Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

the Hearts way
Just now, the Hearts way said:

Between Jimmy Sanidson and Lawrie, 

Haven't heard a commentary,  praise the opposition as much as those two 🙄

Erses.  

Jimmy Sandison,  never the best  but ffs,  atleast stick up for Hearts 💕

Great finish from Aberdeen!

Gtf. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, the Hearts way said:

Between Jimmy Sanidson and Lawrie, 

Haven't heard a commentary,  praise the opposition as much as those two 🙄

Erses.  

All about interpretation, if the opposition do something worthy of praise then I'll always highlight that - but that doesn't mean we'll always get it right or that those tuning in will agree with our opinion. I think our general analysis was that it was an even game, with little in the way of quality in the final third but with plenty of endeavor in the middle of the park. But second half I thought Aberdeen looked the more dangerous of the two sides, marginally, and the introduction of Emmanuel-Thomas gave them an out ball that we didn't have. But ultimately a lot of huffing and puffing from both sides and a draw about right. 

Always happy to hear feedback though, positive or negative. I've had games where I've been told we were far too complimentary about Hearts, and others in which we were apparently too harsh or too kind on the opposition. Will always be the case; different views/interpretations. Were there any particular moments you felt we got wrong? 

Edited by Laurie

30 minutes ago, Laurie said:

All about interpretation, if the opposition do something worthy of praise then I'll always highlight that - but that doesn't mean we'll always get it right or that those tuning in will agree with our opinion. I think our general analysis was that it was an even game, with little in the way of quality in the final third but with plenty of endeavor in the middle of the park. But second half I thought Aberdeen looked the more dangerous of the two sides, marginally, and the introduction of Emmanuel-Thomas gave them an out ball that we didn't have. But ultimately a lot of huffing and puffing from both sides and a draw about right. 

Always happy to hear feedback though, positive or negative. I've had games where I've been told we were far too complimentary about Hearts, and others in which we were apparently too harsh or too kind on the opposition. Will always be the case; different views/interpretations. Were there any particular moments you felt we got wrong? 

For what its worth (next to nothing). I like when you call out Hearts bad play and the respect when due comments for the opposition (although it should never be due when playing Celtic or Rangers!).

3 minutes ago, adiphmfc said:

For what its worth (next to nothing). I like when you call out Hearts bad play and the respect when due comments for the opposition (although it should never be due when playing Celtic or Rangers!).

Everyone who's subscribing and tuning in has an opinion worth something - it's you guys paying for the service! It's one of the reasons I look through comments on here and social media.

I appreciate the feedback, I think a lot of club TV is going that direction now - offering a balanced view of the game but with a focus on their particular club, and obviously looking at proceedings from that angle. 

15 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Just switch off the VPN when watching Hearts TV.  No need to pass the stream through the Nord TV scanning servers and create delays.  

Yeah thats what hearts support recommended but turning off my Vpn isn't an option. And it worked perfectly the last couple of seasons. Funnily enough it did work for the last 10 mins. 

TyphoonJambo
13 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

Is it only audio Saturday.

Laurie did say that, apart from one unnamed team,probably Rangers,we'd be getting live video for international subscribers at every game.

17 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

Is it only audio Saturday.

3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Laurie did say that, apart from one unnamed team,probably Rangers,we'd be getting live video for international subscribers at every game.

We'll have live video for international subscribers on Saturday, and that should be the case for most (hopefully all) away games this season. I did mention there was one potential exception but without being told any specifics I get the feeling even that may be resolved (so let's say definitely for 10 away fixtures, and most likely 11...) 

Edited by Laurie

3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Thank you 👍🙂

38 minutes ago, Laurie said:

We'll have live video for international subscribers on Saturday, and that should be the case for most (hopefully all) away games this season. I did mention there was one potential exception but without being told any specifics I get the feeling even that may be resolved (so let's say definitely for 10 away fixtures, and most likely 11...) 

Thank you. I have allways very much appreciated everything that is done by yourself and everyone else to get the game to us in what ever way. Yourself and Jimmy are a very good mix and you both do a great job. I also think the new stuff with Jamie is a great addition.  Again, Thanks Laurie. 👍 🙂 

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, niblick1874 said:

Thank you 👍🙂

Thank you. I have allways very much appreciated everything that is done by yourself and everyone else to get the game to us in what ever way. Yourself and Jimmy are a very good mix and you both do a great job. I also think the new stuff with Jamie is a great addition.  Again, Thanks Laurie. 👍 🙂 

I'll second that Laurie,well done. 

Is there anywhere at all us ST holders, who are at the games when HeartsTV is broadcasting live, can see what the ‘build up’ pre match looks like on Hearts TV? I’ve read about our newer, slicker product, and I know Mickey was in the studio with Borthwick at the weekend, but alas, it seems we cannie see it anywhere. Asked this on Twitter and Laurie’s suggested it would be available as a freeview video to those with a HeartsTV login. But it’s not. 

Anyone help? 

2 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Is there anywhere at all us ST holders, who are at the games when HeartsTV is broadcasting live, can see what the ‘build up’ pre match looks like on Hearts TV? I’ve read about our newer, slicker product, and I know Mickey was in the studio with Borthwick at the weekend, but alas, it seems we cannie see it anywhere. Asked this on Twitter and Laurie’s suggested it would be available as a freeview video to those with a HeartsTV login. But it’s not. 

Anyone help? 

Hey, it'll be on Hearts TV as a full match replay, but for subscribers - sorry I possibly didn't explain that properly! 

8 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

Thank you 👍🙂

7 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

I'll second that Laurie,well done. 

Thanks both, much appreciated. Although it's Rob, not Jamie (that's his brother you're thinking of niblick 😉)

5 hours ago, Laurie said:

Hey, it'll be on Hearts TV as a full match replay, but for subscribers - sorry I possibly didn't explain that properly! 

Mornin mate. Yeah, I see the full match replay is there to view for subscribers. Just seems a shame that Hearts fans in general can’t even see a wee bit of what the new look HeartsTV is all about. Even if you guys put together a wee 30 second clip of what’s on offer, I’m sure it could make a crackin wee ad. Bang it on freeview and there may even be a few subscribers off the back of it? 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
On 21/08/2021 at 12:36, Laurie said:

I'm really excited about the changes we're implementing to the Hearts TV coverage, starting tomorrow. See the update on the official website - https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/how-to-follow-hearts-v-aberdeen

This will now be something we do for home games whenever possible (for live TV games we may not be able to, due to broadcasters having first option on studio space) and I think it'll really help enhance the overall service. 

Laurie - I know this isn't specifically a Hearts PPV issue, but... The Hearts website says that UEFA regs mean that Dundee United PPV isn't available to those of us living in England. Any idea why that is?  As far as I know, there's the same category of games going on as there were when I watched our matches against Celtic and Aberdeen and nop European competitions.

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

10 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Mornin mate. Yeah, I see the full match replay is there to view for subscribers. Just seems a shame that Hearts fans in general can’t even see a wee bit of what the new look HeartsTV is all about. Even if you guys put together a wee 30 second clip of what’s on offer, I’m sure it could make a crackin wee ad. Bang it on freeview and there may even be a few subscribers off the back of it? 

Not a bad idea, I'll pass it on! 

• 3 weeks later...

No mention anywhere of what we should be expecting for this weekend's Ross County game.  Video?  Audio only?  Text!

Anybody know?

Hey guys,

We'll have video on Saturday for international. As previously mentioned this will be the case for the season. 

Looks like I'll be in the studio, which is good for my mileage but I'd still prefer to be at the stadium! Nothing sinister about not being at the game, just a technical thing. 

Laurie 

Sounds good Laurie.  Maybe the season case should be listed somewhere on the Hearts TV site?

Thanks for your prompt response.

21 hours ago, Laurie said:

Hey guys,

We'll have video on Saturday for international. As previously mentioned this will be the case for the season. 

Looks like I'll be in the studio, which is good for my mileage but I'd still prefer to be at the stadium! Nothing sinister about not being at the game, just a technical thing. 

Laurie 

Nice one Laurie 👍🏻

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Ford Prentice said:

Fine for me. Problem at your end?

Working now,wished it wasnt as having to listen to Mikey Stewart 🤣

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Working now,wished it wasnt as having to listen to Mikey Stewart 🤣

We can switch to Hearts coverage from Laurie at 2:45.

16 minutes ago, JMuir94 said:

Anybody having issues today ? Says that video available (using VPN) but blank white screen where it says it’s available 

Is it working for you yet?

1 minute ago, The Tackle said:

Commentary volume needs turned up 

Iv got it on other sources but Hearts TV is just a white screen for me still.

Good thing I started learning sign language yesterday.

Edit: just as I say that the sound is back. Nevermind.

Edited by PhoenixHearts

Can you please do something about your levels. One minute you are hardly audible and the next you play music that blasts into my ears, as I use headphones. 

The ambient noise in the stadium (or background sound you use) is drowning out your commentary, and you are dropping in and out, leaving spells of silence. 

Right now I am getting nothing, no audio what so ever.  

My Chrome is up to date and I have a gamming laptop (fast processor and fast broadband).

Is anyone else (listeners) having the same problem??

Lol, 10 minutes before kick-off, Laurie apologizes for audio issues then sound cuts out altogether. Back now, though. Laurie still competing with the PA system and other background noise.

Francis Albert

No sound when I sign in and the thing seems stick at 2.15pm. OK got it now but commetary drowned in crowd noise, mostly from the visiting end. Is it being done by phone from there?

Edited by Francis Albert

12 minutes ago, sadj said:

Iv got it on other sources but Hearts TV is just a white screen for me still.

What other sources? I cant see it on Hesgoals.

7 minutes ago, skwif1 said:

Can you please do something about your levels. One minute you are hardly audible and the next you play music that blasts into my ears, as I use headphones. 

The ambient noise in the stadium (or background sound you use) is drowning out your commentary, and you are dropping in and out, leaving spells of silence. 

Right now I am getting nothing, no audio what so ever.  

My Chrome is up to date and I have a gamming laptop (fast processor and fast broadband).

Is anyone else (listeners) having the same problem??

A gamming laptop? Where can I get hold of one of these?

Edited by argyjambo
Spelling

Hey folks, sorry about the audio issues at the weekend. There were some problems with the Alba feed, which led to some challenges in the studio. You probably noticed I didn't have any sound myself, which added to the difficulties! 

20 minutes ago, 1874 said:

In this day and age , I really can’t understand how we still have issues with hearts tv !!!!!!!

No picture and the audio repeats itself every 2 seconds. Pish

No problems here in Arizona.  Picture is good.  Replays are good.  Commentary is good.  Studio half time review is fine.  

Seems as if you have a local issue.

5 hours ago, 1874 said:

In this day and age , I really can’t understand how we still have issues with hearts tv !!!!!!!

They don’t quite have the same server capacity and resiliance as Netflix. Then there are localised to issues to contend with as well.

But I’m sure it must be frustrating if you are overseas and want to watch the Hearts game.