Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

Tks. Laurie.

"Hearts travel to Paisley on Wednesday night to face St Mirren in the latest crucial relegation clash.

Daniel Stendel’s men will know that three points would see them move off the bottom of the Ladbrokes Premiership, replacing the Buddies in 11th place on either goal difference or goals scored.

The meeting is the rescheduled fixture from last month. The teams had been due to meet on Friday, February 21 with the game being shown live on BT Sport, but horrible conditions brought flooding to areas around St Mirren Park.

Despite the game having originally been set for broadcast, plus the importance of the fixture, fans won’t be able to watch it live.

A UEFA directive means top-flight action or cup ties are not permitted to be shown at the same time as Champions League matches. Liverpool face Atletico Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain host Borussia Dortmund on the same evening as St Mirren v Hearts.

These are directives, however, which can be broken as will be the case on Wednesday night. Manchester City v Arsenal will be shown live on Sky Sports with a fine to be paid, likely covered by either the Premier League or the broadcaster show the game.

Meanwhile, fans of Hearts, St Mirren and Scottish football in general will have to make to do with radio coverage via BBC Scotland, or the club’s subscription channels.

Neither club are allowed to even provide live TV coverage to their subscribers outwith UK and Ireland due to the rules passed down by Uefa.

There is some good news for supporters who are unable to make the game. BBC Alba will be showing the match 30 minutes after full-time. Fans will be able to watch delayed coverage of the full 90 minutes at 10pm."

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

niblick1874

Thanks very much for the heads up DesertDawg. I'll get the usual, your no gettin it, Your no here. 

With no games being played for the rest of this month, and possibly longer, are we getting a refund from Hearts TV?

On 14/03/2020 at 02:06, DesertDawg said:

With no games being played for the rest of this month, and possibly longer, are we getting a refund from Hearts TV?

Cheers for reminding me DD, I pay monthly took payment on the 9th of march so was due again same time next month but cancelled before automatic renewal.

Hopefully those are signed up for the season will see a refund or at least an extended subscription period.

Happy to help Jay. 

My monthly charge is due on the 26th of March so, in the absence of any new info from Hearts TV I guess that I'll cancel too.

Didn’t like doing it , but due to uncertainties at work I have cancelled my subscription today also .. sorry Hearts TV 

• 1 month later...
Goodfella
On 03/05/2020 at 19:48, Flogel7 said:

Does anyone know how to gain free access to Hearts tv as a season ticket holder?

you should head to

https://heartstv.heartsfc.co.uk/tv

and click login

then enter the following details:

Your username is your first name-second name-customer reference

number (john-smith-0001)

Your password is your customer reference number (0001)

That's straight from the Hearts email. So first name and second name and your customer reference. Then for your password it's just your customer reference. Hope this helps.

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
On 10/05/2020 at 00:05, Goodfella said:

you should head to

https://heartstv.heartsfc.co.uk/tv

and click login

then enter the following details:

Your username is your first name-second name-customer reference

number (john-smith-0001)

Your password is your customer reference number (0001)

That's straight from the Hearts email. So first name and second name and your customer reference. Then for your password it's just your customer reference. Hope this helps.

Cheers, that has worked

colinmaroon

How much of subscription goes to Hearts?

Thinking of cancelling and upping FoH DD.

• 7 months later...

Tonight's  game is on Ppv at £18. Is it cheaper if u have hearts tv. I used to have it but stopped paying it. Just wondered if the live games were cheaper for tv subscribers 

1 minute ago, jamboharri said:

Tonight's  game is on Ppv at £18. Is it cheaper if u have hearts tv. I used to have it but stopped paying it. Just wondered if the live games were cheaper for tv subscribers 

Nope, Free for season ticket holders £18 the rest:thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, jamboharri said:

just paid 18.50.:jambobanana:

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
11 minutes ago, jamboharri said:

Only cheaper if you're happy with just Laurie and Jimmy's commentary.  TV sbubscription only for overseas.  Otherwise is ppv.

Just now, DesertDawg said:

At one or multiple locations?

Multiple locations doesn't work.  One location isn't a problem.

Multiple. Thought they might allow at least 2 like BT Sport do.

Cheers!

Thanks  guys. Not really had much time to use the 5.99 per month  to listen and watch stuff. But would of signed back up  if it reduced the ppv fee

5 minutes ago, Uberjambo said:

Do we keep all of the PPV money for home games or do the away teams get a share?

Keep :thumbsup:

Anyone else having trouble casting games from the season ticket holder website? Doesn't seem to work anymore. Tried using both an older Chromecast, and the new Chromecast with Google TV. The casting symbol is available, but doesn't work on any of the four links.

Not sure why this thread isn't a sticky anymore - always find it useful. Thought might have more chance of @Laurie seeing this:

Anyone else having trouble casting games from the season ticket holder website? Doesn't seem to work anymore. Tried using both an older Chromecast, and the new Chromecast with Google TV. The casting symbol is available, but doesn't work on any of the four links.

2 minutes ago, SupaJT said:

Not sure why this thread isn't a sticky anymore - always find it useful. Thought might have more chance of @Laurie seeing this:

Yep same issue here. I use HDMI now instead but casting was so much easier. Not sure why it’s changed.

9 hours ago, SupaJT said:

Mine wasn't the best last night. At one point the commentary was a minute or so behind the play. Still better than stv used to manage 😂

I also thought the camera work wasn't that great last night. At times it was like watching the time lapse video crimewatch used to show. 

Between that, and it jamming a few times. Had to change links, to try keep to date with the game. 

I posted at HT that I was encountering a fair bit buffering, then blurry picture As if the cameraman was pissin' about.

I've got 100mb broadband and VPN.

I had to log out and back in.

Never had a complaint until last night.

@Nookie Bear had issues too? 

Edited by Tommy Brown

10 hours ago, SupaJT said:

Yeh, the last two games I've not been able to cast the stream. I watch on my laptop, so just end up casting the entire desktop which works fine, but would be easier if the stream was able to be cast as before.

14 hours ago, SupaJT said:

Hey, I don't have an answer for this just now but we're looking at a way of being able to channel these sorts of technical queries/issues, so hopefully there might be some movement on that in the near future. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • davemclaren pinned this topic
19 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

This season has been great value for international subscribers.

How so? Don't believe I'm getting anything more than I usually get, if anything I'd say the picture quality has dipped a notch or two...

2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Cant see much difference in quality here and had a good few games

probably just my eyesight deteriorating!! Think Laurie and Jimmy do a bang up job, agree that it's value (and for me always has been). I was fixated on your this season bit!!

Thanks Laurie, I sent an email to the technical team on the season pass website and they gave the below advice, so I'll try that for the next home match. 

Google recently made a change to casting which has affected our player, they seem to want people to cast through their app now. If you download the Google Home app then open our stream and click Link 2 beneath the stream, you then press the casting icon as normal. Once you do this, open the Google Home app and click media, this should open a small control panel with a play button on it. Once you click play there your stream should start as normal.

5 hours ago, jvm32 said:

Yeh, the last two games I've not been able to cast the stream. I watch on my laptop, so just end up casting the entire desktop which works fine, but would be easier if the stream was able to be cast as before.

I sent an email to the technical team on the season pass website and they gave the below advice, worth trying this for the next home match:

Google recently made a change to casting which has affected our player, they seem to want people to cast through their app now. If you download the Google Home app then open our stream and click Link 2 beneath the stream, you then press the casting icon as normal. Once you do this, open the Google Home app and click media, this should open a small control panel with a play button on it. Once you click play there your stream should start as normal.

been here before

Im wholly underwhelmed by the whole ST match coverage. The picture quality varies throughout the game and many have repeated problems either getting a decent stream or one that doesnt lag.

Whether we get replays or not of goals or significant incidents just seems to be pot luck.

The commentary team are awful. The "shout outs" especially in the first couple of games will live long in the memory. More suited to a school disco. Theres 4 options for streaming, cant one be commentary free, just leaving the match noises?

is it too much to have in house produced content pre match and half time. Even something as simple as player/management interviews? Just now theres nothing pre match and just a couple of shitty videos lifted from youtube at half time. Last night one if them still had the gaelic commentary on it for **** sake. Nothing whatsoever post match. Even East Fife and Morton put out a better effort than we do.

We were told "a significant five figure sum" had been invested. God alone knows how bad it was before.  Who knows whats going to happen next season but if theres games and this is part of the ST option then itll be a straightforward dingy. Id rather miss the game than pay up for whats currently on offer.

Edited by been here before

21 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

probably just my eyesight deteriorating!! Think Laurie and Jimmy do a bang up job, agree that it's value (and for me always has been). I was fixated on your this season bit!!

I have been very impressed with the commentary particularly in terms of spontaneity. They are good together and in contrast to the contributions from some of our opponents TV they provide a balanced view of the game whilst at the same time not compromising their Hearts credentials. Will be glad to get back to the games but in the current climate I am happy with my season ticket arrangement.

Fxxx the SPFL

I sit with Flashscores football up on my tablet and the goals come up on there about one and half minutes before Hearts TV and 20 seconds before Jeff Stellings Sky report the goal. I get too nervous watching the live games but the missus watches it and tells me not to let her know when we score she's not a happy bunny when i let rip with a shout lol. it's not the same as not being at the game.

20 minutes ago, been here before said:

Im wholly underwhelmed by the whole ST match coverage. The picture quality varies throughout the game and many have repeated problems either getting a decent stream or one that doesnt lag.

Whether we get replays or not of goals or significant incidents just seems to be pot luck.

The commentary team are awful. The "shout outs" especially in the first couple of games will live long in the memory. More suited to a school disco. Theres 4 options for streaming, cant one be commentary free, just leaving the match noises?

is it too much to have in house produced content pre match and half time. Even something as simple as player/management interviews? Just now theres nothing pre match and just a couple of shitty videos lifted from youtube at half time. Last night one if them still had the gaelic commentary on it for **** sake. Nothing whatsoever post match. Even East Fife and Morton put out a better effort than we do.

We were told "a significant five figure sum" had been invested. God alone knows how bad it was before.  Who knows whats going to happen next season but if theres games and this is part of the ST option then itll be a straightforward dingy. Id rather miss the game than pay up for whats currently on offer.

All streams lag - can’t be helped. 

Fxxx the SPFL
22 minutes ago, been here before said:

£999.99

been here before
Just now, davemclaren said:

All streams lag - can’t be helped. 

I meant buffer.

Either way the whole overall package is pish.

Just now, been here before said:

I meant buffer.

Either way the whole overall package is pish.

I think it’s fine. I don’t get any buffering and quality is fine. 

been here before
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think it’s fine. I don’t get any buffering and quality is fine. 

Ah well everythings magic then.

Glamorgan Jambo

The signal dropped a couple of times

last night. First time that’s happened for me. Additionally the plug got pulled mid sentence at the end of the game when Laurie and Jimmy (who I think are both very good) were summarising.

So far I’ve watched on my TV’s internal browser and it’s been okay.

Next game I’m gonna try logging in through the ancient PS3 to see if that gives a better experience.

As I’ve said before it seems mean not to give those of us that pay £18.50 a pop access to the after match interviews. The price (which I’m happy to pay because I know it’s helping out) is way too high for what’s delivered. And yes I understand the point about season ticket holders and Hearts TV subscribers.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Completely agree. Production is extremely tinpot and even other Championship clubs are making more of an effort.

There's no shortage of people willing to volunteer to create content or help with the production.

Worthing Jambo

Never had a problem with buffering and my BT wifi is crap!

Whether through laptop (hdmi to tv), or recently through firestick, the quality of the stream has been great.

I think some smart TVs are not as smart as they say and can’t cope with streaming outside of dedicated apps.

I also look forward to Laurie and Jimmy’s commentary. 👍😁