BM1874

Hearts TV thread.. Q's and A's here.

Laurie

Hey guys,

We're going to provide an extended show on Saturday, so the programme will begin at 2pm with build up to the big game. 

Still finalising plans but will be on air from the start and look to provide some content at half time too. 

Details to follow.

Laurie 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Laurie said:

Hey guys,

We're going to provide an extended show on Saturday, so the programme will begin at 2pm with build up to the big game. 

Still finalising plans but will be on air from the start and look to provide some content at half time too. 

Details to follow.

Laurie 

Brilliant Laurie ... I was going to tune into the pre match crap from bbc ... but happily I now have the best commentery team for the whole build up 

cheers Laurie .. great news 

Edited by 1874

TypoonJambo

Brilliant, cheers Laurie. 

Laurie
Posted (edited)

Edited by Laurie

On 23/05/2019 at 06:49, Laurie said:

Hey guys,

Details to follow.

Laurie 

Any updates on this yet Laurie? 

HEARTOFVIC

So just to confirm the final live in it's entirely aaWILL be  shown on Hearts TV ?

1 hour ago, HEARTOFVIC said:

So just to confirm the final live in it's entirely aaWILL be  shown on Hearts TV ?

It’s on the main website m8 ... 

Laurie

Looks like we won't get on until 14.30, so a little earlier than usual but not was early as I first anticipated. My apologies for previous misinformation (me getting ahead of myself before we'd got the go ahead and logistics sorted). 

In answer to the above query, we will have the whole final live today though - usual video for international and audio for UK subscribers. 

DesertDawg

Laurie,

Thanks for a good season primarily due to yourself, Andrew and Jimmy.  Your commentary has made up many times for the less than ideal streaming service to the point that. without you, many of us would have cancelled months ago

So disappointed today as I'm sure you were too.  Never mind.  Keep up the good work.

neonjambo
1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

Laurie,

Thanks for a good season primarily due to yourself, Andrew and Jimmy.  Your commentary has made up many times for the less than ideal streaming service to the point that. without you, many of us would have cancelled months ago

So disappointed today as I'm sure you were too.  Never mind.  Keep up the good work.

👍

1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

Laurie,

👍

neonjambo

A final thank you to Laurie and company,

Not the result we wanted but a perfect stream for once and the elation at our goal was supberb

Ty so much for the entertainment throughout the good bad and the ugly.

Laurie

Thanks for all of the kind words guys, it does mean a lot. Saturday was both incredible and heartbreaking in equal measure. I don't know if I've ever had my heart racing quite as much as that during commentary, for those 8 or 9 minutes that we dared to dream. Ultimately wasn't to be, but the overriding feeling was one of immense pride. 

Despite it being a fairly disappointing season overall, it's again been an absolute pleasure to commentate on the team I love. Sometimes it might feel like hard work (the same way as it can do for any fan) but on the whole it's something I love doing. 

Andrew has been a great addition to the team, helping out immensely both behind the scenes and on air - either alongside me or as cover when I've not been able to attend a match. Like me he loves putting the time into his research and preparation and his delivery his top class (holds himself together a bit better than I do when we score as well...) Should also be mentioned that he does a lot of other work for Hearts TV as well, with additional content that hopefully adds a bit more to the channel.

Jimmy is, of course, my main sidekick though. While he doesn't like the prep as much as me or Andrew, and he may not always get player names right (Ahhh, good ol' MILONKOVIC) he knows the game better than us and can give some really good insight and analysis. He's also pretty funny, but don't ever tell him that I said that. Apart from anything, he keeps doing what he does simply because he loves watching Hearts, maybe also because we're good pals now but he'd never admit that...

I have to also mention Phil, who has the tough job of juggling all aspects our media and comms. He works extremely hard behind the scenes and I know is always trying to improve what the club does in this area.

I know there have been some frustrations with certain elements of the service at times this season but hopefully next campaign we can make further improvements, which will hopefully be echoed on the park as well. 

Enjoy your summer folks, see you all in mid July... 

Laurie 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Laurie said:

Thanks for all of the kind words guys, it does mean a lot. Saturday was both incredible and heartbreaking in equal measure. I don't know if I've ever had my heart racing quite as much as that during commentary, for those 8 or 9 minutes that we dared to dream. Ultimately wasn't to be, but the overriding feeling was one of immense pride. 

Despite it being a fairly disappointing season overall, it's again been an absolute pleasure to commentate on the team I love. Sometimes it might feel like hard work (the same way as it can do for any fan) but on the whole it's something I love doing. 

Andrew has been a great addition to the team, helping out immensely both behind the scenes and on air - either alongside me or as cover when I've not been able to attend a match. Like me he loves putting the time into his research and preparation and his delivery his top class (holds himself together a bit better than I do when we score as well...) Should also be mentioned that he does a lot of other work for Hearts TV as well, with additional content that hopefully adds a bit more to the channel.

Jimmy is, of course, my main sidekick though. While he doesn't like the prep as much as me or Andrew, and he may not always get player names right (Ahhh, good ol' MILONKOVIC) he knows the game better than us and can give some really good insight and analysis. He's also pretty funny, but don't ever tell him that I said that. Apart from anything, he keeps doing what he does simply because he loves watching Hearts, maybe also because we're good pals now but he'd never admit that...

I have to also mention Phil, who has the tough job of juggling all aspects our media and comms. He works extremely hard behind the scenes and I know is always trying to improve what the club does in this area.

I know there have been some frustrations with certain elements of the service at times this season but hopefully next campaign we can make further improvements, which will hopefully be echoed on the park as well. 

Enjoy your summer folks, see you all in mid July... 

Laurie 

I’ll be there next season Laurie 

great team and great people 👍

Edited by 1874

TypoonJambo

Thanks again Laurie and the team. Roll on next sesson. Missing you already.