Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

3 hours ago, Laurie said:

Hey guys,

We're going to provide an extended show on Saturday, so the programme will begin at 2pm with build up to the big game. 

Still finalising plans but will be on air from the start and look to provide some content at half time too. 

Details to follow.

Laurie 

Brilliant Laurie ... I was going to tune into the pre match crap from bbc ... but happily I now have the best commentery team for the whole build up 

cheers Laurie .. great news 

Edited by 1874

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 23/05/2019 at 06:49, Laurie said:

Hey guys,

We're going to provide an extended show on Saturday, so the programme will begin at 2pm with build up to the big game. 

Still finalising plans but will be on air from the start and look to provide some content at half time too. 

Details to follow.

Laurie 

Any updates on this yet Laurie? 

1 hour ago, HEARTOFVIC said:

So just to confirm the final live in it's entirely aaWILL be  shown on Hearts TV ?

It’s on the main website m8 ... 

Looks like we won't get on until 14.30, so a little earlier than usual but not was early as I first anticipated. My apologies for previous misinformation (me getting ahead of myself before we'd got the go ahead and logistics sorted). 

In answer to the above query, we will have the whole final live today though - usual video for international and audio for UK subscribers. 

DesertDawg

Laurie,

Thanks for a good season primarily due to yourself, Andrew and Jimmy.  Your commentary has made up many times for the less than ideal streaming service to the point that. without you, many of us would have cancelled months ago

So disappointed today as I'm sure you were too.  Never mind.  Keep up the good work.

1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

Laurie,

Thanks for a good season primarily due to yourself, Andrew and Jimmy.  Your commentary has made up many times for the less than ideal streaming service to the point that. without you, many of us would have cancelled months ago

So disappointed today as I'm sure you were too.  Never mind.  Keep up the good work.

?

Laurie,

?

A final thank you to Laurie and company,

Not the result we wanted but a perfect stream for once and the elation at our goal was supberb

Ty so much for the entertainment throughout the good bad and the ugly.

Thanks for all of the kind words guys, it does mean a lot. Saturday was both incredible and heartbreaking in equal measure. I don't know if I've ever had my heart racing quite as much as that during commentary, for those 8 or 9 minutes that we dared to dream. Ultimately wasn't to be, but the overriding feeling was one of immense pride. 

Despite it being a fairly disappointing season overall, it's again been an absolute pleasure to commentate on the team I love. Sometimes it might feel like hard work (the same way as it can do for any fan) but on the whole it's something I love doing. 

Andrew has been a great addition to the team, helping out immensely both behind the scenes and on air - either alongside me or as cover when I've not been able to attend a match. Like me he loves putting the time into his research and preparation and his delivery his top class (holds himself together a bit better than I do when we score as well...) Should also be mentioned that he does a lot of other work for Hearts TV as well, with additional content that hopefully adds a bit more to the channel.

Jimmy is, of course, my main sidekick though. While he doesn't like the prep as much as me or Andrew, and he may not always get player names right (Ahhh, good ol' MILONKOVIC) he knows the game better than us and can give some really good insight and analysis. He's also pretty funny, but don't ever tell him that I said that. Apart from anything, he keeps doing what he does simply because he loves watching Hearts, maybe also because we're good pals now but he'd never admit that...

I have to also mention Phil, who has the tough job of juggling all aspects our media and comms. He works extremely hard behind the scenes and I know is always trying to improve what the club does in this area.

I know there have been some frustrations with certain elements of the service at times this season but hopefully next campaign we can make further improvements, which will hopefully be echoed on the park as well. 

Enjoy your summer folks, see you all in mid July... 

Laurie 

5 hours ago, Laurie said:

Thanks for all of the kind words guys, it does mean a lot. Saturday was both incredible and heartbreaking in equal measure. I don't know if I've ever had my heart racing quite as much as that during commentary, for those 8 or 9 minutes that we dared to dream. Ultimately wasn't to be, but the overriding feeling was one of immense pride. 

Despite it being a fairly disappointing season overall, it's again been an absolute pleasure to commentate on the team I love. Sometimes it might feel like hard work (the same way as it can do for any fan) but on the whole it's something I love doing. 

Andrew has been a great addition to the team, helping out immensely both behind the scenes and on air - either alongside me or as cover when I've not been able to attend a match. Like me he loves putting the time into his research and preparation and his delivery his top class (holds himself together a bit better than I do when we score as well...) Should also be mentioned that he does a lot of other work for Hearts TV as well, with additional content that hopefully adds a bit more to the channel.

Jimmy is, of course, my main sidekick though. While he doesn't like the prep as much as me or Andrew, and he may not always get player names right (Ahhh, good ol' MILONKOVIC) he knows the game better than us and can give some really good insight and analysis. He's also pretty funny, but don't ever tell him that I said that. Apart from anything, he keeps doing what he does simply because he loves watching Hearts, maybe also because we're good pals now but he'd never admit that...

I have to also mention Phil, who has the tough job of juggling all aspects our media and comms. He works extremely hard behind the scenes and I know is always trying to improve what the club does in this area.

I know there have been some frustrations with certain elements of the service at times this season but hopefully next campaign we can make further improvements, which will hopefully be echoed on the park as well. 

Enjoy your summer folks, see you all in mid July... 

Laurie 

I’ll be there next season Laurie 

great team and great people ?

Edited by 1874

TyphoonJambo

Thanks again Laurie and the team. Roll on next sesson. Missing you already. 

• 4 weeks later...

I find it a little bit of a slap in the face for international subscribers that pay the direct deposit through the close season and we can’t even get audio commentary from the first friendly match of the season 

I go along with your point of view.  Smacks of no real improvements since last season.

I go along with your point of view.  Smacks of no real improvements since last season.

Still no reply, from our head of communications or indeed Ann Budge - I am well aware that messages take a certain route to reach her table.

However they have been sent,

Overseas subscribers are stubborn and idealistic on what they want to see.

They are no less a commodity than those attending Tynecastle every week.

The data has been gathered, sent and pandered upon.

DesertDawg has been a subscriber to Hearts World a couple of years before me.

Due to his inability to attend games, we would be there week in and week out if we could.

We pay a premium for a service which is frankly deficient.

The reason we keep subscribing is our love for our team and let's be frank our love for our

commentator Laurie Dunsire.

Please get back to me Phil, it is the first pre-season I have not subscribed to HMTV.

Cheers Jay

Edited by Neon
Missed a word.... OK? :P

• 2 weeks later...
jambo in iraq
On 29/06/2019 at 21:56, neonjambo said:

Still no reply, from our head of communications or indeed Ann Budge - I am well aware that messages take a certain route to reach her table.

However they have been sent,

Overseas subscribers are stubborn and idealistic on what they want to see.

They are no less a commodity than those attending Tynecastle every week.

The data has been gathered, sent and pandered upon.

DesertDawg has been a subscriber to Hearts World a couple of years before me.

Due to his inability to attend games, we would be there week in and week out if we could.

We pay a premium for a service which is frankly deficient.

The reason we keep subscribing is our love for our team and let's be frank our love for our

commentator Laurie Dunsire.

Please get back to me Phil, it is the first pre-season I have not subscribed to HMTV.

Cheers Jay

I echo every you say neonjambo! well said

jambo in iraq

would add it would be nice to have a practice run tonight Laurie for the Angus Scott testimonial. Iron out any technical bugs for Friday. Call it Pre-season training for the Hearts World team if you will!

TyphoonJambo
7 hours ago, jambo in iraq said:

I echo every you say neonjambo! well said

And still no reply! The club should be ashamed. 

1 hour ago, bill duff said:

Renewing HeartsTV. Is there a promo code?

I wouldn’t think so 

Good luck to all the regular guys in here tonight ..... let’s hope we start the season of on the right foot both in the pitch and with an excellent stream .......

I see your sense of humour is as sharp as ever Bill.  

This will be your likely response.  :tumbleweed:  

jambo in iraq
2 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

The audio is way ahead of the video for me on primary and back player. Anyone got the same issue?

Yup me too

Only took 50 seconds for the audio to get about 2 sec ahead of video. Well done Hearts, start off as you mean to go on!

It always take a bit of time to get the audio and video aligned when we get the feed from one of the tv companies.

So why not test that in advance?  It's not as if getting a BT feed is anything new.

On the other hand, the commentary was the usual high quality both in and out of sync.  Good stuff from Jimmy with his "more pops from outside the box on the greasy surface needed" quote then exactly that type of goal gets us back in the game.  Get him on the bench!

2 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

I see your sense of humour is as sharp as ever Bill.  

This will be your likely response.  :tumbleweed:  

Well, it did ask

4 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

So why not test that in advance?  It's not as if getting a BT feed is anything new.

On the other hand, the commentary was the usual high quality both in and out of sync.  Good stuff from Jimmy with his "more pops from outside the box on the greasy surface needed" quote then exactly that type of goal gets us back in the game.  Get him on the bench!

It was well before kick off. That's in advance :)

Found a promo code ..... 

send me all all you guys card details and I’ll stick it in for you 😋😋😋😋😋

TyphoonJambo

Are we even getting audio from Cowdenbeath? 

37 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Are we even getting audio from Cowdenbeath? 

Good question....

Who knows?  WEB site is marked "facilities dependent."  I guess this means that somebody will arrive 5 minutes before kick off to look for an ISDN line connection? :wacko:

TyphoonJambo

Who knows?  WEB site is marked "facilities dependent."  I guess this means that somebody will arrive 5 minutes before kick off to look for an ISDN line connection? :wacko:

Amateurish and dismissive of the customer/supporters rights to a standard of service they have paid for. Undoubtedly there are good people doing their best for HTV but far far too often we rely on a last minute evaluation of services available. Its only a 20 minute drive from Edinburgh or seconds over the phone. Not good enough. 

Morning folks,

We will be doing our best to provide audio tonight. Unfortunately there are no facilities as far as we're aware, although that's just an assumption as, to be perfectly honest, we've just not had any responses from Cowdenbeath to our queries. 

As utilised previously we have the wireless option through a mobile phone, which we will be utilising if, as we fear, there is no ISDN line for us to use at Central Park. But as you're all aware, this method is far from ideal and doesn't provide great quality. Generally, touch wood, it has at least worked however, so I'm optimistic that you'll have me for the full match on my lonesome, chattering down a phone line - even if it might sound like I'm on a Walkie Talkie at times! 

It's times like these that I don't miss the Championship... 

TyphoonJambo
15 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Morning folks,

We will be doing our best to provide audio tonight. Unfortunately there are no facilities as far as we're aware, although that's just an assumption as, to be perfectly honest, we've just not had any responses from Cowdenbeath to our queries. 

As utilised previously we have the wireless option through a mobile phone, which we will be utilising if, as we fear, there is no ISDN line for us to use at Central Park. But as you're all aware, this method is far from ideal and doesn't provide great quality. Generally, touch wood, it has at least worked however, so I'm optimistic that you'll have me for the full match on my lonesome, chattering down a phone line - even if it might sound like I'm on a Walkie Talkie at times! 

It's times like these that I don't miss the Championship... 

Laurie, as ever you do your best but surely even you must get frustrated at the lack of support given to you. Thanks again for your efforts.

52 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Laurie, as ever you do your best but surely even you must get frustrated at the lack of support given to you. Thanks again for your efforts.

For games like tonight it's challenging, as mentioned I know that we've tried to contact Cowdenbeath to establish what facilities will be available but have just not had any response. It's frustrating but at the same time I also understand they're not a professional club and will probably not be well staffed. I wouldn't say I ever feel that I don't get support for what I do, I see first hand that there are a lot of people going above and beyond with different duties before, during and after a match.

That's maybe slightly different from some of the issues I know a few of you have with the technical side of things, which I can't really comment on. That's not a cop out by any means, but the feed that goes out to subscribers is controlled away from the stadium and I won't pretend to know the ins and outs of that. 

grumpyespana

Just subscribed to Hearts tv for the first time from a hot Spain just now cheers guys.

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Laurie said:

For games like tonight it's challenging, as mentioned I know that we've tried to contact Cowdenbeath to establish what facilities will be available but have just not had any response. It's frustrating but at the same time I also understand they're not a professional club and will probably not be well staffed. I wouldn't say I ever feel that I don't get support for what I do, I see first hand that there are a lot of people going above and beyond with different duties before, during and after a match.

That's maybe slightly different from some of the issues I know a few of you have with the technical side of things, which I can't really comment on. That's not a cop out by any means, but the feed that goes out to subscribers is controlled away from the stadium and I won't pretend to know the ins and outs of that. 

I think i speak for the majority, if not all, when i say your efforts a hugely appreciated. 

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

I think i speak for the majority, if not all, when i say your efforts a hugely appreciated. 

100% agree with this .....

Laurie, basically I don’t really care about the quality, as long as it’s explained to us paying customers before hand , and yes I know that’s not really your job to do that , we have a website and a media manager for that ... oh by the way where is he ??????? 

What's frustrating is that I did a google search and the stock cars get streamed live, can't profess to know the ins and out or indeed who runs this but the facility is there. Not much can be done if they don't respond. Poor on their part. 

Cowdenbeath played East Fife at Central Park last Saturday afternoon.  Might have been a good time to send somebody along to look at the facilties?

3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

I agree with this but if Cowdenbeath are NOT A PROFESSIONAL CLUB why are they playing in the Scottish Professional Football League?  Maybe "part time professional" is a better term?

52 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

What's frustrating is that I did a google search and the stock cars get streamed live, can't profess to know the ins and out or indeed who runs this but the facility is there. Not much can be done if they don't respond. Poor on their part. 

I hope we “ smash “ a few in tonight :)

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic