Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

Richard Dawkins

Yes, on the Live Match page of the website it says that international subscribers will get the game.

If it's a home game, it's shown live on the website.

If it's away and being televised live elsewhere, it's also shown live :thumbsup:

Thanks for the information.

Cheers from Dawkins Towers.

Edited by Richard Dawkins

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

downunderjambo

Use Chrome and install the Hola extension. Type any BBC URL in your browser and iPlayer is all yours.

i tried and failed...got my daughter to try she got it working thank you for help

• 2 weeks later...
CanadianJamTart

Hey guys,

Trying to watch the match right now and about every 5 secs it's freezing, constantly says "Loading" on the screen and when it does kick in, the quality is really poor. Any ideas what I can do? I've restarted my router, using a new iMac so no hardware issues, and just tested my fibre optic broadband speed and it's incredibly fast. Not sure what else I can do?! Missed our goal because of it

Hey guys,

Trying to watch the match right now and about every 5 secs it's freezing, constantly says "Loading" on the screen and when it does kick in, the quality is really poor. Any ideas what I can do? I've restarted my router, using a new iMac so no hardware issues, and just tested my fibre optic broadband speed and it's incredibly fast. Not sure what else I can do?! Missed our goal because of it

The bottom line is that the stream is in good nick when it leaves their servers otherwise we'd all be complaining.

When the stream is buffering and fuzzy, there's not enough stream getting through, and that's due to something at your end, whether you're a distance from your wifi router or your connection has issues

If I was you I'd test my connection using www.speedtest.net for speed and www.pingtest.net for quality - try and work out whether it's your connection or not and take it from there.

No

You got commentary Geoff? Nought here in Bath :(

Edit: No need to reply just saw your post above.

Edited by Marvin

Sorry about the problems today folks, I posted on Twitter but I realise not everyone had access.

We had a complete nightmare this afternoon, for an hour before kick off we were tying to get online - with three different lines at Rugby Park just not working at all. Eventually the guys had to get in touch with Sky, see if we could use their line and then get to work with an extension cable.

It was all a bit ridiculous and for whatever reason the line still didn't work properly, even though it appeared at our end like it was working.

I know we eventually got on at some point during the second period but it was far from ideal, to say the least!

It wasn't clear what the problem was during the game, but all of the messing testing line after line and then only getting one that wasn't totally dead meant we had no time to test and it all ended up being a bit chaotic.

Apologies again. It's one of these frustrating things at some grounds where you're left with no guidance as to what works and what doesn't and it's just trial and error to try to get on air.

Unknown user

Sorry about the problems today folks, I posted on Twitter but I realise not everyone had access.

We had a complete nightmare this afternoon, for an hour before kick off we were tying to get online - with three different lines at Rugby Park just not working at all. Eventually the guys had to get in touch with Sky, see if we could use their line and then get to work with an extension cable.

It was all a bit ridiculous and for whatever reason the line still didn't work properly, even though it appeared at our end like it was working.

I know we eventually got on at some point during the second period but it was far from ideal, to say the least!

It wasn't clear what the problem was during the game, but all of the messing testing line after line and then only getting one that wasn't totally dead meant we had no time to test and it all ended up being a bit chaotic.

Apologies again. It's one of these frustrating things at some grounds where you're left with no guidance as to what works and what doesn't and it's just trial and error to try to get on air.

There are always a few angry dudes but at the end of the day we all know no one chooses to have things **** up. Cheers for letting us know though

• 2 weeks later...
alicante jambo

Can anyone help here.I get hearts tv through photon browser but its a small and quite darkish picture.Tbh its pretty crap.Is there any other brow i can watch it on and get a full screen?Btw when i watch highlights its brilliant.

Can anyone help here.I get hearts tv through photon browser but its a small and quite darkish picture.Tbh its pretty crap.Is there any other brow i can watch it on and get a full screen?Btw when i watch highlights its brilliant.

Not on android, unfortunately

I ended up paying for photon so I could put it on full screen but that's not ideal.

A year and a half ago, the guys that got the Hearts TV contact said it was a temporary workaround, but they don't seem to have made much of an effort since then tbh

Smithee by paying for photon do you mean upgrading mate and is it much better than before you upgraded?

Yeah exactly. Much better? No, the only difference as far as I can tell is you can go full screen for the game, I never ever use it otherwise.

I made a value call - 8 quid is a lot in the world of apps, but it's worth 8 quid to me to get the game when I'm out and about

alicante jambo

Yeah exactly. Much better? No, the only difference as far as I can tell is you can go full screen for the game, I never ever use it otherwise.

I made a value call - 8 quid is a lot in the world of apps, but it's worth 8 quid to me to get the game when I'm out and about

Thanks very much buddy really appreciate youre info.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone happen to know if the derby will be on HTV? I know rules are different for the Cup.

As its on sky sports in uk i would say so.

Probably with the sky stream as well.

Well....what do we say about today's Hearts TV's performance....

1 out of 10 for me today.  Lucky some other kickbackers were able to supply some alternate streams.

Definitely seeing a bit of declining service in last month(s).

Hearts TV has been a godsend for me as I've been abroad since August but today it was awful. Poor stream, kept cutting out and commentator was garbage (Northern Englishman). Hopefully a one off...

Hearts TV has been a godsend for me as I've been abroad since August but today it was awful. Poor stream, kept cutting out and commentator was garbage (Northern Englishman). Hopefully a one off...

Undoubtedly better this season than previous seasons but still multiple problems. Today wasn't a one off.

Hearts TV was absolutely rotten today. No picture for the first 10 minutes and all the way through it seemed to be one flicker away from total collapse. The Dad's Army/BBC Yorkshire commentator was awful and why was the stadium sound muffled? We scored...and total silence! It was shocking. If it was free, fine - it's not - we pay for this. The stream was also a few minutes behind - twice, i saw a goal on Twitter before it came on screen.

And I nearly went blind when Stubb's luminous British Rail jacket came on screen without a warning.

And why on  international, can we not choose between audio and video? If i am not home, i don't want to stream a game, but i might want to listen!

Ill be writing an open letter for clarification over this....

alwaysthereinspirit

It was poor yesterday. Looked like first generation internet streaming. I was waiting for the old dial up sound.

The lies don't help on the pop up message board either. Weather, out with our control, commentator will be changed at half time, we're working on it.

Same crap every game.

They debuted a new service provider last year and it was a big improvement. Might be time to revisit that.

The commentator was comically awful.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Hearts TV was absolutely rotten today. No picture for the first 10 minutes and all the way through it seemed to be one flicker away from total collapse. The Dad's Army/BBC Yorkshire commentator was awful and why was the stadium sound muffled? We scored...and total silence! It was shocking. If it was free, fine - it's not - we pay for this. The stream was also a few minutes behind - twice, i saw a goal on Twitter before it came on screen.

And I nearly went blind when Stubb's luminous British Rail jacket came on screen without a warning.

And why on  international, can we not choose between audio and video? If i am not home, i don't want to stream a game, but i might want to listen!

Ill be writing an open letter for clarification over this....

Let me know what response you get to this, it irritates the hell out of me that i can't have it on audio only when i'm out and about,

As for yesterday, dear god, that was awful.  Laurie sent me a message at HT saying that it would be fixed for the 2nd half, but it wasn't obviously.  That commentator and the overall audio and video were drastic. 

Is the replay on?

I would guess not as they normally only get home games or away games that are televised by sky or BT. Though, with the UEFA ruling that it can?t be covered by Sky or BBC, this could be a great opportunity for Hearts TV to redeem themselves for the complete farce that they presented on Sunday. I like Laurie and the customer service that he tries to deliver but the technical guys need to get their acts together. No excuse for that, it was our own ground so we can?t drag out the usual excuses about relying on the other teams facilities.

A Boy Named Crow

I just heard that us and Hibs use the same company for the streaming. Any truth in this? If so, does it mean Hearts TV will have the game?

Afternoon all

Firstly, apologies for the issues that many of you experienced on Sunday. I'm not sure exactly what caused the crossed-wires, I only found out when I read a few of your tweets at half time. Hopefully now that everyone is aware we can avoid it occurring again in the future. 

We do use the same company as Hibs, in addition to Celtic and Aberdeen as well; Sports Media GB - http://www.sportsmediagb.com

In regards to the replay at Easter Road, we are currently in talks about being able to screen the match on Hearts TV. As soon as we have confirmation it will be shared with the fans online. I can post an update in here in case some of you don't see it elsewhere.

I've also asked the question about International subscribers being able to get audio and video, genuinely not sure on that one myself.

Thanks folks

Laurie 

Lawrie please tell me the audio (commentator) for the last match was a mistake , I really missed you and jimmy

It will return to normal yes ?

Laurie, by streamed on Hearts TV is that just for international viewers or for UK?

Sy

Hey Syd

If we can screen it then it will only be for international viewers I'm afraid, we aren't allowed to do it in the UK. We'll definitely have audio coverage though. 

Lawrie please tell me the audio (commentator) for the last match was a mistake , I really missed you and jimmy

It will return to normal yes ?

Yes it will be back to normal, no idea how the other commentary interfered with ours on Sunday but it should be back to normal next time. Which is tomorrow night by the way, live from Dingwall! 

Laurie, I'd also like the option of choosing the quality of video stream. Sometimes I have to use a crap laptop which can't take the same quality of stream that my connection can and all the auto detection in the world won't help!

Craig Gordons Gloves

Laurie, thanks for the responses and please know that I think most of us on here and Hearts TV subscribers know that the issues we've had aren't down to you, but if I have to suffer through another match with that awful commentator from Sunday I'll be sending the bill for a new computer to Hearts after I smash mine up. Looking forward to hearing you from Dingwall and ER!

Will the full replay at midnight be available to all subscribers or just those abroad?

Unfortunately Scottish Cup holdback rules dictate that we can't show a full replay until midday on the Wednesday. So there will only be brief highlights available on the night from midnight. 

I know it's far from ideal, our hands are tied by different rules here though. Very frustrating. 

Unfortunately Scottish Cup holdback rules dictate that we can't show a full replay until midday on the Wednesday. So there will only be brief highlights available on the night from midnight.

I know it's far from ideal, our hands are tied by different rules here though. Very frustrating.

So are you now saying that the email received from Hearts yesterday stating the game will be shown in its entirety at midnight on Wednesday is also nonsense? That even those abroad will not be able to watch the game at midnight?

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic