Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

Any chance of getting a thread with all faqs about Hearts TV stickied?

Seen at least 3 all asking same question this week.

A chance to have any links to official club press about any upcoming games as well as feedback etc.

Perhaps with information like: unless otherwise stated Live Video of any away game will ONLY be available if match broadcast live on sky/bt/bbc

I know Laurie is quite good at replying but also relaying feedback and giving info back.

Apologies for the rant just seems a bit irritating people not looking for threads or asking and repeating questions that have already been answered

Thoughts?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Makes perfect sense as it will also promote the benefits.

The service has improved dramatically although something still needs to be done about the camera angle.  We couldn't even see last Sunday's first goal free kick for Aberdeen as one of the main stand's notorious posts was in the way.  Brought back memories that one!

On the Hearts TV site there could also be some improvements re game promotion, audio links etc.  It's all there but can be tricky to navigate.  The authors need to look at the best NFL or NBA sites for ideas.   Here's a comparison.  I realise that cost can be a major issue but it's something to aspire to. 

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/tv

http://www.azcardinals.com/

Ok I have a Samsung galaxy s6 and it keeps saying " media player unavailable" or something when I open up a game. I have to watch it on my laptop but I will be out tomorrow. Anyone have a fix for this? It's something to do with flash I think?

Just a little complaint from last weeks game on hearts tv . They seem to play to many replays of pointless areas of the game , you end up missing what's happening in real time

Just a little complaint from last weeks game on hearts tv . They seem to play to many replays of pointless areas of the game , you end up missing what's happening in real time

I found that frustrating too.

Also, the camera angle from over the dugout isn't very good.  Seeing the game from a camera high in the Wheatfield is much better.

I don't mind the camera angle at all, it reminds of a season ticket I had in section N as a schoolboy, but the number of replays for the Aberdeen was really invasive

Ok I have a Samsung galaxy s6 and it keeps saying " media player unavailable" or something when I open up a game. I have to watch it on my laptop but I will be out tomorrow. Anyone have a fix for this? It's something to do with flash I think?

The problem is with flash right enough.

The free version of Photon Browser has a button which turns flash on, you can use that. The only downside is that for games with video, Photon won't go full screen unless you purchase the full version

The problem is with flash right enough.

The free version of Photon Browser has a button which turns flash on, you can use that. The only downside is that for games with video, Photon won't go full screen unless you purchase the full version

it worked until 2 weeks ago. I got a new update for my phone so maybe that changed something. I downloaded flashfox browser so hopefully that works but if not i'll try photon! thanks for your help.

alicante jambo

it worked until 2 weeks ago. I got a new update for my phone so maybe that changed something. I downloaded flashfox browser so hopefully that works but if not i'll try photon! thanks for your help.

ive got photon and it works no problem.At first i struggled to get a picture until it was pointed out i had to click on tge lightening strike

Good idea with this thread folks. Apologies but I only just noticed it now and I've already posted a new topic about today's coverage!

Anyway, I'll know for future reference. Incidentally if you haven't seen the other thread, we WILL have video for international subscribers today - plus audio only for UK of course.

Also, the camera angle from over the dugout isn't very good. Seeing the game from a camera high in the Wheatfield is much better.

This, would much rather see the game from the back of the wheatfield, the camera angle in the main stand is way too low.

Think that the main stand camera is used only is purely because of internet connections. May be wrong but sure thats what was said previously

Think that the main stand camera is used only is purely because of internet connections. May be wrong but sure thats what was said previously

Spot on. Due to the way our equipment is setup we need the camera positioned where it is for the internet line.

As I've said previously I can see the argument for the Wheatfield vantage point giving a better view, however some people prefer the main stand camera. Can see the pros and cons of both.

At yesterdays game, in particular and others, the camera went out of focus many times and occasionally for extended periods. Why is that? Very annoying.

At yesterdays game, in particular and others, the camera went out of focus many times and occasionally for extended periods. Why is that? Very annoying.

Didn't for me mate, sounds like your internet connection isn't very reliable.

The stream adjusts quality depending on your bandwidth - if the quality of your connection drops, the picture quality does too.

If you want to test the quality of your connection go to pingtest.net - anything lower than a top quality connection and you should be phoning your ISP

Good idea this thread, been thinking about getting it for a while. Just a few questions

Does all the money from the subscriptions go to Hearts, if not do we know what % does?

If I subscribe here in the UK, when I go abroad will I be able to watch the games that are being broadcasted, or is there a seperate international subscription?

Can you log in in two devices at the same time?

Cheers

Good idea this thread, been thinking about getting it for a while. Just a few questions

Does all the money from the subscriptions go to Hearts, if not do we know what % does?

If I subscribe here in the UK, when I go abroad will I be able to watch the games that are being broadcasted, or is there a seperate international subscription?

Can you log in in two devices at the same time?

Cheers

The financial details aren't public domain so I can't answer that, but there is a third party involved and they've got to get a cut.

There is a seperate international subscription but from what I'm hearing a domestic subscription when used abroad will get you access to video (which makes me wonder why I'm paying double for international when I could get my old mum to get a domestic sub and watch it from abroad!)

You can log in with one device at a time.

NB all answered from personal experience only

(which makes me wonder why I'm paying double for international)

I find this a bit of a rip of myself , I'm in Canada and pay a good high price for the international subscriber

Didn't for me mate, sounds like your internet connection isn't very reliable.

The stream adjusts quality depending on your bandwidth - if the quality of your connection drops, the picture quality does too.

If you want to test the quality of your connection go to pingtest.net - anything lower than a top quality connection and you should be phoning your ISP

Thanks for that. Good to see you weren't troubled with your connection.

I'll look into it,

The financial details aren't public domain so I can't answer that, but there is a third party involved and they've got to get a cut.

There is a seperate international subscription but from what I'm hearing a domestic subscription when used abroad will get you access to video (which makes me wonder why I'm paying double for international when I could get my old mum to get a domestic sub and watch it from abroad!)

You can log in with one device at a time.

NB all answered from personal experience only

Trying to get international version. When I click on 'International' I end up back at the UK sign up page. Very possible I'm doing something stupid! Anybody help?

I'm planning on signing up for a month so I can watch the Killie game when I'm in Japan.

Will this game definitely have a live video feed? If so will work on an iPad?

Thanks in advance.

Trying to get international version. When I click on 'International' I end up back at the UK sign up page. Very possible I'm doing something stupid! Anybody help?

Send a query to the email address on the site, they're great at sorting things out

I'm planning on signing up for a month so I can watch the Killie game when I'm in Japan.

Will this game definitely have a live video feed? If so will work on an iPad?

Thanks in advance.

Home games are definitely shown live but I couldn't say about iPad tbh - might be worth an email as well

Send a query to the email address on the site, they're great at sorting things out

Home games are definitely shown live but I couldn't say about iPad tbh - might be worth an email as well

Thank you kindly

Popped them an email and got a quick and helpful response. Can't find the link for the international subscription though!

It's a strange one, I'm only getting options for UK monthly & yearly. I'll log on when I'm abroad and see how it goes.

Unknown user

It's a strange one, I'm only getting options for UK monthly & yearly. I'll log on when I'm abroad and see how it goes.

That is strange

That is strange

Just got confirmation I have to sign up when abroad for the international option to be available.

Impressed with he speedy replies to my emails.

Wasn't the best today.  Video was jumpy with intermittent green screen and a couple of times complete off.  No score/time graphics, no replays - looks like a bad day at the office all round.

Sorry about all the issues today folks, it was an absolute nightmare. One of the headsets randomly stopped working before we went on air and then the video feed wouldn't come through. Eventually we had to move all of our kit to a different spot in the press box, where we found the internet line didn't work at all. Extension cable was out, folk were rushing around madly and eventually we managed to get on air.

I believe the kit is going to be sent back for testing as the faults seemed inexplicable today.

Again, apologises for the delay in getting on air - I understand we had to use an alternative method to broadcast (sorry, not sure exactly how they did it in the end - not my remit) but that's possibly why some of you had further issues.

Edited by Laurie

Sorry about all the issues today folks, it was an absolute nightmare. One of the headsets randomly stopped working before we went on air and then the video feed wouldn't come through. Eventually we had to move all of our kit to a different spot in the press box, where we found the internet line didn't work at all. Extension cable was out, folk were rushing around madly and eventually we managed to get on air.

I believe the kit is going to be sent back for testing as the faults seemed inexplicable today.

Again, apologises for the delay in getting on air - I understand we had to use an alternative method to broadcast (sorry, not sure exactly how they did it in the end - not my remit) but that's possibly why some of you had further issues.

This! This is brilliant!

Kudos to you sir.

Not ur fault but immediately in to apologise and give explanations as to what went wrong as well as giving forward actio .

Glad to see you on the payroll. Always a key link to the fans

I appreciate the quick response but, having upped my sub yesterday to watch the game it was THE most frustrating afternoon.

Apart from all the other problems, about 50-60% of the game was blurred and, it had cost me an arm and a leg to change the good lady's plans to watch that.

Such was the blurring, I thought we'd actually scored twice more in that first half until I realised that the game was contiunuing.

Unknown user

I appreciate the quick response but, having upped my sub yesterday to watch the game it was THE most frustrating afternoon.

Apart from all the other problems, about 50-60% of the game was blurred and, it had cost me an arm and a leg to change the good lady's plans to watch that.

Such was the blurring, I thought we'd actually scored twice more in that first half until I realised that the game was contiunuing.

Blurring is normally due to issues at your end.

The service detects your available bandwidth and adjusts the stream accordingly. If it detects a bottleneck, the quality is adjusted so the picture is blurred but at least running smoothly.

I can confirm that my stream wasn't blurry at all so it didn't come from the club end

Geoff Kilpatrick

The service detects your available bandwidth and adjusts the stream accordingly. If it detects a bottleneck, the quality is adjusted so the picture is blurred but at least running smoothly.

I can confirm that my stream wasn't blurry at all so it didn't come from the club end

Same here, although I did get green screens.

You're correct with this Smithee. If the stream goes blurry it will most likely be bandwidth issues at the user's end. The video feed wasn't broadcast as we usual do it, which mean things like the scoreline didn't appear. However there shouldn't have been any blurring, and we still have someone watching the feed back as it goes out to quality check it.

This! This is brilliant!

Kudos to you sir.

Not ur fault but immediately in to apologise and give explanations as to what went wrong as well as giving forward actio .

Glad to see you on the payroll. Always a key link to the fans

Thanks BM, although most of the work that went on was nothing to do with me. The guys from Sports Media GB have been excellent since we started using them, and as soon as there were issues on Saturday they were very quick to find a solution. It certainly wasn't ideal but under our previous provider I'd hazard a guess that the end result in a similar situation would have been no coverage at all for the entire match.

Phil Turnbull also does so much, above and beyond his role at the club. He was at reception when I arrived at Tynie and he's around meeting and greeting some guests, coordinating countless personnel working on a matchday and then when we had the issues with the feed he was rushing about getting extension cables and testing lines.

I think it's always worth me mentioning the fact that much of the credit when it comes to Hearts TV has to go to others who aren't in the limelight. 

Unknown user

Cheers Laurie, always good to know what goes on in the background.

FWIW I've had dealings with Phil in the past and I have to say he's a complete gent and a real asset to the club.

Sports Media have been good too, now that they have the audio synch worked out anyway, although a KODI addon would be very very welcome if you have any influence!

Thanks for the explanation of last Saturday's problems.  I'd guessed that they weren't just on the pitch!

I still can't see the pros of the camera position though.  It's impossible to see the pitch at all within about 5 yards of the main stand/Gorgie Road corner flag due to one of the stand pillars blocking the camera angle.  The Wheatfield stand is a much better viewing position.  What's the feed problem with this?  I understand that Raith Rovers laid a cable under the pitch at Starks Park during the close season to improve their TV service and camera position.  How about checking this out for Tynecastle? 

Otherwise, keep up the good work. 

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone help me out here..I'm abroad and want to watch hearts v dundee Utd game.im a hearts tv subscriber.How do I go about it?its not clear when you click on international link.

Could someone help me out here..I'm abroad and want to watch hearts v dundee Utd game.im a hearts tv subscriber.How do I go about it?its not clear when you click on international link.

Sent you a message buddy

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic