Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

letsmakesomenoise
On 27/03/2021 at 14:31, wattie exploited said:

is any one having the following problem just a black screen with a red dot bottom left of the screen  when you click on the play button for the game 

it works on my computer but not on the tv any advice would be appreciated ****ing hearts shit tv !!!!!!!!!!!! 

Yes that is exactly what I am getting, brand new Bravia TV which has worked perfectly all season until they “upgraded” the player about two games ago.  

Thankfully I can get it to work on my iPad fine, and can cast it to the tv so can get a picture but it all seems a bit convoluted.  As someone else said, the first success criteria for an upgrade is that it improves peoples viewing experience.  This hasn’t, its shit. We are paying good money for nothing now.

wattie exploited
5 hours ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

Yes that is exactly what I am getting, brand new Bravia TV which has worked perfectly all season until they “upgraded” the player about two games ago.  

Thankfully I can get it to work on my iPad fine, and can cast it to the tv so can get a picture but it all seems a bit convoluted.  As someone else said, the first success criteria for an upgrade is that it improves peoples viewing experience.  This hasn’t, its shit. We are paying good money for nothing now.

same problem here its a bit off a joke a lot off money paid for a blank ****ing screen :rifle:

been here before

Only 2 more games though and we'll never have to bother ourselves with the 24 carat horseshit that is Hearts TV again.

7 hours ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

There are known issues with the browser that Sony uses in their Bravia models and streaming video so you would be best to, if you can, switch to another browser.  A statement from Hearts TV re tested browser compatibility would be useful though.   

letsmakesomenoise
33 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Good to know it's not just Hearts TV that is absolutely crap. Pars TV is just as bad. 

The whole dunfermline goal area is in the shade, you cant see whats going on.  Doesn’t really matter though, the JTees have been nowhere near it!

letsmakesomenoise
3 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

There are known issues with the browser that Sony uses in their Bravia models and streaming video so you would be best to, if you can, switch to another browser.  A statement from Hearts TV re tested browser compatibility would be useful though.   

That’s all very well, but everything was working FINE until Hearts techie gurus decided to change everything.  So, whilst I’m all for progress the very least they can do is make sure that what used to work still works!  I was the test manager for a large multinational, and believe me if I’d upgraded software without making sure that the thing still worked for existing users - regression testing - i would have had my jotters faster than Berra hoofing the ball forward in the vague direction of Boycie!

54 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

That’s all very well, but everything was working FINE until Hearts techie gurus decided to change everything.  So, whilst I’m all for progress the very least they can do is make sure that what used to work still works!  I was the test manager for a large multinational, and believe me if I’d upgraded software without making sure that the thing still worked for existing users - regression testing - i would have had my jotters faster than Berra hoofing the ball forward in the vague direction of Boycie!

While I agree with you in principle, there are just too many custom TV browsers out there these days to make it economic for a small operation. Have you contacted Hearts TV support?

You could also try installing Google Chrome on your TV.  

I sent an email to the contacts address and the response was poor so I sent another just asking if any future games were being broadcast and mentioned that I realised that away games were under the control of the home club but a note informing subscribers of exactly what was available and what was not would be appreciated but got no response at all.

Nothing new there as we've never been able to get a proper schedule.  However, Laurie Dunsmore did mention in a post earlier in this thread, that the basic plan is to stream every home game and, where possible, get video or audio from away games.

It's not satisfactory but much of the problem here is, not surprisingly, with the SPFL.  There should have been a standard set for TV streaming of this season's matches with no fans in attendance.  

• 2 weeks later...
been here before

No bad today.

Only 25 minutes before it froze and died.

Another top quality Hearts TV production.

been here before

Cool. Missed the third goal. Great stuff Hearts.

Im going to be rinsing these useless ***** for every penny I can get against next seasons ST by way of 4 less games, games back for a Platinum ST or whatever. 

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, been here before said:

Im going to be rinsing these useless ***** for every penny I can get against next seasons ST by way of 4 less games, games back for a Platinum ST or whatever. 

All working fine here. 👍🤣

22 minutes ago, been here before said:

There's something wrong with your local ISP or local setup then as there are plenty of subscribers without any problems.  You can't blame the source for problems when other users don't have any.

been here before
6 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

There's something wrong with your local ISP or local setup then as there are plenty of subscribers without any problems.  You can't blame the source for problems when other users don't have any.

Aye apart from the last poster you replied to.

A few on the match thread too.

Is Pavlov dave working you?

Edited by been here before

Forever Hearts
11 hours ago, davemclaren said:

All working fine here. 👍🤣

Why do you find it funny that someone is paying good money for a crap service? 

been here before
12 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

He's acted like a 24 carat prick the whole season if someones had an issue. God alone knows why.

Jumps in the second someone mentions Hearts TV. Sits there telling all and sundry the issue(s) are with them or their equipment and that its never the fault of Hearts-despite clear evidence to the contrary- even when theres been  the (weekly) apologies on the match commentary. His is fine so no one else matters a ****.

And he finds it funny to laugh at fellow supporters who have forked out sometimes well over a grand and who have had to put up with a chronic service all season.

Weird as **** behaviour but sadly oh so predictable from him now.

davemclaren
12 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I don’t find it funny but, as I said earlier on the thread, when only a few people are having issues ( as appears to have happened ) yesterday ) it suggests to me that it isn’t a problem at the Hearts TV end. However my pal doesn’t like me holding that view. 

davemclaren
23 minutes ago, been here before said:

He's acted like a 24 carat prick the whole season if someones had an issue. God alone knows why.

Jumps in the second someone mentions Hearts TV. Sits there telling all and sundry the issue(s) are with them or their equipment and that its never the fault of Hearts-despite clear evidence to the contrary- even when theres been  the (weekly) apologies on the match commentary. His is fine so no one else matters a ****.

And he finds it funny to laugh at fellow supporters who have forked out sometimes well over a grand and who have had to put up with a chronic service all season.

Weird as **** behaviour but sadly oh so predictable from him now.

Hopefully neither of us will have to view via a HeartsTV stream ( which has generally been good for me but clearly not for you ) next season. 

been here before
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Hopefully neither of us will have to view via a HeartsTV stream ( which has generally been good for me but clearly not for you ) next season. 

Boom... mention Hearts TV and its..

Its Pavlov dave

:rofl:

davemclaren
Just now, been here before said:

Boom... mention Hearts TV and its..

Its Pavlov dave

:rofl:

I’ll miss these chats. 🤣

Forever Hearts
50 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t find it funny but, as I said earlier on the thread, when only a few people are having issues ( as appears to have happened ) yesterday ) it suggests to me that it isn’t a problem at the Hearts TV end. However my pal doesn’t like me holding that view. 

The laughing emoji would suggest that you do find it funny. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

The laughing emoji would suggest that you do find it funny. 

I admit to finding your reactions funny.

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I admit to finding your reactions funny.

Mines worked fine, Dave. But I think you posting laughing emojis and telling somebody yours is working when they're having problems is in poor taste. 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Mines worked fine, Dave. But I think you posting laughing emojis and telling somebody yours is working when they're having problems is in poor taste. 

I think you have to read our long running discussions over the last months  about it to get the context, not that they are particularly interesting. However, if I was to post that I was having problems with my stream I would expect others to post if they are, or are not, as well and would find that useful. Must just be me I suppose. 

been here before
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think you have to read our long running discussions over the last months  about it to get the context, not that they are particularly interesting. However, if I was to post that I was having problems with my stream I would expect others to post if they are, or are not, as well and would find that useful. Must just be me I suppose. 

The context being that others have had obvious problems, which have mote often than not been acknowledged on the match commentary.

For the most part you've found it hugely entertaining to laugh at them because you havent really been affected by the issues and seem to have appointed yourself as Denier In Cheif that the fault could possibly anything other than those who are getting a shit service.

You cant even accept that a lot of folk think the content of Hearts matchday presentation is extremely poor wiyhout some god awful attempt at a smart arse reply.

You are if course entitled to your opinion but the manner in which you have continually expressed it over the season has made has made you look an utter tosser.

Edited by been here before

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

The context being that others have had obvious problems, which have mote often than not been acknowledged on the match commentary.

For the most part you've found it hugely entertaining to laugh at them because you havent really been affected by the issues and seem to have appointed yourself as Denier In Cheif that the fault could possibly anything other than those who are getting a shit service.

You cant even accept that a lot of folk think the content of Hearts matchday presentation is extremely poor wiyhout some god awful attempt at a smart arse reply.

You are if course entitled to your opinion but the manner in which you have continually expressed it over the season has made has made you look an utter tosser.

You’re entitled to your opinion as well. 

been here before
Just now, davemclaren said:

You’re entitled to your opinion as well. 

Aye, never saw that reply coming

TyphoonJambo
11 hours ago, Algy said:

It's been good, it's been bad (at times abysmally so), but thanks to Laurie and all at Hearts TV for showing it all. 

Seconded. Love it. Keep up the good work guys.  

Thanks guys. It's been a challenging season at times, on and off the park, but I'm feeling excited about the new campaign (call me crazy). 

From a Hearts TV perspective it will be great to have access to the same facilities as the top flight clubs (provided by the SPFL). 

Onwards and upwards. 

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Laurie said:

Thanks guys. It's been a challenging season at times, on and off the park, but I'm feeling excited about the new campaign (call me crazy). 

From a Hearts TV perspective it will be great to have access to the same facilities as the top flight clubs (provided by the SPFL). 

Onwards and upwards. 

Laurie  a quick question. Did you get any comeback from the club over the ND GTF mask? Great touch by the way.

On 01/05/2021 at 13:08, TypoonJambo said:

Laurie  a quick question. Did you get any comeback from the club over the ND GTF mask? Great touch by the way.

I was told to remove the post I put up, which is fair enough - I expected as much, since I was at the match and 'on duty' (in my own time I could've got away with it). It was maybe a silly stunt, all on me of course, but when I knew he was coming I couldn't resist... 

jamienick

Can someone tell me if there are going to be any changes to my International TV Subscription

from what I was viewing last year. For instance, I thought I read that we can broadcast games

as long as they are not being broadcast live by Sky....is that correct?. I don't get Sky Sports here

in the US, so that would be an obvious concern.

Also, any other broadcast restriction or changes? Do you think next season is going to be any

more/less beneficial for Subscribers.

Thanks!

Onward and Upward we go!

Beave1874
1 hour ago, jamienick said:

Can someone tell me if there are going to be any changes to my International TV Subscription

from what I was viewing last year. For instance, I thought I read that we can broadcast games

as long as they are not being broadcast live by Sky....is that correct?. I don't get Sky Sports here

Also, any other broadcast restriction or changes? Do you think next season is going to be any

Thanks!

Onward and Upward we go!

I would think as an International subscriber you will still get the games regardless of being on Sky. I think you cannot purchase a PPV in the UK if Sky showing. Thats my take.

DesertDawg
2 hours ago, jamienick said:

Thanks!

Onward and Upward we go!

In previous years we've been offered all home game + away games where agreement with the home club had been reached.  I don't recall any broadcast restrictions on Hearts TV for non-UK subscribers. 

• 1 month later...
TyphoonJambo

Any idea whether there will be video for the Peterhead Cup game?

9 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Any idea whether there will be video for the Peterhead Cup game?

I’m also interested in this .. awaits an informed person to pop along 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, 1874 said:

I’m also interested in this .. awaits an informed person to pop along 

I imagine it will be on ppv. 

TyphoonJambo
11 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I imagine it will be on ppv. 

Wheres Laurie?