Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

3 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

I've just registered for the season pass on this new Hearts TV site, using my ST reference number that was emailed to me. Its confirmed I've registered properly and I can watch the Freeview videos on the site. Is that all I need to do? Will the game be just sitting there for me to click onto at some point the morn?

Yes, that's correct.  I just re-registered last Saturday and that's exactly what happened.  Is there an event listing on your dashboard screen?  If so, you should be ready for tomorrow.  If you are still in doubt, contact "support" a.s.a.p. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Yes, that's correct.  I just re-registered last Saturday and that's exactly what happened.  Is there an event listing on your dashboard screen?  If so, you should be ready for tomorrow.  If you are still in doubt, contact "support" a.s.a.p. 

Thanks for the reply mate. Not sure about the event listing to be honest. Laptop is away for the evening and I’m now in my cot. Will check in the mornin tho and contact support ASAP if need be. 

Thanks again. Appreciated 👍🏼

julienbrellier
On 28/07/2021 at 16:31, julienbrellier said:

Not going to be able to watch the celtic game at the time of the match this saturday. Have hearts tv though and will be outside the uk. I know there is a replay of the match though that comes on.  Firstly, what time will it be uploaded on hearts tv? Is it possible to get a link directly to the match so I don't see the score, evidence of goals etc? I'm hoping this has been done before

Thanks

that would be a massive help mate, will pm you my email address. Any idea what time it gets uploaded? Ideally going to watch it late if poss if it goes up before midnight. 

3 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

that would be a massive help mate, will pm you my email address. Any idea what time it gets uploaded? Ideally going to watch it late if poss if it goes up before midnight. 

Got your email and replied.  Full game usually posted by Sunday lunch time in Edinburgh.

55 minutes ago, connlach said:

Great coverage and picture today especially around the 89th minute 👍

Did you have the same issues I had then !!!

was really annoying and spoiled the whole atmosphere with it cutting out and in ! 

28 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Did you have the same issues I had then !!!

was really annoying and spoiled the whole atmosphere with it cutting out and in ! 

Only real issue I had was the shots of the Celtic manager and bench players while the ball was in play but that's just a function of using a biased TV source feed.

No other issues here apart from Laurie using the expression "front foot" about 100 times during the game. Time for a few new commentary phrases.

53 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Only real issue I had was the shots of the Celtic manager and bench players while the ball was in play but that's just a function of using a biased TV source feed.

No other issues here apart from Laurie using the expression "front foot" about 100 times during the game. Time for a few new commentary phrases.

Good to hear DD , must have been at my end then . 

13 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

Link emailed to you.  

1 hour ago, 1874 said:

Good to hear DD , must have been at my end then . 

You using a VPN these days?

10 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

I'll try to focus on "back foot" more next time 😂

Seriously though, always good to know if I've overused a phrase - sometimes don't realise at the time. Yesterday was also one of those types of games I find trickiest to do dual commentary for, when the tempo gets slow and you get the same passage of play over and over - with routine passes between defenders. Have to keep following what's happening for the audio only audience, but it gets repetitive for the visual audience to keep repeating the same things when nothing much is happening and they can see that for themselves. 

Not the easiest game to watch but all's well that ends well! Hopefully the coverage came through well on the whole. 

TyphoonJambo
2 hours ago, Laurie said:

Seriously though, always good to know if I've overused a phrase - sometimes don't realise at the time. Yesterday was also one of those types of games I find trickiest to do dual commentary for, when the tempo gets slow and you get the same passage of play over and over - with routine passes between defenders. Have to keep following what's happening for the audio only audience, but it gets repetitive for the visual audience to keep repeating the same things when nothing much is happening and they can see that for themselves. 

Not the easiest game to watch but all's well that ends well! Hopefully the coverage came through well on the whole. 

Enjoyed it mare,great work. I think,unless I missed it,this could be the first game you've never mentioned  a "scremash "

55 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Enjoyed it mare,great work. I think,unless I missed it,this could be the first game you've never mentioned  a "scremash "

That's another black mark for me! Although maybe not enough goalmouth scrambles to warrant use of the Montford classic line last night. 

TyphoonJambo
23 minutes ago, Laurie said:

That's another black mark for me! Although maybe not enough goalmouth scrambles to warrant use of the Montford classic line last night. 

As I was out I saw the game on sky but watched it again this morning on HTV. So,so much better with your commentary and passion. 

5 hours ago, Laurie said:

"Side footed" works well when appropriate too!  

No real criticism of your commentary which is one of the reasons why we subscribe to Hearts TV but sometimes a quiet mention helps rather than harms the overall experience.  Thanks for taking my comment in a positive way.

Now, on the subject of Arthur Montford.........how about "turned on a sixpence" when Ginelly spins on the ball?  :qqb003:

I heard Laurie mention there will be no coverage at St Mirren.  Aware pre covid we had some agreements to share feeds for away games and the price went up accordingly.  Is that likely to be the case this year or will it be home games only for international subscribers? 

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, connlach said:

I heard Laurie mention there will be no coverage at St Mirren.  Aware pre covid we had some agreements to share feeds for away games and the price went up accordingly.  Is that likely to be the case this year or will it be home games only for international subscribers? 

To be fair the actual coverage of which away venues would be included within this package has always been sketchy.  I've no idea what service I'm getting for this extra cash.

Pretty much depends upon what facilities the home club are prepared to provide.  I heard Laurie's statement at the end of yesterday's stream too.  "Audio only" next week.

23 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

You using a VPN these days?

No VPN , same international subscription as I’ve always used … 

Phil D. Corners
10 hours ago, connlach said:

Good to know.

i wish the club would be better at advertising the up coming games in the Hearts TV site. It’s always been sketchy. 

Hey folks, 

I mentioned at full time we'd have audio commentary from Paisley as I know that's the minimum we'll be able to do, plus we had season ticket holders tuning in so they definitely won't be able to get more than that (in the UK). I hadn't been given definite info on away matches yet, still haven't, but I understand we should have a video feed for international subscribers - as per the stuff I mentioned last season about the Premiership broadcasting agreement that means there is a feed from every game (unlike the crap we had to deal with in the Championship last season). There is one potential exception to that, but that's not St Mirren - so hopefully this Saturday there is video for international (plus audio for UK).

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Hey folks, 

I mentioned at full time we'd have audio commentary from Paisley as I know that's the minimum we'll be able to do, plus we had season ticket holders tuning in so they definitely won't be able to get more than that (in the UK). I hadn't been given definite info on away matches yet, still haven't, but I understand we should have a video feed for international subscribers - as per the stuff I mentioned last season about the Premiership broadcasting agreement that means there is a feed from every game (unlike the crap we had to deal with in the Championship last season). There is one potential exception to that, but that's not St Mirren - so hopefully this Saturday there is video for international (plus audio for UK).

Wooohooooo,ya beauty. Well done.

5 hours ago, Laurie said:

Hey folks, 

Thanks so much for confirming and all the hard work 

Good News for the weekend for me in Canada then . Hey anyone have any idea how I change the video quality settings when watching full match replay . I know on live games I have to use player 2 as player 1 only gives me option of 1500 , so the replay of the match doesn’t give me the option of selecting a player . Just have player 1 that’s the only one I can use , but as said I can only get 1500 quality compared to 2150 I think it is on live matches … any help would be appreciated 

Confirmed for Saturday, we'll have video for international - plus Rob Borthwick and I will be doing 45 minutes pre-match build up. 

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Laurie said:

Confirmed for Saturday, we'll have video for international - plus Rob Borthwick and I will be doing 45 minutes pre-match build up. 

Brilliant news. Well done guys.

On 02/08/2021 at 12:14, 1874 said:

Good News for the weekend for me in Canada then . Hey anyone have any idea how I change the video quality settings when watching full match replay . I know on live games I have to use player 2 as player 1 only gives me option of 1500 , so the replay of the match doesn’t give me the option of selecting a player . Just have player 1 that’s the only one I can use , but as said I can only get 1500 quality compared to 2150 I think it is on live matches … any help would be appreciated 

Looks like 1500 is the limit on video replay.  :rolleyes4:

Japan Jambo
On 02/08/2021 at 12:19, Laurie said:

Hey folks, 

Let me guess - Rangers still being difficult?

Is there a reason why we cant cast to tv via google chrome from Iphones.

I known its easy from laptop but I dont always have it with me.

cheers 

2 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Anybody else lose their stream on 18 minutes?

nah, been all good here, (minus 20 seconds of st mirren commentators in my left ear)

Just now, Dinger said:

nah, been all good here, (minus 20 seconds of st mirren commentators in my left ear)

Yes....got that too!  Made it obvious how good our guys really are.

TyphoonJambo

Perfect here in Spain. A bit hot though😁😁😁😁 

Thanks.  Must have been my local ISP then.  Lost six minutes n the first half then for about 4 minutes in the second got the message "This video file cannot be played. Error code 232011."  According to "support" I should have cleared my video cache but the stream came back up by itself and was fine for the rest of the game and the post match review.

Good commentary today despite the guys not being in the stadium.  No "front foot" comments from Laurie but a couple of "back foot" mentions in the second half that were, in fact, appropriate.  :biggrin2:

Just got a confirmation email from Hearts to confirm this week's cup game will be live (for international viewers) on Hearts TV. Great footie in the sun. 

7 hours ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Just got a confirmation email from Hearts to confirm this week's cup game will be live (for international viewers) on Hearts TV. Great footie in the sun. 

Nice 

I'm really excited about the changes we're implementing to the Hearts TV coverage, starting tomorrow. See the update on the official website - https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/how-to-follow-hearts-v-aberdeen

This will now be something we do for home games whenever possible (for live TV games we may not be able to, due to broadcasters having first option on studio space) and I think it'll really help enhance the overall service. 

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Laurie said:

I'm really excited about the changes we're implementing to the Hearts TV coverage, starting tomorrow. See the update on the official website - https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/how-to-follow-hearts-v-aberdeen

This will now be something we do for home games whenever possible (for live TV games we may not be able to, due to broadcasters having first option on studio space) and I think it'll really help enhance the overall service. 

I bet you'll both be buzzing when this one gets under way. Though the treck for your half time bovril could be more problematic.  Why are you 2 so far away from all the amenities.  Surely the club should be catering for your needs.

Worthing Jambo
7 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

I bet you'll both be buzzing when this one gets under way. Though the treck for your half time bovril could be more problematic.  Why are you 2 so far away from all the amenities.  Surely the club should be catering for your needs.

At least a commode you would think!

TyphoonJambo
9 hours ago, Worthing Jambo said:

At least a commode you would think!

2 complementary Tenna Man,just for Jimmy.

Ive signed up to International TV but I've been having trouble recrntly with getting any player to work through nord vpn on mobile. It just hangs while trying to load player 1 and 2 and has error message for player 3. Has anyone had the same and have any fixes?

TyphoonJambo
2 hours ago, adiphmfc said:

Ive signed up to International TV but I've been having trouble recrntly with getting any player to work through nord vpn on mobile. It just hangs while trying to load player 1 and 2 and has error message for player 3. Has anyone had the same and have any fixes?

Contact Nord. We use it for BBC from Spain but not all uk numbers beat the BBC licensing stuff. Might help. Their customer help is very good.

Glamorgan Jambo

Very much enjoyed the production today. The use of the studio with Rob Borthwick and Micky Cameron before and after the game added a lot compared to last season. And the picture quality appears to have stepped up a notch. Decent value for £15.

3 hours ago, adiphmfc said:

Just switch off the VPN when watching Hearts TV.  No need to pass the stream through the Nord TV scanning servers and create delays.  

the Hearts way
6 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Just switch off the VPN when watching Hearts TV.  No need to pass the stream through the Nord TV scanning servers and create delays.  

Between Jimmy Sanidson and Lawrie, 

Haven't heard a commentary,  praise the opposition as much as those two 🙄

Erses.