Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great to see more away games added. I hate listening only, like Hamilton last week. I believe Sevco and Celtic broadcast every away game, so it must be a cost issue.

It would be nice if the reserve games at tynecastle were recorded and uploaded for us to see how the fringe players are preforming. I would guess it will be recorded anyway for player analysis.

looking forward to more content and Q and A with players. At the moment you can read the pre match interview in the tabloids website long before it is uploaded to the site, then in their wisdom load the player pre match interview a day later. All seems like old news by the time I watch it.

i hope the Stevie Naismith interview is the start of extra content and long may it continue. Would it be possible to do a tour of the new main stand, sure, I have seen pictures but a nice wee video would go down a treat for us exiled to far away places.

Happy to pay additional for a better service. Hearts tv is my lifeline to Tynecastle and all things Hearts.

We have a great commentary team in Laurie &Co, just wish they had a monitor to look at replays that we see, they are sometimes  left in the dark with what happened.

I would expect they will be located in the new tv studio on the non live tv days, so hopefully this should see them get a monitor and better sound quality. Also easier access to the halftime pies.

O.K.  Got the "periodic blackouts."  I've commented on it previously but it seems to mostly occur when camera positions change although, yes, there have been other lapses that have losted longer.  I've noticed that Google Chromecasting can occasionally cause this problem too at the local receiving end.

I got a prompt response in my mailbox again today to yesterday's questions as follows.

"Hi Brian,

We have been working on the issue with the audio and have changed over headsets, we have also changed over the cables that were being used and we ran tests yesterday and all the systems worked without any issues. Hopefully now, this is resolved.

Live streaming at away grounds is down to facilities and under current rules, the away team only needs to be provided with an ISDN for audio.

We are however looking into this and will hopefully have more news in the coming weeks.

Kind regards

Hearts TV Support"

In response, I'll raise the points made by Neon, 1874, BM1874 (these two always get me confused despite 1874 being in Canada :happy:) and JIR above.  I'll include any comment on today's response from "Hearts TV Support" that anyone here would like to add too.

Ultimately, I guess we should have an "FAQ" page showing all of the questions asked and the present position or solution.

So do we need to subscribe again due to the increase or will this just happen automatically from the date of change .. anyone know ? 

3 hours ago, neonjambo said:

Hearts on the ball with Brians request - DD can you also ask them if they can deliver a half time pie to my door?

Made me laugh .... if possible Brian I’ll have a mince pie supper please ( delivered to Canada ?

30 minutes ago, 1874 said:

So do we need to subscribe again due to the increase or will this just happen automatically from the date of change .. anyone know ? 

I checked my email and mine came off yesterday at regular price - no email from the club about price changes yet.

4 hours ago, BM1874 said:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6875

more live away games (internet connection dependant) and a £4 p/m increase to £12.99 for international subs

uk unchanged 

Interesting this message popped up today on the heartsfc.co.uk site.

"However, this season will see even more away matches added to HeartsTV’s live international schedule, regardless of TV selection, so fans from afar can continue to follow the Hearts.

To reflect this, from August 15th there will be a price increase – the first in over four years – for International subscribers to £12.99 per month, with yearly subscriptions available at £120."

Difficult to tell if it's in response to our questions (unlikely) or somebody has been reading the comments on this thread that we'd mostly pay more for a better service.

I don't really like the idea of a 65% increase in subscription without a guarantee that the number of games that we can see will improve by a significant number.  Fair enough, the charge will be the same as Aberdeen's "RedTV" but they seem to have a more comprehensive service already that HeartsTV can't seem to match.

In my response to today's message from Hearts TV Support I'd like to comment on this increase,  so any additional input or points of view here would be welcome.

Neon,

The announcement reads to me that you will automatically be billed at the new rate on your current renewal date after August 15.......next Wednesday.

As I mentioned in the previous message, I'd prefer more than a "promise" before the increase applies.

I don’t really mind the increase in subs .. but as Brian /DD has said , what are we actually getting for this ... nothing set in stone as far as I can see . The service would have to improve dramatically for that increase and I hope they just not trying to fob us of with “ but you will get more live video away games “ 

To me the service as a whole has to improve !!!!!!!!

not including Laurie and jimmy in this rant as they are an excellent team 

ive said before but they need more content, not just matches. things like

player interviews (similar to the Sam Nicholson colorado one)

video vlog (give a player a camera for a day/ days and let them record what they get upto on an average training day etc for some behind the scenes stuff, there is a  kevin kyle one somewhere from a few years ago thats great )

games like these

training videos, 

match day vlogs

reserve team content. 

there is tones of stuff that would improve Hearts tv overall and definitely would encourage more people to subscribe  

6 hours ago, Dinger said:

ive said before but they need more content, not just matches. things like

player interviews (similar to the Sam Nicholson colorado one)

video vlog (give a player a camera for a day/ days and let them record what they get upto on an average training day etc for some behind the scenes stuff, there is a  kevin kyle one somewhere from a few years ago thats great )

games like these

training videos, 

match day vlogs

reserve team content. 

there is tones of stuff that would improve Hearts tv overall and definitely would encourage more people to subscribe  

100%, there are aspects of the club that I would love a closer look at - especially the youth set up, would love some televised games or behind the scenes intros.

As it is rely heavily on FF giving us info on how the youngsters are getting on.

Somewhat banal response today from "Support" about what we are getting for the increased subscription charge.

"Thanks for contacting us.

We only provide support for the club and all content for Hearts TV is provided by the club. The club will also provide information about what matches will be broadcast on Hearts TV.

We currently do not have a list of all live matches.

Kind Regards

Hearts TV Support"

So, as in previous seasons,  it's essentially a stonewall "we don't know" yet again.  I've asked for a direct club contact so we'll see what response comes from that.

39 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Somewhat banal response today from "Support" about what we are getting for the increased subscription charge.

"Thanks for contacting us.

We only provide support for the club and all content for Hearts TV is provided by the club. The club will also provide information about what matches will be broadcast on Hearts TV.

We currently do not have a list of all live matches.

Kind Regards

Hearts TV Support"

So, as in previous seasons,  it's essentially a stonewall "we don't know" yet again.  I've asked for a direct club contact so we'll see what response comes from that.

Clare Cowan used(not sure if still the case) to be public relations manager mate, maybe someone on here can help with an email addy.

Edited by Neon

This is the response.  I suggest that we subscribers use the email address for any concerns.

"http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/contact

Please use this link to connect the club with regards to your questions.  

Select the Marketing, Communications & Media from the Enquiry dropdown box.

Kind Regards

Hearts TV Support"

Good signal today and, yes, the audio problems have been resolved.  I still got a couple of blank screens on camera changes but only for a couple of seconds each.

Oh, and a fair result too, despite the appalling refereeing efforts.

On 07/08/2018 at 18:23, DesertDawg said:

I responded regarding the audio quality his season so far, especially the second mic, and also raised the issue of away game streams particularly since, as mentioned above, Aberdeen fans can see their team's games on "Red TV" at Tynecastle but we don't get a reciprocal service.

There is a reciprocal agreement with Aberdeen, as we showed the last Tynecastle meeting on both Hearts TV and Red TV but the Pittodrie meeting after that was a live BT Sport game anyway so there wasn't a requirement for cameras from Sports Media. Had that last game in Aberdeen not been on BT Sport we would have still showed video on Hearts TV through the same stream as Red TV.

As you all will have no doubt read, there will be additional matches on Hearts TV this coming season as reciprocal agreements are made with a few other clubs in the Premiership, more details of this will follow soon. We'll also be bringing audio coverage of Tuesday night's Irn Bru Cup match involving the Hearts colts and Ross County.   

Cheers Laurie, Thanks for the feedback.

Without divulging any secrets, should we expect the studio to used on a more regular basis? - would love to see the voice of Hearts international, someone needs to give

Scott Wilson a run for his money. :D

Hope you enjoyed the game!

1 hour ago, neonjambo said:

Cheers Laurie, Thanks for the feedback.

Without divulging any secrets, should we expect the studio to used on a more regular basis? - would love to see the voice of Hearts international, someone needs to give

Scott Wilson a run for his money. :D

Hope you enjoyed the game!

I think jimmy is the more handsome one ?

but i don’t really think they have the looks for mugshots on the tv ???

Edited by 1874

TyphoonJambo

So, with the new coverage, will we be getting the Dunfermline cup game or do we have to pay for Pars tv?

Many thanks for your response Laurie and for answering the reciprocity question for live streams with "Red TV."

As I mentioned here after Saturday's game, audio was excellent although Jimmy sounded as if he dropped his mic near the end of the game!  Too much excitement?  :laugh:

There have been a number of good suggestions for Hearts TV on this thread over the last week.  Can you raise these topics on our behalf or should we make direct contact?

On 8/12/2018 at 06:22, Laurie said:

As you all will have no doubt read, there will be additional matches on Hearts TV this coming season as reciprocal agreements are made with a few other clubs in the Premiership, more details of this will follow soon. We'll also be bringing audio coverage of Tuesday night's Irn Bru Cup match involving the Hearts colts and Ross County.   

The anticipated provision of additional matches this season is welcome.  However, we are in a bizarre situation now of being asked for a 45% increase in subscription charges from this month in exchange for a "promise" of something with no detail. Is there any way to indicate more specifically what matches we should expect to see?

22 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

So, with the new coverage, will we be getting the Dunfermline cup game or do we have to pay for Pars tv?

No announcement of audio or video on the Hearts TV site but, according to DAFC, the game will be streamed live by ParsTV.

https://parstv.co.uk/

No info on how to subscribe for this game only though, so seems a bit "hit or miss" right now.

On 8/12/2018 at 06:22, Laurie said:

19 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Audio only.

17 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

No announcement of audio or video on the Hearts TV site but, according to DAFC, the game will be streamed live by ParsTV.

https://parstv.co.uk/

No info on how to subscribe for this game only though, so seems a bit "hit or miss" right now.

Cheers for the info Brian, I think I will pass and just listen to Laurie, I signed up for a Partick thistle game last year and - got absolutely nothing.

Emailed no response, emailed again asking for refund again nothing.

Our service will reply and technical issues I have had resolved, one match they even sent me an external link.

Most of the time they are clueless or say it is out of our hands:- frustrating in the extreme that we really have no one to voice grievances to or have a

source to contact who is a direct employee of the club.

Ah, yes....."JagsTV."  I had the same experience.  :mad:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/contact

Kind Regards

Hearts TV Support"

I posted a message this morning on this link re increased charges, future away games and improved aspects as mentioned by others on this thread.

Might be a good idea for others to do that too in order to "encourage" a response.

7 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Ah, yes....."JagsTV."  I had the same experience.  :mad:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/contact

Kind Regards

Hearts TV Support"

I posted a message this morning on this link re increased charges, future away games and improved aspects as mentioned by others on this thread.

Might be a good idea for others to do that too in order to "encourage" a response.

Done Brian,

Let's hope others do also, only airing your concerns will get anything changed guys.

Good Morning,

As a HeartsTV subscriber, I can see no details on which extra games shall be aired,
The club statement was a little vague to which games would be aired.
With an almost 50% increase in pricing, I would like to know how many extra games that entitles us to?

I believe the HeartsTV service could be significantly better than it's current format, increasing revenue from not only those overseas but also those at home.

People are willing to pay the extra from the feedback I have seen but it is unreasonable to ask them to do so without knowing what the precise details of the package.

Myself and others have tried to contact the club on several occasions on this and other matters about poor quality of service, but seem to be stonewalled and finding out whom we should be airing our grievances to seems to be like getting blood out of a stone.

Please advise if there will be further announcements on televised games and what to expect from the service in the next 12 months and who would be the best contact at the club to contact.

I think a few (myself included) are becoming more and more frustrated with a lack of spokesperson on these matters.

TyphoonJambo
13 hours ago, neonjambo said:

Done Brian,

Let's hope others do also, only airing your concerns will get anything changed guys.

Good Morning,

As a HeartsTV subscriber, I can see no details on which extra games shall be aired,
The club statement was a little vague to which games would be aired.
With an almost 50% increase in pricing, I would like to know how many extra games that entitles us to?

I believe the HeartsTV service could be significantly better than it's current format, increasing revenue from not only those overseas but also those at home.

People are willing to pay the extra from the feedback I have seen but it is unreasonable to ask them to do so without knowing what the precise details of the package.

Myself and others have tried to contact the club on several occasions on this and other matters about poor quality of service, but seem to be stonewalled and finding out whom we should be airing our grievances to seems to be like getting blood out of a stone.

Please advise if there will be further announcements on televised games and what to expect from the service in the next 12 months and who would be the best contact at the club to contact.

I think a few (myself included) are becoming more and more frustrated with a lack of spokesperson on these matters.

Well said neon. I too asked the question via the link, still no answer. At what stage do we contact Anne?

Think neonjambo’s post is totally valid. Whilst I personally welcome and would be delighted to pay for additional live games to give no clarity on what these are whilst at the same time significantly increasing the price is simply not good enough. Judging by the Hearts Tv page it does not look like either the upcoming Dunfermline League Cup game or the upcoming Kilmarnock League game are being shown so the question remains what games are??! 

This needs clarified by Hearts.   

Just a quick question to those who look in, while waiting for Hearts to get back to me.

How much would you be willing to pay as an overseas subscriber for a service which had every game home and away?

What is the maximum you would spend?

Should a loyalty point system be introduced for overseas subscribers and should the club shop also award loyalty points for purchases?

Please list any content not all ready mentioned in this thread that you would like to see added.

Really hopeful of making some progress on this.

TyphoonJambo

I think for every game 12-15 pounds a month but I would like to see more preparation for the coverage. It seems we’re caught out too many times when turning up for away games. As for additional content maybe something  along the lines of player blogs, training updates etc.

Response, as follows, from Phil Turnbull was in my mailbox this morning together with a copy of my outgoing message from Monday.

"Hi Brian,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I appreciate your kind words about the HeartsTV service. Over the past couple of months we’ve started to have a real go at improving the overall product because, and I’ll be the first to admit, it had become stale and uninteresting.

We’ve made small but simple, and hopefully effective, changes. Post-match interviews every weekend, in addition to further interviews with players and staff throughout the week (this sometimes depends on the first-team’s training schedule), have all been added. We’ve also sourced a summariser for away matches so that Laurie doesn’t have to carry the ‘burden’ of commentating on an entire match himself. Laurie is very keen to add more to the matchday service, so we’re exploring the possibilities of adding a half-time show and possibly a podcast.

We will shortly begin an increased focus on the Reserve League, with interviews and footage from every game. You may have noticed the coverage of last night’s Irn-Bru Cup tie – we’ll be aiming to replicate that (though live commentary from these games will probably be beyond our resources at present).

At the end of last season we produced a video focusing on the young players at Hearts and built it around the final Premiership game of the season against Kilmarnock, when eight teenagers featured during the course of the match. The video was well received and it is at the forefront our minds to do more of these ‘behind the scenes’ types of videos.

At present, what dictates how many of these ‘new features’ see the light of day is, unfortunately, down to human resources. Currently, I look after the club’s media output, including HeartsTV, and I am a department of one. We are, however, beginning the process of bringing in another body to add the department, which should allow us to focus more time on improving the HeartsTV experience.

With regards to more live games being shown this season, I can confirm that will be the case. Our partners at Sports Media GB have added Dundee to their stable, and are currently involved with getting two or three more Premiership clubs on board. The reason why we have been vague about the exact number of games that will be shown is because Sports Media GB and these clubs must conclude their partnerships and announce them, something which we cannot do for them. I’m very, very hopeful that we will be able to show live, outside the UK & Ireland (as per SPFL broadcast restrictions) away matches at Aberdeen, Celtic, Dundee and Hibernian, along with two or three more clubs. This would give us a minimum of eight live games, plus any that are shown live on TV, along with 18 home matches at Tynecastle. So, worst case scenario, we’re talking about 26 of Hearts’ 38 Premiership matches shown live on HeartsTV, and potentially even more if the other clubs come on board.

Prices for International subscribers haven’t increased since we moved to Sports Media GB back in 2014. We feel that, with added games and more content throughout the week, now is an appropriate time to raise subscriptions. By investing in people too, it is our intention to improve the overall service and give fans value for money.

What pleases me is that since the 2018/19 started, we have seen an increase in subscribers by around 20%. I’m determined to keep this figure rising by making HeartsTV a service that no supporter can live without.

I hope this has went some way to answering your question, if there is anything else I can assist with then please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind regards,

Phil"

Phil Turnbull

Media & Communications Officer

Heart of Midlothian plc | Tynecastle Park | Gorgie Road | Edinburgh EH11 2NL

DD : +44 (0)131 200 7209 | Website : www.heartsfc.co.uk

Heart of Midlothian Football Club | The Heart and Soul of Edinburgh

Sent: 13 August 2018 17:16
To: Micha Swan <[email protected]>
Subject: Heart TV subscription charges

"I was referred to this link by [email protected] regarding the recent announcement about the increase in subscription charges.

Like many other subscribers, I value the service that permits me to watch live streams of Hearts' home games and enjoy the commentary too. I have been a subscriber since the beginning of the service and have been through all the same ups and downs as others in signal problems and reception quality although this has improved over the years. Indeed, the serious audio problems of the first month of this season have definitely been addressed so that Saturday's content was excellent.

"Support" response has also improved and we are now told that there may be an increase in reciprocal agreements with other clubs to show "away" games.

Concurrent with this announcement we are being asked for a 45% increase in subscriptions, yet there has been no indication of what we may be about to see in return. Perhaps you could assist by giving more specific details of what is "in the pipeline" for this season and beyond?"

Hey DD, Opened the thread in the main forum.

Not many come on this one unless there is an issue with service - some good ideas have been floated.

BRAVEHEART1874

look at the quality of pars tv it is like full hd at 1080p? how can we not mange this especially for the price hikes

TyphoonJambo
12 hours ago, magicTs said:

The Dunfermline game tomorrow is being shown live on ParsTV for £7.50.

Purchased, wonder what the commentary will be like. Though obviously biased, can’t be as bad as Rangers tv. That’s seriously hard work.

Maroonblood22

So if there’s a video feed for Dunfermline TV then why would this not be available to Hearts TV? I thought that’s how the screening arrangements between clubs were supposed to work? If there’s a video feed, you get to use it no?

1874 can you clear your email bud.

All the stats of issues has now been compiled and shall be posted shortly just waiting on input from others, so we should be responding with stats and a wish list from the fans - obviously quality of stream is top priority.

Just signed up for parsTV, will be interesting to see how they compare.

They have a stream quality rating bar under the screen which would be handy.

Fraggle Rock
14 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Just signed up for parsTV, will be interesting to see how they compare.

They have a stream quality rating bar under the screen which would be handy.

Yep same here.

2 hours ago, neonjambo said:

1874 can you clear your email bud.

All the stats of issues has now been compiled and shall be posted shortly just waiting on input from others, so we should be responding with stats and a wish list from the fans - obviously quality of stream is top priority.

Neon cleared it m8 

ive signed up for pars tv also 

Fraggle Rock
43 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Pars TV working well although listening to Laurie after their commentator called John Souttar (sowtar)

He has been calling Haring ( Hairing) deary me.

well, my experience with pars tv just made me appreciate Hearts tv all the more, 

bad picture quality,  480p? looked worse on the tv tbh

convinced it was a drunk camera man, literally not following the play on occasion and shaky 

atrocious commentating, 

no replays

no timer or scoreboard

imagine being an expat Dunfermline fan, ouch. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic