gone to that length yet as the 60MB/s download speed seems to work well even with my IPTV which I started using full time two weeks ago although I might get one if I need to improve my TV signal or go to 4K.

Have fun!

On 16/10/2018 at 04:49, Laurie said:

The Dundee game will be shown on Hearts TV, it was only confirmed today hence why the website wasn't updated yet. It should be on there shortly though. 

See Laurie's post above and website listing under "Upcoming Live Fixtures" here.  https://heartstv.heartsfc.co.uk/tv/dashboard

On 20/10/2018 at 16:14, DesertDawg said:

Hey DD I’m getting that option in any browser that I use , the only issue I have is when I go to full screen I don’t have option for resolution, now bearing in mind I’m doing all this from an iPhone and streaming it to Apple TV ( no Pc involved) 

so basically I’m not sure what resolution I’m streaming at .... but the quality looks like HD on the tv 

It should’ve been 12!

Hi Folks,

I appreciate there is a few games prior to then on Hearts tv but was wondering if anyone knows or has an idea if the st Mirren away game on sat 24th November will be on Hearts tv for Hearts international subscribers as I’m away in Spain that weekend?

Thanks ?

The video encoder used by Hearts TV is designed to automatically select the optimal picture quality/signal quality for moving pictures but, as you already know, you can override it in regular screen mode by clicking the HD button and often get a sharper pic without any buffering or interruptions as the auto selector has to adapt to multiple signal hops and system changes on its' path from Tynecastle or Sports Media in West Lothian to Ottawa, CA.  Once you go full screen, if you have manually selected the screen resolution, it should stay the same.     

It should’ve been 12!
6 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Re the game on 24th November, click the "contact us" drop down on this link and see what response you get.  https://heartstv.heartsfc.co.uk/tv/dashboard

I think quite a few of us would like to know what response you get back!  

Thanks guys, I've dropped a message to the hearts tv site above re the st mirren game on Nov 24th on shall let you all know the response ?

Apologies for repeating something that is no doubt asked every game. I'm in Dublin for work tonight. Can i watch this via Hearts tv? ie a one off membership switch to international? happy to pay.

Edited by Dalstonjambo

It should’ve been 12!
7 hours ago, It should’ve been 12! said:

Thanks guys, I've dropped a message to the hearts tv site above re the st mirren game on Nov 24th on shall let you all know the response ?

Re St Mirren away on 24th November got a response from Hearts tv this morning -

Hi

Thanks for contacting us.

Please keep an eye on the club website and social media platforms for further information about this match.

Kind Regards

Hearts TV Support”

So I assume it will just be a case of wait and see nearer the time ?

Sounds as if there is some kind of background negotiation going on as there was with the Kilmarnock and Motherwell away games.  At least  the "support" service has improved a lot from the days when it was impossible to know who to contact or get any kind of response.  :compute:

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic