Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

Good live stream of the new stand construction but audio is less than perfect.  They do seem to be working on that though.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stil getting audio wind blast but support tells me they're going to work on that during half-time.  Seems the wind and gantry position is the problem.

Video stream is good here.

So I contacted support... long long conversation with them , they did tell me that they have blocked streaming from iPhone or iPad to Apple TV , in fact they have blocked any live broadcast going to Apple TV , this sucks for me big time as it's how I watched the match on my tv from Canada , they said it was due to piracy issues the had with Apple TV .... now I'm stuck watching on an iPad mini .... if I can't find an alternative to streaming to my tv then this could be the end of my subscription... really is not a good thing

I'm very upset about this !!!

If anyone has any ideas for me to stream to the tv any other legal ways , please let me know guys

Desert as soon as I try to mirror it or stream it to Apple TV from my iPhone or iPad it cuts of , worked perfectly last season .... not sure if I can purchase a google device to try or not

Watt-Zeefuik

My stream is staying extremely low res -- I see vague maroon shapes moving around chasing a white blur.  Like it's stuck on the lowest resolution and not autoscaling up.

My connection should be plenty fast too.

Ugly .... I really don't know what they are up to ... but there is something going on that we don't know about and it could end up loosing them lots of international subscribers.. this is bad service for all us guys who live and work outside the uk and have paid faithfully for years

As I said before , I'm now stuck watching on a stupid small iPad mini .... which is certainly not worth me paying the money for the subscription every month if I can't watch on my main tv

feel sorry for the people having trouble, its difficult when this is the only way to watch your team, what i will add tho is  its 100% perfect for me, 

so that tells me that the stream leaving hearts tv is good, (if it was a bad stream it would be bad for everyone) and the problems must be occurring on your guys end? multiple devices connected to the internet? isp throttling your net? slow pc? virus? 

ugly american are you using broadband? do you have an ethernet cable you could use and see if that helps? 

Watt-Zeefuik

feel sorry for the people having trouble, its difficult when this is the only way to watch your team, what i will add tho is  its 100% perfect for me, 

so that tells me that the stream leaving hearts tv is good, (if it was a bad stream it would be bad for everyone) and the problems must be occurring on your guys end? multiple devices connected to the internet? isp throttling your net? slow pc? virus? 

ugly american are you using broadband? do you have an ethernet cable you could use and see if that helps? 

We've got FIOS here now so bandwidth shouldn't be a problem. I suspect it may be some extension I have on my browser which is not sitting well with the HTV player.

Plenty of games against wee teams to get it sorted.

I don't have an issue when it works , as I said I was getting an error ... Media file can not be played , when I contacted support they gave me a special link to watch the game and yes quality was fine with this link , my issue is that support now inform me that no longer can I stream from my iPhone or iPad to my Apple TV , this is a major issue for me ... Also never got an answer to why I was getting the error " media file can not be played " I'm not getting at support as they were very helpful getting me a link to watch the match , it just seems every week we overseas customers have problems , I personally have to try about 3 or4 times before I can get the match running last season .......

We've got FIOS here now so bandwidth shouldn't be a problem. I suspect it may be some extension I have on my browser which is not sitting well with the HTV player.

Plenty of games against wee teams to get it sorted.

fair enough, hope you get it sorted :thumbsup: 

1874 you could connect your ipad to you tv with an hdmi cable, (might need an ipad adapter for hdmi, im not sure) that should work, but it would mean you couldn't use your ipad while watching the game

Apart from the audio wind blast today's stream was almost perfect.  A couple of glitches when replays were attempted but otherwise very good.

I assume this was not the BBC/Alba feed today but it was from the new camera postion which is a massive improvement.

I live in rural Arizona so can only get DSL.  The carrier did increase the down speed from 20 MB/s to 40MB/s two weeks ago but the service was unstable.  There was a 10 minute outage yesterday following which stability and speed improved so that may have had an affect on the quality of today's stream.  I stream from the wi-fi side of the carrier's DSL router to a Windows 10 desktop then mirror the stream to a wifi Chromecast device connected directly to a USB port on my regular TV.  Chromecast requires the use of the Google Chrome browser but there are now Miracast devices for other browsers due to the spread of the Roku movie service.      

So, UA seems like you may have had a problem at the receiving end today.  What service do you have and what devices do you have connected?

1874, what device were you using before today?  Does the iPad Mini use the same Safari browser as other Apple devices?

jambo in iraq

So I contacted support... long long conversation with them , they did tell me that they have blocked streaming from iPhone or iPad to Apple TV , in fact they have blocked any live broadcast going to Apple TV , this sucks for me big time as it's how I watched the match on my tv from Canada , they said it was due to piracy issues the had with Apple TV .... now I'm stuck watching on an iPad mini .... if I can't find an alternative to streaming to my tv then this could be the end of my subscription... really is not a good thing

I'm very upset about this !!!

Just come round to my house when i'm back in Ottawa! computer plugged into 60 inch TV in my hearts themed basement! :) Picture last season was very good.

I am holidaying in Vegas but live in Edinburgh, all I got today was audio? Was expecting live tv as out the uk? Iocation services were on? Was using iPhone

Only joined for the Newcastle game but thoroughly enjoying the service so far.

Just come round to my house when i'm back in Ottawa! computer plugged into 60 inch TV in my hearts themed basement! :) Picture last season was very good.

Jambo in Iraq....... I'm definitely going to hold you to that one weekend , would be good to get together some time .. Cheers m8

Apart from the audio wind blast today's stream was almost perfect.  A couple of glitches when replays were attempted but otherwise very good.

I assume this was not the BBC/Alba feed today but it was from the new camera postion which is a massive improvement.

I live in rural Arizona so can only get DSL.  The carrier did increase the down speed from 20 MB/s to 40MB/s two weeks ago but the service was unstable.  There was a 10 minute outage yesterday following which stability and speed improved so that may have had an affect on the quality of today's stream.  I stream from the wi-fi side of the carrier's DSL router to a Windows 10 desktop then mirror the stream to a wifi Chromecast device connected directly to a USB port on my regular TV.  Chromecast requires the use of the Google Chrome browser but there are now Miracast devices for other browsers due to the spread of the Roku movie service.      

So, UA seems like you may have had a problem at the receiving end today.  What service do you have and what devices do you have connected?

1874, what device were you using before today?  Does the iPad Mini use the same Safari browser as other Apple devices?

Desert I'm using the exact same set up as I used before .... iPhone or iPad streamed to my Apple TV. Yes Safari is the browser

How about your iPad Mini. Is that using the Safari browser too?

Yes desert , as far as I know it does , it seems the problem is the Apple TV .. sol have blocked people streaming to it due to to many pirate issues ... still didn't get an answer why I was getting an " can not play file " error from my iPhone or iPad on Saturday when I emailed support, they just sent me a special link to get the match

Let me get this straight.

Prior to yesterday's game you were logging into Hearts TV on your iPad and casting the signal to Apple TV?  How did you do that?  Were you using AirPlay? https://support.apple.com/en-jo/HT204289

For yesterday's game you couldn't get the stream on your iPad of iPhone using the Safari browser.  Is that correct or could you get the stream but it wouldn't cast to your Apple TV box?

After getting the "special link," what did that do?  Could you access the stream directly on your Apple TV box or did you still have to use your iPad or iPhone?

Sorry if this all sounds a bit pedantic but I'm trying to figure out the problem source so that we can fix it and maybe pass the solution on to other users.

Desert let me try to make this a little clearer.....

"Prior to yesterday's game you were logging into Hearts TV on your iPad and casting the signal to Apple TV? How did you do that? Were you using AirPlay? https://support.appl.../en-jo/HT204289"

Yes from my iPhone or iPad I use airplay

"For yesterday's game you couldn't get the stream on your iPad of iPhone using the Safari browser. Is that correct or could you get the stream but it wouldn't cast to your Apple TV box?"

Correct I could not get the stream to work on my iPhone or iPad in Saturday, kept getting error " file can not be played "

"After getting the "special link," what did that do? Could you access the stream directly on your Apple TV box or did you still have to use your iPad or iPhone?"

I could not get the stream on Apple TV , I could only get the stream on my iPhone or iPad , it would not allow me to airplay the stream to my Apple TV .

Now as I said before ... support said they had blocked streams to Apple TV , I'm still unsure if my iPhone or iPad will play the live stream this Saturday as I never GT an answer to my " file can not be played " issue ... I'm hoping they have not blocked iPhone or iPad streams ... now going forward it looks like I'll have to purchase chromecast to stream to my tv ... as long as I can get my iPhone or iPad to play the live game on Saturday, this I will only know on Saturday

Hope this clears it up a bit

Yes, that confirms what I thought was the case. If the stream is getting to your iPad or iPhone I'm far from clear why that won't cast via AirPlay to your AppleTV device and TV.

I'll see what I can find out.

O.K.  Video streaming services can block streaming to Apple TV as the device is capable of both active video streaming and local mirroring.  However, if your local mirror is set up correctly it should not be affected by stream blocking.

Are you doing everything in this linked guide?

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-mirror-the-iphone-or-ipad-to-your-tv-ios/

Desert checked a bit more into it and it seems that it's blocked as soon as it detects hdmi output , which it has as soon as I airplay to my big screen tv ... sounds like all these things could be blocked soon .. chromecast , and all stuff that is used to stream to your large tv from an phone or tablet

I guess that info came from Edinburgh?  I'm a bit unclear about that explanation as wouldn't a stream to a regular HDMI monitor be blocked too?

This requires some research as there are live streaming devices everywhere these days.  Get back to you later but a definitive comment from Hearts TV would be helpful here. 

One thing I forgot to ask.  When you connect your iPad to your Apple TV box are you using an HDMI cable or going wireless?  If you are using AirPlay then I guess it's wireless.  If so, which method of communication are you using?  This link may help.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/how-connect-ipad-or-iphone-tv-3528571/

I assume that the connection from the Apple TV device to the TV is direct via HDMI cable?

Desert hi

"I guess that info came from Edinburgh? I'm a bit unclear about that explanation as wouldn't a stream to a regular HDMI monitor be blocked too?"

No because the computer screen is not a external device as per say , it's part of the computer. I can wire a vga from my computer to the tv as the tv will then become the computer monitor and I will not be streaming to an other source

Seemingly what I've read is sky is doing this also ( blocking live streams to an Apple TV from iPad and iPhone ) this is to stop people going to other people's home who don't have sky and then streaming live football matches . I'm still a little confused by it all myself ..

And yes it's wireless connection I was using , using an hdmi cable will make no difference as the stream will still be blocked as soon as you try to stream it to the tv , my only option now is to drag my pc near to my tv and run a vga cable to the tv .. as far as I know

Edited by 1874

What happens if you try streaming one of the Hearts TV video clips, say Saturday's goals, to your TV?

O.K.  Good.  So, we either have to get this live stream blocking stopped for subscribers or figure out a way around it. 

I'll be in Las Vegas the next three days but will be back to try to help sort this out before Saturday's game.

Hope everyone is getting tonight's audio ok?

Apologies for the quality, we're using the wireless kit as no ISDN line again.

Hope everyone is getting tonight's audio ok?

Apologies for the quality, we're using the wireless kit as no ISDN line again.

Given circumstances it's perfect

Better than nothing

Looking for some feedback on Saturday game ... So due to the ban on Apple TV , I'm looking for alternative options and feedback from the good overseas people here , anyone that streams to a tv from an external device .... I'm going to try and stream to my Apple TV on Saturday from my iPhone , don't have much confidence that it will work so I'm also going to drag my pic close to the tv and run a vga cable to the tv , ( not ideal set up but don't have any other option )

I'm looking to see if other devices that you guys are using to stream to your tv are working ok , I may have to purchase new equipment to enjoy the big screen for the match in future ....

Please let me know your thoughts and ideas

Thanks

Looking for some feedback on Saturday game ... So due to the ban on Apple TV , I'm looking for alternative options and feedback from the good overseas people here , anyone that streams to a tv from an external device .... I'm going to try and stream to my Apple TV on Saturday from my iPhone , don't have much confidence that it will work so I'm also going to drag my pic close to the tv and run a vga cable to the tv , ( not ideal set up but don't have any other option )

I'm looking to see if other devices that you guys are using to stream to your tv are working ok , I may have to purchase new equipment to enjoy the big screen for the match in future ....

Please let me know your thoughts and ideas

Thanks

I don't have an Apple TV but whenever I've used an HDMI cable to run Hearts TV from my laptop to my TV it's been absolutely fine

Hope this helps and you manage to watch

Just got back last night.

What, exactly, were you told about blocking Apple TV casting last Saturday?

Just got back last night.

What, exactly, were you told about blocking Apple TV casting last Saturday?

I was told that the spl or spfl had blocked people streaming onto Apple TV . Basically that's what support told me when I emailed them Edited by 1874

Apologies if this has been covered already, I'm currently on holiday and therefore missing the Dunfermline game. can I view the game on Hearts TV as an international subscriber now?

Apologies if this has been covered already, I'm currently on holiday and therefore missing the Dunfermline game. can I view the game on Hearts TV as an international subscriber now?

Yes you can.

Yes you can.

Thanks for the reply. Trying to subscribe via iPhone but having problems as it won't let me accept the terms and conditions

I'll let you know how my Chromecast goes in another half hour or so.

Thanks desert , I'm going to try my Apple TV first to see if it works , have the pc connected to the tv as back up but only have vga cable connection.... I was playing around with the mirror effect on my iPhone last night also , so I will also try the mirroring , mirroring does leave you with the big hearts banner covering the top of the tv screen but is watchable , now this was all tested on recorded matches , live match may be a completely different story , I'll let you know

Thanks m8

Trying to connect to live match and my iPhone just keeps refreshing the page .. Anyone got it working yet ?

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic