Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

Just now, steve123 said:

they have sorted it for me, refreshed my account and working.

Probably got plenty of experience with that problem!   :lol::653:

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Captain Sausage

Last game before my subscription expires. 

The quality of the feed matches the quality of the team. Absolutely unwatchable. Either frozen or buffering horrifically. 

Contact support.  I just did.  Not hopeful of getting this fixed but the more complaints they get should make them pay more attention.

Signed up for a month as I have upgraded to a 500 mb fibre and having the same issues when it was a 100 mb line.

Watching it via a spfl channel being streamed in Asia - brutal stuff.

It won't make any difference Jay.  This is a source feed problem.  Even dial-up would suffer from this feed.  

Support response.  :tumbleweed:

"We have spoken to the engineers at Killie TV and they are looking into the problem.

Kind regards,

Hearts TV Support"

Just now, DesertDawg said:

It won't make any difference Jay.  This is a source feed problem.  Even dial-up would suffer from this feed.  

Thankfully I will be able to watch this in the flesh on the 29th against Aberdeen 🙄

2 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Thankfully I will be able to watch this in the flesh on the 29th against Aberdeen 🙄

Nice neon ... hope you get a good result when your there .. can someone send me the support email , can’t seem to find it since they change the webpage 

Worst yet , unable to watch . It would be nice to receive an apology and a refund , however, I will expect neither as per the normal service

St Johnstone refunded, this lot definitely wont. Crap coverage of a crappy product. 

Yes agree , having real problems here just to keep the stream going .. buffering, stopping , and now again completely lost the stream 

1 minute ago, Dinger said:

pretty sure its because rangers dont allow us to use their feed

Shouldn't that work both ways then? 

20 minutes ago, ozjambo said:

Shouldn't that work both ways then? 

from memory i think it does, however when rangers are away from home their games are shown on sky or bt so they use the sky/bt feed, and for the rare away games that are not on tv rangers have there own broadcast unit and use that, something that hearts tv cant afford. 

i might be completely wrong on all counts tho, but im sure that was the reason given in the past 

Yea it is live on rangers TV , they want £7.99 for it not sure I am going to pay that given the probable result !!

Edited by steve123

Only the away games with live TV feeds from the same contractor that provides Hearts TV and those other clubs that permit exchange schemes are shown on Hearts TV.  Rangers TV doesn't participate.

Ive got rangers telly but hate listening to these west coast trumpets

Several users seem to be having that problem with Android devices and audio.  You might need to check with your service carrier.

Thanks DD. Never used to be able to even play the recorded videos on android but the tech has moved on a little since then. Just a pity that the club doesn't yet have a dedicated app including Hearts TV.

re Rangers/Hearts feed - prime example of all that is wrong with Scottish football imo. Rather than the clubs all playing nice to help justify the heavy cost of the subscription and generally help supporters feel engaged, you have new clubs like this coming along and acting selfishly. Note that their spat with the BBC continues - will they ever see any punishment for that?

If I get hearts tv UK subscription, can I watch matches when I’m abroad or do I have to subscribe to international for that? I’m away for a couple days and wanted to watch tonight’s game but don’t feel like paying £13 or whatever it is

37 minutes ago, Dayman said:

If I get hearts tv UK subscription, can I watch matches when I’m abroad or do I have to subscribe to international for that? I’m away for a couple days and wanted to watch tonight’s game but don’t feel like paying £13 or whatever it is

International, I’m sure you need this , 

43 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Only way is to cough up the  £12.99 for the International month subscription.  :wacko:

30 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Only way is to cough up the  £12.99 for the International month subscription.  :wacko:

That’s annoying! I’ll maybe have to do it though. Too poor this month to go to many games. 

50 minutes ago, Dayman said:

That’s annoying! I’ll maybe have to do it though. Too poor this month to go to many games. 

I agree but I guess that there has to be a minimum charge.  If you stay on until Saturday you can see the Motherwell game too.  :653:

2 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

I agree but I guess that there has to be a minimum charge.  If you stay on until Saturday you can see the Motherwell game too.  :653:

I Signed up but it only gave me the option for UK subscription. I emailed them right after and asked to be upgraded and was happy to pay. 

They emailed 5 mins before 7 saying that I had to be logged into local internet(as I still have a UK sim in my phone), and had until 7 to go back in and upgrade. 

I didn’t see this email until 7:03 and they’ve told me there’s nothing they can do. Why can I manage to get raith rovers tv at the drop of a button on a pay per game basis, but hearts tv has absolute farcical Systems in place? 45th attempt at hearts tv, and none have been a success 

2 hours ago, Dayman said:

I Signed up but it only gave me the option for UK subscription. I emailed them right after and asked to be upgraded and was happy to pay. 

They emailed 5 mins before 7 saying that I had to be logged into local internet(as I still have a UK sim in my phone), and had until 7 to go back in and upgrade. 

I didn’t see this email until 7:03 and they’ve told me there’s nothing they can do. Why can I manage to get raith rovers tv at the drop of a button on a pay per game basis, but hearts tv has absolute farcical Systems in place? 45th attempt at hearts tv, and none have been a success 

Because Raith TV is run really well by volunteers but Hearts TV is contracted out to some company in West Lothian.  Ever notice that Raith TV has also free highlights up within a couple o hours of the end of games as well as interviews with John McGlynn? I will give the West Lothian guys credit for one thing though....their picture quality has improved a lot this season........just as our team has deteriorated.   :tumbleweed:  

9 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Because Raith TV is run really well by volunteers but Hearts TV is contracted out to some company in West Lothian.  Ever notice that Raith TV has also free highlights up within a couple o hours of the end of games as well as interviews with John McGlynn? I will give the West Lothian guys credit for one thing though....their picture quality has improved a lot this season........just as our team has deteriorated.   :tumbleweed:  

Yeah, raith rivers were just an example as well. I’ve bought video service from maybe 10-12 other teams throughout the top couple leagues And they’ve all been far superior to Hearts. The picture quality is very good this year though, I’ll give them that. I’ve not needed to use it much this season so can’t comment on the regular issues though! 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, twjambo said:

Watching the video. Teams not out yet. Picture quality is good. Audio cuts out every few seconds. How is it for everyone else. 

Same here , audio was ok after a while , good stream though again 

Francis Albert

Its months since I have been able to access Hearts TV audio. I get to the Listen Now option but nothing happens. The help function has responded quickly nut nothing seems to help. Any others have similar experience? (TBH it has been a bit of a relief not to have accessed it in recent months)

Possibly your ISP is blocking or throttling streaming audio to save on bandwidth.  I'd start by asking them.   :compute:

If that's not the case then we can try to track it down step by step.

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic