Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

On 21/10/2018 at 09:39, Captain Sausage said:

Anyone know if the Dundee game will be on Heartstv?

F209F522-0C90-438D-86D1-03269404DE45.jpeg

Communication is definitely improving.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Folks,

Currently sat in my hotel room in Paris trying to get this dam thing to work.  

I'm registered in the UK (but not subscribed).  All I want to do is subscribe for the international month pass so I can watch the game.  I've even tried signing up under a different email (and put my address down as Paris!).   But I still dont see the option for international monthly.  

I've even tried to send a "gift" of 1 months international hearts TV to myself and the email doesnt seem to have come through! 

Anyone had a similar issue? 

3 minutes ago, Gavjyoung said:

Hi Folks,

Currently sat in my hotel room in Paris trying to get this dam thing to work.  

I'm registered in the UK (but not subscribed).  All I want to do is subscribe for the international month pass so I can watch the game.  I've even tried signing up under a different email (and put my address down as Paris!).   But I still dont see the option for international monthly.  

I've even tried to send a "gift" of 1 months international hearts TV to myself and the email doesnt seem to have come through! 

Anyone had a similar issue? 

Check your spam folder on your emails bud.

also give it 5-10 Mins from when you tried it.

if not try the “contact us” option on hearts tv and they should reply fairly sharpish

Deepfriedpizza
On 06/10/2018 at 14:27, invernessjt said:

I use Helix Hosting. £9 a month and it has Hearts, Rangers, Celtic, Hibs tv plus thousands of other tv channels. I'm sure you can get a 48 hour trial for about £2. It's an Android app as well as a website.

This is what I've had for a few months. Never had a problem before but it's not working tonight.

Having to make do with the United game :D.

You having the same problem? I emailed them and they said it wasn't being shown.

1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

I take it nothing is broadcast at halftime 

We have started showing replays at home games now, but as this is DeeTv it's out of our control I take it.

I missed the first half but saw the goals replayed at half time without audio.  That was good enough!

Picture quality is excellent running at 2500 resolution.

3 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

We have started showing replays at home games now, but as this is DeeTv it's out of our control I take it.

Thanks sitting with a shot of Hamilton after the second goal.

1 minute ago, DesertDawg said:

I missed the first half but saw the goals replayed at half time without audio.  That was good enough!

Picture quality is excellent running at 2500 resolution.

Commentator still waiting for his pie for the start of the second half?

This service is bloody pathetic. Surely Anne can’t keep this level of service going on. At what stage do we get offered a refund?

This commentator is murder... talked about Rory Deacon for about 5 minutes 

thinks Naismith is on a hat-trick and doesn’t know who the Dundee or hearts players are 

thinks Naismith is on a hat-trick and doesn’t know who the Dundee or hearts players are 

Got a few glitches after the third goal but afterwards was good.  Can't blame Hearts TV for this time as we were getting the Dee TV feed.

Every time we get another club's commentator it makes you realize how much Andrew, Jimmy and Laurie add to the Hearts TV experience.  

31 minutes ago, richiehmfc said:

Really painful to listen to.  He had trouble composing a sentence that made grammatical sense, in fact, occasionally, any sense.

Unwatchable for me as my internet wasnt fast enough. I only get 3.5 mb. I only had the option of hd 2500 or 1800. How can you get lower quality stream?

38 minutes ago, richiehmfc said:

agreed, ive said it before and ill say it again, every time i have to listen to other teams commentators or watch other teams tv,  it makes me appreciate hearts tv all the more 

1 minute ago, Dinger said:

agreed, ive said it before and ill say it again, every time i have to listen to other teams commentators or watch other teams tv,  it makes me appreciate hearts tv all the more 

Although i did have to laugh when he started talking about the driving jobs from the match sponsors. £12-£15 a hour..... no bad ? 

And it seemed that he was still eating his pie when the third goal went in as the commentary hadn't resumed.  "Technical difficlties," he said.  Oh, aye.  :zip: 

33 minutes ago, connlach said:

Unwatchable for me as my internet wasnt fast enough. I only get 3.5 mb. I only had the option of hd 2500 or 1800. How can you get lower quality stream?

You can only get the resolution offered by the feed.  I guess DeeTV only runs 1800 or 2500 which would be fine for most users especially if cast to a big TV display.

I

24 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

You can only get the resolution offered by the feed.  I guess DeeTV only runs 1800 or 2500 which would be fine for most users especially if cast to a big TV display.

I

Thanks for the info. I dont have the issue with home games at least. Cant be helped. 

2 hours ago, Deepfriedpizza said:

This is what I've had for a few months. Never had a problem before but it's not working tonight.

Having to make do with the United game :D.

You having the same problem? I emailed them and they said it wasn't being shown.

Couldn't get a stream on Helix but I pay for Hearts tv international so managed to watch it on that.

8 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

I

It is dependent on the browser you are using I could lower mine on Firefox all the way down to 200, Settled at a happy medium of 750p, there was also an audio option, which I think was on both, FF and Chrome.

3 hours ago, neonjambo said:

It is dependent on the browser you are using I could lower mine on Firefox all the way down to 200, Settled at a happy medium of 750p, there was also an audio option, which I think was on both, FF and Chrome.

10 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

You're welcome. Are you using a wireless device like a cell phone?

Thanks this is really helpful to know.  I was using a pc but was using Chrome so only had option of Auto, 1800, 2500 and Audio.  I can try firefox next time to see if I have better options.  

2 hours ago, connlach said:

Thanks this is really helpful to know.  I was using a pc but was using Chrome so only had option of Auto, 1800, 2500 and Audio.  I can try firefox next time to see if I have better options.  

The HeartsTV stream offers the same option I believe on both browsers - I just noticed it last night on Firefox as I was stuttering with it on Chrome - switched over to FF for the second half and DeeTV had the option all the way down to 200p

This issue is a bit strange since the stream supplier fixes the resolution options.  Since I Chromecast to my TV, I used Google Chrome for yesterday's game and only had the auto, 1800 and 2500 options too but got an excellent picture on the auto setting.  Needs a bit more research but I'd guess that the centrepoint is the use of a different embedded video compiler in the stream from the one used by Hearts TV.

This link goes some way to explaining the problem although it is geared to Netflix and is three years old.........."prehistoric," in the video streaming world.....but it does give some useful insights.

https://www.highspeedinternet.com/resources/how-your-browser-choice-affects-streaming-video/

Since the previous article was written the advance of IPTV has created a demand for the introduction of browser extensions for specific streaming services.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/watch-netflix-1080p-resolution-chrome-firefox

5 hours ago, connlach said:

Using a PC, is there a reason why your download speed is so slow or was this just an anomaly yesterday?

This link will help you with browser choice.   https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-web-browser

29 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

This issue is a bit strange since the stream supplier fixes the resolution options.  Since I Chromecast to my TV, I used Google Chrome for yesterday's game and only had the auto, 1800 and 2500 options too but got an excellent picture on the auto setting.  Needs a bit more research but I'd guess that the centrepoint is the use of a different embedded video compiler in the stream from the one used by Hearts TV.

I never got back to you about my connection DD, No wire mesh, however lots of ceramic tiles - So ran the cable outside the building and works well.

I still have issues with Chrome and FF at times, HeartsTV connects with googleapis, which means I need to log into HeartsTV with the vpn on, get to the match page then drop my VPN to get full speed.

Most of the terminology goes over my head, but I have been trying to educate myself on it.

Your tips have been excellent and are much appreciated, by myself and I'm sure many others.

This was the reply I got from Hearts in 2015 about this.

First off thank for your email.  Unfortunately as your aware we have no control over what content is received in China and therefore pretty limited on what we can do.

"We at SportsMediaGB who run HeartsTV on behalf of the club provide similar services for other Scottish clubs that all experience similar issues.

At this time we require the Google API that is pulled for analytics to monitor traffic like many other websites.  We would like to be able to help further, but at this time there are no open lines of communication between private sector companies and the Chinese Authorities."
Edited by Neon

Doesn't sound to me that you're in "over your head."  :rolleyes4:

A good cable connection still always beats wi-fi especially where really high quality signals are required.  If you're cable is exposed to the weather, especially rain and direct sunlight, the plastic covering will deteriorate so you might be better going to to CAT 6 outdoor like this.  https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Waterproof-Ethernet-Direct-Shielded/dp/B002HFEBYM

3 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Doesn't sound to me that you're in "over your head."  :rolleyes4:

A good cable connection still always beats wi-fi especially where really high quality signals are required.  If you're cable is exposed to the weather, especially rain and direct sunlight, the plastic covering will deteriorate so you might be better going to to CAT 6 outdoor like this.  https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Waterproof-Ethernet-Direct-Shielded/dp/B002HFEBYM

Yup, I was using a 5E before, Just noticed there is a cat 7 on there, no idea the difference - although I thought the signal may degrade, Only using a 50ft cable. Sunlight will  be an issue, along with the occasional Typhoon, which is always fun.

CAT 7 cable is designed for 10Gb/s connections so, for the moment, only makes sense in directly connecting local network attached storage (NAS) devices.

This link is useful for making a cable choice.  https://www.pcgamer.com/what-are-the-differences-between-cat5-cat6-and-cat7-ethernet-cables/  Although it is almost a year old, it's content is still valid.      

Firefox for Amazon Fire Stick is now available.

I tried it on Hearts TV video clips last night.  Despite the usual TV vs PC display WEB browser screen differences the clips played really well in full screen at the highest available (2500 nominal / 1080 true) resolution on my 50" Samsung LED TV. 

I have also just ordered a android tv box for myself , so I should not be short of options for the match now ..Iphone / Apple TV / Chromecast/ pc / and now te box on its way 

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic