Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Busby nets the rebound

Absolute bollocks of a service.. Amateur at best...  Expecting a full refund...   

Hi

I messages studio to say sound kept going off, terrible echo/lag and back up server not loading at all - their response was to try using the back up server- DUH did you read my message?

almost as bad as the game a few weeks ago when they left the mics on at half time and sat there swearing their heads off all through the break.

Amateur low-quality service at best.

K

Hi

My yearly subscription is up for renewal in a couple of weeks - just cancelled - if you wonder why just read my posts above, UTTER JOKE

So frustrating this morning, took time of work to watch , a terrible game and stream , could be my own fault for saying I thought the service was improving.  

Was watching what seemed to be an excellent stream only to be interrupted by what I thought were ads for the media service provided, not good enough for the money being charged get your act together Hearts

Apologies for the technical issues last night folks, I was made aware of them during commentary by quite a few subscribers and both Sports Media GB and my colleagues in the media team were working to resolve them.

I realise that is no consolation for those who had an intermittent, at best, service throughout the match and work is going on to ensure the same issues do not repeat themselves this weekend against St Johnstone. 

I'll feedback any additional info I get, I completely understand the frustration though and again, apologies. 

Laurie, thanks for the feedback but im afraid i, and I'm sure many other subscriber's, are getting tired of the same old platitudes. Everytime i have had an issue which you could deal with it has been dealt with swiftly and i appreciate your efforts to do so. However, surely now there is a case for a complete review of the service we are paying good money for. On too many occasions there has been technical issues. It always seems as if the kit is switched on just as broadcasting begins with no prep being carried out beforehand. I realise you are the spokesman /fall guy here and not a technical and i am not criticising you but the current service is simply not fit for purpose. 

the service was better when it was a single camera low down in the old main stand with part of the pitch obscured by a pillar, would rather have that and actually see the match than put up with nothing, 

tell them to ditch Verizon, they suck so bad, it will cost hearts tv money when people start unsubscribing and looking for alternative streams online, 

lack of content and consistent problems is not good enough, especially after a price hike  

Laurie,

Your input is always welcome but the fact the you, as a volunteer, are able to give us better advice than the official "support" contact is illuminating.  I agree wholeheartedly with the two previous posts both made by long term users of Hearts TV.  I would also add that if it wasn't for the quality of your commentary, as well as the input of Andrew and Jimmy, then many more of us would have cancelled this service already. 

At the risk of repeating myself, this is not a difficult problem to solve.  In fact, just go here to see how it can and should be done.   https://www.raithrovers.net/raithtv

Now, this is a League 1 side with considerably less financial resources than Hearts but they are able to get it right.  In addition, it costs £20.00 a season for audio only and £50.00 a season for audio and video.  Perhaps, in an effort to fix the problems with Hearts TV,  getting Phil Turnbull to make a call to John McGlynn would be a good start.

20 hours ago, 1874 said:

The weird thing is .. it’s working on my Kodi .. but not through the official web site .... very strange 

That's interesting.  Were you streaming direct to a smart TV?

Dinger/DesertDawg - I completely understand where you are coming from and obviously my remit is not the technical side.

That said, I am part of the service and therefore am still involved on some level - even with the areas that I'm not directly responsible for. 

I should mention that I am not just a volunteer either, although that is how I got involved in the first instance. The club do pay me for the commentary service, just to be clear. I'm not an employee, but a freelancer. 

I can't promise anything at this stage though, other than the fact that the issues experienced are being investigated and the feedback from you guys does get passed on to the relevant parties. 

5 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Dinger/DesertDawg - I completely understand where you are coming from and obviously my remit is not the technical side.

That said, I am part of the service and therefore am still involved on some level - even with the areas that I'm not directly responsible for. 

I should mention that I am not just a volunteer either, although that is how I got involved in the first instance. The club do pay me for the commentary service, just to be clear. I'm not an employee, but a freelancer. 

I can't promise anything at this stage though, other than the fact that the issues experienced are being investigated and the feedback from you guys does get passed on to the relevant parties. 

Thanks again Laurie. Good to know were not shouting in the dark. 

Craig Gordons Gloves

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but we don't get a choice between choosing audio only or video, it's video or that's your lot.  I'd be happy with audio only commentary as a choice because at times i can't stream the pictures and due to the time difference i'm sometimes at work for midweek games and while i can watch, it's at the expense of my work, whereas with audio i can still listen and get a ton of stuff done. 

2 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

That's interesting.  Were you streaming direct to a smart TV?

No , from my android box ... I found it strange also , checked it out with a few minutes left in the match .... my stream from hearts tv was still giving me the Verizon screen, yet at the same time , my android box with Kodi was giving me the match ......

46 minutes ago, 1874 said:

No , from my android box ... I found it strange also , checked it out with a few minutes left in the match .... my stream from hearts tv was still giving me the Verizon screen, yet at the same time , my android box with Kodi was giving me the match ......

Funnily enough, that matches my attempts to try different browsers and devices.

Using Chrome or Edge on a regular Windows 10 PC it's usually successful.  Firefox Ultra doesn't connect at all.  Amazon Fire Stick connected to a 55" display works using either the Amazon Silk browser or Firefox for Amazon Fire but the frames are all wrong so it's alsmost impossible to navigate the site..  I've queried this with "support" and did get an acknowledgement but nothing else.

Suffice to say that all of these methods work well on Raith TV that I mentioned earlier.  I'd bet that your Kodi on Android works too.

8 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Laurie, thanks for the feedback but im afraid i, and I'm sure many other subscriber's, are getting tired of the same old platitudes. Everytime i have had an issue which you could deal with it has been dealt with swiftly and i appreciate your efforts to do so. However, surely now there is a case for a complete review of the service we are paying good money for. On too many occasions there has been technical issues. It always seems as if the kit is switched on just as broadcasting begins with no prep being carried out beforehand. I realise you are the spokesman /fall guy here and not a technical and i am not criticising you but the current service is simply not fit for purpose. 

I've always had this impression too.  As soon as I got the Verizon screen prior to yesterday's kick off I knew that we were in for problems.  On a similar vein, does nobody test the streams with the various  devices now available?

On 25/01/2019 at 00:40, DesertDawg said:

Funnily enough, that matches my attempts to try different browsers and devices.

Using Chrome or Edge on a regular Windows 10 PC it's usually successful.  Firefox Ultra doesn't connect at all.  Amazon Fire Stick connected to a 55" display works using either the Amazon Silk browser or Firefox for Amazon Fire but the frames are all wrong so it's alsmost impossible to navigate the site..  I've queried this with "support" and did get an acknowledgement but nothing else.

Suffice to say that all of these methods work well on Raith TV that I mentioned earlier.  I'd bet that your Kodi on Android works too.

I've always had this impression too.  As soon as I got the Verizon screen prior to yesterday's kick off I knew that we were in for problems.  On a similar vein, does nobody test the streams with the various  devices now available?

Both my firestick and smart tv struggle with the page layout, I can’t click, or even see the link to log in.  My work around is iPad connected to tv with hdmi adapter, it’s ok, but not ideal. 

8 minutes ago, JamboTron2 said:

Both my firestick and smart tv struggle with the page layout, I can’t click, or even see the link to log in.  My work around is iPad connected to tv with hdmi adapter, it’s ok, but not ideal. 

Was just about to ask a work around as would prefer to watch through Amazon TV rather than my PC. Go through Firefox and cannot see a point to log in? Farce

We're in trouble again.  Verizon warning on primary player but the backup is working.......so far.

8 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Where’s the back up player option desert ?

Bottom right of screen as long as you're not in full screen mode.  Good stream on the backup so far on Auto or 2500 HD resolution.

Audio is excellent.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

that Verizon cow is back on the backup player, , primary player all fuzzy 

this is a ****ing joke, how has this not been resolved after Wednesday nights farce? 

Edit: backup player back now... oh no freezes just as we have a chance 

Edited by Steve_Jersey_HMFC

1 minute ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

that Verizon cow is back on the backup player, , primary player all fuzzy 

this is a ****ing joke, how has this not been resolved after Wednesday nights farce? 

I had same problems wednesday but fine today. Maybe try refresh or log in and out

I moved to the primary player after 15 minutes and both have worked fine here in Arizona including Chromecasting to my TV.

Judging by the comments on here there does seem to be a signal strength issue which might be regional.

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic