Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Anyone else just getting the black page with the match count down? Cant link to anything else. 

Yeah mines is like that just now

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Anyone else just getting the black page with the match count down? Cant link to anything else. 

Refreshed the page and back to normal now 

Nothing showing at all for me I have maybe seen a two second burst of stream then stops, freezes on a still frame.

Tried chrome and firefox, tried changing my IP address with a VPN, Tried different players.

Tried a reboot.

100mb fibre line with top of the line pc and router same bs different day.

New player also has no option to adjust quality it seems.

I don't know why I bother tbh.

Not using the Vpn today DD, with or without making no difference.

Been watching the games recently on a Chinese website with perfect quality but as it is not on Alba ect nothing today.

Seems like I am not missing much from the match day thread.

Still cmon the Hearts.

I still wish I could have an audio only option so I could atleast listen to Laurie and Jimmy.

1 minute ago, 1874 said:

Neon , there is a little button just down the page a little for HD or SD option 

Yea tried the SD button back up player back up gives a spinning circle the others do nothing.

I eventually reset the modem and it seemed to make a difference as I caught 60-65% of the second half,

there are on going issues in China with the Hong Kong situation and expressvpn issued an update.

I did not use expressvpn during the game but bandwidth may have been reduced, so cannot blame HeartsTV for

tonights issues, or so I believe.

I will see if the Hibs game goes smoother next week no reason to expect it will but again maybe due to a regional issue.

Picture perfect ...2 mins      Picture blurred   5 mins..... and repeat.

While that is happening I was getting 3 commentaries at once....

had to turn the sound off.   And on top of that!!   well never mind!

Whole experience was pathetic,

That's odd that you guys had problems today while others didn't.  Usually that indicates a local reception issue, not a source fault.

Over the last four years I've experimented with various options but the one that works almost every time is streaming at 40MB/s or higher direct to a desktop PC running Windows 10 build 1903 and Google Chrome  Chrome  Version 76.0.3809.132.  (the current versions of both Windows and Chrome)

Casting to a TV works well but does introduce another variable.  It took me a couple of years to finally figure out that when casting to my TV the video glitches that occurred during camera changes only happened when I was running my microwave oven!   

Before next week's game it might be worthwhile running a couple of the Hearts TV video clips to see what gets you the best performance.  I've fine tuned my setup several times by doing that.

6 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

One other thing.  

If you have wifi anywhere in your signal chain then download this app to a mobile device and check your wifi signal strength at various points in the rooms where you get your signal.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en_US

Thanks desert 

No problem.  I'll be a bit scarce for the next couple of weeks as I'll be off to Scotland.  

I won't make the game at Easter Road as I'm travelling that day but I do have my ticket for the Betfred Cup game on the 25th.  I haven't been to the new stand yet as my last live game was the 4-1 Rangers one when Ian Cathro was the coach.  Let's hope for a similar performance and result.

My observations after I get back to Arizona.   :tumbleweed:😉

Thanks guys.  That's much appreciated.   :2thumbsup:

Leaving for Phoenix, AZ in a couple of hours.  Will give you my opinion of the stand and everything else when I get back..

1 minute ago, neonjambo said:

I have snow on my screen, been looking forward to this for a month and nothing.

Vpn on Vpn off, Chrome firefox even bloody opera.

You tube mate

This thread is 3 days shy of being four bloody years old.....

How about a fix Hearts? as this thread was started relatively lately in comparison to the ongoing issues.

Youtube it is thx for the heads up.

1 minute ago, bill duff said:

Now you can't even complain

Until there is a dedicated support staff, who can sort out individual needs I won't be back, I always say it but in the hope it has improved I come back.

This for me is a waste of time, hours spent diagnosing my connection, money (bought a new computer and router just to watch the Hearts) and patience I certainly have a shorter fuse due to the lack of action from the media company who run the streaming service.

FFS we even had our head commentator with a broken headset a few weeks ago.

Mickey mouse service that they are asking a premium for, not another penny will I pay until it has improved dramatically - I hope you are reading this Phil, you went into a cocoon after receiving criticism.

Here’s my theory it works on iPad soon as I try to mirror it to telly through Apple TV it stops working obviously trying to stop pirate streams pointless if it’s on you tube anyway, there’s gotta be an easier way I’m always gonna want to cast to big telly.

Just now, ozjambo said:

Here’s my theory it works on iPad soon as I try to mirror it to telly through Apple TV it stops working obviously trying to stop pirate streams pointless if it’s on you tube anyway, there’s gotta be an easier way I’m always gonna want to cast to big telly.

I have it on a Chinese website currently even clearly streamed from Hearts or Hibs TV, no glitches, no lagging - However no Laurie and this site has very few games.

Currently got a view from behind the goals during the half time warm up.

Hope those signed up in Japan with the new Japanese website are getting a great stream.....

Sort the issues before expanding Hearts...

3 minutes ago, ozjambo said:

I can't sign in. Not changed my password, not on a vpn and yes, my card has been charged. No contact to even cancel.

BRAVEHEART1874

It has been noted  they 2 idiotic  english commentators previously on soccerstreams  now you tube /and even discord now lol

still seem to get the streams ok Yep amazing what you can do taking the bigoted pounds from the uglies ;)

We let our club die has just donated £5 - 20 pounds etc. is all you here  every two minutes  lmao 

Worked fine and  thank god our hearts tv commentators and not biased like the uglies tv chumps :) 

2 hours ago, Dinger said:

working fine for me since 2:45 🤷‍♂️

seriously ?

dinger can i ask where you are and what you are using to access hearts tv 

Laurie 

any info or updates on the shambles that is hearts tv .......

biggest game of the season so far and they (hearts tv) screw it up ....

I can still only watch it through my Ipad , cant get it on my smart TV anymore which is annoying ( Someone did same mirror it to the TV , so might invest in the cables )

1 hour ago, fila said:

I can still only watch it through my Ipad , cant get it on my smart TV anymore which is annoying ( Someone did same mirror it to the TV , so might invest in the cables )

So is there a cable to connect iPad to telly? 

Gents 

i have an ipad and could not access anything yesterday.

sound or pictures 

something jus isn’t right

3 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

I would be careful with some of those cables.

The output is probably blocked on hdmi also.

Just googled it they are $75 locally or about $10 on eBay probably Chinese and 3 weeks away, and yes I’m guessing if they are blocking the mirroring they will be blocking this as well ,  I have Foxtel go app which is our pay tv here and can log in on up to 5 devices but they block casting and I’m guessing cable as well cause you’d only need one account for 5 different people to use it. I’ve messaged Laurie he’s going to look into it and get back to me.

14 hours ago, 1874 said:

seriously ?

dinger can i ask where you are and what you are using to access hearts tv 

just noticed this, i just use my laptop mate, google chrome and mostly cast to my tv,  

but yea it worked fine all game for me, clear solid picture, commentary was only on the left side though but i could live with that tbh, 

14 hours ago, Dinger said:

just noticed this, i just use my laptop mate, google chrome and mostly cast to my tv,  

but yea it worked fine all game for me, clear solid picture, commentary was only on the left side though but i could live with that tbh, 

ok , thanks dinger, where are you located by the way 

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic