Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

Captain Sausage

Piss poor service yet again. £13 a month is more than I pay for Netflix or Premier Sports, yet the quality is terrible. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Laurie......

i know you are not to blame for the service we receive from hearts tv , but surely you can pass on the absolute disgust that most of us have with the service we are receiving....

Laurie this has to get fixed ASAP ...

loosing good paying customers is what is going to happen next ... 

awaiting a response ...... 

Edited by 1874
Word change

Fully behind the complaints here.  Almost every game there is an issue of some kind or other.

To compound matters, apart from a short spell at the beginning of last season when the service charges increased, complaints, requests for information and suggestions for improvement go unanswered apart from Laurie's personal input on this forum.

Somebody needs to be appointed to take charge of this whole streaming video operation since the current setup is simply not working properly at all. 

Apart from the issue yesterday morning and missing the first 5 mins of the game, I can't say I've had any other issues with the service from down under - would not describe the service as poor or terrible quality. 

I guess that you're a fairly new user?  If you're happy with the service provided, that's great.

However, thanks to an enormous amount of work put in by "neonjambo" in China, you might like to check out the following pie chart which shows clearly that fully 40% of all Hearts TV streams have had problems.

HTV.png

Morning folks,

I know that what is posted in this thread is checked fairly regularly by the club and I do share things with them myself too, so I'll be sure to mention the above posts. As I've mentioned before I won't get into the issues some of you've been experienced in too much detail, as I appreciate there have been problems and it's out of my remit. However, I will add that there were some problems on Friday that were down to Motherwell and outwith Hearts' control that caused some issues at the start of the coverage (which I see was mentioned above). 

In terms of audio quality it's also worth mentioning that the club invested in two new headsets to replace the ones that we had been using, so hopefully there will be a noticeable improvement on that side of things (I realise international subs didn't get our audio on Friday anyway so you wouldn't have noticed).

I'll forward on the other messages to my colleagues.

Laurie 

On 20/08/2019 at 05:20, DesertDawg said:

I guess that you're a fairly new user?  If you're happy with the service provided, that's great.

However, thanks to an enormous amount of work put in by "neonjambo" in China, you might like to check out the following pie chart which shows clearly that fully 40% of all Hearts TV streams have had problems.

HTV.png

I've been a subscriber since 2017/2018 season so yeah maybe recent user.

Just happy to follow hearts overseas

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

@Lauriewill the Stream of today’s game for international subscribers be accompanied by your goodself’s commentary or will we have to suffer the likes of Tom Boyd etc? 

We do have the Hearts TV audio team but only on the left channel.  Is this a function of the commentary being inserted into a non Hearts TV stream?

33 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Been fine here apart from the one channel audio.

Support response.  :tumbleweed:

"I will pass your email onto our engineers. We are broadcasting from the away stadium today."

Just cut of 3 mins from the end .. another one to add to the many many complaints to hearts tv ... every single game it’s the same .. getting fed up of this service 

40 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

What happened?  You just lost the signal?  Been O.K. here.

yes desert , just completely froze the last 3 mins and did not come back , tried refresh but would not connect back up ... apart from that it was ok ... but again another issue i should not be getting from an expensively paid product  

I agree that you shouldn't be having those problems but this one sounds as if it was more local in Canada than elsewhere as I had no trouble with the stream at all.  In fact, the whole presentation from Celtic TV was very well put together.  II guess that the TV streaming guru that they hired away from Raith Rovers is doing as good a job for them as he did at Kirkcaldy.......and he's getting paid now!

I mean we even got our own commentary from Laurie and Harry Cochrane who gave some nice insights about the players on the park. 

Were you using a wi-fi streaming service?

2 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

I agree that you shouldn't be having those problems but this one sounds as if it was more local in Canada than elsewhere as I had no trouble with the stream at all.  In fact, the whole presentation from Celtic TV was very well put together.  II guess that the TV streaming guru that they hired away from Raith Rovers is doing as good a job for them as he did at Kirkcaldy.......and he's getting paid now!

I mean we even got our own commentary from Laurie and Harry Cochrane who gave some nice insights about the players on the park. 

Were you using a wi-fi streaming service?

Yes desert , wifi , streamed from iPhone to Samsung tv .... didn’t notice a wifi drop , but if yours worked well then maybe it was a problem with Canada only connection .... did you have a different start up page on hearts tv ? Mine was completely different from the usual one .. 

Yes, the log on screen was new.  Had me a bit confused at first too!  I'll be interested to see next week if that's a Hearts TV improvement or whether it was put there for Celtic TV so that we'd get re-directed to our own commentary team.  Since my auto-login didn't work and I had to log in manually it makes me think that it wasn't a Hearts TV change.  We'll see.  

I also found the quality of HD picture to be excellent without any manual settings and had no glitches at all during the game.  There was one other added benefit of having our own commentary.  We didn't have to listen to Tom Boyd at half time!    😉

18 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Yes, the log on screen was new.  Had me a bit confused at first too!  I'll be interested to see next week if that's a Hearts TV improvement or whether it was put there for Celtic TV so that we'd get re-directed to our own commentary team.  Since my auto-login didn't work and I had to log in manually it makes me think that it wasn't a Hearts TV change.  We'll see.  

I also found the quality of HD picture to be excellent without any manual settings and had no glitches at all during the game.  There was one other added benefit of having our own commentary.  We didn't have to listen to Tom Boyd at half time!    😉

agree about the stream desert , it was fine and nice HD , just annoying for me that it cut off prior to the end , but as you said that may have been a Canada wifi issue . 

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, 1874 said:

agree about the stream desert , it was fine and nice HD , just annoying for me that it cut off prior to the end , but as you said that may have been a Canada wifi issue . 

And no sound at half time 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
2 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Anyone getting on? Getting Subscriptions suspended?

It's asking me to renew even though I have an active subscription.  Becoming an absolute joke.

Same log on screen as last week.

HD pic quality and audio both good.

QJ.  Try logging off completely, clear you system cache and log back in.  I had that trouble last week.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
19 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Same log on screen as last week.

HD pic quality and audio both good.

QJ.  Try logging off completely, clear you system cache and log back in.  I had that last week.

Cheers - that seems to have worked.  What a hassle though, some different issue every week.

18 minutes ago, fila said:

Got it on the IPad through safari but it wouldn’t work through google or on the smart TV?

Can’t you just cast to the smart tv , that’s what I do from my iPhone and it’s the  best quality from all the different ways I’ve tried to view hearts tv ... and I’ve tried a lot :) 

Edited by 1874
Word change

5 hours ago, 1874 said:

Can’t you just cast to the smart tv , that’s what I do from my iPhone and it’s the  best quality from all the different ways I’ve tried to view hearts tv ... and I’ve tried a lot :) 

Cheers I will give it a go 

1874 is right.......although a laptop or desktop running Google Chrome is good too

The problem lies with Hearts TV not providing sufficient content for all browsers.  Don't even bother with Firefox or Opera but you can get god results on a TV with Puffin although it can be a bit slow in loading.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 09:11, 1874 said:

my ipad wont cast to smart tv direct has to go through apple tv , it used to then a software upgrade stopped it happening 

15 hours ago, ozjambo said:

my ipad wont cast to smart tv direct has to go through apple tv , it used to then a software upgrade stopped it happening 

Strange , I cast my iPhone to Apple TV and can also cast to my Samsung smart tv from the iPhone 

Help. This comes up when I try to subscribe tried it 3 times now appears on credit card as 0.00 pending tried the contact us thing on Hearts tv yesterday no answer as yet ,  photo doesn’t show error message but it says something about subscription not found

55636E7D-6D43-4C4A-B02B-6D2C5746B9FB.png

Edited by ozjambo
More info

When I login to heartstv I get a box pop up with renew there is no content in the box, when I go to renew I get an error message after credit card payment,  I tried to take a screenshot of the error but it's only there for a few seconds and I'm a numpty at working the screenshot buttons, I seem to be able to still access videos even though my subscription lapsed on 12/09.

48 minutes ago, ozjambo said:

When I login to heartstv I get a box pop up with renew there is no content in the box, when I go to renew I get an error message after credit card payment,  I tried to take a screenshot of the error but it's only there for a few seconds and I'm a numpty at working the screenshot buttons, I seem to be able to still access videos even though my subscription lapsed on 12/09.

sorry oz , cant really help much as i don,t get the upgrade page , when i log in it just goes straight to the hearts tv ... sorry i know , no help to you , unless someone else knows then the email to support is your best option, there usually quite quick at getting back to you 

Anyone else just getting the black page with the match count down? Cant link to anything else. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic