Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quick question. 

For the last few days, if you play a Hearts TV video, such as the post game interview today with Jon Daly or the match highlights, do you get several buffering interruptions in the first minute before it settles down?

TyphoonJambo

Laurie, can you not get one of those big hairy things to go over the mic?

I think she's busy on Saturdays

So the game is on BBC Alba at 6pm. Does this mean that Hearts TV could get access to show it live?

Unfortunately not, we did look into that option previously and we were going to be charged a hefty sum to get access to use their video. 

Isn't BBC Alba a publicly financed TV channel?  In that case, why are they attempting to charge at all for a public service?

So I'm guessing there could be a stream available somewhere for this match then ????

Never like random streams but if Scottish football can't get there act together by offering international subscribers a fair deal for the money they pay every month , then a random stream it will be for me

So I'm guessing there could be a stream available somewhere for this match then ????

Never like random streams but if Scottish football can't get there act together by offering international subscribers a fair deal for the money they pay every month , then a random stream it will be for me

No stream- Alba will be televising it straight after the final whistle

Unknown user

Unfortunately not, we did look into that option previously and we were going to be charged a hefty sum to get access to use their video.

So do you know what changed Laurie? We used to get streams from the BBC alba delayed kick offs, have they started demanding too much or something?

https://techcrunch.com/2017/04/24/the-999-slingstudio-makes-it-easy-to-produce-multi-camera-facebook-live-and-youtube-streams/

I'm sure we could raise $1000 on this thread alone for this....

Or if this isn't an option outside of the USA then who can we talk to about getting a real cost for a proper mobile broadcasting unit? Is it too much as it's 5000 or 200,000 pounds? There's a few wealthy hearts fans abroad,(unfortunately not myself included) that would probably be keen to help out. With that sling studio we could even attach a mobile phone which we could as a sky sports news style in the commentary box camera or could even set Jimmy loose with it at half time to do some half time entertainment...

We could even charge home fans of teams(outside of the UK) a fiver to watch the game. We'd make our money back in a game!

https://techcrunch.com/2017/04/24/the-999-slingstudio-makes-it-easy-to-produce-multi-camera-facebook-live-and-youtube-streams/

I'm sure we could raise $1000 on this thread alone for this....

Or if this isn't an option outside of the USA then who can we talk to about getting a real cost for a proper mobile broadcasting unit? Is it too much as it's 5000 or 200,000 pounds? There's a few wealthy hearts fans abroad,(unfortunately not myself included) that would probably be keen to help out. With that sling studio we could even attach a mobile phone which we could as a sky sports news style in the commentary box camera or could even set Jimmy loose with it at half time to do some half time entertainment...

We could even charge home fans of teams(outside of the UK) a fiver to watch the game. We'd make our money back in a game!

I'm in :)

So do you know what changed Laurie? We used to get streams from the BBC alba delayed kick offs, have they started demanding too much or something?

Not sure if it was different before my time but certainly since I've been involved we've never had access to Alba streams for away matches, was this something that was available previously? Genuine question, obviously before I was commentating my only experience of Hearts TV as a subscriber was audio coverage. 

We certainly got feeds from BBC Alba for several games at Tynecastle as they were notable by the problems encountered by the streaming service.  There may have been one or two away games but they might have been simultaneous live broadcasts.  Either way, Sports Media should have records.

Unknown user

We certainly got feeds from BBC Alba for several games at Tynecastle as they were notable by the problems encountered by the streaming service. There may have been one or two away games but they might have been simultaneous live broadcasts. Either way, Sports Media should have records.

We did used to get them, in particular if we were playing a 3pm kick off somewhere north where they'd broadcast the full game after it finished on TV, we'd get them live on Hearts world.

Unknown user

Hasn't he already explained that the BBC are charging too much?

Indeed, but I was wondering what's changed. I asked because I thought maybe it didn't cost before, perhaps it was part of the TV highlights deal or something, or maybe the prices have rocketed since they. Or maybe it's just that Vlad was mental and throwing money about!

That's another very good question Colin.

Seems to me that we need a complete review of what we are getting for our subscriptions and what we will be getting once the new stand is up and running.  The current piecemeal approach is not at all satisfactory.

Have to agree here .... don't think we are getting good value for money at the moment ... seriously rangers tv was ?2 cheaper and better than what hearts tv is giving us currently

Morning all,

Quick couple of updates for you.

We should have video coverage of this Saturday's game for international subscribers. We will be able to access the Alba feed for the game and beam this live.

I've also been informed that we're hopeful of now using the Alba feed for away games.The reason that this has changed is because Alba previously just recorded the games to tape and then sent them to the studio afterwards to be screened "as live" following the event. When they didn't do it that way they were using fibre and it was going to be extremely expensive for us to tap into that. But apparently now they do a delayed transmission, so they are sending the pictures back to the studio via satellite which allows access to the feed. 

I've also had confirmation that we've never previously had any live video of Alba games for away games in the past, so if we can implement this for some going forward it will be a first.  

Morning all,

We should have video coverage of this Saturday's game for international subscribers. We will be able to access the Alba feed for the game and beam this live.

I've also been informed that we're hopeful of now using the Alba feed for away games.The reason that this has changed is because Alba previously just recorded the games to tape and then sent them to the studio afterwards to be screened "as live" following the event. When they didn't do it that way they were using fibre and it was going to be extremely expensive for us to tap into that. But apparently now they do a delayed transmission, so they are sending the pictures back to the studio via satellite which allows access to the feed.

I've also had confirmation that we've never previously had any live video of Alba games for away games in the past, so if we can implement this for some going forward it will be a first.

Yes we have, perhaps not under this regime but it did happen. I know I'm not the only one who remembers it either, it was a rare treat to get an away Saturday 3pm kick off live. No biggie though, I'll be looking forward to it happening again.

Morning all,

So all away games will be available?

So all away games will be available?

Unless I've misunderstood, only if the away game is on the BBC Alba delayed broadcast

Unless I've misunderstood, only if the away game is on the BBC Alba delayed broadcast

Correct, it will only be if Alba are doing their delayed transmission "as live". Even that is not yet 100% confirmed but we're hopeful. 

Yes we have, perhaps not under this regime but it did happen. I know I'm not the only one who remembers it either, it was a rare treat to get an away Saturday 3pm kick off live. No biggie though, I'll be looking forward to it happening again.

I don't know about Hearts TV broadcasting Alba games before but back in the day when Streampro was around they used to have the Alba games live.

I don't know about Hearts TV broadcasting Alba games before but back in the day when Streampro was around they used to have the Alba games live.

I seem to remember watching a game where they repeated the first half instead of showing the second half live.   :bomb2: 

Them were the days. Talk about trying everything no matter what common sense dictated. Still, you got to see your pals for a few beers.

julienbrellier

I know its been asked already (not for a couple of days) but is there any update as to 100% whether or not tomorrow?s game will be shown to int subscribers?

Hi all, we will definitely be screening video live for international subscribers. 

I've asked about the website and when it will show it in the upcoming live fixtures, but I have been told that it will be going ahead. 

Laurie 

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic