Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

Thats an absolutely tremendous header. Had so mcc to do given how far out he was. A great goal from your main striker. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surprised to see so many people having issues ... my stream today was perfect , audio was ok ... I stream from my iPhone to my Apple TV ... 

Is it that the majority of people having issues are in the uk and using a VPN or not , I would love to know the amount of overseas subscribers that had major issues today !

Definitely no major picture issues here although the sunlight clearly caused some problems and the clock disappeared with about 10 minutes to go.

Main audio mic was good.  Andrew's was not.  Way too distant and too much blowback.  Can't they find him a good mic?

So, who was providing the stream today?  It reminded me of what we used to get 3 or 4 years ago.

12 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Is it that the majority of people having issues are in the uk and using a VPN or not , I would love to know the amount of overseas subscribers that had major issues today !

Overseas user here (just outside Boston).  Have a 220mbps line which I checked and no issues.

When first started, was freezing every 20/30 seconds.  Then i noticed I was about 10/15 mins behind live match...and it increasingly got worse.  Switched from primary to backup, removed HD - did everything I could.

Eventually just switched to audio which was live.

Normally have no issues with the streams - today was a big exception.  Poor.

Unknown user
59 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Mine was perfect I'm in Dalkeith, used a VPN, and watched on silk on my fire TV box.

Condolences

TyphoonJambo

Only problem here in spain was running out of Mahou, had to start drinking San Mig. 

Busby nets the rebound

Has the international subscription just gone up. Or am I just slow to catch on.

Fraggle Rock
23 minutes ago, Busby nets the rebound said:

Has the international subscription just gone up. Or am I just slow to catch on.

Yes it went up in the middle of last week, the increase is to reflect the new amount of away games that will be show live over the season, for instance Killie away last week. they hope to show live AWAY games from up to eight different clubs, you will find some info on this further back in this thread.

I bought the yearly sub at £90 the day before the increase,

Busby nets the rebound
1 hour ago, EH17 said:

Yes it went up in the middle of last week, the increase is to reflect the new amount of away games that will be show live over the season, for instance Killie away last week. they hope to show live AWAY games from up to eight different clubs, you will find some info on this further back in this thread.

I bought the yearly sub at £90 the day before the increase,

Thanks for the info.

As long as they get there act together I don't mind paying. 

I got dinged for the new amount this week too.

Anyway, as of today, we do have the next four home and away games listed for video streaming on Hearts TV so maybe it will be worth the extra subscription charge.

Increased number of interviews up too with Demetri Mitchell, Craig Wighton and Austin MacPhee.

1 minute ago, DesertDawg said:

Video signal now lost.  Only club badge.

Same here in spain. Bloody infuriating 

Not what I’m paying for ... sorry ... picture quality is good , I’ll give them that .. but alba camera work is atrocious!!!!!!

half time and we have no pictures ... why !!

we used to have the atmosphere still there when the live feed was still there and you heard the crowd and seen the kids play at half time ....

such a dissapointment hearts tv !!!!

Can't really complain too much.  Yes, it's not the NFL but we did get good replays and a review of the goals at half time.  No camera switching glitches today....for the first time ever! 

There might be a technical issue with switching feds from Alba at half time but I don't know.  Something worth checking though.

3 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Can't really complain too much.  Yes, it's not the NFL but we did get good replays and a review of the goals at half time.  No camera switching glitches today....for the first time ever! 

There might be a technical issue with switching feds from Alba at half time but I don't know.  Something worth checking though.

Interesting, I never got any replays or review at half time - Just the Hearts badge.

Also that is what I was speculating, Alba will need a constant feed maybe there is only one available and with Alba's own content copyright we cannot view it hence the blank screen with the badge. - just speculation.

Edited by Neon

52 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Interesting, I never got any replays or review at half time - Just the Hearts badge.

Also that is what I was speculating, Alba will need a constant feed maybe there is only one available and with Alba's own content copyright we cannot view it hence the blank screen with the badge. - just speculation.

But I’m paying hearts tv , not alba .. I expect live pictures for the full game , this includes live pictures at half time . Just really annoyed as the first game after the increased subs and I feel like I have been short changed 

Great news......official site updated and showing Motherwell away live coverage for overseas subscribers!

Means we should be sorted with every game being live till at least Dundee on the last weekend in October. 

Edited by magicTs

Must give credit to hearts tv for the picture and camera work quality for the reserve games , I’ve been watching the last couple of matches( goals only) and I must say I like it , just wish I had more hours in the day to really kickback ( no pun intended) and watch more ... 

The reserve game highlights, especially from Riccarton, are a real step up.  If we could get Andrew along to provide his extensive background knowledge in a commentary that would be even better.  However, that does raise a question.  Since Andrew wrote to the club about a commentary position to assist with his studies are there other such commentary "gems" hidden elsewhere that would benefit from reserve game exposure?

Totally agree Brian , Andrew is a good find and good at what he does ..... just wish he would get a little more excited when a good hearts chance comes our way , not criticizing him just a general observation from my point of view . Maybe be a bit more hearts biased.. ?

and yes andrew would be my 1st choice for a little commentary over the reserve games 

I kind of like his "laid back" analysis. 

Leave the excitement to Laurie.....oh, and Jimmy.  Nah, Jimmy's comments are just magic!

Are Rangers one of the clubs that have this deal in place whereby their home games are able to be shown by Hearts TV when we go there. 

The game in early October has just been confirmed as Sunday 7th October at 3pm but it is not on Sky/BT sports so will overseas members get it on the stream?

Excellent picture quality notable by a total absence of Hearts TV type picture stream glitches probably due to the only camera changes being for action replays.

Reasonable commentary with excellent sound quality too.

Oh, and under the lights, the new pitch looks terrific.

Response from Phil Turnbull re Kilmarnock and St. Mirren game problems and other comment follows.

Apologies for taking so long to get back to you. International breaks used to be quiet but with us hosting the Scotland U21s game last night it was business as usual.

Appreciate you holding off with getting in touch, the week of Craig falling ill was a hectic one to say the least. He’s on the mend though, so hopefully we’ll see him back in the near future.

With regards to the Kilmarnock game, I’ve spoken with Sports Media GB and although the majority were able to watch the game with good quality pictures (I did so myself on my iPad at Rugby Park) they acknowledge that there were some who suffered issues. They intend to install a better, stronger internet line for future games there.

I appreciate the lack of replays was frustrating, the issue there was with the feed we received the BBC. They had problems with running replays on-site, hence the lack of them on our stream. Unfortunately, in these situations we are a slave to any problems that arise from the feed provider’s end.

I’ll address the mic issue immediately. It may be that it just wasn’t set up properly, given there didn’t appear to be any audio issues for the St Mirren game. The set up at Rugby Park sees me in the stand opposite to where our commentators were positioned so it was impossible for me to get over there during the match.

The St Mirren game; the reason the pictures ‘dropped’ prior to kick off was because Alba provided us with a ‘dirty feed’ instead of a ‘clean feed’. This means that their graphics and branding appeared on the feed, which we shouldn’t be showing.

Lack of a half-time show is something we are still working on, and at the moment it still comes down to lack of resources. We are pressing ahead with rectifying this situation and hope to have something in place over the next month or so. This will also relate to improving content on offer, so please do continue to bear with us.

I will speak to Sports Media about having to run the stream on the backup player and see what they say.

I would be happy to receive Jay’s list of improvements. Any feedback and ideas is most welcome and you never know what gems we could unearth from it.

We have a support service on match days - [email protected] - and I would implore users suffering issues to contact them during the match to see if they can be resolved. I have the games on whilst working in the press box on match days and I rarely see the stream cutting out but that’s not to say that others around the world are not facing issues. The user’s internet connection will always be the deciding factor in the quality of picture they receive but if the support guys can help then we should make use of them.

I’m pleased to say that subscriber numbers are still on the rise and slowly but surely we are building the product back up. All going well the next nine of our ten fixtures, including three away matches, will be broadcast live on HeartsTV to overseas subscribers.

Please do keep in touch because the feedback from you guys will help me shape the product both short and long term.

Kind regards,

Phil

Phil Turnbull

Media & Communications Officer

Heart of Midlothian Football Club

32 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Cool.

Thanks

Are they doing pretty much all away games now?

Not all away games, but I think there is some sort of agreement with some clubs to show away games, starting with Motherwell.  I think Dundee was one of the other games mentioned.   Certainly more, hence the monthly increase in subscription

Actually, it was the other way round.  The subscription increase was sprung on us with a promise of better service.

There have been definite improvements in video clips, goal reviews and we did get the game at Kilmarnock, although not without some problems.

It seems that we will be getting 9 of the next 10 games on Hearts TV. 

The table-topping Jambos resume their Ladbrokes Premiership campaign at Motherwell tomorrow and you can keep up to date with all of the action on HeartsTV.

Craig Levein’s side, unbeaten in nine matches across all competitions, visit Fir Park in a 3pm (UK time) kick off.

International subscribers can watch the match live and in HD (user’s internet connection dependent) from 2.45pm. Please note that as Hearts and Motherwell have an agreement to share video services, Motherwell’s commentary will be used on the live stream.

UK & Ireland-based subscribers can listen to live audio commentary from Fir Park from 2.45pm, with club captain Christophe Berra making his debut on the airwaves alongside Laurie Dunsire, and the skipper will also partake in an exclusive half-time interview with Andrew Petrie.

The full-match replay will be available from 10pm on Saturday, with highlights and goals online from midnight, while post-match reaction will be available to watch shortly after the full time whistle.

So, let's get this straight.  We're not getting Laurie's commentary on the video stream or Andrew's half-time interview but there will be a separate audio commentary and interview.

Once again, this doesn't seem to be well thought out.

14 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

The table-topping Jambos resume their Ladbrokes Premiership campaign at Motherwell tomorrow and you can keep up to date with all of the action on HeartsTV.

Craig Levein’s side, unbeaten in nine matches across all competitions, visit Fir Park in a 3pm (UK time) kick off.

International subscribers can watch the match live and in HD (user’s internet connection dependent) from 2.45pm. Please note that as Hearts and Motherwell have an agreement to share video services, Motherwell’s commentary will be used on the live stream.

UK & Ireland-based subscribers can listen to live audio commentary from Fir Park from 2.45pm, with club captain Christophe Berra making his debut on the airwaves alongside Laurie Dunsire, and the skipper will also partake in an exclusive half-time interview with Andrew Petrie.

The full-match replay will be available from 10pm on Saturday, with highlights and goals online from midnight, while post-match reaction will be available to watch shortly after the full time whistle.

So, let's get this straight.  We're not getting Laurie's commentary on the video stream or Andrew's half-time interview but there will be a separate audio commentary and interview.

Once again, this doesn't seem to be well thought out.

Very unusual, I know there was a technical glitch last season where the Red TV subscribers got Laurie and Jimmy for the match but that was an unforeseen circumstance - weird that it will be WellTV audio, tbh think I would rather listen to Laurie, noway of logging in two devices either to try sink both.

Correct.  No way you can run two streams unless you have two accounts and two receiving devices.

Yet again, at the last minute, it seems that it just occurred to the SportsGB people that they can't figure out how to link the audio and video streams so they're just going to be provided separately.

So this means (as international subscribers) we are missing out on the commentary from our team and also the interview at half time ..... we should expect a refund for this fixture then !!!!!!

Although not perfect its still pretty good value for money imo. 

If watching the game means listening to Well commentary then fine. Better than the alternative. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic