Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
14 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Only Saturdays at 3pm afaik. 

Ta.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry guys but far, far too much unnecessary talk in today's commentary.  You're not on the radio!   😷

Listen to how Laurie and Jimmy do it although they do have the benefit of a lot more experience. 

• 2 weeks later...
davemclaren
1 hour ago, embrauntied said:

As a season ticket holder I normally attend matches, but I have Covid. Will I be able to watch Hearts TV tomorrow?

Yes. 

On 05/03/2022 at 17:06, DesertDawg said:

Sorry guys but far, far too much unnecessary talk in today's commentary.  You're not on the radio!   😷

Listen to how Laurie and Jimmy do it although they do have the benefit of a lot more experience. 

Who was commentating?  Sandison was in his usual spot at back of Wheatfield. 

Don't know who it was last Saturday evening but yesterday was Craig Fowler and Jimmy Sandison.  Started off again like a radio commentary but settled down nicely as the game progressed.

Excellent pre-game, half time and full time analysis again by Gary Wales.  Make him a permanent feature!  😉  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
TyphoonJambo

It most certainly will but i think it won't be shown live unless you have an international account.

9 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Need an international account for live video

£12.99 a month I think

Correct but the month starts from the date you subscribe, so subscribe today and 1 month gets you international until 22/05/2022.

I am currently on a UK subscription (£5.99)  but head back abroad after the final so will upgrade my subscription to international then.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Can anyone explain why I could pay for and watch the Dundee United v Hearts game here in Sheffield last Saturday on PPV, but this week (and every other week) there's a warning on hearts TV that I can't sign up for and watch tomorrow's game because "... the game cannot be purchased or watched in England due to UEFA broadcasting restrictions."  DU's TV web page carried no message like this. Do UEFA's rules not apply in Dundee? Can I just go ahead and ignore the warning and watch by PPV anyway?

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Can anyone explain why I could pay for and watch the Dundee United v Hearts game here in Sheffield last Saturday on PPV, but this week (and every other week) there's a warning on hearts TV that I can't sign up for and watch tomorrow's game because "... the game cannot be purchased or watched in England due to UEFA broadcasting restrictions."  DU's TV web page carried no message like this. Do UEFA's rules not apply in Dundee? Can I just go ahead and ignore the warning and watch by PPV anyway?

Games can’t be shown in England at 3pm on Saturdays. Other days/times are fine. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Games can’t be shown in England at 3pm on Saturdays. Other days/times are fine. 

Ah, right. So it's the sunday that makes the difference. Thanks.

Bugger!

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Glamorgan Jambo

It's a shame the PPV option is ending. I bought all the non televised home games last season and most this season. Seems to me the way to go rather than contracts with broadcasters who make games kick off at ridiculous times that aren't convenient for in person attendance or in a lot of cases even TV viewing. And the blocking of games in England (which didn't affect me) cost clubs a fair bit of revenue.

Here's hoping this gets addressed because the current Sky broadcasting contract is a joke (they didn't broadcast close to theis allocation either last season or this season).

colinmaroon

Why does Hearts TV advertise a nonsense for starting time?

11.15am for today and now 12.40, sorry, 11.40 and nothing?

Domestic issues created by such misinformation

DesertDawg

It's been going on for the last two seasons.  Messages to "support" get a zero response on this subject.  I assume that they're connected to a digital "world" clock that doesn't cover the finer time zones.

I live in Arizona which has no daylight saving so the local time here is often quoted incorrectly on digital clocks.  Not that it matters with Hearts TV are their local are always wrong whatever time of year it is.  I only discovered at 6.00pm last night on flashscore.com that today's game started at 4.00am here today.

So, Colin, just use flashscore.com if you want to get the game times right.

TyphoonJambo
2 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

It's been going on for the last two seasons.  Messages to "support" get a zero response on this subject.  I assume that they're connected to a digital "world" clock that doesn't cover the finer time zones.

I live in Arizona which has no daylight saving so the local time here is often quoted incorrectly on digital clocks.  Not that it matters with Hearts TV are their local are always wrong whatever time of year it is.  I only discovered at 6.00pm last night on flashscore.com that today's game started at 4.00am here today.

So, Colin, just use flashscore.com if you want to get the game times right.

I think it's linked to Peebles atomic time.

TyphoonJambo
23 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

To be fair, a thing of beauty. And, aside from the world's biggest woolworths store, another reason to visit Peebles. 

• 2 weeks later...

Disappointing end to the season. But there have been a lot of highs along the way. Thanks to Laurie, Jimmy, Rob and everyone at Hearts TV.  Now I'm away for a wee greet.

DesertDawg

Great stuff again from the commentary team who did well in extra time to not sound too disappointed while we were shown endless pics of the Rangers' fans while the ball was in play.

Looking forward to next season.

Thanks Algy and DesertDawg, and everyone else who has tuned in this season and also provided feedback. I always keep an eye on comments, both JKB and Twitter, and regardless of whether they are positive or negative it's always useful to hear. 

I think there have been some great enhancements to the production this season, hopefully we can carry that on into the new campaign as well. 

Hope to have you all with us on Hearts TV in the new season. 

DesertDawg
On 23/05/2022 at 02:41, Laurie said:

Thanks Algy and DesertDawg, and everyone else who has tuned in this season and also provided feedback. I always keep an eye on comments, both JKB and Twitter, and regardless of whether they are positive or negative it's always useful to hear. 

I think there have been some great enhancements to the production this season, hopefully we can carry that on into the new campaign as well. 

Hope to have you all with us on Hearts TV in the new season. 

Pre-season game news, like this, starting to pop up.   Any news of Hearts TV scheduling?

On 31/05/2022 at 18:43, DesertDawg said:

Pre-season game news, like this, starting to pop up.   Any news of Hearts TV scheduling?

Hi DD, we don't normally do much pre-season coverage other than the odd "glamour" friendly at Tynecastle. I'll ask the question again this season, but I wouldn't imagine there would be anything for the likes of the East Fife match - from us anyway (maybe East Fife will do something though). 

DesertDawg
7 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Hi DD, we don't normally do much pre-season coverage other than the odd "glamour" friendly at Tynecastle. I'll ask the question again this season, but I wouldn't imagine there would be anything for the likes of the East Fife match - from us anyway (maybe East Fife will do something though). 

Thanks Laurie,

Any info you can glean is always helpful.

• 4 weeks later...
jambo-in-furness

Have Sky pulled the plug on Season ticket streaming for the 22/23 season yet?

TyphoonJambo
56 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Is the game v Bonnyrigg on Hearts TV?

I cant see any thing anywhere saying we were covering any if the friendlies. East Fife was done by them.

DesertDawg
5 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

I cant see any thing anywhere saying we were covering any if the friendlies. East Fife was done by them.

See Laurie's post.

For those of us that leave our subsciptions to run overthe close season - I think it would be reasonable for the club to show these friendlies. I always enjoy watching them when they are availble. It is far better than watching players and coaches going on about the training.

Can only guess that the market doesn't make it viable. Maybe I'm the only bozo to let the sub run over the summer...oh well more fool me.

TyphoonJambo
54 minutes ago, Deid Heid said:

For those of us that leave our subsciptions to run overthe close season - I think it would be reasonable for the club to show these friendlies. I always enjoy watching them when they are availble. It is far better than watching players and coaches going on about the training.

Can only guess that the market doesn't make it viable. Maybe I'm the only bozo to let the sub run over the summer...oh well more fool me.

Add me to that bozzo list.

20 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Add me to that bozzo list.

Me too!  On the other hand, it's worth the one month fee to be able to see the video clip updates.  :fing10:

This question may have already been covered. Will European games be available on PPV and if they are, is there likely to be any restrictions similar to Saturday league games with a 3.00 KO if you live in England? 

On 10/07/2022 at 11:38, Deid Heid said:

Crawley Town game on Saturday announced on Hearts TV for International subscribers.

Quick word about today's commentary team. 

Started off at 100mph but settled down well in the last 15 minutes of the first half.  Seems that they didn't get a Crawley team sheet though as there hasn't been a single mention of a player's name.

Tommy Brown

None the wiser so far?

Will PPV be available this season?

Or will it be back to International Subscribers only?

davemclaren
36 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

None the wiser so far?

Will PPV be available this season?

Or will it be back to International Subscribers only?

International subscribers only. 

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Thanks Dave

That's a bugger

Sky own the rights so they made the decision. I liked the flexibility as, for various reasons, I don’t make every match in a season. 

Tommy Brown
Just now, davemclaren said:

Sky own the rights so they made the decision. I liked the flexibility as, for various reasons, I don’t make every match in a season. 

It was good whilst it lasted. Missed very few games.

Don't think it affected crowds.

I certainly won't be encouraged to watch either of the uglies playing, unless against Hearts. GTF Sky.

On 17/07/2022 at 15:47, Disser Pointon said:

Is the Lockie testimonial being shown, I can't make it along in time?

We'll be doing the game on Saturday, PPV. Details should follow soon on the Hearts website and social media.